Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2012 11:01 PM

Aug 2010
Some said that Koichi could be the one dead person. Well, if you look at it closer, it all fits. he might have died in Hospital for example, or even before that.

However, it's... too convenient. People speculating at this point already, it won't be a "WTF I never saw that one coming!" Moment if he actually was the dead one. So, I'm putty my money on another horse, though I don't have a clue who it'll be.

Just suffice to say, if he actually IS it, I'd think less of the anime.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Feb 6, 2012 11:36 PM
May 2011
Based on previous deaths, you'll die if you acknowledge Mei's existence. And this Mochizuki guy told Kouichi to ask Mei for answers. My guess is he'll be the next victim.

So the class is going to ignore Kouichi. Meaning that the class will have one less student? Who's going fill in his place? I have a bad feeling about this.
Feb 6, 2012 11:44 PM

Jan 2010
But if Misaki was just normal girl then wtf is with that green eye :0
Feb 6, 2012 11:44 PM
Jun 2010
If the class ignores the MC it won't matter. Mei talks to him so that's someone in the class still acting like he exists.

Kuroiichi said:

Humans can have fake eyes.
Feb 6, 2012 11:46 PM
Feb 2009
so that's the class' rule, huh? well it's not a bad idea making sakakibara become a non-exist person too... but what a poor boy :(
can't wait for the next episode >___<
Feb 7, 2012 12:06 AM
Oct 2011
So now if they're ignoring both Sakakibara and Misaki, the count is still either down by one (as they're both ignored) or up by one (as they're not ignoring each other).

Also, isn't the first incident that a student or a student's relative dies, is when Misaki's cousin dies in the first episode, and that was before any of the rules had been broken.

But it also gives the possibility that like 26 years ago... a Misaki death was the trigger for the accidents.
Feb 7, 2012 12:08 AM

Jan 2010
I just looked at Sakakibara's profile and there was something like this: ''His mother supposedly passed away 15 years ago after giving birth to him...'' Supposedly? Could that have something to do with this?
Feb 7, 2012 12:16 AM

Nov 2009
Well, I guess what Akazawa was thinking was that if they couldn't tell Kouichi what was happening, they would make Mei tell him instead. And, the only way that they think would be safe for him and for the rest of them (I think it's more for the class-preservation) was to make him a nonexistent also so that he won't cause another death with his "curiosity's provocation." If him and Mei are nonexistent in third class, talking to each other about the curse...about Mei existing "might" at least delay the deaths...or, as I surmise they were hoping, stop the deaths totally. To make the class have one less student...it would seem more than for appeasing...but also for some kind of desperate plead. Like as though they're telling the dead one that, "Here's two places for you already, so please don't cause deaths anymore."

Sigh...What comes around goes around though...
witchhuntressFeb 7, 2012 12:23 AM

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Feb 7, 2012 12:20 AM

Jun 2011
Interesting ep. Massive info dump...glad you guys are here to explain all the sh*t they said XD

5/5

I personally don't think Sakakibara is dead. It seems too...easy. lol. But what if he is? Reverse pyschology? aha. I reckon its Izumi, but her being the dead would not really be surprising either. She's like second on the suspect list. Sakakibara, Izumi, Misaki. :S

I would love it if the entire class is dead. It'll be like 'The Others' all over again :D

I honestly wouldn't mind being ignored lmao. All that stress...gone. xD And lol @ the guy suggesting shooting the teacher with a bb gun and going into the girl's locker room xD
Feb 7, 2012 12:27 AM
Dec 2009
I don't think that Kouichi can be the dead one. Based on the information provided in this episode, there is one dead person at the START of the semester. Since Kouichi wasn't there at the start (He was transferred in after term started), and that there was already 1 extra person, it stands to reason that Kouichi isn't the dead person.

