Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2008 4:18 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh.

It was good enough. Wanted something else not this plot-twist nonsense lol. You know with healers/mages/warriors stuff like that. Oh well I'll find one later.
Jan 10, 2009 9:45 AM

Dec 2008
I thought that was a very unsatisfying ending; so much was not resolved. What about the alien race that was attacking humans before they were put in this matrix? What the hell is Pacifica now? Why did she and Forcis come back to life? Did others come back to life? What about Zefi?

It just felt like they bit off more than they could chew with the story. I'm not sure how they could have convincingly finished it, but just cutting it off by "freeing" humanity by opening the ceiling of the sky didn't feel like an ending to me.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Aug 4, 2009 8:02 PM

Jan 2009
it was ok... i wanted more, like more about their pasts and stuff and then the aftermath was like rushed and you got nothing of the end story. you could total see the ending coming from like a mile away and so that was kind of annoying. the final battle sens were cool when they went out into space and stuff. but still they needed more stuff about their past! and maybe more on what happens next. but if they added that then it would be to long and it would lose points for that. but i loved the watching it anyway.
Aug 9, 2009 12:12 AM

Feb 2008
Silverhammer said:
What about Zefi?
she was in the ending, helping out at the weapon shop (or w/e it was).

so why wouldn't the aliens just come back and seal them in again? and what about the 3 mechas they built? now that they know how the road to space should be fairly short, after they use them to conquer the world that is. wouldn't Pacifica be hunted still by religious zealots unhappy with the new order and raised up as the Messiah by religious zealots that saw her as the emissary of the new age? there's no way she'd be allowed to lead a quiet life in the country ever again.
Nov 9, 2009 11:17 AM

Feb 2009
Well I can't say I didn't like the series pretty enjoyable although it would have been much better if they added a few more episodes in which they would talk about the human past / the war between the humans and the aliens (why it started in the first place considering that there were no direct attacks of the humans and if the aliens were that evil why would they just seal them off instead of killing them?) and also what about now?
So they managed to break out and?What's stopping the aliens from coming back and sealing them again and/or were/are there any humans left outside the sealed world?
Nov 16, 2009 8:54 AM

Feb 2008
Kinda satisfied with the ending. Lots of thing could have been tied up but they weren't necessary. In the end, all that matters to them was they became free birds and were set free from the bird cage.

Kinda lol at Zefi in her new outfit.
Nov 18, 2009 8:48 AM

Jul 2008
Ending was OK but peaceful life looks very boring ^^ I expecting something like El Cazador's ending where heroines return to bounty hunting busines ^_^

And Zefiris was pretty interesting in new role but with old voice but she... errr... She not kawaii anymore... T_T

Silverhammer said:
What about Zefi?

What about Natali You mean? ^^'

Mod edit: Removed double post
NayahNov 19, 2009 3:20 AM
Nov 24, 2009 9:24 PM

Sep 2009
I also think it would have been interesting to hear more about the past. Based off of what they eluded to throughout this series I think they could easily make a prequel series of another 24 episodes. Action, drama, romance, adventure... Anyone know if the novel goes into greater detail?

As for the future, I think it could be interesting as well but I think the past has more story possiblities.

As for the aliens returning, the human race had been locked away for 5000 years in the medieval era so I would imagine that it would take a while for the aliens to take notice of them again.
Nov 25, 2009 12:00 AM

Jul 2008
LostGamer said:
As for the future, I think it could be interesting as well

I think the future will copy current human histort ^^ First of all without Peacemakers they start war ^^ And it will be future full of wars for new territories ^^
Dec 26, 2009 5:30 PM
Dec 2009
Nobody saw the series as a pretty pretty good saga on politics and a sophisticated discussion on what's the "right thing to do" ?
Dec 27, 2009 2:46 AM

Sep 2009
freecat said:
Nobody saw the series as a pretty pretty good saga on politics and a sophisticated discussion on what's the "right thing to do" ?

Sure that aspect was there and it was presented well but not many (including myself) focus their attention on that aspect. Many anime or other shows for that matter have some underlying theme and if the anime is good, as this one is, it conveys that message while still entertaining.
Dec 28, 2009 2:17 PM
Dec 2009
I see. Well the visual part was good, the characters are beautiful, and the animation is good too(though it's not 'expensive' animantion), but I thought all that was secondary and a means to tell a story...
Feb 13, 2010 2:25 PM

Sep 2009
LostGamer said:
Sure that aspect was there and it was presented well but not many (including myself) focus their attention on that aspect. Many anime or other shows for that matter have some underlying theme and if the anime is good, as this one is, it conveys that message while still entertaining.

After watching The Sky Crawlers I must say that my opinion on this has changed somewhat. While there did seem to be an underlying message in the Scrapped Princess I don't think it was the primary focus of the creator, but I could be wrong. If it was the focus then it was somewhat diluted in the entertainment factor, at least for me.

