Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Dec 3, 2011 4:51 PM

Sep 2011
SoFarGone said:
kamikaze_1996 said:
GodlyKyon said:
SoFarGone said:
GodlyKyon said:
Pretty much. I really hoped this will be a New Code Geass. Guess I'll have o wait a few more months.

Too late. CG was entertaining in the beginning to the end. GC has failed to do that.

You didn't get it! What's a big anime that's coming out a few months......

in case your wondering i think he means the new code geass but dont get your hopes up because lelouch wont be the main character, instead it would be a guy called akito

oh you mean the prequel to CG. My bad I thought you were comparing Crown to it.

I was. but oh well I am trying to look forward to it. but since Lelouch isn't the main character I have 1/4 of the expectation.

W/e . show me what you have next week GC
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 3, 2011 4:52 PM

Jul 2011
SoFarGone said:

it isn't really a prequel, if im not mistaken it is based on 2017 around the time when zero/lelouch formed the black knights, its just that lelouch isn't the main character, but he might make an appearance, i just feel that akito wont be as awesome and epic as lelouch so the new GC wont be all that great
Dec 3, 2011 5:17 PM

Sep 2011
kamikaze_1996 said:
SoFarGone said:

it isn't really a prequel, if im not mistaken it is based on 2017 around the time when zero/lelouch formed the black knights, its just that lelouch isn't the main character, but he might make an appearance, i just feel that akito wont be as awesome and epic as lelouch so the new GC wont be all that great
it's CG at least in name. it's worth checking out. but I agree the characters will probably not be as satisfying. perhaps this can take place during the time when lelouch lost his memory?
Dec 3, 2011 5:29 PM

Jul 2011
GodlyKyon said:
kamikaze_1996 said:
SoFarGone said:

it's CG at least in name. it's worth checking out. but I agree the characters will probably not be as satisfying. perhaps this can take place during the time when lelouch lost his memory?

i never thought about that, imo it would be better if it was during the time when lelouch lost his memory, it would sort of fill in the time period between r1 and r2 and yea it certainly is worth checking out, im not one to call an anime shit without at least watching it
Dec 3, 2011 5:52 PM

Nov 2007
Shuu really was checking out those boobs. girl in the wheelchair wasn't so bad either.

how does Gai know everyone's voids anyway?

crappy interruption from Shuu, and everyone else was there.

was that Shuu's father or someone pretending to be him? vague.

I guess that one classmate that likes him will fall into the category of side girl who has no chance. why there always has to be one I have no idea.
Dec 3, 2011 5:55 PM

Sep 2011
kamikaze_1996 said:
GodlyKyon said:
kamikaze_1996 said:
SoFarGone said:

i never thought about that, imo it would be better if it was during the time when lelouch lost his memory, it would sort of fill in the time period between r1 and r2 and yea it certainly is worth checking out, im not one to call an anime shit without at least watching it

We are this far into GC already it's hard to say that.

well yes, This is actually what I imagined it to be when I first heard it to be. or hoped, filling up that 1 year gap would be much appreciate(maybe lelouch going onto a field trip or something)

kind of inspired one of the 70+ manga ideas i wrote last year
Dec 3, 2011 5:58 PM

Sep 2011
mystik said:
Shuu really was checking out those boobs. girl in the wheelchair wasn't so bad either.

how does Gai know everyone's voids anyway?

crappy interruption from Shuu, and everyone else was there.

was that Shuu's father or someone pretending to be him? vague.

I guess that one classmate that likes him will fall into the category of side girl who has no chance. why there always has to be one I have no idea.

I don't know either. Gai knows it because it's his ability. this is one of the reasons it's bad, nothing is explained.

and...... Ayase is the best
Dec 3, 2011 10:17 PM

Mar 2009
GOD DAMN. 13 PAGES!

I'm amazed at Guilty Crown's popularity. Seriously, why so popular? Because of its relation to Code Geass?
Dec 3, 2011 11:06 PM

Jun 2011
Mormegil said:
GOD DAMN. 13 PAGES!

