Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Feb 28, 2012 6:33 PM

Oct 2010
GodlyKyon said:
Articman said:
Anyone wondering how Kenji Kido was at the controls of the Luekocytes?

The last we saw of him was in episode 10, right before Keido sprung his trap, releasing the Apocalypse Virus. I guess we now know how GHQ knew where to fire the Luekocyte at the end of episode 5. When Segai was inspired to try to turn Shu in episode 4. I wouldn't be suprised if he had the same thought concerning Kenji. It would explain more then a few things, if Kenji had turned traitor, becoming GHQ's spy within Funeral Parlour.

I have no idea why the hell did Gai even want him or almost anything about him. IDK, I doubt we will get an answer of any sort...
We can still assume Gai is just using him and approved of him to serve him. Guy is crazy enough so at most he is as insane as the ideas of Gai are thus he works for him.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 28, 2012 7:13 PM

Jul 2011

@silverfang I'm not totally sure how it works, however I have heard directors saying that they did not know how they were going to end the series while creating it. So, they could make a script for episode 1 then have the production team create it. Then make one for episode 2 and then have the team create it etc. So they could come up with the story one episode at a time. But that is a good point to bring up, however I think they can come up with the story one episode at a time instead of having a set plan for each episode. It's pointless to argue because unless someone inside tells us how it was made, we will never know.
EOTWFeb 29, 2012 5:15 AM
Feb 28, 2012 9:03 PM

Jan 2012
EOTW said:
@silverfang I'm not totally sure how it works, however I have heard directors saying that they did not know how they were going to end the series while creating it. So, they could make a script for episode 1 then have the production team create it. Then make one for episode 2 and then have the team create it etc. So they could come up with the story one episode at a time. But that is a good point to bring up, however I think they can come up with the story one episode at a time instead of having a set plan for each episode. It's pointless to argue because unless someone inside tells us how it was made, we will never know.

I can honestly say that when it comes to TV series, I'm not completely sure about the process (only the fact of how in general animation/movie production works), even though I would LOVE to know and see the process myself. So I agree that unless someone on the GC staff could tell us the process, I can't say much more than what I said before. I just wanted to say that I think that waiting until the previous episode to be finished to then start on the next, just sounds really weird to me and it would just make sense to have the story as a whole to then cut it into pieces. But maybe that's just how I would do it. But I'm not an expert, so it is possible that you may be right, who am I to deny that? And plus, this show isn't based off of a manga or video game, so they don't really have a reference or an ending that's already done.

Sorry, for the long-winded explanation, I'm just very passionate about the animation/movie industries.
Feb 28, 2012 9:12 PM

May 2008
Moderator Notice:
I removed a great deal of the flaming in this topic which amounted to "you're stupid for liking this" vs "you're stupid for not liking this". Please behave yourselves or bans will be issued. You're not even talking about the episode. Cheers.

I am a banana.
Feb 28, 2012 11:50 PM

Apr 2008
*salutes the moderating team* Thank you!
Feb 29, 2012 1:33 AM
Feb 2009
need new ep!!! now
Feb 29, 2012 8:10 AM

Feb 2012
Shu annoys the hell the out of me, but I can't stop watching...
Feb 29, 2012 11:43 AM

Aug 2008
Apparently Shu managed to survive without needing any medical attention after losing so much blood. Oh anime logic. :(

I also didn't like the fact that Arisa turned out to be such a clingy bitch. Argh I hate her now.
Feb 29, 2012 4:32 PM

Nov 2011
darkerealm said:
Apparently Shu managed to survive without needing any medical attention after losing so much blood. Oh anime logic. :(

I also didn't like the fact that Arisa turned out to be such a clingy bitch. Argh I hate her now.

It's been kicked around earilier in this thread. If Shu recieved prompt first aid, within minutes of injury, it is possible for him to survive the loss of his arm. Once the Bleeding is stopped, then Inori would have to treat for Shock and then prevent Infection. From the looks of it, Shu was laid-up for the 3 days following his injury. Shu's still pretty weak from his injury.

Arisa is not in a good place right now. The people she's working with are a couple of cans short of a 6-pack. Sounding and acting like fanatics. She's killed her Grandfather. Now, she's seen Inori turn into a monster that sliced and diced a bunch of Endlaves. I don't hate her, rather I pity her. She was a much better character before this last Arc.