I still hope that someday there will be a prequel to this series.

Here is to hoping.
Oct 22, 2010 3:22 PM

Dec 2008
I didn't mind the ending...I'm very glad Pacifica was alive at series end...

Though I don't get how. How can a virtual reality world heal a sword wound? Fuck, how did Forsythe live despite not going where Pacifica was?
May 2, 2012 4:22 PM

Feb 2012
i liked the ending, but the series as a whole was kinda average.

7/10.
Jun 20, 2012 7:58 PM

Nov 2011
Lul, priceless ending. Anyways, this series was alright.
Nov 24, 2012 10:55 AM
Dec 2010
Anime itslef was very good and enjoyable (8/10) only that ending felt bit simple. I felt that there were missing e something like re-discovering old places and knowledges that were long forgotten which would lead to advanced technological development and mixture of sci-fi and medi-evil age themes. Or meeting with humans or allies from outside of sealed world. Unfortunately because of how it ended, concept of so highly advanced technologies that were understood as magic by simple people was wasted by ending suited for usual fantasy concept even though this story was supposed to be in fact sci-fi.
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Feb 4, 2013 1:19 AM
Feb 2012
I enjoyed this series a lot, though it dragged a bit in the middle once they got to the capital. Overall, I thought this ending was just right for the type of material. I don't think all shows should go for the uber epic answer everything big bang, resolve all people's storylines. It's about the story of the Scrapped Princess and her journey with friends. Taken as that, it worked for me. My only guess as to why she and her brother were able to survive is that their blood was mixed and captured by the system (the lines of energy in the temple) and they were re-constituted from that information. No one who died outside of that link were brought back.

Anyways, the story has some similarities to Fred Saberhagen's Empire of the East series. Fantasy stories set in a SF universe where medieval people discover that tech had been transformed into magic by what they thought was a God that was actually a computer and demons were nuclear weapons. Good books, check them out.

In terms of questions about the alien race, Celia answered that partly. They weren't at war with the aliens (or at least it wasn't the aliens that started it), it was humans themselves that was causing the destruction. So the prison is kind of like a holding cell for wild animals who would hurt themselves. Hehe. The aliens believed humans to be an endangered species. The Peacemakers were AI's of human origin, so they developed human emotions--unfortunately they only seemed to pick up the bad ones.

The weakest part for me was the amnesia arc, I'd rather they had set it up so she fell in love with the assassin guy naturally, instead of forcing the setup. They had to do it, because she would have spent the whole time looking for her friends and not relaxing, I just wish it had been done more naturally rather than a contrived amnesia thing.
Feb 4, 2013 1:43 AM
Feb 2012
autisticanime said:
I didn't mind the ending...I'm very glad Pacifica was alive at series end...

Though I don't get how. How can a virtual reality world heal a sword wound? Fuck, how did Forsythe live despite not going where Pacifica was?

I think it was because their blood mixed and started the initiation sequence that released all the locks in the system. Perhaps some nano-tech type disassembly that took her original body apart. When she was rebuilt by the system, his repair was a bonus since he was in the temple and connected by blood to the circuits. But ya, having him be healed too like that is a big stretch.

It's hinted that the whole world they are in has embedded tech (when they use magic, you can see the circuit lines) and mages are just locally over-riding the various protocols that actually run the world behind the scenes. It's like a giant Holodeck the size of a continent.

Personally, I think it would have been funny if Pacifica couldn't fully come back as a human after the transformation and had stayed around as the new Goddess after Mauser leaves. Popping in to tease her friends like a ghost. She'd still be alive, but as a human sentience in the world helping people out. A sequel could be set in ages past when humans only remember her as a Goddess, who died and came back to life absolving them from all their sins.
May 31, 2013 8:43 AM

Nov 2009
Great show with a nice ending, Gonna give it an 8/10 probably would've given a nine but there were some filler-ish episodes that I wasn't too keen on like the Elfatine part.
Oct 26, 2013 11:48 PM
Aug 2012
this anime i gave a 6 i really wanted to give it a 9 or 8 but the story was a mess i told my self it will get better but was a let down it had get potential but bad execution B class anime having a class potential sad :(
Feb 12, 2014 1:08 AM
Sep 2012
I just want to know if Pacifica remembered Fulle at the end. It was hinted at, but it could have been taken more than one way. Gosh dang it! If her injuries and her brothers injuries can completely heal then why couldn't Fulle be brought back to life....... huh.... excuse me while I go write fan fiction.
Jun 28, 2014 2:31 AM
Mar 2013
Pretty happy ending. I prefer it this way, on a more personal scale, rather than a huge ALIEN INVASION or teh Ultimate Answer sort of thing.

