Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2013 5:12 PM
Jun 2013
Wow... I watched the romance between Sabre and Shiro and it just ended like mine did in real life...bummer. I think I'm gonna go watch something a little less depressing. The End of Evangelion maybe.
Jul 17, 2013 3:14 AM

Jan 2012
That was a sad ending. Still, the pacing was bad, and the show overall did give me some gripes. Though the fighting scenes weren't that bad.
Jul 17, 2013 11:58 PM

Jul 2007
jugann said:
Still, the pacing was bad,

Gee, ya think?

Its ~50 hour long source material of three routes that CONFLICT WITH EACH OTHER, mashed together with random filler into 12 hour series

Of course it has pacing problems.
Jul 28, 2013 2:15 AM
Jul 2018
Well, well, well, I finally finished this series. It wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible. I thought it would be worse, but I guess since i've never read the VN, I have nothing to compare it to. I liked the ending, sad as it was. I was hoping for some cryptic hint that Saber might still be in the present time period after Shiro ran off. I'll definitely have to read up what else happened in the VN. And i'll watch UBW next. And now I can't wait for the new Fate/Stay Night anime, whenever that's coming out.

Final Ratings:
+Awesome Battle Scenes
+Most of the last half of the series, except for a few parts
+Ending
+/-Main character started off really annoying, but somewhat redeemed himself by the end
-First 10ish episodes
-Pacing
-Wish more characters had scene time

Final Rating: 8/10
Jul 28, 2013 2:18 AM

Aug 2009
StormSky92 said:
Well, well, well, I finally finished this series. It wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible. I thought it would be worse, but I guess since i've never read the VN, I have nothing to compare it to. I liked the ending, sad as it was. I was hoping for some cryptic hint that Saber might still be in the present time period after Shiro ran off. I'll definitely have to read up what else happened in the VN. And i'll watch UBW next. And now I can't wait for the new Fate/Stay Night anime, whenever that's coming out.

Final Ratings:
+Awesome Battle Scenes
+Ending
+/-Main character started off really annoying, but somewhat redeemed himself by the end
-First 10ish episodes
-Pacing

Now stop before you watch the movie and go read the VN.
Jul 28, 2013 4:02 AM

Jul 2007
StormSky92 said:

Final Ratings:
+Awesome Battle Scenes
+Ending
-First 10ish episodes
-Pacing

you really should not have watched this show and you REALLY should not watch the movie.
Aug 9, 2013 2:06 PM

Apr 2013
Good but the VN was way better ^_^
Aug 22, 2013 9:18 PM
Aug 2012
Just finished this...It left a complicated taste in my mouth, but I can't help but deny I enjoyed the anime. Ending is still pulling at me, Endings like that leave me feeling worse than bad endings sometimes -.-
Aug 25, 2013 2:48 AM

May 2013
Lord_isnan2009 said:
Just finished this...It left a complicated taste in my mouth, but I can't help but deny I enjoyed the anime. Ending is still pulling at me, Endings like that leave me feeling worse than bad endings sometimes -.-

go to youtube and search "fate realta nua true end" or "fate realta nua last episode"

this is the true end of FATE

or here http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20397/
Aug 25, 2013 4:07 AM

Aug 2009
na35899 said:
Lord_isnan2009 said:

go to youtube and search "fate realta nua true end" or "fate realta nua last episode"

No this is just fanservice for saber fans.
Aug 25, 2013 5:15 AM

Jul 2007
na35899 said:
Lord_isnan2009 said:

Nope

Its an end of fate ROUTE, which is open to about a thousand different interpretations. The only one that makes sense is that its dying Shirou's hallucination.

Considering ALL THREE ROUTES ARE EQUALY CANON. There's no "true end" to fsn.
Sep 5, 2013 6:56 PM

Dec 2012
I think its a pretty good series, one of the more memorable ones. Shirou nearly ruined the show for me at first, but he improved a lot towards the end once he got rid of his hero complex and trying to solve things by himself. The ending was satisfying and marks a good end to the series. 7/10 for enjoyment imo
ClawViperSep 7, 2013 7:39 PM
Sep 6, 2013 4:24 AM

Aug 2009
ClawViper7 said:
I think its a pretty good series, one of the more memorable ones. Shirou nearly ruined the show for me at first, but he improved a lot towards the end once he got rid of his hero complex and trying to solve things by himself. The ending was satisfying and marks a good end to the series. 8/10 for enjoyment imo

When did that happen?Fate route is pretty much Shirou being blind to all that is wrong with his ideal.
Sep 6, 2013 8:58 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
ClawViper7 said:
I think its a pretty good series, one of the more memorable ones. Shirou nearly ruined the show for me at first, but he improved a lot towards the end once he got rid of his hero complex and trying to solve things by himself. The ending was satisfying and marks a good end to the series. 8/10 for enjoyment imo

When did that happen?Fate route is pretty much Shirou being blind to all that is wrong with his ideal.

Not really blind. Dude is very well aware of the futility of his ideals and how they clash with real world. He knows its hypocritical, impossible, foolish, childish, etc. He simply does not care about that.

Basically fate route is all about "if nothing in the world is how it should be, then I will be living according to how it should be". Fate route is pretty much a mutual lesson of pointlessness of regret, for Saber and Shirou
Sep 8, 2013 9:54 AM

Oct 2012
Nice ending, the same as it is in novel, at this time one they did it right.

As for whole series, I would say that the first half of it has captured the mood of the game just fine but second part made it horrible mess by mixing all three routes together and inventing new things which was unnecessary. This way creators made some plotholes and logic inconsistences. And without knowing Shirou's internal thoughts anime-only viewers were left with his uncomplete image of stupid hot-headed character though no way he was such character in the game. But at least those two last episode stood true to original and that's great.