Hopefully, she'll have a chance at redeempt before it's all said and done.
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Mar 1, 2012 4:09 AM
Sep 2011
I would seriously lol, if Gai was doing this to make the world hate him, then Shu the hero for killing him.
Mar 1, 2012 5:36 AM

Jun 2008
HariTop said:
I would seriously lol, if Gai was doing this to make the world hate him, then Shu the hero for killing him.
Highly doubt it. The `villains` did clone him or revived him or whatever crazy left-unexplained reason they have.

Though it would be hilarious if he somehow overcame their control and decide to be a martyr instead.
Articman said:
It's been kicked around earilier in this thread. If Shu recieved prompt first aid, within minutes of injury, it is possible for him to survive the loss of his arm. Once the Bleeding is stopped, then Inori would have to treat for Shock and then prevent Infection. From the looks of it, Shu was laid-up for the 3 days following his injury. Shu's still pretty weak from his injury.

Arisa is not in a good place right now. The people she's working with are a couple of cans short of a 6-pack. Sounding and acting like fanatics. She's killed her Grandfather. Now, she's seen Inori turn into a monster that sliced and diced a bunch of Endlaves. I don't hate her, rather I pity her. She was a much better character before this last Arc.

Hopefully, she'll have a chance at redeempt before it's all said and done.
That`s assuming Inori had these safety procedure skills which is doubtful.

And it looks like they`re just creating a terrible image of Arisa so she can be killed off in the next few episodes.
TachiiMar 1, 2012 5:40 AM
Mar 2, 2012 4:35 AM

Mar 2010
Am I the only person who think this anime is flipping out of it's track?
Mar 3, 2012 3:43 AM

Jan 2011
Did not expect that from Inori.
Mar 4, 2012 2:14 AM

Aug 2010
FUCKING SHIT!!

I think I shouted this like 3 times this episode. What's more interesting is that I'm actually getting dragged back in the show after two disappointing episodes.
HariTop said:
I think the anime is headed that way...
Mar 4, 2012 2:44 AM
Dec 2007
koleare said:
FUCKING SHIT!!

I think I shouted this like 3 times this episode. What's more interesting is that I'm actually getting dragged back in the show after two disappointing episodes.
HariTop said:
I don't think Gai even showed a hint of regret or selfless heroism in any of his scenes. If anything his whole character is painted around his Mana obsession (he created his little band of rebels to get Mana, kept Inori on his side to get Mana and now put the whole world against him for Mana. It's basically Lelouch's character, but without the selfless "cleansing the world of war for my sister" side.

Mar 4, 2012 5:05 AM

Aug 2010
Leon-Gun said:
koleare said:
FUCKING SHIT!!

HariTop said:
I don't think Gai even showed a hint of regret or selfless heroism in any of his scenes. If anything his whole character is painted around his Mana obsession (he created his little band of rebels to get Mana, kept Inori on his side to get Mana and now put the whole world against him for Mana. It's basically Lelouch's character, but without the selfless "cleansing the world of war for my sister" side.
Of course he wants to get back Mana and all. I think there's more behind his character than what's seen though. For all I know, we might be surprised by what will be happening in the last two episodes... or not, since the scripting is a tad awful, but who knows? I don't think it's wishful thinking the fact that at least the ending will be original.
Mar 4, 2012 9:07 AM

May 2010
HariTop said:

. . .
Mar 5, 2012 1:51 AM

Apr 2011
Why The Fuck gai turn out like this... I don't understand...
Mar 6, 2012 2:28 PM

Aug 2011
Crazy Inori scene was pure cringe.
Mar 7, 2012 4:07 PM

Sep 2008
Funny how every character is becoming corrupt in one way or another. Suddenly Shu doesn't look so bad compared to other chars. Looks like Shu has finally decided to be a proper good guy at the end of this episode. At least that's what it looked like.

Inori in her ugly form was pretty ugly. Not that I care, since I don't like her anyway. But considering all she had going for her were her looks, I'm sure her fanboys are devastated.
Mar 9, 2012 12:20 AM

Sep 2009
Trololololololololol

Love it.
Mar 10, 2012 12:45 AM

Feb 2010
they see me trolin', they hatin'...
Mar 10, 2012 9:33 PM

May 2011
Inori going berserk, nice! I like it. She looks good even in that form. Was cool to see Inori and Shu's relationship deepening this episode even if its just a bit. It as also refreshing to see Inori take charge. Hmm Shu looks really determined at the end, I am liking where this is going.