>.> So Fulle is just lost in the land of filler.

I found this anime pretty enjoyable as a whole, though wanted a bit more character development. It certainly didn't turn out how I expected it to he from the start! Once I got used to the shift from magic/swords classic fantasy action to pure mecha, it was good.
6/10
Jul 13, 2014 11:26 PM

Jul 2014
I cannot believe there is no mention of Cin/Cz. what happened to her in the end, really?
Jul 27, 2014 1:07 PM

Nov 2011
freecat said:

I did.

Lipvinnor said:
I cannot believe there is no mention of Cin/Cz. what happened to her in the end, really?

She died. It was clearly shown in the episode.

- - - - - - - - - -

Like others, I have mixed feelings concerning the ending. Of course, there's questions like how did Pacifica (or the Prince for that matter) heal, which could be explained although the show doesn't attempt to. There's also the matter concerning the alien race and what really happened, or for that matter what will happen going forward. Has humanity learned its lesson (supposing it was wrong in the first place)?

Somehow, leaving it at simply freeing humanity feels like a great deal of potential was left untapped. This series certainly could have spawned a number of expansions, both in the form of a prequel and in the form of numerous sequels. Given that it was made over a decade ago now, though, it seems quite unlikely to happen.

Ahh. It was a good show, but I'm sad to see it end here. I'd like to imagine that someday we'll see more. Perhaps Pacifica herself will be a legend by then, in the world growing again ever so slowly.
Jul 28, 2014 10:58 AM

Jul 2014
that she ended up dead is obvious. but why exactly did she stop her peer, and why did she allow shannon to kill her?
Sep 12, 2014 12:32 AM

Nov 2011
Kaeis said:
that she ended up dead is obvious. but why exactly did she stop her peer, and why did she allow shannon to kill her?

I would suppose that the Cin side of her won out in the end.
Jun 10, 2015 7:30 AM

Feb 2013
Lol wow, that tiny piece of land floating in space was what they were living on? That's crazy, there's gonna be so much for them to explore @_@.

This was a decent enough final episode though, lots of questions were left unanswered and some questionable things happened, but overall I'm glad Pacifica and mostly everyone else got a happy ending.

However, I was a little annoyed that they just killed Cz off like that, it just seemed like such a waste. She was honestly my favorite character, so I was really hoping they would do more with her :/. I mean all those scenes where she was following Shannon around, it showed she still cared about him in some way. She also was shown to disagree with killing so many humans, showing sympathy towards them, heck she even questioned killing Pacifica at one point. I was so sure they were gonna have her switch sides and join team Pacifica, but sadly that wasn't the case :<.

But yeah, this series was pretty good. It had its ups and downs, got a little slow at times with some rather fillerish feeling episodes, overall though it was still enjoyable. It would be nice if they made some kinda prequel to explain in more detail about the war 5000 years ago, but sadly that doesn't seem very likely to happen at this point. Who knows though, maybe someday we'll get some kinda continuation or prequel to this series, Id happily watch it if we did.

7/10.
Aug 16, 2015 9:51 PM
Apr 2014
Would have respected series more if they left Pacifica dead, or at least the prince. There was no reason for her to be resurrected. Like many others have said too, what stops the aliens from coming back and resealing up the humans? I suppose they have a whole universe to get through so why would you go back to something you considered resolved, probably though humans would never break out? IDK i shouldn't have to write out plot holes :P that being said, series was still overall enjoyable, ending was bit of a cop out and should have dared to be different enough to make ending bitter sweet with Pacifica freeing the humans from entrapment paying her life to do so.
Oct 6, 2015 2:03 PM
Dec 2014
jacobpaige said:
Silverhammer said:
What about Zefi?
she was in the ending, helping out at the weapon shop (or w/e it was).

so why wouldn&#039;t the aliens just come back and seal them in again? and what about the 3 mechas they built? now that they know how the road to space should be fairly short, after they use them to conquer the world that is. wouldn&#039;t Pacifica be hunted still by religious zealots unhappy with the new order and raised up as the Messiah by religious zealots that saw her as the emissary of the new age? there&#039;s no way she&#039;d be allowed to lead a quiet life in the country ever again.

It has been 5 millenia. The aliens who sealed humanity might not even be around anymore.
Sep 19, 2016 6:14 AM

Jul 2008
So they were on a piece of Earth pulled out from the planet? That was full of Matrix WTF.

With that ending, I dropped this from a 7 to a 6, not for all the world revelations and stuff...no it's for that BITCH Pacifica slapping Leo like that for asking her to marry him. Of all the bitch moves she pulled that was by far the worst. Ugh I almost wanted for Leo to slap her back, but he's too good of a guy.

