Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2012 12:43 AM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
Romeo said:
wigglejelly said:
Why not save her and kill all the zombies instead ?
Why care for the unknown people more instead of your mom ? weird.
His choice is like a psychopath just like his voice.

100% agreed
i loved the last 2 episodes (in fact i loved every single episode of this season), but idk.... this 1 particular thing, his reasoning etc. for actually killing his "mother", a person so close to him... for total strangers.. without being completely certain that others wouldve actually died... i found that weak !

shirley + natalia
really like(d) these 2 characters

kiritsugu (a character i wouldve usually liked), not so much !
idk why.. but i cant stand him (+ he had lancer commit suicide, fu! (btw.. lancers death-scene was epic)

Because these two episodes weren't done well. You get to see how broken Kiritsugu is as a person in the novels.

And no he can't save Natalia and destroy the plane once it lands at an airport.
BloodRequiem said:
Romeo said:
wigglejelly said:
Why not save her and kill all the zombies instead ?
Why care for the unknown people more instead of your mom ? weird.
His choice is like a psychopath just like his voice.

100% agreed
i loved the last 2 episodes (in fact i loved every single episode of this season), but idk.... this 1 particular thing, his reasoning etc. for actually killing his "mother", a person so close to him... for total strangers.. without being completely certain that others wouldve actually died... i found that weak !

shirley + natalia
really like(d) these 2 characters

kiritsugu (a character i wouldve usually liked), not so much !
idk why.. but i cant stand him (+ he had lancer commit suicide, fu! (btw.. lancers death-scene was epic)

Because these two episodes weren't done well. You get to see how broken Kiritsugu is as a person in the novels.

And no he can't save Natalia and destroy the plane once it lands at an airport.

so many pages of explaining why but people still complain.Well I doubt that they read evry single post anyway...
Oct 15, 2012 8:27 AM
Jan 2012
Cool episode, I was about to cry when Kiritsugu broke down.
Also, he really knows how to be an idealist without being annoying like Saber and Shiro.

5/5

AlexSadist-sama said:
Well I think one life can mean more than many other lives but it's a matter of perspective.

I agree. I wouldn't kill someone I love for the sake of others.

But then agian, I am not an idealist.
Oct 23, 2012 11:50 AM

Jan 2011
good episode and the art in his show continues to amaze me
Oct 23, 2012 12:57 PM

Jul 2012
Well its nice to see his past and I know everyone takes things differently but I don't think his past was so disturbing as to him to think that every bad guy should be killed because the only true enemy in the village was his father after that they were zombies so the church and mages had to kill lifeless people including Natalia so I don't understand his call to justice.

Also there are people that have experienced far worse life altering things in their life that truly grants for revenge not a freak accident of zombies started by your own dad.
Oct 23, 2012 1:42 PM

Aug 2009
Amon-Raw said:
Well its nice to see his past and I know everyone takes things differently but I don't think his past was so disturbing as to him to think that every bad guy should be killed because the only true enemy in the village was his father after that they were zombies so the church and mages had to kill lifeless people including Natalia so I don't understand his call to justice.

Also there are people that have experienced far worse life altering things in their life that truly grants for revenge not a freak accident of zombies started by your own dad.
Why would they kill Natalia?And he was just a kid back then not a rational adult.For him that island was the entire world.
ssjokgOct 23, 2012 1:47 PM
Oct 24, 2012 7:34 AM

Jul 2012
No I meant Natalia was one of the people who killed the village people when they were zombies nothing makes her different than the mages,and executioners? In fact she works for both sides
Oct 24, 2012 7:41 AM

Apr 2011
Amon-Raw said:
No I meant Natalia was one of the people who killed the village people when they were zombies nothing makes her different than the mages,and executioners? In fact she works for both sides

She saved him, I think. The executioners and mages would've killed Kerry because he's a witness (mages), or a possible dead apostle threat or something(Church)

Though correct me if I am wrong
Oct 24, 2012 7:43 AM

Aug 2009
sagdashin said:
Amon-Raw said:

She saved him, I think. The executioners and mages would've killed Kerry because he's a witness (mages), or a possible dead apostle threat or something(Church)

i dont think they would kill him or his dad.But they would be very good guinea pigs...At least the mages would be interested enough in his dad's work.
Oct 24, 2012 6:18 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
sagdashin said:
Amon-Raw said:

i dont think they would kill him or his dad.But they would be very good guinea pigs...At least the mages would be interested enough in his dad's work.

