Forum Settings
Forums

Would you intentionally watch an extremely bad anime?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 9, 2012 12:45 PM

Aug 2011
NyuuuuSaaaan said:
Tiago97 said:
Yes, I have. I've also recently decided to finish some of the shows I hate.
Why? Do you need closure that bad?
Nah, if that's what I wanted I could just search the internets.

I simply decided not to have any anime on my Dropped list, even if that includes watching shit like Amaenaide yo!!, Blade, Dog Days and Code Geass (sorry, I hated it).
Some anime actually got better after a while (like Haruhi Suzumiya), but most just stay shit.
Heh, at least it teaches me how to appreciate actual good anime. ^.-
Jan 9, 2012 1:03 PM

Sep 2011
giraffesyo said:
Leondre said:
Yeah like Naruto, Death Note, Bleach, and Gundam AGE just so I can bash them.

Trolling...

i hate how people see having a negative opinion on something = trolling

like seriously guys grow up

Tiago97 said:
NyuuuuSaaaan said:
Tiago97 said:
Yes, I have. I've also recently decided to finish some of the shows I hate.
Why? Do you need closure that bad?

I simply decided not to have any anime on my Dropped list, even if that includes watching shit like Amaenaide yo!!, Code Geass (sorry, I hated it).
oh god dude, i feel so bad for the immense amounts of horrible writing that are about to go into your head, especially code geass R2, oh man i felt dirty for weeks, and i at least liked season 1, you hated that one, your going to despise R2

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 9, 2012 1:09 PM
Oct 2010
No, I don't want to waste my time on anime I won't enjoy =.=
Jan 9, 2012 1:09 PM

Sep 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
giraffesyo said:
Leondre said:

Trolling...

If people here could grow up we wouldn't have posters making off topic one-liners or tangents that could be confused with trolling. There's nothing new to see here. Some people will use every chance that get to bag on anime they don't like.

Jan 9, 2012 1:22 PM

Sep 2011
Anime_Name said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
giraffesyo said:
Leondre said:

Trolling...

If people here could grow up we wouldn't have posters making off topic one-liners or tangents that could be confused with trolling. There's nothing new to see here. Some people will use every chance that get to bag on anime they don't like.
why is my point, my most hated anime of all time is rumbling hears yet i try to avoid ever mentioning it because the mere thought of how bad the show was puts me in a horrible mood, like this may be one of 3 times ive ever mentioned that show on here, 1 of them was a recommendation cause it fit the criteria for what someone was looking for, why would people want to talk about how bad a show was, if it was so bad then we should stop bringing it up and move on to something actually good so we dont leave a foul taste in our mouths

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 9, 2012 1:25 PM

May 2010
How can I know it's bad until I've seen it man?

Going by other people's judgment?

I know people who think Baccano! was bad

faggots
Jan 9, 2012 1:34 PM

Sep 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Anime_Name said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
giraffesyo said:
Leondre said:

Trolling...

why is my point, my most hated anime of all time is rumbling hears yet i try to avoid ever mentioning it because the mere thought of how bad the show was puts me in a horrible mood, like this may be one of 3 times ive ever mentioned that show on here, 1 of them was a recommendation cause it fit the criteria for what someone was looking for, why would people want to talk about how bad a show was, if it was so bad then we should stop bringing it up and move on to something actually good so we dont leave a foul taste in our mouths

People want to talk about bad shows for the same reasons they want to talk about good shows, a couple of reasons being to express their opinion and find people that can validate that opinion. Also some people think of quality more like a barometer which means there are varying degrees of both bad and good. Some of those degrees of bad don't put people into bad moods or leave enough of a foul taste in their mouths to make them not want to talk about the experience.

It's fine if you don't want to participate in such conversations but claiming to not understand why others do want to is a sign of immaturity.

Jan 9, 2012 1:42 PM

Mar 2009
I watched Clannad. All of it. After Story, alternate endings, the whole damn thing knowing it was not the kind of anime I would view for enjoyment. I watched it in an effort to see why so many people are so crazy about it. I still don't get it's rabid fan base. I'm not saying it's "bad." I'm saying I, that is me personally, have grown to hate it.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Jan 9, 2012 1:45 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, i can't help but think some people are confusing 'bad' with 'anime I didn't like'. I'd hardly call something like Rumbling Hearts a 'bad' series, in fact I thought it was quite good.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 9, 2012 1:52 PM

Jun 2007
insan3soldiern said:
Yeah, i can't help but think some people are confusing 'bad' with 'anime I didn't like'. I'd hardly call something like Rumbling Hearts a 'bad' series, in fact I thought it was quite good.