Gai sure has changed, still wondering what his plans are beside it involving Mana I guess. Arisa has become a bitch, disappointing to see how much she's changed.
Mar 11, 2012 12:39 AM
Mar 2012
I wonder how they managed to bring Gai back to life since he practically disintegrate into nothing.What is Gai objective?
Mar 11, 2012 1:13 AM

Sep 2008
Episode in 3 sentences:

Gai = new sadist psychopath.

Inori = fake Mana = Bakemono.

BS!!

StormViruz said:
HariTop said:

. . .

ROFL!!

Don't know how I didn't think of that even after leaning to make so many Code Geass relevancies xP

This is getting a real low ranking from me if it ends up mocking Code Geass with its ending, ijs.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Mar 13, 2012 5:49 AM

Aug 2009
It was the first time I saw the character was thown off after the explosion after he (she) cut the machine. Inori did so.
Mar 17, 2012 12:21 AM

Nov 2007
uh .. . . . wtf?

Arisa confirmed for super bitch. I mean she was so useless earlier now she's all up on evil Gai's junk and killed her grandfather who was pretty cool.

is this character regression for Shu? he's back to whiny and emo. granted everyone betrayed him and he lost an arm but come on.

Inori is some weird monster thing that murders people. Gai is new end boss being all evil and having some cult following him? again wtf?

I guess Tsugume and Ayase will re ally Shu and be the only characters that don't suck. oh and I guess Daryl is okay afterall.

this is just a big cluster fuck.
Mar 19, 2012 4:29 AM

Jul 2009
Trolling is an art and GC fails at it IMO.
Mar 22, 2012 2:56 AM

Sep 2011
Was that a reference to the first opening "My Dearest" I saw in this episode? Did anyone else catch that?

Inori said like, "Even if everyone calls you a liar, even if everyone hates you, I will always stay by your side" and that's almost exactly like the song lyrics.
Mar 23, 2012 4:50 PM

Jan 2012
I can't believe some of you guys are actually taking this anime seriously.

I'll just sit back and enjoy this cluster fuck of randomness all the way to the end.
Mar 25, 2012 7:18 PM
Jul 2018
What is with this show's juvenile fascination with rape and rape imagery?

I can barely do this any more. This is truly the nadir of modern anime.
Mar 29, 2012 10:40 PM

Sep 2011
Was Inori about to give Shu a... no, forget it. Everyone is so fked up now and days I will let it slide.

Oh and when Inori went beast mode, that was sick! Though she didn't last long unfortunately. xD
Mar 30, 2012 12:16 AM
Mar 2012
what is that red clip like thing in shu's hand at the end of this episode?..
Apr 13, 2012 7:08 AM

Mar 2009
Well Monster Inori is better than the usual Inori.
May 21, 2012 10:03 AM

Feb 2010
I have developed a liking to Daryl now.
I love how his character has changed since the start of the show

Inori's hulk transformation is cool haha xD
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Jun 2, 2012 12:07 AM
May 2012
Great, this episode is all Ouma Shuu's life has gone to living hell.
Jul 4, 2012 12:04 AM

Jun 2011
This anime is to quick paced =_= I was against Shu two episodes ago and now I'm back at his side because the poor man lost his arm and now Gai is a complete jackass with Arisa acting like his pet dog. Sware I loved her back at like episode 10, but now I hate her because of the way she's acting. The writers has the magic of bipolar: the bipolar magic of turning once loved characters into complete jackasses and turning hated characters into loved characters.
Jul 11, 2012 11:42 PM

May 2012
Rayla said:
This anime is to quick paced =_= I was against Shu two episodes ago and now I'm back at his side because the poor man lost his arm and now Gai is a complete jackass with Arisa acting like his pet dog. Sware I loved her back at like episode 10, but now I hate her because of the way she's acting. The writers has the magic of bipolar: the bipolar magic of turning once loved characters into complete jackasses and turning hated characters into loved characters.

I completely agree with you but i think that part of the beauty with guilty crown, who would have like Shu if he kept on trying to be 'King' all the time? An Arisa had always liked Gai to start with anyway so it makes sense if you mix madness (from all the pressures at that school and seeing Inori in 'Monster mode') and her feelings for him together.

