Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 17, 2012 3:28 PM

May 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
yes aoi's stripping powers~~~!! lol :DDDDDD drats no nip slip why aoi?!?

old guy, behemoth, is the one who created behemoth.

jabberwock's entrance! that's one big dragon and noooo hilda!!!!!!!

super milk time~ oga's attacks is useless!

NO HILDA~~~

super croquette time?~? wtf

lol everyone else playing twister.

one big zebel emblem. now where's oga?

Final EP: :'( an anime orginal ending~~ but meh this episode was good. oga owned that dragon
Mar 17, 2012 3:30 PM

Nov 2011
Aoi being the cool chick that she is:

Anyways, funny and epic fight with the 34 Pillars Division.

And shit:

And seems like En is back for some backback for the game that he got his ass kicked awhile ago.

Girl power this episode, not only Aoi but Hilda as well:

Lmao, the "game":

Mm, interesting ending there.

Stark700Mar 17, 2012 4:35 PM
Mar 17, 2012 4:25 PM

Aug 2010
Oga destroyed the school again lol
Mar 17, 2012 4:42 PM
Jun 2011
pretty lame. not much rapmage hes on latly,,,,, to much talk.
Mar 17, 2012 4:49 PM

Nov 2011
Btw, is the next Beelzebub episode the finale? MAL list it as 60 episodes. This is the 59th episode *hint *hint*
Mar 17, 2012 4:57 PM

May 2011
Stark700 said:
Btw, is the next Beelzebub episode the finale? MAL list it as 60 episodes. This is the 59th episode *hint *hint*

pretty much since space brothers is taking over beelzebub's time slot
Mar 17, 2012 5:24 PM

Jul 2008
Filler ending, I'm very disapoint.
I'll rather they not have entered this arc at all if they weren't planning on finishing it.

That's what most anime studio should get in their head, if you plan on not finish an arc then you do not start it. Now instead of leaving room for a potential new season they just destroyed everything.
Mar 17, 2012 6:11 PM

Oct 2008
Its a shame it ends next episode, this was one of the series i really enjoyed.
Mar 17, 2012 6:31 PM
Feb 2012
some people really know how th fuck up a good anime
Maddo_scientisto said:
I'll rather they not have entered this arc at all if they weren't planning on finishing it.

That's what most anime studio should get in their head, if you plan on not finish an arc then you do not start it. Now instead of leaving room for a potential new season they just destroyed everything.

and i agree this was 1 of my favorite arc and they went and screw it up.
Mar 17, 2012 6:47 PM

Dec 2011
Now that is disappointing. I heard it will end in the 60th episode, and they will leave it in a cliffhanger and start a season 2. But they messed it all up. This is like the real battle arc on Beelzebub. One of the best and now they ruined it. The potential for a second season is now gone.

Cannot believe Jabberwock defeated that way. BTW, the VA has a terrible acting for Jabberwock.
F*** this original ending!

They should just have left it in a cliffhanger when Hilda is captured.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2012 7:08 PM

Feb 2012
MakiseKurisu said:
Now that is disappointing. I heard it will end in the 60th episode, and they will leave it in a cliffhanger and start a season 2. But they messed it all up. This is like the real battle arc on Beelzebub. One of the best and now they ruined it. The potential for a second season is now gone.

Cannot believe Jabberwock defeated that way. BTW, the VA has a terrible acting for Jabberwock.

Why should the potential be gone? They showed us a huge explosion site, nothing more, you couldn't see Oga or Jabberwock, they left it open.
I think they messed this episode up compared to the manga (which is way more awesome), I don't know why they would end it here, this arc has already concluded in the manga, they could at least finish it and then go on hiatus or whatever. Also, I'm surprised that I haven't seen any announcement that the anime is ending for now besides the news at the end of this episode. That's not the way you should treat the fans if it's true.
Mar 17, 2012 7:10 PM

Jul 2010
Jabberwock!
<3 for Alice in Wonderland! :D

But wow. This is really rushed and horrible. I totally sense a stupid filler ending to the series.
^ Exactly why they shouldn't have started a new arc in the last few episodes -_-"