You're too good for her Leo, let her go.
Oct 15, 2016 1:57 AM
Oct 2015
2 things:

First is: WHAT THE FUCK

What you get when you mix Gurren Lagann, Evangelion, Madoka, JoJo, Hitsugi no Chaika, Fire Emblem, Age of Empires, My Super Sweet 16 and drugs, a lot of drugs?
Scrapped Princess

Second is: Nice show, not the best but 7/10 would watch again.

Zefiris best grill
Sep 12, 2017 4:37 AM

Jun 2016
What an awful ending. Might as well of been a time reset, the prince is all patched up and stuff too. And all because she hadn't turned 16 yet but almost did she was able to choose what would happen. Perfect lazy way to end a ridiculously lazy story.
I get Pacifica was basically choosing blissful determinism or risky free will, but jesus man, it's as she says "a world anime without choice is just wrong". As in don't use a stupid genes plot device to make the plot move brainlessly, and don't use them / supernatural powers to brainwash the individual choice out of people so brashly you may as well have a bunch of robots.
And it ends with Leo friendzoned forever! And just to add it in here, the cast in this was irredeemably overpowered, and the combat was some of the most boring I've ever seen.

I like the characters, they are really really fun and their interactions are always great, but this was prime example on how to ruin an anime's plot with lazy writing. Lazy is written all over this, well at least in most plot defining moments. The parts around those were generally fun, or at the worst excusable, and the characters felt real and so did their relationships with each other(even if they inevitably were predetermined). I really wish the themes, which were well executed in the beginning followed through, but sadly they did not. We got flaunted creamy good thought provoking themes portrayed through a fun fantasy adventure, and only ever got teased with them after their introductions. Really early threads I had write ups on how fascinating and well done they were, Doyle as a character is still fresh in my mind as one of my favorites because of them, but the themes were hardly explored and certainty didn't ended with satisfying conclusions or messages. If we had more care for those this might be a different story.

If this anime was longer, and didn't use the lazy writing elements I've already mentioned, Scrapped Princess could be really good.
Sadly with how it is, Scrapped Princess is a 5/10.
gfsdfgsdgsdfgsSep 12, 2017 4:50 AM
Jan 11, 2018 5:56 PM

Nov 2011
I started watching this around ten years ago. I almost forgot to finish it. Now having resumed watching it, it just feels so nostalgic that I can't give it a bad score. Damn nostalgia.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Sep 9, 2018 9:31 PM

Jul 2014
Happy peaceful ending, quite satisfying to be honest. Although it was a bit weird to see them coming back to live, peacemakers did never show any God level black magic fuckery before; I guess it was something the author just wanted to happen.

I was expecting to see a bit more about the alien race, they didn't show up at any point of the anime and they didn't even represent how they looked lol. Anyways, it wasn't relevant to the plot.
Jan 14, 2019 7:08 PM

Feb 2013
YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT

There were times where I started losing interest, but this show was like a roller coaster, things never stopped changing up. I think an extra 20 episodes of world-building and character development could've made this a masterpiece, along with reworking the themes (which is basically cynic justice vs optimistic justice). The lore was interesting and a bit surprising, and I get what it was going for purpose-wise, but the execution wasn't that good. I wish they did more with Raquel, focused a bit too much on Shannon. I also would've liked more Chris too. Also very cruel to Mr. Fulle, he was just helping out! They should've gave him more scenes at least before killing him off.

fedaykin said:
What about the alien race that was attacking humans before they were put in this matrix?

jacobpaige said:
so why wouldn't the aliens just come back and seal them in again?

Mauser was basically serving as the representative of the aliens, so the species was likely reconsidering the whole containment of humanity, and decided to allow them freedom.
freecat said:

Honestly that was my biggest problem with it. The aliens contained humanity to protect it from destroying itself with advanced technology etc, but Mauser was strangely convinced it was the thoughtful and just action to make, when their reset policy kills the majority of the human race over and over again, which is a pretty enormous genocide and a huge cost to save potential self-destruction. And it's not like the humans aren't still killing eachother and going to war. The lore was interesting for the most part, but Mauser should've seen the containment as a personal decision rather than a merciful one.
xTrainerJx said:
What you get when you mix Gurren Lagann, Evangelion, Madoka, JoJo, Hitsugi no Chaika, Fire Emblem, Age of Empires, My Super Sweet 16 and drugs, a lot of drugs?
Scrapped Princess

I know! This show was consistently strange in subtle ways, more and more so as it went along, like strange changes to pace (like that memory loss x love-triangle arc).
ernst said:
I started watching this around ten years ago. I almost forgot to finish it. Now having resumed watching it, it just feels so nostalgic that I can't give it a bad score. Damn nostalgia.

Same kinda, I started six years ago and finally got back to it.
BlokeTokesJan 14, 2019 7:15 PM
Mar 19, 2019 3:36 PM

Jul 2014
I would liked it more if Pacifica stayed dead - or more precisely - as the new "god" of this world.