I you really think about how everythings playing out it makes sense, and thats why i love this anime SOOOO much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2012 9:47 PM

Jun 2011
Arisa's grandfather was badass. Too bad he couldn't take her to the grave.

But if there's anything that bothers me with this anime, it's that most of the characters feel like plastic dolls.

OriginANIME said:
Was Inori about to give Shu a... no, forget it. Everyone is so fked up now and days I will let it slide.

I think she was.
Jul 29, 2012 7:16 PM

Nov 2011
They need to stop making Gai too op or I don't know how they are going to end this anime nicely lol.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Aug 21, 2012 9:59 PM
Feb 2008
I'm not going to lie I was kind of glad those "secret service" dicks got killed off by Gai 2.0.

So her granddad is so badass he can take out one guard by surprise I get that but the other two guys have a few seconds to take him out and then don't and then his granddaughter gets in a lucky shot? Really? He was kind of cool too that's a bullshit death

lol even from beyond the grave his sister wants his dick. Inori in monster mode was kind of interesting. Nice to see her address her situation as a clone/monster/thing. I loled when she got blown up after doing that pose after slicing that mecha. Her design reminded me of Esper Terra from FF6.

Not really sure it was wise to leave a crippled depressed kid by himself in a urban wasteland though, but I guess she had good intentions

Really want to know why Maya and this Virus are going around messing things up...but I feel like they won't explain things...
Nov 6, 2012 1:01 PM

Oct 2009
jesterpkl said:
what is that red clip like thing in shu's hand at the end of this episode?..

Inori's hair clips.
Nov 10, 2012 11:04 PM

Oct 2012
I have to admit, my feelings towards Guilty Crown had started to sour these last few episodes. However this one began to turn things around. Though I'm thinking more and more that Shu isn't going to receive a happy ending.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Nov 28, 2012 4:22 PM
Dec 2011
"Baby" Shu is back, is there NOOO middle personality for him complete CRAZY, or baby x_x;

Anyways I am only in it for Gai, so that was nice to see him. The whole "monster" whats her face in the end was neat.

Want to talk more message me!
Jan 2, 2013 6:53 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
edmond321 said:
Was that a reference to the first opening "My Dearest" I saw in this episode? Did anyone else catch that?

Inori said like, "Even if everyone calls you a liar, even if everyone hates you, I will always stay by your side" and that's almost exactly like the song lyrics.

Oh good catch! This is my second time watching Guilty Crown but I hadn't caught the reference! That was also a perfect example of Inori's unconditional love for Shu...their relationship is too beautiful.
Those secret service guys who died got what they deserved...they betrayed Shu and thought that Gai would be able to help them but no, they ended up dying. Yes Shu was a tyrant, but he would never have thrown away peoples' lives so easily like Gai did.
Even though I love Guilty Crown, I still think it's kind of weird that Inori became "super saiyan" as few people called it. But she was still pretty badass. :)
Jan 11, 2013 4:43 PM

May 2012
I totally hate Arisa now, I totally loved her grandfather he was so badass with those katana's! But well that was quite a strange episode a different take on the story and what not! And what's up with Inori transforming in some kind of catwoman lol... either way not a bad but not the best episode....
Mar 11, 2013 7:46 PM

Sep 2010
Inori is awesome as hell

I remember when I was really sad when Gai died. Now I just hope that Shu kills Gai.
May 14, 2013 7:29 PM

Aug 2012
The first OP would have fit really well in the scenes following Inori's farewell to Shu.
Methinks.
May 26, 2013 7:12 PM

Feb 2012
Holy crap Inori, you're strong o_o

I liked Shu's face at the end. :)
Jul 9, 2013 6:04 PM
Feb 2013
my god I was so pissed when Inori became that super badass monster girl with the weirdass hair.
However, if this asshole is going to remain as the "true gai" this anime will have lost all its approval points from he uhuh. You have to understand, in the first half of GC he was my hero anyways and after he has died I needed my time to cope with his death but he was kind of watching over Shu for me from then on??? ... and now he's "back just with different looks" and he's an asshole. WHY OK JUST WHY
really this episode pissed me off so badly UGH. it's sad because I really really happened to like the anime so far please don't have a shit ending......
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.