Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jan 31, 2012 9:42 PM

Dec 2010
Loving the manservice. Hopefully they make him even cleaner cut in the BDs.
Jan 31, 2012 11:44 PM

Jul 2009
MaxVdub said:
Yumekichi11 said:
[huge post complaining about ep]

is this a serious post??

"man i hate all this ecchi of a girl who physically looks like an 8 year old so naturally im going to take and post a billion screenshots of it and write a detailed analysis of how much sexier this is going to be when it comes out on bluray"

amazing

I enjoy being able to see the reasoning behind a thought, rather than just the thought.
In your case all I got was 'Woah.'
PerplexedJan 31, 2012 11:51 PM
Feb 1, 2012 1:59 AM

Sep 2011
Probably the second best episode in the Monogatari series so far. Now I want this to be 100 eps long. :D
Feb 1, 2012 3:40 AM

Apr 2008
Aredros said:
ShortTermCrook said:
Shinobu reminded me to never watch Spice and Wolf again.

OMFG, you're right she's exactly like horo in personality (Two ancient female creatures, very wise but playful too, with a teasing attitude towards the guy), that's why i have seen this episode 3 times XD

I love Spice and WOlf, and I AGREE :O Horo in disguise!!!!! ka ka!
Nekomimi~
Feb 1, 2012 3:59 AM

Dec 2011
MaxVdub said:
Yumekichi11 said:
[huge post complaining about ep]

is this a serious post??

"man i hate all this ecchi of a girl who physically looks like an 8 year old so naturally im going to take and post a billion screenshots of it and write a detailed analysis of how much sexier this is going to be when it comes out on bluray"

hahaha!is this true Yume?!! :)

amazing
Feb 1, 2012 8:59 AM

Feb 2010
Nice to see Shinobu naked. 5/5
Feb 1, 2012 9:30 AM

Jan 2010
Shinobu was awesome. her talk, personality and look, everything's just wonderful. also Tsukihi and her scene with knife was nice.
Feb 1, 2012 10:58 AM

Apr 2011
I loved this episode. And the pacing is really starting to pick up.
Feb 1, 2012 3:38 PM
Aug 2011
The pace is fine, though I can see action fans getting antsy. The pace as others have stated is mostly following how the books are. Though they have to fit it into only 11 episodes :(. It is none the less important though. Either way I have enjoyed the back and fourths so far, especially between Shinobu.
Feb 1, 2012 3:40 PM
Oct 2011
Dr_Smurph said:
The pace is fine, though I can see action fans getting antsy. The pace as others have stated is mostly following how the books are. Though they have to fit it into only 11 episodes :(. It is none the less important though. Either way I have enjoyed the back and fourths so far, especially between Shinobu.

A lot of people complain about how the series is just 20+ minute segments of people talking (which it is), but it's some of the best conversation you'll find in anime.
Feb 1, 2012 7:35 PM

Sep 2009
I'm positive we all made ":O" face when she started talking.....and then we went ":V" after a flash back of Rinne Higaki :)

I wonder why Hanekawa cut her hair and took off her glasses :P

Great episodes, except it's incredibly sadist for intentionally leaving the audience out of the entire story and reminding us that Kizumonogatari is still ages away QQ
Feb 1, 2012 9:40 PM

Jan 2012
white fog of doom and despair.

and tsubasa-chan looks like a mom now.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Feb 1, 2012 11:29 PM

May 2011
Shinobu <3! Love her voice and her personality, plus shes a cute loli. Win everything. Its very interesting to see her relationship with Araragi. They both say they can't forgive each other, but they both got a way to get what they want. She threatens him but in reality nothing's gunna happen cause they seem to have a mutual care for each other. Like their conversation as well.

Lol @ Tsukihi ready to kill. Tbh I like Hanekawa's new look much better than the old one. Dno why but her new look makes me think she's completely changed her type of person.
Feb 2, 2012 2:44 AM

Jan 2011
Absolutely loved this episode so much. So much Shinobu goodness, oh how happy I was. XD Her voice suits her so much, well in her child form. xD Love how both Araragi and Shinobu don't forgive each other and want to keep it that way. Didn't think we'd see Shinobu that early again so this was a surprise to me. Her personality is also what I had expected and I love it. Lolicons, feast your eyes... ROFL

I'm glad Hanekawa's not wearing any glasses anymore, suits her without it and with a different hair style.
Feb 2, 2012 4:45 PM

Sep 2009
Awesome episode 5/5.
A few other things I found interesting and entertaining.