I'm amazed at Guilty Crown's popularity. Seriously, why so popular? Because of its relation to Code Geass?

its more infamous than popular. Read the entire thread. Go on. lol
Dec 3, 2011 11:13 PM

Sep 2011
onedaysnotice said:
Mormegil said:
GOD DAMN. 13 PAGES!

its more infamous than popular. Read the entire thread. Go on. lol

Too true, only a small groupe of people is actually discussing about the "story". This is nothing compared to Steins; Gate's deserved popularity.

So much flaming from both sides......
Dec 4, 2011 3:26 AM

Feb 2011
To all you guys going "shu is a pussy" and "why is great animation being wasted on a piece of crap like Guilty Crown" you don't have to watch it you know? You keep bitching every single week, yet you crawl back to it every time to watch it. Another thing is why does everyone hate main characters that act like this? I saw the exact same bullshit on Deadman Wonderland about Ganta. I really don't understand unless your all Rambo in real life or something.
That aside i think this was a great episode, exactly what GC needed to lighten the mood from the last few episodes. The character development was also great, as was the bgms.
Dec 4, 2011 3:54 AM

Aug 2007
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Dec 4, 2011 4:23 AM

Jun 2008
onedaysnotice said:
Monad said:
onedaysnotice said:
Monad said:
Vizi_XRiliditian said:

Btw, this episode is pretty good, except for fanservices which not necessary, although i must say it's pretty good.

Are you kidding me? Nothing really exciting happened in terms of plot. The fan-service was the only good thing in this episode, how was it unnecessary? Why to all of you try to appear so prudent?
The episode was hardly full of interesting events that will make fan-service unnecessary.

How is a mum blatantly pressing her breasts on her son's head ever necessary? Or a girl putting a guy's arm between her breasts ever necessary? especially because it is a post pandemic society which is on the verge of a usurpation. Those are just two unnecessary scenes that comes to mind, I'm sure theres more. There are more creative ways that they can go about this 'fanservice', but these fanservices they've presented us just hearkens back to the over-the-top ecchi that ecchi animes try oh so hard to mash as much as they can into one episode. The 'fanservice' in GC is not nearly as bad as some ecchi animes can get, but it doesn't belong here - not if they want to be taken seriously.

What, now we are gonna analyze the type of fan-service and not whether the episode needed it?
What kind of show this is and whether that type of fanservice "doesn't belong" if the show wants to be "taken seriously". Well all i have to say is read the wall of text i wrote on top of this page.
This show isn't as serious as you people think. It never was. You are all confused because it seems you don't get this Japanese guys.
It's not the first show of this style that confuses people. They combine semi-serious staff with classic anime cliche and fan-service many times. This ain't LoGH, it's not THAT serious.
Get a clue on what you are watching.
Just because they put a story or a serious problem in the plot doesn't mean that is a heavy prudent kind of show. They often combine this staff putting serious moments and silly staff creating this type of shows where it's not a silly fanservice anime but is not an overall serious and heavy anime ether. It's not a first.

So you're saying to lower your expectations for this anime so far down, to the point that this show being a giant compendium of cliches and fanservices is considered fine and 'intentional'?. The first ep set the stage. They showed to us that Japan is just recovering from a massive pandemic, and that they are in constant conflict with some "terrorist" group. I do not see how fanservice comes into this and how this cannot be seen as 'serious'. You say that GC follows the style of combining serious aspects with cliches and fanservices, well I say that this anime has an identity crisis. This was one of the major things that restricted HOTD from greatness. HOTD, imo, (at the first few eps/chapters) established the 'zombie apocalypse' atmosphere perfectly, but the over-the-top ecchi that subsequently followed held it from being a 8.5 or 9, to being a 7 or 8. Choose one or the other ffs or if you're gonna do both, do the fanservices tastefully and in moderation.

Just because other animes have followed this style does not excuse GC for the untasteful use of fanservice. Think of the Kallen shower scene in CG. Now this is all from memory, but I remember that scene as being a mind game between Kallen and Lelouch on trying to discern each other's true identity. Now that was obviously fanservice, but it was done right - it actually had a reason. Meanwhile in GC, Hare's just putting Shu's arm in between her breast because she wants to one-up Inori, and his mum is pressing her boobs on him just for the fun of it. Yes I know that this series in not nearly on par with CG, but you would want to think that with a show with this much hype and financial backing, that they would hire a director that knows how to employ fanservice at the right moment.

