Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 13, 2012 9:54 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A golden hair girl (sounds like Hirano-san, but actually Koshimizu-san.) who wants to meet the real Yuuko. But seems like she's lying?

School festival and Yuuko wanting to eat everything in the festival.

Scary thing... and that girl from before is hurt. (and smiling?) Then scary rumor spreads that targets for Yuuko.

So she's another Yuuko, and she hates kaidan because people asks about he legend just because she's another Yuuko. Then everyone caught that golden hair Yuuko instead for sacrifice. The real Yuuko saved her and scared everyone else.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 13, 2012 2:47 PM

Jun 2011
Can anyone explain what happened at the very end? I don't quite understand. :/

They were wondering about how the bell rang, then Okonogi ran away. I think she ran because she was afraid that the teachers will come after hearing the bell rang. After than Kirie saw a shadow appear. I wonder what/who that is.
May 13, 2012 2:53 PM

Nov 2011
Talk about drama and rumors. This episode takes it to a new level.

It definitely seems that the new girl seems to be bothered about the "rumor" of Yuuko-san and her ghost stories. Talk about a pissed off girl.

Series takes a bit of a psychological twist in this latest episode. Love it.
Stark700May 13, 2012 9:34 PM
May 13, 2012 5:05 PM

Nov 2008
There we go - one of the mysteries, and very well done too! Yuuko and Teiichi make a very good team.
May 13, 2012 7:41 PM

Jul 2011
Jesus, this sub is taking forever.
May 13, 2012 7:51 PM

Sep 2011
This episode is what you get when you mix Another with Akiyuki Shinbo's directing style, both of which I like a lot. 5/5
May 13, 2012 9:28 PM

Feb 2012
Man, I was hoping for more Yuuko and Teiichi romance in this one. Oh well, still a wonderful episode. Yuuko once again getting shit done, helping out that bullying victim/possible sacrifice. Such a nice ghost. Really enjoyed how she handled the whole thing, what with the baseball bat and the evil-looking monster getup. And the end was weird, now I really can't wait for the next episode. Once a week is not enough. Still can't believe we're at the halfway point.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
May 13, 2012 10:45 PM

Jun 2010
And here I thought they weren't going to incorporate this arc in the anime. Still it was a nice episode, I'm glad they did do it.

May 13, 2012 10:52 PM

Nov 2008
This episode kind of reminded me of the last few episodes of Another. Still they did a good job of animating this part of the arc.
May 13, 2012 10:54 PM
Aug 2011
boring episode
and the taunting scene went on for like an hour
May 13, 2012 11:29 PM

Jan 2011
It almost looked like we'd get another body tucked away in the old school, but they were able to rescue the sacrificial victim. Whipping the mob into a frenzy is always a dangerous thing.

It looks like Yuuko (the original not the golden-haired girl) was really enjoying the cultural fair. I wonder if this is the first time she was able to eat the various food samples.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 13, 2012 11:32 PM

Nov 2011
Overall, I liked it. They managed to set a darker mood than usual. I'm not exactly a fan of Shinbou's style, but I thought the Shinbou-esque direction was quite fitting here. Not as much humor, but I never felt this show was particularly good at that. It would have been better if Akahito-san's identity wasn't so blatantly obvious, but that's unavoidable. I'm not sure exactly how she's eating and running around with food though.

And I agree the taunting scene did go on for a bit long.
MissileSoupMay 14, 2012 1:07 AM
May 14, 2012 12:02 AM

Dec 2010
Ironic how karma turns out, but with that said it was a good episode; they crammed a lot into one episode, but then again the order was already off so i suppose it isn't that big of a deal; kinda surprised what the ending hinted at since i thought even with the messed up order that they would do those chapters later in the series.
May 14, 2012 12:13 AM

May 2011
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A golden hair girl (sounds like Hirano-san, but actually Koshimizu-san.) who wants to meet the real Yuuko. But seems like she's lying?

School festival and Yuuko wanting to eat everything in the festival.

Scary thing... and that girl from before is hurt. (and smiling?) Then scary rumor spreads that targets for Yuuko.

So she's another Yuuko, and she hates kaidan because people asks about he legend just because she's another Yuuko. Then everyone caught that golden hair Yuuko instead for sacrifice. The real Yuuko saved her and scared everyone else.

Damn, I knew the golden girl sounds like Kallen back there.

Yeah, it was very unlucky to have same name there, but I'm glad it was solved.

And what did just Kirie saw back there in clock tower?
May 14, 2012 1:05 AM
Nov 2008
DAT SHAFT!