I would also like to know more about the war between humans and the aliens. Was it some Gubuster-like thing, that human race was considered a disease or something completely different?

And why didn't Cz/Cin change the sides? It was hinted so many times that she would do so...
Feb 5, 2021 7:26 PM

Jan 2019
I decided to rewatch this show and it was overall fun, still the giant mecha/dragoon/wahtever battle felt forced and kind ruin it for me. It was neither the design of the giant weapons, nor the battle animations that I dislike, in fact that is fine for an old show like this.

But what in my opinion suck about it is how this peacemakers that are supposed to be super advanced machines with the power of a freaking god, weapons that were able to subjugate human race act so stupid and get literally one shoted in all the battles like nothing.

I can understand the first one 'cause it was clearly a way to show how powerful the dragoon weapon was. Heck even the second peacemaker (blond lady) geting killed easily for some random secondary character was fine for the plot.

However the final battle felt so rushed and forced that the show would had been better without it to be honest. Even worse is the fact that the 3rd peacemaker makes exactly the same mistakes as the 2nd one and gets destroyed in the exactly same way...

Don't get me wrong, I know that usually we need shut down our brains when watching a fantasy show 'cause logic does not apply most of the time, but the problem in this case is that the show makes an effort in telling you several times that this peacemakers betrayal is the main reason of humanity downfall, so seeing the weapons that defeated the dragons and humanity as a whole act so stupid is kind of annoying lol... Aside from that the show is fine tho.
Feb 19, 2021 3:09 PM
May 2018
WolfWood37 said:
So they were on a piece of Earth pulled out from the planet? That was full of Matrix WTF.

With that ending, I dropped this from a 7 to a 6, not for all the world revelations and stuff...no it's for that BITCH Pacifica slapping Leo like that for asking her to marry him. Of all the bitch moves she pulled that was by far the worst. Ugh I almost wanted for Leo to slap her back, but he's too good of a guy.

I’m glad that punk got slapped. Leo was such a lame and literally did nothing the entire show. I could argue he was the one person more useless than Pacifica. Lame ass character.
Jun 20, 2021 4:41 PM
Jul 2014
TheKing528 said:
WolfWood37 said:

I’m glad that punk got slapped. Leo was such a lame and literally did nothing the entire show. I could argue he was the one person more useless than Pacifica. Lame ass character.

How the hell do you even went through the entire series with such a perspective?
THE ENTIRE POINT of his character is that he is a weak barely 16yo dude who was raised as part of a social elite, basically educated to be a loyal and unthinking soldier but, thanks to meeting Pacifica and friends, he was able to start trying to find his own path.

In practice none of the secondary human characters ever mattered (apart from Chris, as they provided the help needed to escape in the last episodes). They weren't there to fight or give an essential support for the plot to happen.

They were there as PEOPLE being friends to the main cast (or specifically, Pacifica). The entire show was about their interactions and evolution.
Aug 16, 2021 9:56 AM

Dec 2018
really cool but poorly explained idea with sloppy execution and characters with irritating personality traits. I really wanted to like it but the writing was pretty bad.
Nov 19, 2021 9:09 PM
Apr 2021
WolfWood37 said:

I totally agree, it doesn't matter if leo was a succesful knight or not, he clearly cared about her enough to risk everything for her, the way she responded was totally uncalled for.
Dec 15, 2021 7:51 PM
Dec 2018
Not a bad show but I hated Pacifica with a passion. Totally selfish, talking about wanting to die when everyone was fighting for her. Deciding to stay with Furet when she knew that people were struggling on her behalf, using her amnesia to turn her back on them. Horrible character. Should have left her dead.
Aug 24, 2022 9:55 PM
Sep 2013
So let's go to the review of this anime, but first I have to point out one thing that will base my comment further on, the anime is aimed at the shounen audience, that being said, let's go to my analysis.

The first episode of this anime was crucial to make me keep watching and motivated me to move on, the reason for this is that although we have a story turning between a female character we would have a romantic couple for her that would be her foster brother Shannon, during 15 episodes of the anime we saw how the characters' relationships are and we realized that between Pacifica and Shannon a certain attraction that goes beyond the sibling relationship, this is passed on to us several times but after episode 15 the author decided to introduce an element romantic for Pacifica, and how did he do it? Making a character copy Shannon and to give veracity to it he left Pacifica without memories, it is clear that Pacifica only feels something for Fulle because he was similar to her brother, nothing more, this approach was totally unconscious on her part, this made me feel a little hate for the plot that was being created because before that came several problems that outside the forced romance, impacted the plot, such as Pacifica's biological mother instead of knowing the name her adoptive parents gave to her, kept referring to her as the name that Fulle gave her, this is something to make anyone angry as the name is important to a person, as the queen herself puts it, and Pacifica's adoptive parents gave it that name for her because it had a meaning and the anime with that narrative put episode 15 completely destroyed it, that apart from the fact that Pacifica rejects her name in this moment of madness, and to complete all this when I was happy for Fu lle has simply died Pacifica's memory while she was out of memory, is erased when her memories come back, leading her instead to overcome and understand that she sympathized with Fulle because of her brother, led her to carry a piece of him with her, which is the bathroom sign.