I don't think that this "countermeasure" of ignoring Kouichi would work. Someone is definitely going to die next month. I think so far the deaths have been slightly coincidential. The only reason people are dying is because Kouichi is believing that Misaki exists. The only way to stop the calamity is for him to believe she doesn't exist, or at least ignore her completely.
Feb 7, 2012 12:40 AM

May 2010
Crap, someone from other forum that I joined spoiled me today.
Now I know who that dead person is, along with what happened to Misaki eye as well as the ending >.<
Feb 7, 2012 1:15 AM

Apr 2009
Someone drops dead every time they break the countermeasure although the curse that kills someone once a month has already been going ever since Sakakibara talked to Mei. I wonder if it's just a one time phenomenon caused by the fact the class is close enough to death that the dead can physically exist in class 9-3. Or maybe the effect of the curse increases every time someone acknowledges the existence of an extra student, even outsiders like the nurse (they are not told to ignore the girl so there's no promise to break, of course, but they are never told about the ignored students' existence). In that case there would be at least three deaths a month. Well, that would not leave many standing at the end the semester.
Feb 7, 2012 1:21 AM

Feb 2009
Then can you PM me who is the dead person and what will happen?
Feb 7, 2012 1:33 AM
Jan 2012
Kuroiichi said:

A glass eye... bad barfight in '96

Also, is it just me or do I sense potential romance between the main character and Misaki?
Feb 7, 2012 1:50 AM
Jun 2008
Since she is always covering her eye, its doesn't really matter it wear the fake eye or not =p

I think I gonna grope all the girl's breast in the class since they all threat me as non-existence lol just joking.Anyway,I think the countermeasure doesn't really affect Mei, since Mei like to be alone .I think its a plus for Mei .

Next episode seem like Mei x Kouichi dating together. Hope they explode and die together..
MorningGloryFeb 7, 2012 1:57 AM
Feb 7, 2012 1:58 AM

Aug 2008
Oh crap. I guess that makes my previous theory defunct then. She's not the ghost.
She still seems a bit fishy.
Besides that, however, everything so far now makes sense.

Wordsmith said:
Some of my suspicions became truth this episode.
I expected the treatment of mei to be some kind of counterreaction to the girl who died but was kept alive. I DIDN'T expect that kouichi now got the same treatment, but it looks like it works out for the better: He's getting closer to Mei. (I'm really starting to ship them)

I expect that they will now start to look for the dead person (I suspect the male teacher - he teaches like a Zombie XD)

Also, one question:

I'm not into disabled girls - at all!

So.... WHY THE FARK IS MEI SO FARKING MOE? >.<

Oh true enough. So now comes more of the mystery part huh.

But is having one eye be artificial so bad? I don't consider myself much into disabled girls, as you put it, as well, but personally, eyepatches aren't a turn off at all O_o
Provided the girl in question is in some way attractive, of course.
Feb 7, 2012 2:10 AM

Apr 2009
So their way of trying to avoid death is to try to pretend the extra person doesn't exist which was Mei to them and now with Sakakibara their hand has been forced due to his actions. Thats a pretty logical concept when you think about. Right now Sakakibara is the trigger as he keeps asking too much. Me personally i would have taken a hint the first time someone got killed. He keeps digging into it causing people to die right now. Weird how they can never tell who the extra student is. Also before this episode i was kind of certain Mei was a ghost.:lol:
DreddFeb 7, 2012 2:14 AM
Feb 7, 2012 2:23 AM

Jul 2009
Good information episode with some explanation to exactly what is going on.
It's obviously Kouichi is very connected the whole incident and I'm very keen on finding out just how.
Hopefully the class ignoring him will not be the end of gory deaths >:}

One thing that annoys me though, what was the bloody point of everyone not explaining the situation to him at the very beginning. "Follow the class rules" .. yeah very easy to do when you do not know them in the first place^^
I bet they regret that decision now (^.^)
Feb 7, 2012 2:25 AM

Sep 2011
Another great episode! Can't wait for the next one. I'm still wondering the reason why Misaki has the doll's eye.
Feb 7, 2012 2:30 AM

Jan 2009
he should now start asking question from the library dude...
Feb 7, 2012 2:36 AM

Nov 2010
It feels so short! I felt this ep was 3 minutes!
Feb 7, 2012 2:36 AM

Dec 2011
hmm... anyone thinking same like me?

1. Why Sakakibara family has come back to their city? (as we know their live at Tokyo)
my answer : this is just in from my point, Sakakibara mother die because she had Sakakibara, isnt it? i think the curse on his mother is moving because he is dead and the school goverment transfer his into same class like his mother, 9th grade class 3.

2. What a reason to Misaki Mei make dont exist in that class?
my answer : Because Sakakibara has transfer to that class and the another reason you can see in last minute of this episode.

3. Who are Teacher making this way? to making someone dont exist in that class to backup are amount of stundent in that class are same like 26 years ago
my answer : i think the girl teacher has meet him in stair

4. Why the curse started?
my answer : in this case someone in 1st page has answer in right correctly in my point of view as viewer, Nyiari.