I'm not an avid manga reader, so I probably will not be reading the Beelzebub manga but I enjoyed the time that it was here :)

I'm pretty sad though, I honestly enjoyed the show overall. I thought Kunieda's spazzes over Oga were HILARIOUS, and I enjoyed a lot of the fillers too because they were well done. The video game arc cracked me up. I'm gonna miss Furuichi and the girl that's always with Kanzaki. They were awesome and funny.
But yeah, next week I'm gonna be a bit sad :)

It's crazy though, about two weeks from now A LOT of the shows I'm currently watching are going to end: Bleach, Ano Natsu de Matteru, Another, Prince of Tennnis II, Beelzebub, Natsume Yuujinchou Shi, Recorder to Randoseru, and Inu x Boku SS.
It's kinda sad! I won't get my daily dose of anime anymore D;
Mar 17, 2012 7:18 PM

Dec 2011
Zhou said:
MakiseKurisu said:

Why should the potential be gone? They showed us a huge explosion site, nothing more, you couldn't see Oga or Jabberwock, they left it open.
I think they messed this episode up compared to the manga (which is way more awesome), I don't know why they would end it here, this arc has already concluded in the manga, they could at least finish it and then go on hiatus or whatever. Also, I'm surprised that I haven't seen any announcement that the anime is ending for now besides the news at the end of this episode. That's not the way you should treat the fans if it's true.

Well you might be right. I wrote those everything on impulse. You are right. They should have at least finished this arc after they started it. But the thing I wrote though, I think is still right, since the whole school is obliterated, and all of the battles occurs there. I won't accept it if the school where magically repaired though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2012 7:28 PM

Apr 2010
Maddo_scientisto said:

They probably didn't get news about it ending until they already started working on this arc. Its not the studios fault, they got cancelled by the TV channel.

Zhou said:
Also, I'm surprised that I haven't seen any announcement that the anime is ending for now besides the news at the end of this episode. That's not the way you should treat the fans if it's true.

There has been news its ending, for a month... ever since it was announced it lost its timeslot. Granted, thats not 100% proof, but very rarely does something move to a new timeslot if it loses its timeslot.
RyanSaotomeMar 17, 2012 7:31 PM

Mar 17, 2012 7:30 PM
Jan 2012
i can't believe the next episode is the last!they should've made it like the manga or something!or at least finish the arc where hilda loses her memory
Mar 17, 2012 7:55 PM

Jan 2011
Oh my god, this episode was awesome compared with the past episodes and loved this part heaps in the manga but during the second half I was like 'what a second this seems a bit different' and after seeing the preview, next week's episode is the last? Then realised, it ended with a filler ending omfg no. D: Totally didn't see this coming, Beelzebub Anime ending. Would have liked it if they hadn't touched this arc to begin with since they were catching up to the manga very closely. I'm seriously hoping for a 2nd season but Beelzebub is probably gonna end up like Air Gear and D-Gray Man, with the manga still going and Anime ended completely. D:

Anyway, on to the episode: Loved all those fight scenes. Aoi and Koma kicked ass and Agiel getting stripped was dope. xD Koma's deeper and more beastly voice while talking perverted was perfect ROFL. That Hilda and Oga moment was really sweet and nice but dammit that filler ending. Ah well, it wasn't too bad.

Overall great episode but that filler ending was disappointing. :S Way more epic in the manga. Hopefully in a few years they'll release an OVA and continuation of the actual true arc 'ending'. :P
Mar 17, 2012 8:07 PM
Oct 2010
no wonder this seemed rushed with all the scene switching. its ending next week. very glad. the anime came off a little more childish than i found the manga to be. had a lot of filler. it shouldve been shorter imo. the last ep seems like a filler too. and this ep was kinda meh. thoguth it was the building in the middle of town he destroyed in the manga
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 17, 2012 8:09 PM

Jan 2011
damn really...i was like wait hes going back to save her again?! wait he saved her and blew up the school again?! i understand this arc was kinda short if you skip the small stuff Oga does during it but i guess they are doing a different ending or more less a shorter one since it's the end, enjoyed the series but this is a good time for people that haven't read the manga to start because it's alot better :P!.
Mar 17, 2012 8:10 PM

May 2011
Oh yeah! Oga owning the dragon!