Another bad point involving Romance is that at the end of the last episode, when Leo decides to confess to Pacifica one last time, and we were hoping she would dump him so the two of them can move on, seeing as Pacifica never showed. a romantic interest in Leo, she gives him a lid and the camera shows her blushing, saying that in the future something might happen, this pissing me off once again, as it was clear in 70%+ of the anime that Pacifica liked Shannon.

Now that the part that I mentioned above that this anime is aimed at the shounen audience comes in, why put the heroine liking 3 guys? (Shannon, Fullle and Leo), and clearly the character that is for the (male) audience to identify is Shannon.

I think another problem that the series has is the Peacemakers, I even understand the first one was easily eliminated, he had already fulfilled his role, causing chaos more than once and revealing that the Peacemakers existed but the other 3 were simply killed , without any depth, without any weight, Steyr who had all the background of someone who manipulated humans to do what she planned was simply killed, had no final sentence, she who could have been considered the final boss, had a death very fast, she even had a quarrel with Senes but that was all left aside, it was preferable that Socom had died in her place, since he was of lesser importance than the first Peacemaker, he was spared precisely to die the same in the end to her, with the same trick by the same secondary characters, and what about Cz, who looked like she was going to change sides and at least die trying to help Shannon beat the other Peacemaker, but the author or director of decided to kill her out of nowhere, in a very big rush, she didn't even have the redemption that was being built from the moment she started following Shannon.

Now in general I felt that the characters were left with their depths open, pacifica didn't necessarily evolve her personality, she remained a quarrelsome girl, but that's because of what I mentioned above about the romance part, Raquel was never developed in nothing but also not a bad character, her personality was like a mother, so she calmed the heart but never had a development in anything, apart from the part that Pacifica dies but it's something tiny, Shannon has a problem, although he is a very good character, I think his powers were nerfed, in fact the two Casull blood brothers never really showed their skills, Raquel only shined in defense, there were many moments where she could use a destructive ability and annihilate armies but never did , and Shannon seemed to have an incomparable sword skill but also never made use of it save and a few moments, not to mention the dragon power, which when it was incomplete defeated a Peacemaker but then even with full strength could only defeat Cz because she let .

All the other characters in the series have a good personality, but none of them were properly fleshed out, although in my opinion that wouldn't be a bad thing if the main characters had been fleshed out and their decisions followed correctly with what the series showed at the beginning in the case of pacifica.

I think to be fair, there were select characters that had some development, being Christopher who learned not to follow orders and think for himself, although his problem at the beginning of the anime was others but you can say it was remedied when he got a mother even if adoptive, Winia her depth is all focused on her love for Christopher and for his friendship with Pacifica, although these two points were a little forced, Elfitine that even though she seemed very little to me, she had the most coherent development seen that she blindly believed in a guy and then she went on to run her village alone, and it's only those characters that deserve some errata.

Now that I've commented on the worst of the series in my opinion I'll comment on the rest, honestly I didn't find the ending, apart from what I commented previously bad, about Pacifica and her brother Forsis being cured it's completely plausible that Celia cured them. before leaving, about the aliens not having decimated the human race or not coming back to lock them back in their cocoon, makes sense, seeing as Celia who was the one who kept it for as long as decided to free them soon the aliens must have understood and even so, it would take some time for humanity to be able to do everything it did 5000 years in the past, even having some devices from the past, I know it looks like I'm passing cloth but the anime never proposed to explain or show the aliens , this was never important, just to imagine that in the future there can be peace or war, they simply left it in the hands of humans to choose their future, and that would not compete with the history of Pacifica, since the her story ended there.

Quickly commenting on my favorite characters from the work.
Starting with the male first is Shannon, he is the main one and has a very good personality and lastly I would put Christopher, who during the entire anime even not being on Pacifica's side was doing what he thought was right and during this whole time even though I didn't know I was helping her, she's a good character.

The females I think there is no way in the first place is Swin, she was a very charismatic little girl, I don't necessarily feel very sad when she left but her personality was very good, secondly I put Zephiris to understand her side of the anime and she is even cute taking everything into consideration, she even blushes at the protagonist near the end when he finally decides to trust her because she first trusts him, then he responds with reciprocity, in third I put Raquel, who although I like her personality she didn't have any development as noted above, and fourth we have our protagonist Pacifica, who I don't hate but before my displeasure as I explained above her decisions were questionable and she hasn't matured.