1.The way Hanekawa is manipulating people (Karen & Hitagi) seems ominous.
2. Finding out Oshino forcibly instilled Shinobu with Knowledge to help Araragi was hilarious.
3. Shinobu repeatedly trying to blackmail Araragi for doughnuts, also hilarious.
4. I thought the conversation on the TV was sad, to think Hanekawa has nothing to wear besides her school uniform. I agree with Araragi when he said the pajamas and undergarments don't count.
5. Some subtle foreshadowing coming to light. For example; I thought the sweat roiling down Karen's chest in her OP was simply fan-service, the lines "the burning heat of my skin"- 2nd op, "I''m a brightly burning girl"- Karen, & "Burn to death" - Araragi

Aversa said:
Yes Karen might be the violent one but Tsukihi seems to be the frightening one there was no emotion on her face when she entered the bathroom with the knife in her hand.
Makes me wonder on who she was planing to kill.

Seeing as how she clams not to be a bringer of justice but justice itself. I think it was obvious who she was planing to stab, between her brother the young adult or the innocent looking loli, I assume she would use the knife on him.
Westside209Feb 2, 2012 7:59 PM
Feb 2, 2012 4:52 PM

Nov 2009
hanekawa's new 'do is cute, and that's tempting, having shinobu in your shadow, lools
Feb 3, 2012 2:18 AM

Sep 2011
Hanekawa's new hairstyle fits her well, makes her look more moe.

Shinobu! The highlight of the episode! Her VA did a great job. The ecchi stuff with her is also done pretty well too.

Finally, we get to the main point of the whole arc after 3 episodes of mainly filler stuff. So Karen has a disease, and it's a hornet curse by the trick master we saw last episode.

5/5
Feb 3, 2012 4:56 AM

Sep 2008
twonline said:
Hungshu said:
Well 1 question for this ep
What Koyomi can't forgive Shinobu?

I understand why Shinobu can't forgive Koyomi cause he didn't kill her when she already find place to die...but what Koyomi can't forgive Shinobu?

May be cuz' she made him into a vampire.

Well to be honest I don't think that the case because....

Feb 3, 2012 11:40 AM

Jan 2009
The comments in this forum angered me so much that I had to log in my cousin’s account to make a few things clear.

Some of you are disgusted by what you think is loli perverted fan service, and others are defending her because of her age. I don’t want to insult anyone but I’m disappointed at how shallow minded some Bakemonogatari fans are. Both Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari are filled with symbolisms and one has to pay close attention in order to understand them all.
If you guys could get your mind out of the gutter and take a second look at this image

What does it remind you of? Maybe the image of a pregnant woman? Some of you are complaining because Araragi’s penis isn’t shown, but you failed to see the real purpose of this. When Araragi helps Shinobu clean her hair he is cleaning her of whatever is preventing her from being pure and innocent. She herself states that she hasn’t bathed in 500 years. Meaning she hasn’t cleansed herself of whatever sin(s) she has committed in the past 500 years. Shinobu threatens to kill Araragi, but he doesn’t take her seriously because he knows that she is weak (hence her childish form) and that they need each other, just like the shadow needs the body to exist. Furthermore, it is said that babies like to be in the bath because they feel the protection they had when they were in their mother’s womb, hence them getting in the bath together. The part where he holds her protectively is as if a mother would their child.
Do you understand now why this relationship isn’t perverted like you guy are convinced it is? Yes Bakemonogatari shows a lot of perversion with young girls like Mayoi and Nadeko. However, they made things a little obvious hoping most would understand their true intent. It’s unfortunate though how most were so hung up on his private part missing and the fact that they were naked that you failed to see beyond that. This anime is rated R, so if you can’t handle a few naked bodies then you’re obviously too young to watch it.

Mayora-Hime
nitaroxxsFeb 3, 2012 12:10 PM
Feb 3, 2012 5:41 PM

Dec 2009
nice episode, though its kinda hard to appreciate this episode if you haven't read Kizumonogatari since this is sort of the epilogue/closure to it.
Feb 3, 2012 7:07 PM
May 2011
Lol Tsukihi looked a bit too comfortable with the knife, lol shaking it around casually
Feb 4, 2012 3:15 AM

May 2010
zimno said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shinobu talked!!

whta a loli ero episode...

5/5 8.5/10

I don't believe it she talked !!