Yep. He already had a sealing designation and was being hunted down.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Oct 31, 2012 8:02 AM

Aug 2009
Sayuri said:
Really didn't see the point in interrupting Holy Grail War drama with 2 episodes of Kiritsugu's past. It's not like they're opinion-changing episodes, showing that Kiritsugu had a tragic childhood that would explain him being so cold and cruel in the present; even as a kid he was already a ruthless bastard.
Two unecessary episodes, IMO. Failed attempts at making him a likeable character.

Yeah that was the point.*facepalm*
Nov 18, 2012 11:09 PM

Jul 2012
That. Was freaking. Masterful.
5/5
Tempted to give this show a 10 if it can keep this up.
Amazing
T_T

I swear, these two episodes could be a standalone OVA and would still be amazing.
QuiGonJonNov 18, 2012 11:14 PM

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Nov 24, 2012 4:27 AM

May 2012
This was actually a quite epic episode I like these back story episodes for a reason! Really great dramatic story with an even sadder ending, I do think we're going back after this episode to the main story line! But if not I'm sure to enjoy either of both!
Dec 19, 2012 9:36 AM

Dec 2012
Wait a minute, why the fuck wasn't there a single parachute on that plane?

*My Profile || Signature by Jeav || I am a part οf The Invisibles. || My Anime List*
Dec 19, 2012 9:40 AM

Nov 2011
Hasekura-sama said:

Implying airliner provides parachutes for their customers
The Art of Eight
Dec 19, 2012 10:02 AM

Dec 2012
dankickyou said:
Hasekura-sama said:

Shouldn't there be at least one or two for emergencies?

*My Profile || Signature by Jeav || I am a part οf The Invisibles. || My Anime List*
Dec 19, 2012 10:06 AM

Nov 2011
Hasekura-sama said:
dankickyou said:
Hasekura-sama said:

Nope. not to my knowledge. Most major airlines don't have parachutes.
The Art of Eight
Dec 19, 2012 10:27 AM

Dec 2012
dankickyou said:
Hasekura-sama said:
dankickyou said:
Hasekura-sama said:

Wow, didn't know that. Thanks for clearing that up.

Dec 19, 2012 10:50 AM

Dec 2012
Hasekura-sama said:
dankickyou said:
Hasekura-sama said:
dankickyou said:
Hasekura-sama said:

Wow, didn't know that. Thanks for clearing that up.

Yep. Airliners generally crash land in the water, and for that they provide life preservers and exit slides. It would be too much of a risk to try and jettison 300 people out of a crashing plane when they have no experience.
Dec 22, 2012 12:16 AM

Nov 2009
Well that sucks, loses his whole life as an innocent child then loses the chick that trains him and shows him a new way of life...

Not that I didn't enjoy the flash backs but kind of glad it will get back to normal fighting after this episode ... I think.
Jan 31, 2013 10:04 AM
Aug 2011
I love the new endings.

I knew he was going to crush that plane the second he sailed with boat. Wonderful episode...
Feb 9, 2013 1:00 AM

Aug 2012
That was... so sad.. *sniff*
Mar 4, 2013 5:29 AM

Jan 2012
A really powerful episode. His past is really interesting.

Mar 9, 2013 12:29 AM

Sep 2012
Kerry kills his dad, then he kills ,what felt like to me, his mother...:(
Mar 9, 2013 3:54 AM

Aug 2009
zombiepika said:
Kerry kills his dad, then he kills ,what felt like to me, his mother...:(

To him she really was like a mother.
Mar 17, 2013 9:50 AM
Jan 2010
The story of How I Became Edgy continues.

If this was real life Kiritsugu would've missed horrendously and made a fool out of himself. Aiming at the middle of the plane like that isn't going to work. If by some miracle he had hit, a small gun like that probably couldn't even have breached the hull, much less kill the person who's flying the plane.
Mar 17, 2013 10:16 AM

Apr 2011
wailofthebanshee said:

If this was real life Kiritsugu would've missed horrendously and made a fool out of himself. Aiming at the middle of the plane like that isn't going to work. If by some miracle he had hit, a small gun like that probably couldn't even have breached the hull, much less kill the person who's flying the plane.

