Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 2, 2012 12:28 AM

Feb 2011
ITT: People with their knowledge of guns from video games.

Also,
>AK copies
>Fake AKs
stop that.

That aside, this was the best episode so far. Also, I really like Galil's character design.
EDIT: Forgot to mention that Sig running into the pile of garbage was incredibly moe.

Also, to the bigot above who said Israeli girls look like pigs: does trying to put down half of the population of an entire nation make you feel better?
HarunoYumeMay 2, 2012 12:41 AM
May 2, 2012 7:00 AM

Dec 2011
Anyone know if the ending has a full version to it?
May 3, 2012 4:19 AM
Aug 2011
Poor Eru T_T
May 3, 2012 4:37 AM

Aug 2010
Y U bully Eru-chan constantly?

Seriously, poor girl. I guess she will get her moment in the next episode, but I really feel sorry for her. Too bad Ichiroku-chan is a main character, I always preferred AKs to M16s. 4/5.
May 3, 2012 4:56 AM
Mar 2010
Sako Rk.95? First time I've ever heard about that one.
I like Galil's character design much more though.
May 3, 2012 10:24 AM

Oct 2011
Yes :D
finally AK - or some version of it. But they put all things that make it amazing weapon - not that it's easy to hit something with them (unless you hit them with the gun). But sand, water and other things don't do the same thing as they do to Western weapons (and it applies to lots of Soviet weaponry) - so country like Finland or Israel are more likelly to adapt them than to use some construction that need a lot of testing - there is very few enviroments were AK wasn't use in war.
If you needed to shoot better than you add some SVD or Mosin–Nagant rifles for the team which was standart tactics.
May 3, 2012 1:38 PM

Sep 2010
This ep was meh. It mostly featured confusing conversations when you didn't know whether they were talking about the guns or the girls (or both) anymore, and the rest wasn't very good either. Come on, get to the good parts and skip the overload of gun information; otherwise it won't sell in Japan anyway if it has too less moe.

I'm still kinda confused by the fact that the teacher was introduced as a sorta protagonist in the first episode, but keep becoming a supporting character more and more.

ICanSeeTheEnding said:
Anyone know if the ending has a full version to it?
For some reason I can't find any information on release dates from my usual sources like webshops, but I assume it will be released in the coming few months.

Onyxthegreat said:
"I can't read German. I can't read Dutch either!" xD
Yeah, that was a funny moment, especially for me since I'm Dutch too like you. For some reason I expected French, but hearing "oranda" in anime happens less than French.
ObinderuMay 3, 2012 1:51 PM
May 4, 2012 7:59 AM

Aug 2011
I applaude this show for making gun history interesting to me.

I'm starting to take quite a liking towards FNC.
May 5, 2012 4:15 AM
Nov 2011
Dorkface18 said:
egoplant said:
Still don't really get why people like the show.

Human beings are weird creatures. We all have these things called "opinions" that differ from one another. What one human sees as "trash" another sees it as a "treasure". Is is still so difficult to perceive people as liking different things? Some people like guns. I like guns. I was interested in "Upotte!" because of that reason. Now I like it for more reasons, but the guns and character designs caught my eye first and foremost.

Is it Shakespearean writing? Hell no. Will it win award after award. Hell no, again. Is it entertaining to the people that watch it? Heck yea. If it isn't your cup of tea then drop it and watch something you truly enjoy.

I don't get why some peeps continue to watch/follow a show they don't like, then proceed to ask why OTHER people like it. One shouldn't have to explain why they are a fan of something. One just....is. I dropped one or two shows last season and I did not feel the need to go to fans of that series and ask, "Why are you still watching this?" I already knew the answer; they enjoy it.

Also, the girls are fucking adorable. I like watching cute girls doing cute things. ^__^
I understand why some people like it, it was just a figure of speech. The point of this forum is for discussion, not just a list of people saying "I like it" or "I don't like it". You can have your opinion, and you don't have to explain it, but that's what the point of this forum is for, discussing opinions.
May 5, 2012 2:32 PM

Feb 2012
Hoppy said:
Poor Eru it's not her fault she's a defective model of gun, she needs hugs and more encouragement not cold comments.

It may not be her fault but it isn’t excusable. Eru needs to come to terms with that fact.

I really loved how they used what happened in Vietnam to highlight Ichiroku’s dedication to winning, mainly because the United States technically didn’t lose the war. The US never lost a battled and killed around a million Vietnamese compared to over 50,000 American deaths. The US negotiated a ceasefire and then left, unfortunately the ceasefire didn’t last long and South Vietnam fell with no ally to help them. But due to how it all played out you can’t help but to say that the US lost the war, though their military didn’t.

I also love how they always show Ichiroku cleaning her rifle (herself?). The M16 is an amazing rifle if you keep it clean.
May 5, 2012 10:44 PM

May 2011
Awwww poor Eru, so adorable yet she ends up getting criticized. Its k tho Sig is there with her emm.. nice bicycle skills haha @ that garbage crash. Oh she ain't participating in the fight this time, I am starting to take a real liking to her.

Loving the way I am learning more about all of these guns and their history from this anime.
May 21, 2012 5:33 AM

Jul 2008
This show makes less sense with each episode.
Jun 14, 2012 4:00 PM

Nov 2011
Never, EVER fuck with Sako.
Jul 21, 2012 6:09 PM

Jun 2012
Sixteen is pretty smart for setting up that trap. I hope she wins.

Oh what.
Nov 15, 2012 10:18 PM

Jun 2011
FNC vs Fake AK next? It seems like a plot device to have Funko's team lose ):
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 21, 2012 12:23 AM

Jan 2012
Not enough ecchi to keep me entertained =/
Jul 24, 2013 3:59 PM

May 2012
Poor Elle-chan! Decent episode, lets see what's next!
Jul 23, 2016 10:06 AM

Dec 2012
Lots of tension this episode... will probably get fixed in the next two lol.
Oct 24, 2019 2:18 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice episode, the tournament is interesting, btw I find Galil AR so beautiful
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Upotte!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OrochiPL - Jun 9, 2012

95 by Dripz2012 »»
Apr 17, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Upotte!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

OrochiPL - May 5, 2012

103 by Dripz2012 »»
Apr 13, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Upotte!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Dr_Funkadelic - Apr 14, 2012

70 by Dripz2012 »»
Apr 10, 6:59 PM

Poll: » Upotte!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mirorin - Apr 7, 2012

149 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 16, 2023 5:13 PM

Poll: » Upotte!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OrochiPL - Jun 2, 2012

65 by korsarz »»
Sep 29, 2021 4:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.