And LOL the campus destroyed again.

So original ending huh? Interesting to see.
Mar 17, 2012 8:25 PM

Feb 2012
MakiseKurisu said:
Well you might be right. I wrote those everything on impulse. You are right. They should have at least finished this arc after they started it. But the thing I wrote though, I think is still right, since the whole school is obliterated, and all of the battles occurs there. I won't accept it if the school where magically repaired though.

I mean, we don't know what happens in the last episode, but obviously it's not what happens in the manga,so don't get so upset, we can't change it :/ If they pick it up again, they could go back to this episode and revert it to they way it should've been going but in the end I don't know, we will have to wait. No one is probably satisfied with the way things go.

RyanSaotome said:
There has been news its ending, for a month... ever since it was announced it lost its timeslot. Granted, thats not 100% proof, but very rarely does something move to a new timeslot if it loses its timeslot.

A month, really ?!!! Didn't know that, why did it lose its time slot, bad ratings or what? I guess Beelzebub isn't that huge in Japan.
Mar 17, 2012 8:31 PM

Apr 2010
Zhou said:
RyanSaotome said:

A month, really ?!!! Didn't know that, why did it lose its time slot, bad ratings or what? I guess Beelzebub isn't that huge in Japan.

I dunno, but Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Bros.) took its place, and maybe they expect better ratings out of it than Beelzebub.

Mar 17, 2012 8:46 PM

May 2008
damn can't believe they are ending the anime here wonder if we will get a true adaptation of this arc maybe in 1-2 years when the manga more further!
Mar 17, 2012 9:36 PM

Oct 2011
Pretty sad, it's ending already. Even though the manga has been much better with pacing, gonna miss seeing the characters animated.
Mar 17, 2012 9:56 PM

Jun 2010
Wat? It's ending really! I kinda suspected it since the anime was catching up to the manga, but I never thought it would end here. One more episode. At least they provided us with that whole dragon bit. What a nice way to end things.

Mar 17, 2012 9:57 PM

May 2011
RyanSaotome said:
Zhou said:
RyanSaotome said:

I dunno, but Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Bros.) took its place, and maybe they expect better ratings out of it than Beelzebub.

maybe they planned to end around this time. they did confirm 50 + episodes at the start of the series. so after that was up in question. it was quite popular. it had the same ratings as bleach.
Mar 17, 2012 10:02 PM
Sep 2007
Dragon was animated like shit.

It was almost unmovable.
Mar 17, 2012 10:24 PM

Sep 2011
Good ridance, its about time this garbage thats supposed to be the anime adaption for beelzebub is ending. its been a bitter expirience watching them ruin my favorite manga and now it can finally end. heres hoping a competent studio like sunrise can get it for a reboot. beelzebub desrves it.
Mar 17, 2012 10:28 PM

Jan 2011
i'm just mad that we won't get to see Hilda's dere~dere side = =. although i'm a huge fan or murderous ladies (odd yes) but that was one side of a character i felt that we should've gotten to see.

also, we don't get to see the "FATHER SWITCH" so boo to that too.
oga once said,"PRESS THE FATHER SWITCH BELBO"

i just learned that this is ending next week here actually, that gave me a new outlook on this episode actually. i did enjoy the super croquette time though, just cause i like croquettes :). that aside, this episode was meh, very meh. to me only enjoyable part was Aoi's pervy demon, not the fight, just the fact that he's a pervy demon turned massive. and Hilda's little confrontation with oga. i enjoy little hints of "never gonna happen" romance.

this has little do with the episode but, if a dragon that size ate hilda, i doubt he'll get any nutrients from her, unless it's something like " he/she eats her demon powers or soemthin" . it's like eating a grain of rice, singel rain of rice. you barely know you ate it = =.