Holy crap! As if I didn't enjoy Amnesia enough already, it just peeked again! Fantastic dark episode, all while maintaining the great characters and the overall atmosphere. Just when I was starting to wonder if it was slipping, Amnesia bounced right back to the top. Love it!
May 14, 2012 2:09 AM

Jan 2011
first time something remotely interesting happen in a while seems like these kids were almost as bad as the ones of Class 3 lol.

and dat ending..they been hinting at that for a while now guess we'll get to see some form of a plot development
May 14, 2012 2:13 AM

Jun 2010
Wait didn't anyone notice in the hallway that there is a floating cotton candy when Yuuko talking to Teiichi? Inconsistency :P
May 14, 2012 2:29 AM

Feb 2012
I f#cking love this anime! ^^

everyone was like: no i don't want to die! hilarious! you've got PrankD !

nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan Forever!
May 14, 2012 2:40 AM

Sep 2011
The art direction was really something else. Great episode.
May 14, 2012 2:46 AM

Oct 2009
Sury said:
The art direction was really something else. Great episode.

I Agree with you!

Nice episode.
May 14, 2012 4:03 AM

Jul 2009
You know, I'm up to date on the manga and the anime... and I've thought before "Teiichi could so score with Yuuko-san, but I never really wondered "What's it like to have sex with a ghost?" hahaha. It's got to be an out-of-this-world experience~

Kirishima Yuuko seemed to have more intense emotions in the manga than this episode, and her Akahito-san was much more obscure than I was hoping for. I was hoping they'd give Kirishima those intense emotions, I wanted to watch her wallow in despair. :'(
May 14, 2012 5:20 AM

Oct 2011
For some unknown reasons I like this series :)
and with each episode I find new things to enjoy in it - this is kind of surprise I appreciate (another in this season is Girlfriend X)

this ep was creepy
with all of art directing... or maybe it's that this school is not for normal people
as it seems that those who see Yuuko are most sane, and of course she is too

and that romance or rather chemistry between characters - I like it, so now Teiichi needs to die so they can be together
May 14, 2012 6:07 AM

Aug 2009
And that's why I like Silver Link. Oonuma Shin did a great job with this episode.
May 14, 2012 6:34 AM
Dec 2011
only the japanese cam make a show about a gohst and make the living scarrier. Ten bucks says the gohst kirie keeps seeing is gonna be the loli charracter for this series. I dont know why i just get that feeling
May 14, 2012 6:54 AM
Jul 2018
Taking ghost stories so seriously *facepalm* I understand blonde girl's rage
I know it's anime but does that justify such stupidity?
Well, at least less fanservice and more horror related stuff
May 14, 2012 7:09 AM

Nov 2011
New character hates ghost stories
Less fan service and more horror
Great art directing in the taunting scenes
May 14, 2012 8:57 AM

Aug 2010
Kind of a different atmosphere this episode but it was still good.
May 14, 2012 9:00 AM

Apr 2012
This was a solid episode even if it did go a little over the top with the cult like atmosphere of the students. It's like the students instantly took the rumors blond Yuuko start as hard fact. I mean even if they did believe though it's a little hard to believe that they would all become so instantly creepy and psychotic together. Although I guess it did help to hammer home the theme of the episode so I won't complain too much about it because it was still an enjoyable episode.

I really like this show when it tones down on the fanservice and instead tries to tell a more horror driven story. Episodes like this are my favorite kind of horror story because the scares are derived from the people's irrational reactions rather than the supernatural. It makes you question is there really anything scarier than humans and their imaginations?

As always the animation and artwork are drool worthy and in this episode it was quite well used. Portraying the students as a group of faceless individuals really showed the group mentality driving their actions. The individuals lost themselves to their fear and became part of this sinister group mind. It's interesting because while this episode was extreme, a group mentality like this is a very real thing.

I just wish there were more episodes like this one and episode 3 and less of the fan service. This show has the ingredients to be great but it normally doesn't fulfill it's potential. Every episode does tend to have a few moments that make me sit up and take notice but this episode was gripping all the way through. Although I feel like this episode could have been even better if they had started building it up last episode.
ItoukaijiMay 14, 2012 9:05 AM
May 14, 2012 9:03 AM

Feb 2009
Well that was fast. They blazed through this whole arc in a flash.
Though I could appreciate a little buildup like Kirishima showing up in the previous episode as a cliffhanger. The content was still pretty good and thrilling. Okay I guess.
May 14, 2012 9:16 AM

Jun 2011
Pretty good episode, I'm glad they decided to take this arc into use ^^
Very well animated, I was really impressed with this episode, hope they keep up with this quality! :)
Although the animation and the episode generally were top-notch for this anime so far, I feel like there was something missing for this comparing to the manga... I just can't quite grasp of what it is.
4/5 for the episode because I was left with the kind of feeling that something important is missing, otherwise would be 5/5

Looking forward to the next episodes, finally some development with
is in sight :)
May 14, 2012 9:50 AM

Dec 2011
That ending is weird. I lol'd at all those students running for their lives. There was no Akahito-san. lol
May 14, 2012 9:53 AM

