Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 2, 2011 8:56 PM

Jul 2007

1/5...

zabimaru12 said:
still kinda better than Bleach atm....

errr...no.Bleach has been at its best right now. it has not been this good ever since FKT arc started.

EDIT: on another note, anyone wants to bet that the dragon slayers were taught and grew up IN celestial world? Would explain why they are so young, yet are "more than 80 years old" and why Zeref seems to know natsu
AhenshihaelDec 2, 2011 9:04 PM
Dec 2, 2011 10:51 PM
Jan 2011
there will be no nakama power up since this is a tournament, they'll be fighting alone, not unless its by pair,
Dec 2, 2011 11:05 PM

Aug 2009
ApRiL_mayu said:
there will be no nakama power up since this is a tournament, they'll be fighting alone, not unless its by pair,

Not true. As long as their love and friendship is in their hearts they will win. pssh
Dec 2, 2011 11:38 PM

Oct 2011
what a way to train xD hahaha poor fairytail..5 days remaining..
but that's a good way to quicken the pace of the manga..i'm tired of time skipping. -__-
the celestial world is so cool :3 and lots of Plues xD haha
Dec 3, 2011 12:28 AM

Jun 2009
haha. this whole chapter made me laugh! XDD
love it! ((:

especially the unusual craziness of the king.. LOL
Dec 3, 2011 1:39 AM
Mar 2010
I want Fairy Tail to get its ass handed to it in the tournament, and then use that as motivation to actually get stronger. If the main members manage any measure of prolonged succsess in the tournament I'm dropping this shit. Though I'll admit I did lol a bit on the last page.
Dec 3, 2011 3:05 AM

Feb 2010
lol i don't care chapter was freaking hilarious!
Dec 3, 2011 5:54 AM

Nov 2010
I want deep philosophical discourse and a thorough examination of the bounds of human morality and it's conflict with human irrationality...
OH WAIT OTL.

Do you want to train them or not, Mashima-sensei?
Dec 3, 2011 7:12 AM
Oct 2009
bskbob said:
lol i don't care chapter was freaking hilarious!

Very very true, regardless of what happens. C'mon guys, at this point all of you already know that the guys are going to end up winning/beating the villain in the same fashion: power-ups, emotional outbursts, friendship etc. etc. If you don't like it them go read something else, since Mashima has a very traditional shounen-esque style... Well, minus the training arcs. It's nice to get rid of them sometimes.
Dec 3, 2011 8:27 AM

Jul 2011
That expression after they found out they got screwed for the Great Magic Tournament? Priceless.
Dec 3, 2011 9:21 AM

Dec 2007
today's lesson, Never trust partying spirits. Spirit World is the greatest group of trolls ever assembled.
Dec 3, 2011 9:38 AM

Mar 2008
Okay let's stop and think for a moment. Fairy tail has become the weakest magic guild. The strongest members in fairy tail have been gone for 7 years.

The members who were missing for 7 years were a step above everyone else left in the guild, it's obvious with the return of the members they will breeze through the tournament.

I don't know what is with all the rage from a lot of the people in this thread, it only makes sense. When everyone was saying we're weak now, it's because the strongest members were missing.
Dec 3, 2011 10:15 AM

Mar 2008
"What the fuck is this shit?" is my reaction.
Dec 3, 2011 10:34 AM

Jun 2008
Did Mashima just made fun of Dragonball Z and Bleach? You little troll you.

Anyway. Look at the good side guys. it wasn't much of a training but training arcs are boring and as comedy goes the expression on there faces at the end was priceless.
This could actually be good if he doesn't make the mistake of making them win with another power of friendship thing.
Fighters like Erza am sure that they are still strong to fight but while in the past very few will be at there level i bet now there would be a good number of magicians just as strong and some that are better.

Gradation said:
1 day = 3 months doesn't make much sense. If Lucy can only summon certain spirits certain days. Then wouldn't that just mean that she's summoning the spirits like every 5-10 minutes in their world?

Ooops, you got him. But is more every few ours that 5-10 minutes since she doesn't call them just because it's their day or anything. She calls them only when she needs them.
Dec 3, 2011 11:08 AM
Jun 2010
razisgosu said:
Okay let's stop and think for a moment. Fairy tail has become the weakest magic guild. The strongest members in fairy tail have been gone for 7 years.

The members who were missing for 7 years were a step above everyone else left in the guild, it's obvious with the return of the members they will breeze through the tournament.

I don't know what is with all the rage from a lot of the people in this thread, it only makes sense. When everyone was saying we're weak now, it's because the strongest members were missing.

Hmmmm... but you got to understand that since the strongest were gone for 7 years that the weaker guilds/mages will become stronger than them with 7 years of training. It's not obvious that they're going to breeze through the tournament now that the strongest are back because they've had 7 years of standstill while the other guilds had 7 years to get stronger than them. Don't see how you find that obvious but I guess I can agree that they were weak because the strongest were missing.

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Dec 3, 2011 4:25 PM

Oct 2010
This is why DBZ is still the best. There you couldn't defeat an opponent without training, even if the training method was stupid or not. In FT, the nakama and willpower is all you need. Natsu and Erza won't loose, they almost never do...
Dec 3, 2011 4:29 PM

Jan 2008
Lmfao.