Thatguy31 said:
Good ridance, its about time this garbage thats supposed to be the anime adaption for beelzebub is ending. its been a bitter expirience watching them ruin my favorite manga and now it can finally end. heres hoping a competent studio like sunrise can get it for a reboot. beelzebub desrves it.

i hope your trolling, because if otherwise, your just stupid. here's what people do when they really don't like how a anime is turning out, they don't watch it.
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Mar 17, 2012 11:08 PM

Mar 2011
Wheres Oga? lool btw next ep is the finale :o awwww
Mar 17, 2012 11:26 PM

Nov 2010
Final ep (since next is just a filler) ='( probs wont get a second season, though i am surprised this did last this long. Loved the manga and anime but its to hard to recommend it when the first impression you get is a naked baby throughout the whole thing.....
QueueQMar 17, 2012 11:29 PM
Mar 17, 2012 11:27 PM

Sep 2011
hellsascendant said:

Thatguy31 said:

i hope your trolling, because if otherwise, your just stupid. here's what people do when they really don't like how a anime is turning out, they don't watch it.

Maybe I am trolling, but all in all I'm dead fucking serious. I even have a review of this shit. the only reason I watched it was so that I can be aware if it ever got better. it didn't therefore I know for a fact that this anime is, and will end, and complete shit that needs to be redone.

problem? too bad.
Mar 18, 2012 12:17 AM

Dec 2010
Boss episode; it was good action all around; tho the part with the rest of the group obviously wasn't as good as Oga's fight; tho Aoi's fight wasn't bad i guess; It seems that the manga version is way better, but from one who hasn't read it (well not to that point, gotta catch up XD) it didn't seem that bad; tho i gotta say its a shame that its ending, the manga is still going on on; so if they wanted a break that bad they could always split it and make a season 2 but this original ending seems to throw that out the window.
Mar 18, 2012 12:22 AM

Nov 2010
This episode really made up for all the shitty fillers recently.
Mar 18, 2012 12:29 AM

Apr 2009
LoL Dragon was like flying statue. Too bad anime'll end next week. They'll finish it with filler and it gonna be sux.
Mar 18, 2012 12:40 AM

Apr 2011
One episode to go and the series will end !

i am disappointed with Beelzebub , first i gave it 10 now i am planning to give 6-8 .
TrOjAnHoRsEMar 18, 2012 3:33 AM
Mar 18, 2012 12:57 AM

Dec 2009
Maddo_scientisto said:

Really!? Damn it! Then it really does fuck up a chance for a 2nd season.
I completely agree with you, why do the Japanese have to fuck up an anime, and crash their chance to wait for a 2nd season...

What, does it mean that Beelzebub isn't good enough, so they'll just filler end it. And not continue?
I seriously don't get, and will never understand how Japan thinks...
Mar 18, 2012 1:00 AM

Dec 2009
Meh! Might as well get back to track on where the anime left off on the manga, and read the manga! x3

I wonder if they'll ever put a lot of romance on Beelzebub, for Oga & Aoi...
probably not... like most action, shounen manga...
Mar 18, 2012 1:10 AM

Jan 2011
Not having read the manga yet, I'm not aware of just how they screwed up this arc, but given that it will probably be a year or two before there is enough material for a full second season I have no doubt they could find a way to incorporate some of the missing material if it is really important.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 18, 2012 2:26 AM
Jun 2011
I really thought this was going to keep going, but now I find it's ending next episode..
I just know It's going to be a rush ending :(
Mar 18, 2012 3:16 AM

Feb 2011
Wtf it looks like the staff was stripped off their budget and were forced to end the series, with extremely minimal resources...rofl

I mean, I didn't expect much from a filler ending but they could've atleast kept up the quality and not make an nearly animation-less episode...and the only filler part that wasn't completely half-assed was, ironically, Aoi's rear shot.