In addition, this show isn't even funny, it doesn't even make me smile. A "serious" (and I'm saying serious because of how they established the anime with the first ep) anime 'intentionally' riddled with cliches without some sort of comedy to back it up/complement it and give reason to the fanservice, just makes it (imo) a failure on that front. It just ends up being a petty excuse to appeal to the horny prepubescent 12-year-olds (lol stereotype. I know that most of them are not like that, but you get what I mean). You can't expect the majority of people to suddenly change their mind and say 'oh this anime doesn't want to be taken seriously' after establishing such a serious background and undertones. If that's how GC was actually designed to be, then I just lost even more respect for it.

I still have hope for this anime, I really do. And this is shown with how I'm still watching this anime and critiquing it. I want this anime to get back on its feet and give us the same greatness that the first ep did. However when an anime gives an intro such as that, and then proceeds by spitting on your face, treating you like a child, then that is inexcusable. It is still an enjoyable anime, but it could've been so much more.

lol when I rant, I tend to forget why the heck I started in the first place. Please excuse any incoherencies.

The fact that you said such things for HOTD it means you really have problem realizing what you are served. The anime wasn't a post-apocalyptic show with fan-service. It was fan-service in a post-apocalyptic environment. Do you get the difference? It just that the makers made a decent enough story environment around it that actually is extra points in comparison with other fan-service shows. It wasn't a post-apocalyptic story that was losing intensity from fan-service because with out fan-service HOTD wouldn't have been made.

Anyway GC isn't exactly really like that put still i can't stop laughing at your first episode impressions. Maybe is because i have seen so much anime that i can understand it but seriously the things you said about it are completely wrong. The first episode didn't set an environment like you say and it wasn't that awesome ether. It was full of hints that this was the show you where gonna get.
Half-naked girl find by unknown schoolboy protagonist- Oh please can you get more cliche? Boy getting super sword for ending. from sexy girls chest, bishounen leader guy, nya kind of girl handling computer 3d environment and so on and so on. And then you have second episode with the classic moment of unknown sexy girl enlisting in the same school and being in the same class that is like the TOP of anime cliches.
Seriously what kind of show did you think it was?
Anyway if it will make you feel any better this show will most likely be more focus at the story in the ending episodes.

BTW, how about all the fan-service Code Geass had with the school festivals and staff or all the ass shots the half naked CC was giving while lying in bed or the couch? That weren't intense plot moments but they where there. You seem to forgot all that.
So you see the problem isn't the fan-service but the content you got really and because you wanted to get more you just blame the fan-service. I could easily make the episode with the same scene of his mother rubbing her boobs on him and then put a lot of awesome other staff that will make you not even comment at it. The irony is that like that then rubbing was really unnecessary since i had so much other awesome staff. But anyway in shows like this the fan-service isn't there problem, the way the story is presented is.
MonadDec 4, 2011 4:31 AM
Dec 4, 2011 6:10 AM

Dec 2010
I had such high hopes for GC.... the first episode was topnotch but the show just went way downhill from there. After seeing this Shu x Mother incest forced upon me in the opening minute of the show, I've decided I've had enough of this.
Dec 4, 2011 7:43 AM

Sep 2011
Omegadark said:
To all you guys going "shu is a pussy" and "why is great animation being wasted on a piece of crap like Guilty Crown" you don't have to watch it you know? You keep bitching every single week, yet you crawl back to it every time to watch it. Another thing is why does everyone hate main characters that act like this? I saw the exact same bullshit on Deadman Wonderland about Ganta. I really don't understand unless your all Rambo in real life or something.
That aside i think this was a great episode, exactly what GC needed to lighten the mood from the last few episodes. The character development was also great, as was the bgms.

I have to laugh at this despite being neutral. First of all, GC is a very average show in terms of character and plot. But it's not bad enough for people to drop before let's say, a season(11-12 eps). However, this show was hyped up a lot before it's actual release. So many people had too high of an expectations to it and points out many superficial detail. But some of them are really stupid.

Oh, also, the (main) characters are not exactly lovable. Gai being a douchebag and Inori being a sex doll, and Shu, my favorite of the 3, being a cockblocker and has his reasons all over the place.