But i have more bigger question why they making Misaki Mei as unexist people?
Spring-Summer-Fall-Winter
Feb 7, 2012 2:42 AM

Jan 2012
Finally some mysteries are cleared around Class 3.
*sigh* but people continue dying. Poor Takabayashi-kun. Wonder who's going to be next. Those students should have explained Kouichi the situation beforehand, not when his new classmates started dying one by one "by accident".

And has anyone noticed how much Kouichi resembles Keichi from Higurashi?

Feb 7, 2012 2:46 AM

Dec 2011
some bigger mystery will be comming in 6th episode... while Sakakibara and Mei shake hand? they coperate or?
Spring-Summer-Fall-Winter
Feb 7, 2012 2:54 AM

Sep 2011
Wow. This anime really has great potential. Can't wait for Episode 6. 5/5
Feb 7, 2012 3:32 AM
Sep 2011
VanillaIceCream said:
What I don't get, though, is why has the curse started again? Is it because Koichi joined the class? And if so, could it mean Koichi himself is dead?

the beginning of ep 1 he was in hospital apparently recovering soooooo this ending seems likely amirite?
Feb 7, 2012 3:49 AM

Aug 2011
Well, Sakakibara is most likely the ghost here. He's the extra student, he's had that lung thing, they've asked him if he's been in the city before, but on top of that, he has been present at every single death incident.

1. umbrella in school
2. elevator via telephone
3. heart attack by the river
4. (glass accident on the streets), although none of them was hurt. maybe that was a coincidence.

If he continues to be around when people die, there is no other way than him being the ghost :-)
Feb 7, 2012 3:57 AM

May 2009
Series turns better since previous episodes. OP is still shit and I know most of spoilers but Misaki is damn cute.
Feb 7, 2012 4:12 AM
Sep 2011
wow that episode felt so short!! but some good information came out of it.
looking forward to the next episodes, HOPE IT ISNT THE END OF GORY DEATHS!
Feb 7, 2012 4:13 AM

Apr 2011
Great ep. Loved finding out that Mei was not a ghost.
Feb 7, 2012 4:27 AM

Jun 2009
Like others said, this episode was short! I was like 'oh, it's the end? where was that 24 minutes?'
And Mei is a real person.
But there are two 'ghosts' in the class now.
MiniJustaFeb 21, 2014 3:23 PM
I like pancakes.
Feb 7, 2012 4:37 AM

Aug 2010
Interesting turn of events and now at least it's somewhat understandable why the class wants to keep quiet. Though, knowing my own temperament, I would have probably started singing some morbid song to see how far the other's can continue to ignore me, the teacher can't tell you to keep quiet if you don't exist, right? Following that line of thought, I wonder how Sakakibara-san would get grades now and graduate.

I'm sad that we are almost at the middle, I could watch another 12 episodes. 4/5, eagerly awaiting how events will unfold.
Feb 7, 2012 4:42 AM

May 2008
I doubt Sakakibara is the dead guy. I'm wondering what role his mother will play in all of this?
Feb 7, 2012 4:55 AM
Jul 2018
Cool Episode, This is getting better and better. Next episode is gonna be romance but I predict the show's gonna end in a tragedy
Feb 7, 2012 5:00 AM

Oct 2011
that was the ultimate mindf#@k plot turnaround since blood-c! this show just keeps getting better with each episode - it's very refreshing to finally watch a new anime where you really don't know what will happen next! also blows my mind every week just how beautiful the character design/art/direction is on this - perfect mix of dark colors and sombre environments - when japanese horror is well done, it just can't be beat for sheer creepiness!
octal9Feb 7, 2012 5:03 AM
Feb 7, 2012 5:01 AM

Feb 2010
Aw, I felt sorry for Sakakibara in this ep. People are dying all over the place and he had no idea what was going on. Now, the rest of the class apart from Mei are treating him like he doesn't exist. Poor guy. Even if they told him after he first spoke to Mei, I doubt the curse would have stopped. Don't think nothing can stop it now unless they find this 'dead person'. Love this anime.
Feb 7, 2012 5:02 AM

Dec 2011
So that's why "Another" is called another.