It's still entirely your own opinion whether or not something is good or bad.
Jan 9, 2012 2:02 PM

Sep 2010
Leondre said:
insan3soldiern said:

It's still entirely your own opinion whether or not something is good or bad.

and such opinion can be formed by using the opinion of others. Of course using others' opinion in this way requires trust, belief, and the acceptance that someone other than yourself is capable of forming an opinion that can be agreed with.

Jan 9, 2012 2:28 PM

Jul 2007
Maybe a quick peek at it. If i somehow like the stupidness/weirdness i may even finish it, but most likely just a ''fun watch/nobrainer''.
Jan 9, 2012 2:31 PM

Jan 2011
Why not?
You never know if you actually enjoy it.
I mean I even watch those Asylum/Syfy-Movies and like some of them.
Jan 9, 2012 2:58 PM
Dec 2011
Guilty Crown is a perfect example.
Jan 9, 2012 3:07 PM

Sep 2011
Anime_Name said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Anime_Name said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
giraffesyo said:
Leondre said:

Trolling...

People want to talk about bad shows for the same reasons they want to talk about good shows, a couple of reasons being to express their opinion and find people that can validate that opinion. Also some people think of quality more like a barometer which means there are varying degrees of both bad and good. Some of those degrees of bad don't put people into bad moods or leave enough of a foul taste in their mouths to make them not want to talk about the experience.

It's fine if you don't want to participate in such conversations but claiming to not understand why others do want to is a sign of immaturity.
wait its immature to keep my opinion to myself, never heard that before

i feel like most people myself included rag on bad shows to rub it in the faces of those that liked it acting like we have something to gain out of it, dont lie we have all done it, i know i did it with school days but i try to keep it to myself if i can all possibly can

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 9, 2012 3:20 PM

Jul 2011
I watched school days because of the negative attention and friends telling me how terrible it was. Now after watching it I wouldn't classify it as extremely bad, but it does answer the OP. I would watch a show if I encountered extremely negative feedback just to satisfy my curiousity.

Jan 9, 2012 4:06 PM

Sep 2011
With great zest !
Jan 9, 2012 4:35 PM

Apr 2009
Indeed, there are something that so bad that is somehow very fun to watch for me..
I don't know why LOL
Jan 9, 2012 7:17 PM

Mar 2009
Of course! If you tell me not to watch something I would watch it out of spite. Well, I usually regret it, but it's ok to watch crap once in a while.
Jan 9, 2012 7:22 PM

Sep 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Anime_Name said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Anime_Name said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
giraffesyo said:
Leondre said:

Trolling...

wait its immature to keep my opinion to myself, never heard that before

i feel like most people myself included rag on bad shows to rub it in the faces of those that liked it acting like we have something to gain out of it, dont lie we have all done it, i know i did it with school days but i try to keep it to myself if i can all possibly can

Where in my comment did I say anything about keeping an opinion to yourself. My conclusion said it is the lack of understanding that other people are not you and will not hold in their opinion just because you do.

Jan 9, 2012 7:23 PM

May 2010
was one of my posts here deleted? huh
Jan 9, 2012 7:36 PM

Sep 2007
I have watched many bad anime on purpose before. Usually either with friends so we can laugh at it together or with the intention of writing a long article bashing it to make others laugh after the fact. Sometimes both.
Jan 9, 2012 8:35 PM

Aug 2011
Definitely. :D

That is why Mars of Destruction is on my Plan to Watch.
Jan 9, 2012 8:40 PM

Aug 2011
often many times i end up watching an anime that my some of my friends or ppl think is extremely bad but turns out i fucking loved it.

but occasionally when i watch an anime that myself i think is extremely bad is probably becuz i wanna see why or to find evidence to prove why its bad to troll my friends :3 (for example c cubed, that shit was so bad and such a waste of time but i wanted to troll all the fan/school service and ecchi harem loli stereotypes)
Jan 9, 2012 8:46 PM
Dec 2011
i think i would...depending on what kind of bad...
Jan 9, 2012 8:48 PM

Apr 2008
Not unless I were MST3K-ing the crap out of it with some friends.
Jan 9, 2012 9:12 PM

Aug 2009
That's all I watch.
Jan 9, 2012 9:13 PM

Jan 2011
i did...its like hanging yourself but worse #mars of destruction
this is my god damn signature.
Jan 9, 2012 9:36 PM

Nov 2010
Sometimes, but it never hurts to be curious of what other types of animes there are rather then the ones you watch all the time, you never know you might find something really good or something really bad that makes your head hurt.
Jan 13, 2012 9:47 PM

Jan 2011
Lol, if it is REALLY bad then I'll watch it just for fun... but otherwise I like to avoid them if possible...
Jan 13, 2012 9:55 PM

Nov 2011
yeah, i watched mars of destruction cause i was curious after hearing about how bad it was. and i plan on watching garzey's wing
Jan 13, 2012 11:14 PM

May 2009
policetoed said:
yeah, i watched mars of destruction cause i was curious after hearing about how bad it was. and i plan on watching garzey's wing

If only I can get a copy of Garzey's Wing...