Jan 2008
This episode was a bit more serious than the previous ones where before they just rode on the anti-climax trope. This time they dealt with people's blinded way of thinking and mass hysteria, which may have even ended in murder had it not been for our protagonists/main characters. I'm actually glad to see more serious elements being implemented, and hopefully lead to more backstory to Yuuko's past, and the potential outcome of her future (maybe with Teiichi).
May 14, 2012 9:59 AM
Sep 2011
There was too little build-up and as a result a great sense of disbelief to overcome for me concerning the arising paranoia of the students. Still, I appreciated the experimentation with different artstyles and the peculiar use of lighting.
May 14, 2012 10:10 AM

Apr 2010
The effect a rumour can have is scary people will believe allot when there scared and they won't know what there doing anymore.
Paranoia is a scary thing and people suffering from it are dangerous.

It was a nice episode i really timed Kirishima Yuuko for some reason tho she should have just ignored the rumour it would have been better for her.
May 14, 2012 10:18 AM

Feb 2012
Was this episode directed by a first-year film student? There's nothing worse than horror that tries to be avant-garde for the sake of being avant-garde -- because that's missing the point. Between the use of a film damage filter, a sepia filter, some black-and-white scenes, distortion effects, subtitled dialogue, and random words splattered in red across the screen, this episode was a mess. Sure, you can justify each of those techniques individually, but some things you just don't stir into the cooking pot together.

(That being said, I still love this episode's use of contrast, as I have for every episode so far.)
May 14, 2012 11:22 AM
Jan 2011
Oh boy I wonder if Kirie is gonna be possessed in the next episode?
May 14, 2012 11:29 AM

May 2010
Creepy is one of the main thing I love about this anime !!
May 14, 2012 12:13 PM
Oct 2010
good ep. good manga adaptation. stupid ass girls. dont seem that much differnt from my school
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

May 14, 2012 1:37 PM

Jan 2012
Wow, this episode was so creepy. I liked it !

May 14, 2012 1:52 PM

Jun 2011
th3dudee said:
I f#cking love this anime! ^^

everyone was like: no i don't want to die! hilarious! you've got PrankD !
May 14, 2012 2:59 PM

Aug 2011
Whoa, that was a good episode! It felt different from the previous ones and actually seemed to have some horror in it. It also had much less comedy as compared to the other episodes - also a good contribution to the atmosphere.
May 14, 2012 3:04 PM

Feb 2012
Great ep. Very different from previous ones.

TBH I wanted the golden haired Yuuko to get killed by those kids lol. Anyone that sets up silly false rumours like that only to have it turned against you deserves what comes to them.

Scene @ the very end of the ep was interesting too.

Can't wait for next ep!
May 14, 2012 3:33 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Teiichi: Isn't it painful for you?
Yuuko: Painful?
May 14, 2012 4:55 PM

Nov 2008
It was a good episode, didn't expect it to be animated, really xD
May 14, 2012 5:33 PM

May 2012
Quite a nice episode ~

Looks like we're finally gonna get some info on that shadow
May 14, 2012 6:02 PM

Sep 2011
Golden haired girl or yellow w/e, isn't afraid of anything? Uhm I wonder if she has connections to something. (Typed this while watching it)

Also next episode we get to see that shadow thats been lurking. Curious to what will happen. Can't wait.
TyrelMay 14, 2012 6:18 PM
May 14, 2012 6:32 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Hakuromatsu said:
Was this episode directed by a first-year film student?

I had that impression.

Unfortunately it wasn't creepy but it was retarded.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 14, 2012 6:48 PM

Jun 2008
Wonderful dark tone episode and a nice showing of what fear can do to human mentality(Hello US citizens) and how things can get out of hand or have unexpected consequences for those playing them.

That scary black ghost seems to be especially haunting Kirie. I wonder why.
May 14, 2012 7:51 PM

Feb 2011
Can we get some progress already? =/
May 14, 2012 8:06 PM

May 2010
what a turn of a event in this episode, someone called yukko that alive and hellbent at frist to get her name cleaer by make up some false story about "The Red Women" the whole studentbody there must be a bunch of idiot, beliving her but fear set in and make people do crazy thing and see something that not there, when they came busting in on the club house i was like o'snap these people are crazy, thought they where gonna find yukko body but they grab Teiichi instead but was glade to see Dead yukko save em and with a bat noless haha, the other yukko plan straight back on her, saw that coming just for the sole reason that she was messing with dem crazy's paranoid girls, so all in the end Dead yukko has to save Living Yukko from being sacrifice by her own rumor and in style i might add haha, was great to see the end, end like it did with peace made just wondering if the living yukko with have anything to do witrh the story?

PS: Dat Fan-Service haha had to mention it it wouldn't be a ep witrhout some at lease

5/5
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2012

156 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2012

567 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2012

142 by Karva1 »»
Mar 13, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2012

169 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 20, 2012

149 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.