But overall, it might be the fans' fault that the series warranted so much hate. They made it out to be a CG before it even begun, and it resulted in a failure that can be called TGE greatest we had this year.

Still, try to watch on. This nit the worst of the season but definitely nit the best(Fate Zero, Mirai Nikki, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
Dec 4, 2011 8:03 AM

Jul 2011
GodlyKyon said:

I have to laugh at this despite being neutral. First of all, GC is a very average show in terms of character and plot. But it's not bad enough for people to drop before let's say, a season(11-12 eps). However, this show was hyped up a lot before it's actual release. So many people had too high of an expectations to it and points out many superficial detail. But some of them are really stupid.

Oh, also, the (main) characters are not exactly lovable. Gai being a douchebag and Inori being a sex doll, and Shu, my favorite of the 3, being a cockblocker and has his reasons all over the place.

But overall, it might be the fans' fault that the series warranted so much hate. They made it out to be a CG before it even begun, and it resulted in a failure that can be called TGE greatest we had this year.

Still, try to watch on. This nit the worst of the season but definitely nit the best(Fate Zero, Mirai Nikki, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)

Don't really agree with people being more hard on it because of how hyped it was. It's not the case with me, anyway. Since I didn't know much about the show before I watched it I wasn't really exposed to much hype. Still think the writing is dreadful, though.
Dec 4, 2011 8:11 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Guilty Crown: nice animation, action sequences and soundtracks

Plot: It's like EDEN essentially... a potentially seinen setting, but nearly RUINED by:
Character: Huh, this is were it's getting a bit problematic...
Fanservice: wtf facepalm hard

The fix: I am still waiting for a time skip :D
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 4, 2011 9:16 AM

Dec 2010
I love this show :D
Dec 4, 2011 10:58 AM

Feb 2011
so gay
the last scene reminds me with stein;gate
Dec 4, 2011 12:30 PM

May 2011
There are so many mystery characters we don't know about lol. Wonder who is Keldo and what relation he's got with Shu's dad? He used his ID card, hmmm.

Shu sure gets jealous easily and the way Inori give him looks with some blushes makes me think they are getting somewhere. Loving this anime so far.
Dec 4, 2011 12:32 PM

Dec 2010
Decent episode. Pointless fan service should've just focused on that Keido guy and maybe some input on what that rock actually is.
There doesn't need to be any fan service in this type of anime I don't know why they are putting it in.
Also it feels as though the romance in the anime is just being forced all of a sudden there's a load of love triangles now it was good enough with just Shu and Inori.
Dec 4, 2011 1:41 PM

Oct 2011
Cirris said:
WTF is it with GHQ leaders shooting people in the head for very little reason?!?

BTW someone asked who Keido(keigo) was. He's the head Researcher that Segai consults with and Haruka works under. I don't think he's related to Shu. Though he does seem to be at the age where he most likely worked with Shu's deceased father.

The more I watch this the more I realize that the whole premise of Guilty Crown is the slowly reverse engineer the backstory and plot until at the end they hope it'll all make sense.

Poor Hare. She's doing her best to get Shu to look her way, but it's no use. miss quiet and bland bubblegum haired girl has got Shu by the balls.

Lol, the leader shot that guard due to identity problems, he doesn't look like he wanted to be traced does he?
Hello :D
Dec 4, 2011 2:05 PM

Feb 2008
Hare is actually quite hot :D
Dec 4, 2011 2:48 PM

Aug 2009
CHILDHOOD FRIEND ROUTE. ALL DAY ERR DAY.

Heck, truth be told I'm kinda backing any romance option BUT Inori. I don't know if it's because she's been "main" girl from the get-go, but she's just not that compelling at this point romance-wise. I'd much rather see Shu x Hare or Shu x Ayase get developed :/
Ha-cha!
Dec 4, 2011 3:41 PM

Sep 2011
LightningRamiel said:
CHILDHOOD FRIEND ROUTE. ALL DAY ERR DAY.