There's something i dont fully understand thought, how is the new student supoded to follow the class rules if anyone tell him about what they are?
Feb 7, 2012 5:05 AM

Jan 2012
that strange word in Misaki's desk "who is dead?"
so who is the extra person in the class? mei or kouichi?

so this episode's death is by heart attack. it surprised me when he(forgot the name) want to say something about mei misaki but suddenly died LOL

i thought this anime will be purely thrilling horror, but later it added some romantic haha never mind, just enjoy watching it
Feb 7, 2012 5:18 AM

Nov 2009
I dont know why but I'm really relieved that Mei exists.

A ghost plot with her as the ghost would have been too obvious so it's nice that she is indeed real.

A romance budding from this wouldnt be a bad thing but is it not going to cause the deaths to continue if they both treat each other as people that exist?

Just how I see it anyway.
Feb 7, 2012 5:31 AM

Feb 2012
I didn't fully understand this episode. It was confusing to the point that i'm guessing who's dead and who's not. Apart from that, mei said that there was an extra student or something and in order to prevent the class from loosing it's said students, the students must ignore the transferred student which is Sakakibara. This is getting interesting. Well, Let's see next week.
Feb 7, 2012 5:46 AM

Oct 2010
fanks_177 said:
that strange word in Misaki's desk "who is dead?"
Best to take note of that. It's really important in regards to Mei later on. Just a heads up.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 7, 2012 6:28 AM

Sep 2011
Stupid
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Feb 7, 2012 7:06 AM

May 2008
and another one died probably another person will die next episode and i think Misaki is really dead she lies!
Feb 7, 2012 7:08 AM
Apr 2010
So Misaki isn't a ghost, just an ignored girl... Pretty disappointing, but hey, the whole story turned out pretty interesting.

Huh, wait, Sakakibara didn't ignore Mei and he's still alive. So either he IS the dead guy, or... he's just special.
Feb 7, 2012 7:14 AM

Apr 2011
Cool episode!!!
Misaki gave us ansewrs about what happend 26 years ago, and how the curse start affect the other Class 3 of the upcoming years!!

And now what I understand, I hope that I'm right in this:
So there is a dead one(extra person), each year in the class and the students must choose someone from their classmates, and threat him/her as ''non-exist'', so the dead one will not activate the curse, and each month someone or a member of family of a classmate dosen't die.But since Kouichi, is speaking with Mei the ''charm'' of their ''protection'' is not that powerful so every month one of the students will die or someone of their family
And now because two people die in one month, the students(more importantly Izumi), decide to treat Kouichi as ''non-exist'' so their ''charm'' will protect them more...
The ''dead one'' or ''extra person'' is someone who has died from previous years,and now is coming as an ''extra'' in the class, but he/she doen't know that he/she is dead and he/she alters the memories of theirselves and everyone's in the town!!!!
Feb 7, 2012 7:14 AM

Nov 2007
I was thinking Kouichi could already be dead but ... no?

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Feb 7, 2012 7:30 AM

Mar 2011
I'm soooo confused:P and at the same time i understand.. well that's weird...
Feb 7, 2012 7:37 AM

Dec 2011
Phew...

Just watched the episode... Awesome.. Best one so far, and there is no strange death..

This is getting complicated but I think that it's getting little predictable too...

Somehow I get a feeling that they will start working together and break the curse.

Too bad that there is no romance. Mei and Kouichi... So cute...

I am glad Mei isn't dead, since I really like her, and it would be weird if she's dead :D

Looking forward for the next episode... Can't wait...
Feb 7, 2012 7:43 AM

Dec 2011
Wordsmith said:
Some of my suspicions became truth this episode.
I expected the treatment of mei to be some kind of counterreaction to the girl who died but was kept alive. I DIDN'T expect that kouichi now got the same treatment, but it looks like it works out for the better: He's getting closer to Mei. (I'm really starting to ship them)

I expect that they will now start to look for the dead person (I suspect the male teacher - he teaches like a Zombie XD)

Also, one question:

I'm not into disabled girls - at all!

So.... WHY THE FARK IS MEI SO FARKING MOE? >.<

Well, it's not fair to disabled people what you said....

I actually know one very cute girl without one eye (she had eye cancer )... She always wears eyepatch (similar to the one Mei is wearing). I actually like her very much... Her healthy eye is so beautiful, bright blue, like ocean... Anyway I am going off topic...

To answer to what I put in bold...

Yes she is... Especially in the ending in that red dress... :D
Feb 7, 2012 7:53 AM

Jul 2009
It'd be too obvious if Kouichi was the dead one. I think he needs to talk to Mei's mother.

SHE'S SO FUCKIN CUTE!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.