I intentionally watched Kakugo no Susume because I scored some really cool looking figures but I didn't know what anime it came from. Hahaha.
Jan 13, 2012 11:32 PM

Jan 2012
i did ................ and it was called Ga rei zero lol. First episode i was like man this is gonna be tight then the rest was just me forcing myself to finish.
Jan 14, 2012 2:19 AM

Jun 2008
Edefrem said:
HELL YEAH! That's why I watched Mars of Destruction!

Lol, the same. I just wanted to see how bad they fucked-up.
Jan 14, 2012 2:23 AM

Jun 2011
Sometimes, it can be like watching a bad B-Movie.
Can be entertaining as hell.
Or it can be a waste of time.
Jan 14, 2012 4:13 AM

Jun 2008
IllegalCyrus said:
Sometimes, it can be like watching a bad B-Movie.
Can be entertaining as hell.
Or it can be a waste of time.

The thing is that there is the horrible boring and the so horrible that it becomes funny just to watch how horrible it is.
Jan 14, 2012 4:16 AM

Nov 2011
Well yes if it's short xD
I'm curious so I would like to see why that anime is extremely bad for a lot of viewers.
Jan 14, 2012 4:21 AM
Mar 2011
one mans gold is another person poison
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 14, 2012 9:58 AM

Nov 2008
If it's short enough, maybe.

Jan 14, 2012 10:21 AM

Jan 2012
I would give it a try since I always give it a shot before make my own decision, may not last until the very end though, LOL!!! XD
Jan 14, 2012 10:50 AM

Aug 2009
For sure, the "so bad it's good" genre is extremely entertaining. Garzey's Wing for example :P

I would rather watch that than just mediocre boring anime, anyday.

Jan 14, 2012 11:44 AM

Mar 2010
I'd give it a try.
Kiss me. Experience the sweet sweet taste of heaven.
Jan 14, 2012 2:00 PM

Jan 2012
kittehgod said:
Isnt that the point of excel saga?

Sad but yes.
Jan 14, 2012 2:22 PM

Aug 2009
I'll watch for getting my own view - rly it's extremely bad or not
Jan 16, 2012 2:04 AM

Dec 2008
Yes, I would. I would try and judge it for myself. Even if I could just enjoy it as a "so bad it's good" anime or even just laugh at the crappyness of it all.

However, if it was bad enough to bore the hell out of me or I got distracted really easily, I'd just drop it. I'd try and force my way through it, but usually that doesn't help things.

One bad anime I see mentioned frequently is Mars of Destruction, which is the only bad anime I currently plan to watch.

(If I supposedly have other bad anime in my PTW list, I guess they will just be a surprise.)
Jan 16, 2012 2:21 AM

Jul 2011
Unless there's jokes to be had from watching i.e hilariously bad, no. Im to picky about my anime to watch something i think im going to hate.
Jan 16, 2012 2:31 AM

Jun 2009
If it's a one episode OVA or something like this (hello Mars of Destruction) sure. As many people have said, it can be incredibly entertaining to watch a really bad show and just make fun of it. Even more so with more people watching.

But an actual series with 12+ episodes? No. My time is too precious for stuff like that.
Jan 16, 2012 2:55 AM

Aug 2011
Can't know if something really is a piece of shit beforehand ... check MAL ratings? yeah right. Many refuse to rate anything below 7, so no matter how you look at it, you will at least start many shit shows and watch a few episodes, regardless of whether you check up on a show beforehand or not.
Jan 16, 2012 3:56 AM

Jun 2009
furuabes said:
Can't know if something really is a piece of shit beforehand ... check MAL ratings? yeah right. Many refuse to rate anything below 7, so no matter how you look at it, you will at least start many shit shows and watch a few episodes, regardless of whether you check up on a show beforehand or not.

See, this is actually the good thing about the ratings inflation on this site. When a show is so bad that it manages to get a rating below 6 even on MAL of all places, you know it REALLY sucks.
Jan 16, 2012 4:06 AM

Aug 2011
grandy_UiD said:
furuabes said:

See, this is actually the good thing about the ratings inflation on this site. When a show is so bad that it manages to get a rating below 6 even on MAL of all places, you know it REALLY sucks.

That's a good point :-D
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Have you ever divorced your waifu? (ex-waifu)

EndlessMaria - Aug 12, 2022

45 by Serafos »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 4 hours ago

15 by MogKnight »»
6 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

24 by Lawgun »»
12 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 1 hour ago

6 by LightWorker »»
19 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

19 by DigiCat »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.