Heck, truth be told I'm kinda backing any romance option BUT Inori. I don't know if it's because she's been "main" girl from the get-go, but she's just not that compelling at this point romance-wise. I'd much rather see Shu x Hare or Shu x Ayase get developed :/

Sake with me, Inori is do boring. I can't care for her like the way I did with Yuki Nagato.
Dec 4, 2011 5:48 PM

Feb 2011
Why do people still think Inori is a sex slave when 5 minutes later it clearly shows what they were doing, which was not sex. Also in regards to Inori's character, i feel like theres a reason that she acts the way she does. But it looks like shes gradually opening up more to people because of Shu and in this episode Souta.
OmegadarkDec 4, 2011 5:55 PM
Dec 4, 2011 5:55 PM

Sep 2011
Omegadark said:
Why do people still think Inori is a sex slave when 5 minutes later it clearly shows what they were doing, which was not sex.

I'll yell you why. It's nit much if a "sex slave". But more of a doormat slave in general to Gai. Everyone in the series is so gay for him besides Shu(the very reason why I like him).

Also, they COULD have had sex.
Dec 4, 2011 6:11 PM

Feb 2011
GodlyKyon said:
Omegadark said:
Why do people still think Inori is a sex slave when 5 minutes later it clearly shows what they were doing, which was not sex.

I'll yell you why. It's nit much if a "sex slave". But more of a doormat slave in general to Gai. Everyone in the series is so gay for him besides Shu(the very reason why I like him).

You didn't have to yell, but honestly i think Gai is a good leader. Which is why everyone in the series is "gay" for him. Hes been shown to be able to solve pretty much any problem and make the most effective plans to maximize survival rates. Also after that episode of Gai telling Shu the way he really feels about being leader, it made me think of Gai as a pretty cool guy as did Shu.

Also, i'm almost positive that Inori is that other girl with pink hairs' clone or maybe her void or something. I also think that the pink hair girl is Gai's sister. Though i could be wrong.
Dec 4, 2011 6:11 PM

Sep 2010
GodlyKyon said:
Omegadark said:

They could have, but they didn't. I don't think Shu is that type of character who would just randomly sleep with some girl he barely knows. He isn't Makoto here. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 4, 2011 6:47 PM

Sep 2011
Omegadark said:
GodlyKyon said:
Omegadark said:

You didn't have to yell, but honestly i think Gai is a good leader. Which is why everyone in the series is "gay" for him. Hes been shown to be able to solve pretty much any problem and make the most effective plans to maximize survival rates. Also after that episode of Gai telling Shu the way he really feels about being leader, it made me think of Gai as a pretty cool guy as did Shu.

Also, i'm almost positive that Inori is that other girl with pink hairs' clone or maybe her void or something. I also think that the pink hair girl is Gai's sister. Though i could be wrong.

I didn't want to do this but here we go:

gai is NOT a good leader.
he constantly risks his organization's survival rate by assigning dangerous missions that can get himself killed. and also, he always does reckless things that normally would just be for show off. he exposed himself to the public so easily, and shown his face to enemy headquarters millions of times. he could've gotten killed a thousand times over.
the infatuation his organization has over him is unexplained. everyone is so in love with him it's stupid. we needs to explain their reasons. usually 1 person does something so unhealthy for an organization he would've been blamed.

Roloko said:
GodlyKyon said:
Omegadark said:

They could have, but they didn't. I don't think Shu is that type of character who would just randomly sleep with some girl he barely knows. He isn't Makoto here. xD

I was talking about Gai and Inori. that's waht everyone in the organization feels. and honest, do you think Inori would've refused if Gai told her to do that?

If you answer was no, then there you go. The directors has created a feeling that Inori is a sex slave doormat in our minds
Dec 4, 2011 6:49 PM

Jul 2011
GodlyKyon said:
The directors has created a feeling that Inori is a sex slave doormat in our minds

Mhmm.
Dec 4, 2011 7:18 PM

Feb 2011
GodlyKyon said:
Omegadark said:
GodlyKyon said:
Omegadark said:

he constantly risks his organization's survival rate by assigning dangerous missions that can get himself killed. and also, he always does reckless things that normally would just be for show off. he exposed himself to the public so easily, and shown his face to enemy headquarters millions of times. he could've gotten killed a thousand times over.
the infatuation his organization has over him is unexplained. everyone is so in love with him it's stupid. we needs to explain their reasons. usually 1 person does something so unhealthy for an organization he would've been blamed.