I think there's something called heat-seeking missiles, also if a bird can make planes crash (being sucked into the turbines), a missile should be able to also - and the gasoline in planes are usually stored in the middle, where the missile hit, hence the bigg ass explosion.
Mar 17, 2013 9:06 PM

Aug 2009
sagdashin said:
wailofthebanshee said:

I think there's something called heat-seeking missiles, also if a bird can make planes crash (being sucked into the turbines), a missile should be able to also - and the gasoline in planes are usually stored in the middle, where the missile hit, hence the bigg ass explosion.
You are losing your time with another snobbish hipster.
Mar 19, 2013 10:07 AM

May 2010
Hasekura-sama said:
dankickyou said:
Hasekura-sama said:

It's probably easyJet
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 22, 2013 2:23 PM

Oct 2012
Was I the only one who thought she could have landed the plane, shot threw the window and escaped then he blow up the plane in some remote area? It's sad but im pretty sure this could have been avoided. >___>
Mar 22, 2013 3:02 PM

Aug 2009
kdog7815 said:
Was I the only one who thought she could have landed the plane, shot threw the window and escaped then he blow up the plane in some remote area? It's sad but im pretty sure this could have been avoided. >___>
Go some pages back.Read some of the posts.
Apr 16, 2013 10:20 PM
Dec 2010
Excelente episodio, un final esperado pero no por eso menos impactante.
May 17, 2013 12:29 AM
May 2013
It would be epic if he actually hit those birds with his RPG rocket.
I guess we will still get the same emotional breakdown from Kiritsugu XD
Jun 12, 2013 3:28 AM

Apr 2013
What an intense episode.
Jun 12, 2013 5:43 AM

Nov 2012
and at end he kill natalia too -_- oh kiritsu..
Jun 12, 2013 5:43 AM

Nov 2012
Lyne said:
a weird mother's day special from fate/zero 2

agreed :/
Jun 25, 2013 2:12 PM
Nov 2012
This episode had them feels. I really feel so sad after watching it.
Jul 2, 2013 4:58 PM

Feb 2013
So much emotions... T_T

The best episode in this season so far.
Natalia's last smile was symbolic in a way. It is as if Natalia said, "Good job, my son."

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 16, 2013 10:00 AM

Oct 2008
This episode made the backstory okayish, but I still don't like this silly pandering with the zombies/vampires/ghouls or whatever the hell they are.
Jul 16, 2013 1:50 PM

Jul 2007
HATUL300 said:
This episode made the backstory okayish, but I still don't like this silly pandering with the zombies/vampires/ghouls or whatever the hell they are.

Because its a freaking multiverse of alternate timelines and alternate dimensions. And what's half the reason multiverses exist in fiction in the first place? Yep to see cameos and concepts from other parts of multiverse.

Which is a given considering the original VN, which this is a prequel to, told its story in bits separated in three different timelines covering the three equally canon variations of same event.
Jul 20, 2013 7:34 PM

May 2013
Wow, learning about Kiritsugu's past was totally interesting and worthwhile in my opinion. I wonder if Kiritsugu will win the Grail and end his suffering.
Jul 21, 2013 12:24 PM

Jul 2013
grat episode totally worth exploring his past
just awesome *-*
Jul 25, 2013 10:14 PM

Jan 2013
A lot of backstory for him.

Great episode.
5/5
Aug 11, 2013 9:11 PM
Dec 2012
kdog7815 said:

This.

And the guy who wrote this(Urobuchi or something like that i think) is really a bad writer, he probably thinks like this: "Let's make this scene and then let's make the worst case scenario happen, where everyone dies the worst way possible".
That's not good writing to me. He did it with the village, did it with lancer(he had to die i know, but could have been killed by Saber with honor at least) and now with this plane...
Aug 12, 2013 3:00 AM

Aug 2009
Korangi said:
kdog7815 said:

This.

And the guy who wrote this(Urobuchi or something like that i think) is really a bad writer, he probably thinks like this: "Let's make this scene and then let's make the worst case scenario happen, where everyone dies the worst way possible".
That's not good writing to me. He did it with the village, did it with lancer(he had to die i know, but could have been killed by Saber with honor at least) and now with this plane...
If you had actually read any other post except those that have the same opinion as you do then you would know WHY he had to do it.

Oh poor you.Then according to you most ancient poets,if not all are really bad.

Yoor preferred writing=/=good writing.Also if you had ANY idea about the world of Fate/ you would know that Urobuchi doesnt even compare with Kinoko Nasu ,creator of Fate/ and other series.
Aug 12, 2013 7:34 AM
Dec 2012
ssjokg said:
Korangi said:
kdog7815 said:

This.

If you had actually read any other post except those that have the same opinion as you do then you would know WHY he had to do it.