The whole anime-suddenly-ending-in-episode-60 thing makes me wonder - since when did the anime staff themselves were aware of it? Since I've had the impression that they had plans for a longer running series once they started blasting us with fillers.
If they already knew that they were going to wrap it up so soon then I would have preferred seeing more canon plot being animated properly or just them sticking with fillers until the end, instead. But nope, it seems like we got the short end of the stick and ended up with the most fucked up case scenario.

Yeah, I mad. Very mad.
Mar 18, 2012 3:39 AM
Nov 2011
Filler end :(
At least Oga destroyed the school again.

Time to read the manga
Mar 18, 2012 3:41 AM

May 2009
Shitty alternate ending 'cuz the fillers. -_-
Plus the censorship and the low budget animation ruined the whole show.

Read the manga folks. That is still great.
Mar 18, 2012 3:41 AM
Nov 2010
Wow, that surprised me, I didn't think it'd end after the fillers and the start of a normal story...
Mar 18, 2012 5:54 AM

Dec 2011
This is a really rushed ending, i was in shock when i saw how different that episode was in comparison to the manga, and when Oga says "It's finally the last episode Beru Bo!" made me almost pass out.

I didn't really see this coming, considering the manga is so good and that the only real issue was the amount of filler they used to prevent catching up to the manga.

It is one of my favorite anime too. Such a shame it has to end.

I'm guessing this wouldn't have happened if they waited till now to start the anime, that way they wouldn't have been so close to catching up to it.
Mar 18, 2012 5:57 AM

Sep 2011
Crouchez said:
The whole anime-suddenly-ending-in-episode-60 thing makes me wonder - since when did the anime staff themselves were aware of it? Since I've had the impression that they had plans for a longer running series once they started blasting us with fillers.
If they already knew that they were going to wrap it up so soon then I would have preferred seeing more canon plot being animated properly or just them sticking with fillers until the end, instead. But nope, it seems like we got the short end of the stick and ended up with the most fucked up case scenario.

Yeah, I mad. Very mad.

Yeah this is the only thing that makes sense! Otherwise they really should have fleshed this arc out and finished it porperly instead of fillers so close to the end of the show. Really disappointing stuff as i was thoroughly enjoying the show. Guess its time to start the manga (good thing everyone says its far better anyway!)
Mar 18, 2012 8:03 AM

Sep 2011
Why the rush, we're back to the main plot, yet everything is going fast, not following the manga, and the drawing sucks ...Oh and it's ending next week.. it's just not fair..

but i'm finding this really fascinating :D

i'm so disappointed ...
Mar 18, 2012 8:05 AM

Oct 2011
I hate when they end anime with a fake end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2012 10:00 AM

Oct 2010
Darkness-man said:
It was getting interesting, and they fucked it. I'm very disappointed. D:

Yep they really fucked it up. They should do what Nurarihyon does. Show one arc per year with no fillers.
Mar 18, 2012 10:42 AM

Jul 2010
I'm going to miss my daily dose of naked baby-ness. :( I don't read the manga so I can't comment on the ending and the differences. I am a bit happy and sad to see this end.

I am happy that it had its run and it's not going to be dragged out for 100+ more episodes, which is what seems to kill the popular shounen shows. They just don't know when to stop. Saddened, overall, to see it end. I enjoyed getting to know all these characters and the antics of Beel and Oga. I shall miss Beel's "Daa~bu's" the most. He is so freaking adorable. @__@

One more to go, then I'll take a look at the show that took its time slot. Perhaps it will be something worth watching.
Mar 18, 2012 10:59 AM

Aug 2011
things are getting interesting but next week is the final episode??
i really cant accept this
time to start read the manga

iSignature

"I specialize in reading manga but don't get how to draw manga at all" -Asaba Yuuki-
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beelzebub Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Showers - Mar 5, 2011

91 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Beelzebub Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

greenmush - Feb 25, 2011

112 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Beelzebub Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Iilia - Feb 19, 2011

120 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Beelzebub Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

iWishTifaWasReal - Feb 12, 2011

100 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Beelzebub Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tensainobaka - Feb 5, 2011

81 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 12:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.