And her voice is as cute as her face and body !!
Feb 4, 2012 11:19 AM

Aug 2010
Oh mah dick

Shinobu episode couldn't of had been any more glorious than this
Feb 4, 2012 5:07 PM

Dec 2011
The episode was cool, I never thought that I'd see Shinobu talking. i'm a bit sad that I didn't see Senjougahara but still, was a good episode. I don't know what it is about this anime that keeps me interested, but I'm guessing it's the uniqueness. It's more of Talk based than action, and I've rarely seen that anywhere else. 5/5
Feb 5, 2012 11:31 AM

Jan 2011
Loved this episode, awesome!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 6, 2012 5:10 AM

Jan 2012
This was one of my favourite episodes so far, for one simple reason: this episode made the greatest step towards developing the series' storyline so far, and the rather intensive (compared to Bakemono), but still bearable fanservice still can't manage to ruin the flow and excecution of the story/conversations.
Feb 6, 2012 10:26 AM

Jun 2009
nitaroxxs said:
The comments in this forum angered me so much that I had to log in my cousin’s account to make a few things clear.

Some of you are disgusted by what you think is loli perverted fan service, and others are defending her because of her age. I don’t want to insult anyone but I’m disappointed at how shallow minded some Bakemonogatari fans are. Both Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari are filled with symbolisms and one has to pay close attention in order to understand them all.
If you guys could get your mind out of the gutter and take a second look at this image

What does it remind you of? Maybe the image of a pregnant woman? Some of you are complaining because Araragi’s penis isn’t shown, but you failed to see the real purpose of this. When Araragi helps Shinobu clean her hair he is cleaning her of whatever is preventing her from being pure and innocent. She herself states that she hasn’t bathed in 500 years. Meaning she hasn’t cleansed herself of whatever sin(s) she has committed in the past 500 years. Shinobu threatens to kill Araragi, but he doesn’t take her seriously because he knows that she is weak (hence her childish form) and that they need each other, just like the shadow needs the body to exist. Furthermore, it is said that babies like to be in the bath because they feel the protection they had when they were in their mother’s womb, hence them getting in the bath together. The part where he holds her protectively is as if a mother would their child.
Do you understand now why this relationship isn’t perverted like you guy are convinced it is? Yes Bakemonogatari shows a lot of perversion with young girls like Mayoi and Nadeko. However, they made things a little obvious hoping most would understand their true intent. It’s unfortunate though how most were so hung up on his private part missing and the fact that they were naked that you failed to see beyond that. This anime is rated R, so if you can’t handle a few naked bodies then you’re obviously too young to watch it.

Mayora-Hime

I think there are other way to interpret the scene, but I really like your analysis!

IMO, it's just that despite the fact she looks like a 8 years old girl, she's in reality a more than 400 years old vampire and that comes with her mentality, her way of talking, the way she teases him and the way she move with grace and sensuality.

Apart from that, I was really shocked and happy when I heard Shinobu talking for so long! She's one of my favourite character of all time and I didn't think she would have such a personality!

As for Hanekawa, with long hair or not she remains very cute :3
ju2c0c0Feb 6, 2012 10:34 AM
Feb 7, 2012 3:54 PM

Dec 2010
YES SHINOBU IS BACK! AND SHE TALKS! AWESOME.

I absolutely loved Shinobu and Araragi's conversation.

I laughed when Tsukihi caught Shinobu in the bathtub with Araragi. I laughed even harder when she came back with a kitchen knife LOL.

It was somewhat of a bittersweet ending. Seems like Shinobu won't come back and that's a shame but at least we got to see her.

Feb 8, 2012 4:07 AM

Apr 2009
No marshmallow justice for this episode? :(

Oh my god, Shinobu talked at last! And it seems like she got the lion's share of lines and screentime to partially compensate for having no dialogue at all in Bakemonogatari. I never imagined she would be quite the talkative one. It appears no one was ready for Shinobu in this episode either, eh?

When Tsukihi caught her older brother with a golden-haired loli in the bath, it was hilarious. Pure gold, even. My hope is that Karen herself would get to have more screentime and dialogue before this arc ends though. This IS her arc, after all. Her problem seems to be the perfect excuse not to give her more speaking lines, though.
Feb 8, 2012 4:06 PM

Mar 2011
Yeah...

good....

Im far too mashed for SHAFT right now.

Want that bathroom though!
Feb 20, 2012 10:58 PM

Jun 2009
I think the fanservice is kinda overdone this episode...

I wouldn't have minded if all she does is get her hair washed, get in the bath and talks. (The part where she criticize Araragi of being a pervert is fine) In fact, from what I've learnt, it's actually not that uncommon for Japanese people to bathe together.

But all those suggestive poses can be a bit... too much even for me.

I'm quite open minded as a person, and do not mind seeing a naked loli if the scene is not designed to be "suggestive".