Roloko said:
GodlyKyon said:
Omegadark said:

I was talking about Gai and Inori. that's waht everyone in the organization feels. and honest, do you think Inori would've refused if Gai told her to do that?

If you answer was no, then there you go. The directors has created a feeling that Inori is a sex slave doormat in our minds

Every action has its risks,very few leaders are able to completely nullify the danger and finish missions with absolutely zero casualties.
The people in Funeral Parlor love him because out of everyone there, he is the best suited person to be leader. I believe he is the kind of man that would gladly step down from his position as leader if a person more suited wanted to be leader. A few episodes back it was also shown that Gai would gladly die for the sake of furthering his goal.
Another reason could be that Gai is a pretty smooth talker, as seen with how he talked to Ayase and Arisa.

As for showing himself to GHQ and putting himself out in the battlefield. He probably just doesn't care. Forgive me for comparing the two but, Osama Bin laden showed his face instead of remaining anonymous too.
Also whenever Gai is out on the battlefield he usually has a plan that ensures his survival, like in ep 2 with the kaleidoscope and lasers.
Dec 4, 2011 9:18 PM

Sep 2011
Omegadark said:
GodlyKyon said:
Omegadark said:
GodlyKyon said:
Omegadark said:

Roloko said:
GodlyKyon said:
Omegadark said:

Every action has its risks,very few leaders are able to completely nullify the danger and finish missions with absolutely zero casualties.
The people in Funeral Parlor love him because out of everyone there, he is the best suited person to be leader. I believe he is the kind of man that would gladly step down from his position as leader if a person more suited wanted to be leader. A few episodes back it was also shown that Gai would gladly die for the sake of furthering his goal.
Another reason could be that Gai is a pretty smooth talker, as seen with how he talked to Ayase and Arisa.

As for showing himself to GHQ and putting himself out in the battlefield. He probably just doesn't care. Forgive me for comparing the two but, Osama Bin laden showed his face instead of remaining anonymous too.
Also whenever Gai is out on the battlefield he usually has a plan that ensures his survival, like in ep 2 with the kaleidoscope and lasers.

I'm too tired to answer this but I'm sure Osama didn't run up to a tank (endlave) and try to destroy it. Doesn't caring = bad leading. He needs to care, or else why establish this organization. In fact, why is it even made for? Why did the people join, were they just purely charmed by him?

Aol answer u later maybe.
Dec 4, 2011 11:16 PM

Feb 2010
pretty good episode (minus the stupid fanservice...)

I hope it continues to improve...
Dec 5, 2011 12:58 AM

Jan 2011
OH YEAH! Inori shoots gun out of man's hand and knees him in the face
then returns to girlish running -____-

This show...could be so much better
Dec 5, 2011 2:20 AM

Dec 2010
Yep its all the directors fault in directing obviously impossible scenes just like what happened on this episode, where she kicked the guard in just a split second from the other side of the room, lolol. But none the less, I ignore that and I actually come to loove this series. :3
Dec 5, 2011 2:22 AM

Apr 2010
This show is so damn inconsistant, but I am still very curious where some of the unanswered questions are going to lead. And it's enjoyable enough, at least.
Dec 5, 2011 4:18 AM

Oct 2010
I saw the preview for next episode. Source:
http://www.guilty-crown.jp/story/#08
looks they will shift to drama/action. It will disgusting to see the poor struggle of that person in the preview. I am also interested in the person in the bed. Who is it?

Inori x Gai? I hope it's not too serious, Inori looks regretting something there.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 5, 2011 6:35 AM

Sep 2010
This episode was done pretty nicely, they combined a filler with a part of the story in a good way.
Souta liking Inori was pretty unexpected, and the confession especially.
Dec 5, 2011 1:11 PM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
looks they will shift to drama/action. It will disgusting to see the poor struggle of that person in the preview. I am also interested in the person in the bed. Who is it?

Inori x Gai? I hope it's not too serious, Inori looks regretting something there.

I don't know about any bed, but it's probably Yahiro's brother as the episode is probably his condition getting worse and Shu getting caught up in it (because of Gai?) and being forced to confront Yahiro.
Ha-cha!
Dec 5, 2011 4:05 PM

Oct 2010
LightningRamiel said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I don't know about any bed, but it's probably Yahiro's brother as the episode is probably his condition getting worse and Shu getting caught up in it (because of Gai?) and being forced to confront Yahiro.
Ah yes Yahiro's brother. Then it could like this episode, a reconciliation and ultimatum that all can change even if they betrayed before.