Yoor preferred writing=/=good writing.Also if you had ANY idea about the world of Fate/ you would know that Urobuchi doesnt even compare with Kinoko Nasu ,creator of Fate/ and other series.

I read the first 2 pages and the last 2, i'm not going to read 20+ pages obviously.

What i'm saying is that if the only way he can do his stories look "good" or interesting is by killing characters to shock audience then he isn't a good writer.

And Natalia could be easily saved by landing the plane, getting out and then he would blow up the plane but Urobuchi just wanted to go with the worst option.
Aug 12, 2013 10:15 AM

Aug 2009
Korangi said:
ssjokg said:
Korangi said:
kdog7815 said:

This.

I read the first 2 pages and the last 2, i'm not going to read 20+ pages obviously.

What i'm saying is that if the only way he can do his stories look "good" or interesting is by killing characters to shock audience then he isn't a good writer.

And Natalia could be easily saved by landing the plane, getting out and then he would blow up the plane but Urobuchi just wanted to go with the worst option.

No she couldnt "easily" be saved.GO read some of those 20+ pages.No nott even that.The ep itself spells it out for you that what you say CANT happen.

And you are the one to decide what makes a good writer, based on 3 scenes where 2 were decided before he even took the job or writing it?

If you disregard EVERYTHING else(and these is what you are doing),like char interactions,development and then focus on the shock value, that isnt bad if it isnt the only thing,and FZ has more than just shock value,then you cant complain for anything.
Aug 12, 2013 10:50 AM
Dec 2012
As far as i know, i can give my opinion here and that's what i did, so i don't understand why are you trying to change it or make it look wrong.

I read some more pages and i still don't see how she couldn't be saved... planes are totally sealed so zombies(and bees) couldn't get out, she could leave fast through the cockpit and he would blow it right after. But i get that Kiritsugu didn't want to risk repeating what happened before.

And about Urobuchi i based myself in Suisei no Gargantia
and Madoka Magica too not only in that 3 scenes, i just don't like Urobuchi. Because he always goes for the worse things, like it will make stories better as i said earlier and some of them even were unnecessary to the plot.

But i'm not saying i don't like the rest of Fate/Zero, i'm liking it a lot and will probably rate it 9 or 10 when i finish watching. I just don't like unnecessary kills for shock value.
NoChanceAug 12, 2013 11:05 AM
Aug 12, 2013 10:58 AM

Aug 2009
Korangi said:
As far as i know, i can give my opinion here and that's what i did, so i don't understand why are you trying to change it or make it look wrong.

I read some more pages and i still don't see how she couldn't be saved... planes are totally sealed so zombies(and bees) couldn't get out, she could leave fast through the cockpit and he would blow it right after. But i get that Kiritsugu didn't want to risk repeating what happened before.

And about Urobuchi i based myself in Suisei no Gargantia and Madoka Magica too not only in that 3 scenes, i just don't like Urobuchi. Because he always goes for the worse things, like it will make stories better as i said earlier and some of them even were unnecessary to the plot.

But i'm not saying i don't like the rest of Fate/Zero, i'm liking it a lot and will probably rate it 9 or 10 when i finish watching. I just don't like unnecessary kills for shock value.

1. use fucking spoilers.Not all see every series out there.Especially one that barely ended airing.
2.Both in Madoka and FZ it was necessary.

And Natalia said that she doesnt have experience to land it much less CRASH land it,and Kiritusgu would have to pass airport security to be able to hit the plane.Unless airport in USA are nonexistent.
The door was barely hanging.One free bee is all that is needed to repeat a nightmare.
Aug 12, 2013 11:10 AM
Dec 2012
Ups, sorry i didn't know how to use spoilers and i didn't remember it could spoil people, now i know =X

Natalia said she could probably land it, but i didn't think about airport security. Well they found out the plane exploded anyway and they were guiding Natalia so they knew something happened, but you're right i guess he would have been arrested.
Aug 12, 2013 3:31 PM

Dec 2012
Korangi said:
And about Urobuchi i based myself in Suisei no Gargantia and Madoka Magica too not only in that 3 scenes, i just don't like Urobuchi. Because he always goes for the worse things, like it will make stories better as i said earlier and some of them even were unnecessary to the plot.

The deaths are there for more than just shock value. You need to explain why Urobuchi's works are worse just because they are dark and more cynical. I know that if I criticized something like Gurren Lagan for being too upbeat I would never hear the end of it from other people, and rightfully so. Works should be judged on the quality of the plot and characters, not dismissed because the show "goes for the worst things".
Pages (12) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.