Now how am I suppose to recommend the show to others? If the bathe scene were not designed to be suggestive, I can easily defend myself when others call me a pervert for watching it. (In my defence, I have yet to get a boner when watching Nisemonogatari)

The artistic shot of Araragi hugging Shinobu in a bathtub was well done. A lot can be interpret from that scene alone. Best part of the whole episode.

EDIT: actually, i did get kinda aroused during Nadeko scene, and that's it.

EDIT 2: Hanekawa look better without glasses and short hair.
AirStylesFeb 20, 2012 11:13 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2012 11:31 PM

Jun 2011
Shinobu's not quite what I expected.
Feb 26, 2012 4:06 AM
Feb 2012
i'm happy as long as there is no "hitagi", that girl is scary.

I'm fine with the araragi's sisters, shinobu and Mayoi though.

some of you said that the bath part is a mere fanservice, but in my eyes as a asian, its pretty normal, at some aspect i considered as art, especially when shinobu being hugged by Koyomi, its warm and she looks satisfied.

btw,
i have seen more of perverted scenes in western-related movie.

sorry for my bad english, its not my tongue.
Mar 3, 2012 12:08 AM

Sep 2008
For no reason at all, I am glad I noticed that Shinobu has no reflection.
Hanekawa is so adorable with that hair though; totally love it over the long style.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2012 1:49 PM

Mar 2009
I swear, sometimes I just want to yell at the characters to stop talking so much!

Did Shinobu even say anything in Bakemonogatari? Here, she wouldn't shut up for a second. =\

I don't know. The dialogue doesn't hold my attention as much as it did in Bakemono.
Mar 18, 2012 12:38 AM

Aug 2010
HOLY SHIT SHE TALKED O_O AND SHE ROCKS!!! Shinobu FTW also Hanekawa looks better with short hair :)
Mar 19, 2012 12:48 AM

Jul 2007
I didnt recognize Hanekawa at first. She looks younger without her librarian look haha

That was one long bath scene. I lol'd when arararagi's imouto came back with the kitchen knife.
Mar 19, 2012 10:16 PM
Jan 2011
late to the party but i'll say this.

it seems i was the only one distracted and thinking about that funky bathroom throughout the whole episode.
Apr 14, 2012 7:20 AM

Sep 2008
Tru3Ph03niX said:
nice Ep and I cant believe shinobu can talk. I just read kizumonogatari on baka tsuki and then watched bakemonogatari and i finally understand why she was named Shinobu
lol.
oh yeah, i just did the same to comprehend this series, but , now everything has so much sense...but after reading that...i´m stuck in my head with kisshot acerolaorion heartunderblade, the iron blooded hotblooded cold blooded kaii killer....so returning to shinobu...i wonder how can araragi can do that..
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 15, 2012 10:32 AM

Jan 2011
dat fanservice
"Eat my dead cock" - Dax Riggs
May 17, 2012 4:52 AM
Jan 2010
I liked her better when she knew how to shut her mouth.
May 31, 2012 5:02 AM

May 2011
Shinobu is better with her mouth closed.. And what a body Araragi has o.O
Amazing fanservice :P
Jun 4, 2012 1:25 PM

Mar 2012
SHAFT and their blonde loli vampires =P

Tsukihi and that kitchen knife lol
Jun 19, 2012 7:34 PM

Feb 2012
Amazing episode, wasn't expecting to see Shinobu!
Jun 29, 2012 6:15 PM

Jan 2010
Ka ka!
Jul 14, 2012 11:32 AM

May 2009
Nailed it.

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.

Jul 29, 2012 7:29 PM

Feb 2012
wow, when you think about it, this anime could be very complicated. There are so many things going on. And visually it is fantastic
Aug 4, 2012 3:33 PM

May 2012
Lol what a funny episode and a bit of an ecchi loli one too! Shinobu was nice to hear her talking!

Nice new ED animation!
Aug 20, 2012 2:00 PM

Jun 2012
Loli loli pop that body

Shinobu is great.
Aug 26, 2012 5:30 AM

Aug 2012

Kaka! Shinobu is so kawai. And now she talks. I can't recover from hapiness now.
6/5 11/10
HyunckelAug 26, 2012 5:40 AM

Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 25, 2012

755 by decco6226 »»
Apr 22, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akiyama - Jan 21, 2012

261 by decco6226 »»
Apr 21, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ariamachi - Jan 14, 2012

348 by Ken_9 »»
Mar 15, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Mar 17, 2012

414 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 10, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2012

247 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 5, 7:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.