I hope it will not be cliche but I doubt it. Ultimately Yahiro going back into the ranks with Shu would be nice but I am more interested what Yahiro's void has for functions.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 5, 2011 4:45 PM

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
LightningRamiel said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Ah yes Yahiro's brother. Then it could like this episode, a reconciliation and ultimatum that all can change even if they betrayed before.

I hope it will not be cliche but I doubt it. Ultimately Yahiro going back into the ranks with Shu would be nice but I am more interested what Yahiro's void has for functions.

It better not be. And how's the guy in your avatar? Forgot his Anne in manga; haven't got that far.
Dec 5, 2011 8:26 PM

Nov 2011
Here's a weird thought.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Shu's ability to draw out Voids, could be used to cure, or provide temporary relief from the Virus? Surely, it isn't just for what it's currently being used for?
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Dec 6, 2011 3:47 AM

Aug 2010
So they established that Shu has romantic feelings towards Inori (news at eleven!), who is still mystery. Also an acquaintance of Shu's father is in the picture now. Quite a wasted episode. At least the "Inori is my..." scene was funny as hell. 3/5.
Dec 6, 2011 3:50 AM

Oct 2011
great episode - this show has really grown on me as it's proceeded - beautiful art, great romance, thrilling plot twists - shu seems to have really matured in this episode.
Dec 6, 2011 5:17 AM

Nov 2011
octal9 said:
great episode - this show has really grown on me as it's proceeded - beautiful art, great romance, thrilling plot twists - shu seems to have really matured in this episode.

Sarcasm I assume?

The scene with Daryl was the only thing I liked about this ep, made me want to hug the poor guy... and yes I know he murdered some mom in front of her son but honestly, if you refuse vaccination for a disease that devastated your country you're not really getting any sympathy from me. Even if the vaccines turn out to be some sinister plot the writers pulled out of their asses.
Dec 6, 2011 3:36 PM

Feb 2011
GodlyKyon said:
Omegadark said:
GodlyKyon said:
Omegadark said:
GodlyKyon said:
Omegadark said:

Roloko said:
GodlyKyon said:
Omegadark said:

I'm too tired to answer this but I'm sure Osama didn't run up to a tank (endlave) and try to destroy it. Doesn't caring = bad leading. He needs to care, or else why establish this organization. In fact, why is it even made for? Why did the people join, were they just purely charmed by him?

Aol answer u later maybe.

Its not that Gai doesn't care, he showed that a few episodes back. The people there are in the organization because they are fighting to free Japan from GHQ. They all joined knowing the risks.
Try putting yourself in Gai's shoes, it's either sacrifice a few people to win or lose the fight and have everyone else die.

One more thing, you said not caring= bad leading? I'm pretty sure tons of wars were won in the past and maybe even some presently by leaders sending soldiers out on suicide missions as diversions or something.
Dec 6, 2011 5:02 PM

Aug 2011
Mephist said:
octal9 said:

Sarcasm I assume?

26 out of his 68 completed anime are 10s. Nothing on his list is rated below 7. GC is a 7 on his list.

I doubt it's sarcasm.
Dec 6, 2011 8:41 PM

Sep 2008
This was such a painful experience. I lost count of all the flaws in this episode.

Makes me wish I dropped it at ep 7 so I never would've gotten the chance to see this garbage.
Dec 6, 2011 10:35 PM

Jul 2011
SoFarGone said:
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. It was another boring episode. Unfortunately I'm still watching this in hopes of something good happen. It did have character development which is a good thing.

QFT. So far this series seems to be going down the road of a 6/10 series.
Shameless self-promotion: http://www.pernerple.com/
Slyr3do0n said:
MAL is the dark underbelly of the anime community. While other naive fanboys and fangirls run around in real life forming clubs and squealing in deafening high pitch noises about their favourite animus, we remain here, meticulously dismantling the credibility of each and every show, until all that remains is a steaming pile of tropes and ass pulls which we then devour to gratiyfy our glutinous and masochistic desires.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.