For me the anime was constant from start to finish, it kept me entertained, with its episodes passing fast but nothing that made me jump out of my chair, it had its problems as I commented, so my rating from start to finish is 7/10 .

PT-BR

Então vamos lá para a review desse anime, mas antes tenho que pontuar uma coisa que vai dar base ao meu comentário mais para frente, o anime é voltado para o público shounen, dito isso vamos a minha análise.

O primeiro episodio desse anime foi crucial para me fazer continuar vendo e me motivou a seguir em frente, o motivo disso se deve que embora tenhamos uma historia girando entre uma personagem feminina nós teríamos um par romântico para ela que seria seu irmão de criação Shannon,durante 15 episódios do anime nos vimos como são as relações dos personagens e percebemos que entre Pacifica e Shannon a uma certa atração que ultrapassa ao relacionamento de irmãos, isso é passado para a gente várias vezes mas depois do episodio 15 o autor decidiu introduzir um elemento romântico para Pacifica,e como ele fez isso? Fazendo um personagem copia de Shannon e para dar veracidade a isso ele deixou a Pacifica sem memorias, fica nítido que a Pacifica só sente algo pelo Fulle porque ele era parecido com seu irmão, nada além disso, essa aproximação foi totalmente inconsciente da parte dela, isso me fez sentir um pouco de ódio do enredo que estava sendo criado porque de ante disso veio vários problemas que fora o romance forçado, impactaram na trama, como por exemplo a mãe biologia de Pacifica na vez de saber o nome que seus pais adotivos deram a ela, ficou referindo a ela como o nome que Fulle deu a ela,isso é uma coisa para deixar qualquer um irritado, pois o nome é importante para uma pessoa, como a própria rainha fala, e os pais adotivos de Pacifica deram esse nome para ela porque tinha um significado e o anime com essa narrativa pôs episodio 15 destruiu completamente, isso tirando o fato que Pacifica rejeita o nome dela nesse momento de loucura, e para completar tudo isso quando eu estava feliz por Fulle ter morrido simplesmente a memoria de Pacifica enquanto estava sem memória, é apagada quando suas memorias voltam, levando ela na vez de superar e entender que ela simpatizava com Fulle por causa de seu irmão, levou ela a carregar um pedaço dele consigo, que é a placa da casa de banho.

Outro ponto ruim envolvendo o Romance é que no final do último episódio, quando Leo decide se declarar para Pacifica por uma última vez, e nós estávamos esperando que ela desse um fora nele para que os dois possam seguir em frente, visto que Pacifica nunca mostrou um interesse romântico em Leo, ela dá um tampa nele e a câmera mostra ela corando, dizendo que no futuro algo pode rolar,isso deixando eu mais uma vez puto,pois ficou nítido em 70% + do anime que Pacifica gostava de Shannon.

Agora que entra a parte que eu comentei lá em cima que esse anime é voltada para o público shounen, porque colocar a heroína gostando de 3 caras? (Shannon,Fulle e Leo),sendo que claramente o personagem que é para o público(masculino) se identificar é o Shannon.

Acho que um outro problema que a serie tem são os Peacemaker,eu até entendo o primeiro ter sido eliminado fácil, ele já tinha cumprido seu papel, causando o caos mais de uma vez e revelando que existia os Peacemaker mas os outros 3 foram mortos simplesmente, sem nenhum aprofundamento, sem nenhum peso, Steyr que tinha todo o background de alguém que manipulavas os humanos a fazerem o que ela planejava foi morta simplesmente, não teve nenhuma frase final, ela que poderia ter sido considerada a boss final, teve uma morte muito rápida, ela tinha até uma rixa com a Senes mas isso tudo foi deixado de lado, era preferível que Socom tivesse morrido no lugar dela, visto que ele era em importância menor que o primeiro Peacemaker,ele foi poupado justamente para no final morrer igual a ela, com o mesmo truque pelos mesmos personagens secundários,e o que falar da Cz,que parecia que ia mudar de lado e no mínimo morrer tentando ajudar o Shannon a ganhar dos outros Peacemaker,mas o autor ou diretor decidiu matar ela do nada,em um rush muito grande,ela nem teve a redenção que estava sendo construída desde o momento que ela começa a seguir Shannon.