First the Fairy Tail crew gets trolled by the spirits for something serious. Then they get trolled again when they leave the world. Lastly we, the viewers, get trolled by the 3 month (plus the previous 7 year) time skip.

Man such a great shounen this is turning out to be.
Dec 3, 2011 6:07 PM

Apr 2009
Lol Gray look like Zeref in this chapter . 3 month time skip was way better than stupid 7 years time skip.
Dec 3, 2011 6:46 PM

May 2011
Am I the only one that thinks this "Great Magic Tournament" isn't going to be about fighting? I remember someone in the previous chapters saying, "no it's not what you think" or something like that. Perhaps there will be a battle, but I'm thinking it's going to be much more than fighting.

Regardless, I never cared about Lucy, Natsu, Gray or Erza. As long as LAXUS, Freed, Mira, Elfman and Cana get stronger, I'm good. Too bad about Wendy/Levy though, they shouldn't of followed those tards.
Dec 3, 2011 7:45 PM

Sep 2011
That sure fooled me. I thought the new arc would be "save the spirit realm from destruction arc" LOL. But at least it made the 3 months of wait before the tournament faster.

Dec 4, 2011 1:40 AM

Apr 2009
wasted chapter lol wtf ..
ah well..
Dec 4, 2011 7:09 AM

Jul 2009
Crimson_Cloud said:
This is why DBZ is still the best. There you couldn't defeat an opponent without training, even if the training method was stupid or not. In FT, the nakama and willpower is all you need. Natsu and Erza won't loose, they almost never do...

Agree 100%.
I'm an adult who got into DBZ as a child - I still love it and I'm not the blind loyal type - it's just general good writing with lots of material to discuss - and Akira Toriyama was under a tone of preasure.
I don't set a massive high standard for a manga as I like to be pleasantly suprised, yet it seems a lot of recent authors are stuck in the same rut - they start strong, then, possibly down to marketing, their writing dips into; 'what will impress the impressionable' - those of us who can predict what will happen next or have 'seen it all before' are left hoping things will improve.

-Shuda- said:

Regardless, I never cared about Lucy, Natsu, Gray or Erza. As long as LAXUS, Freed, Mira, Elfman and Cana get stronger, I'm good. Too bad about Wendy/Levy though, they shouldn't of followed those tards.

The funny thing is, if you include Gajelle, you're rooting for my fav' characters within this series.
In recent shounen's, the minors are significantly more interesting then the mains IMO - too much archtyping when it comes to mains, as it's the easy option (power-up's and ec=ventful fights aren't character traits), yet minors get depth the author doesn't have to explore; as they're just extra's. :(

Dec 4, 2011 8:51 AM
Nov 2011
I liked the chapter if I'm being honest. I know it totally ruined their training regimen but I never understood the reasoning behind why they were somehow weaker in the first place. The analogy I'd make is the All-Star team from seven years ago is still made up of all stars and is just as good years later. Sure there might be a new all star team now, but they were already defeating boss heads/adults before, so at the very worst they should be equal or have a small difference in power.

Also if Mashima wants to, he can easily say Spirit Food=Power up (I think it should, it's made from magical ingredients.) and Levy got a new Book. Levy at the very least will use that as a power-up.

Since everyone is making DBZ references. Then celestial food will be the sensu (don't know spelling.) beans.
Dec 4, 2011 10:41 AM

Nov 2008
damn this chapter reminds me of my studying sessions
goof off and think its only been a few minutes buts few hours have passed by
Dec 4, 2011 11:30 PM

Oct 2008
woooow that was cool XD we need fights :D
Dec 5, 2011 5:47 PM

Aug 2009
lol what the hell Mashima.. ._.
Such a lame chapter, really. I don't even..
He'd better start something interesting right now.
Dec 6, 2011 12:53 AM

Mar 2009
Dec 6, 2011 5:38 PM

Jul 2009
Mashima just trolled everyone with this chapter O_o
Dec 8, 2011 7:31 PM

Oct 2010
The 1 day = 3 months logic is full of holes.

Won't that mean that when Lucy was setting the "schedules" with the spirits, she was setting TIMINGS OF THE DAY instead of actual days? The spirits would be called out every other hour, maybe even minutes if 1 day = 3 months. And I remember Aquarius once telling Lucy that she will be on holiday for a month or so, wouldn't that be less than a day for her in the Spirit world?

And 7x12/3 = 28days, They have only been gone for slightly less than a month in spirit days.

Juvia and Aquarius getting along is pretty nice though.
Jun 16, 2012 2:09 AM
Jul 2018
LOL amazing
Oct 12, 2012 7:40 PM

Nov 2011
LOL @ troll ending.

I want to go to the celestial world someday tbh.
Oct 14, 2012 4:37 AM

May 2012
troll author + comedy genre= gold.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2017 3:38 AM

Feb 2013
They had a great time, but three months have passed, lol.
Mar 15, 2018 12:42 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I cann not stop to smile!!! lol They lost the 3 months for 1 day, party day, in Celestial World!!! kekeke
Sep 1, 2018 2:33 AM

Feb 2015
LOL That was pretty stupid, but honestly I prefer this over a dumb power up. At least the following fights are going to be really tough for once (at least I hope so).
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.