Agora em geral eu senti que os personagens ficaram com seus aprofundamentos abertos, pacifica não chegou a necessariamente evoluir sua personalidade, ela continuou uma garota briguenta, mas isso é em decorrência ao que eu citei a cima sobre a parte de romance, Raquel nunca foi desenvolvida em nada mas também não era um personagem ruim, sua personalidade era igual de uma mãe, então ela acalmava o coração mas nunca teve um desenvolvimento em nada, tirando a parte que Pacifica morre mas é algo ínfimo,Shannon tem um problema, embora ele seja um personagem muito bom,acho que seus poderes foram nerfados,na verdade os dois irmãos de sangue Casull nunca mostraram suas habilidades de fato,Raquel só brilhava na defesa,teve muitos momentos que ela poderia usar uma habilidade destrutiva e aniquilar exércitos mas nunca o fez,e Shannon parecia ter uma habilidade de espada incomparável mas também nunca fez uso da mesma salvo e alguns momentos,sem falar do poder de dragão,que quando estava incompleto derrotou um Peacemaker mas depois mesmo com a força plena só conseguiu derrotar a Cz porque ela deixou .

Todos os outros personagens da serie tem uma personalidade boa, mas nenhum foi aprofundado corretamente, embora na minha opinião isso não seria um coisa ruim se os principais tivessem sido aprofundados e suas decisões seguissem corretamente com o que a serie mostrou no inicio no caso de pacifica.

Acho que para ser justo, tiveram seletos personagens que tiveram algum desenvolvimento, sendo eles Christopher que aprendeu a não seguir ordens e pensar por si mesmo, embora o problema dele no inicio do anime fosse outros mas pode dizer que foi sanado quando ele ganha uma mãe mesmo que adotiva, Winia seu aprofundamento é todo voltado para seu amor pelo Christopher e pela sua amizade com Pacifica,embora tenha sido um pouco forçado esses dois pontos, Elfitine que pra mim mesmo ela tendo parecido muito pouco é que teve o desenvolvimento mais coerente visto que ela acreditava cegamente em um cara e depois ela passou a comandar sozinha o vilarejo dela, e são só esses personagens que merecem alguma errata.

Agora que eu comentei sobre o pior da serie na minha opinião vou comentar sobre o resto, sinceramente eu não achei o final, tirando o que eu comentei anteriormente ruim,sobre a Pacifica e seu irmão Forsis sendo curados é completamente plausível que Celia os tenha curado antes de ir embora, sobre os alienígenas não terem dizimado a raça humana ou não voltarem para prendê-los de novo em seu casulo, faz sentido, visto que Celia que era a que mantinha contanto decidiu libertá-los logo os alienígenas devem ter entendido e mesmo assim, demoraria algum tempo para a humanidade poder fazer tudo aquilo que ela fazia a 5000 anos no passado, mesmo tendo alguns aparatos do passado,eu sei que parece que eu esteja passando pano mas o anime nunca se propôs a explicar ou mostra os aliens,isso nunca foi importante, da sim só para imaginar que no futuro pode haver paz ou guerra, simplesmente deixaram nas mãos dos humanos escolherem seu futuro,e isso não competiria com a história de Pacifica, visto que a história dela acabou ai.

Comentando rapidamente sobre meus personagens preferidos da obra.
Começando pelos masculinos em primeiro lugar fica Shannon,ele é o principal e tem uma personalidade muito boa e por último colocaria Christopher, que durante o anime inteiro mesmo não estando do lado de Pacifica propriamente dito estava fazendo o que achava certo e durante esse tempo todo mesmo não sabendo estava ajudando ela,é um bom personagem.

Os femininos acho que não tem como em primeiro lugar fica Swin,era uma garotinha muito carismática,eu não necessariamente fique muito triste quando ela se foi mas sua personalidade era muito boa,em segundo eu coloca a Zephiris da para entender o lado dela o anime inteiro e ela é até fofa levando tudo em consideração,ela até cora pro protagonista perto do final quando ele decide finalmente confiar nela pois ela primeiramente confia nele,ai ele responde com a reciprocidade,em terceiro eu coloca a Raquel,que embora eu goste da personalidade ela não teve nenhum desenvolvimento como pontuei a cima, e em quarto temos a nossa protagonista Pacifica,a qual eu não odeio mas de ante do meu descontentamento que eu expliquei a cima suas decisões foram questionáveis e ela não teve um amadurecimento.

Pra mim o anime se manteu constante do início ao fim, ele me manteu entretido, com seus episódios passando rápido mas nada que me fizesse pular da cadeira, ele teve seus problemas como eu comentei, então minha nota do inicio ao fim é 7/10.
Nov 7, 2023 4:51 PM

Aug 2018
This was fairly good, though the final 2 minutes could have been better. Poor Zafir is their servant now.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 12 Discussion

Nande - Dec 21, 2007

10 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Mar 24, 1:46 AM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 16 Discussion

fedaykin - Jan 10, 2009

10 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 12:45 PM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 15 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 8, 2009

10 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 14 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 8, 2009

7 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 11:16 AM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 13 Discussion

fedaykin - Jan 9, 2009

10 by Alkimia »»
Mar 23, 2023 9:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.