In the end I have to say I had both great time and lame moments with this anime.To anyone who wants to see real version of this story I strongly recommend playing the game which is a lot better, carries more emotions and has better impact on reader.

7/10
Sep 8, 2013 10:26 AM

Oct 2012
Fai said:
Nope
Its an end of fate ROUTE, which is open to about a thousand different interpretations. The only one that makes sense is that its dying Shirou's hallucination.
Considering ALL THREE ROUTES ARE EQUALY CANON. There's no "true end" to fsn.

Well, you are right that it is a part of Realta Nua but it was written by fans and put there intentionally as fanservice. Kinoko Nasu didn't write or approved of this ending. And even that - it was just a dream.

You can tell from last words of redone fate route ending:
Sep 20, 2013 7:32 PM
Jul 2018
Great anime, I liked it. Saber-chan is awesome! I feel that this anime is way too underrated, but oh well.
Sep 21, 2013 3:18 PM

Aug 2010
Jakerific said:
Great anime, I liked it. Saber-chan is awesome! I feel that this anime is way too underrated, but oh well.

Underrated? No way it's 35 in popularity on this site. And it has a pretty decent rating. It's far from underrated.
Sep 25, 2013 5:49 AM

Jul 2013
Nearly put off it by some comments of over-rated etc. but thoroughly enjoyed it. Normally don't mind the sacrificial ending, but considering how part of it was based on how over sacrificial the main two characters were would've been nice for it to not end that way.

Loves and her and would hate to see her die, but let her die for her pride, brilliant. Pretty sure pride isn't immortal and you lose the sense of it when you die.
One day we will come upon each other, and for that day my claws, teeth, ears, hands and hair are at the ready.
Sep 25, 2013 6:09 AM

Aug 2009
DriveYouCrazy said:
Nearly put off it by some comments of over-rated etc. but thoroughly enjoyed it. Normally don't mind the sacrificial ending, but considering how part of it was based on how over sacrificial the main two characters were would've been nice for it to not end that way.

Loves and her and would hate to see her die, but let her die for her pride, brilliant. Pretty sure pride isn't immortal and you lose the sense of it when you die.

You missed the point where she would "die" anyway.
Choice 1:Accept the Grail,make a wish,die along with several other people like with what happened in the previous war.Search for another Holy Grail.
Choice 2:Successfully destroy the Grail,return to her time and go to Avalon where she will remain(alive) after her death in earth.
Choice 3- If the grail could grant wishes-:Change history and die.

You should have known that this was her fate since the beginning.Either you didnt pay attention or they failed to explain it(most likely).And this is why this http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=635739&show=20 thread exists.

Also
>calls it overrated
>gives it 9
wat?
Sep 25, 2013 6:47 AM

Jul 2013
> Didn't call it overrated
> Said nearly put off by it being called overrated
> Learn to read

Referring to the fourth option of having her drink water from the Grail.
One day we will come upon each other, and for that day my claws, teeth, ears, hands and hair are at the ready.
Sep 25, 2013 8:20 AM

Aug 2009
DriveYouCrazy said:
> Didn't call it overrated
> Said nearly put off by it being called overrated
> Learn to read

Referring to the fourth option of having her drink water from the Grail.

Some syntax would help.

There is no fourth option.If she drinks from it she would be hurt or even die because the mud is VERY harmful to spirits.
Oct 22, 2013 4:24 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
skules said:
Great anime, Absolutely shit ending

Exactly, I expected them to be together to the end... I dont care if it isnt the most realistic aproach, I want to see the characters I invest time with, rewarded and having a happy ending, this kind of story asked for that!
Oct 22, 2013 4:27 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
MarcusSensory1 said:
Wow... I watched the romance between Sabre and Shiro and it just ended like mine did in real life...bummer. I think I'm gonna go watch something a little less depressing. The End of Evangelion maybe.
That is depressing but at the same time is beautiful, deep and very emotional... good luck!
Oct 22, 2013 9:30 PM

Aug 2009
Playcool said:
skules said:
Great anime, Absolutely shit ending

Exactly, I expected them to be together to the end... I dont care if it isnt the most realistic aproach, I want to see the characters I invest time with, rewarded and having a happy ending, this kind of story asked for that!
No it never asked for it.And thank god they didnt made up a real bs original ending too.
Oct 23, 2013 2:09 PM

Apr 2013
I wouldn't say it was a bad anime, but the pacing of it was just way to slow. D:
Loved Saber, but Shirou was just annoying.
Decent show. :/
Oct 25, 2013 4:22 PM

Aug 2011
CRAP.

Meh. Stay Night was the Fate worst rute.

8/10.
Oct 25, 2013 9:33 PM

Aug 2009
Natodayo said:
CRAP.

Meh. Stay Night was the Fate worst rute.

8/10.

FATE is the worst route of Fate/Stay Night.
FFS.It isnt that difficult to NOT mix up the title with the routes.

And what the fuck does CRAP even mean when you give an 8?
Nov 11, 2013 10:15 AM

Jan 2013
Really a pain to get through. Didn't do the source material justice and even the anime only part was kind of meh. I guess they wanted to really throw in the part about Rin and Sakura being sisters. Can't wait for the new adaptation.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Nov 17, 2013 9:56 PM

Mar 2013
Can someone explain the ending to me please. Is she going back to the present time where shirou is or is she disappearing for good?
Nov 18, 2013 3:56 AM

Aug 2009
Bluballz said:
Can someone explain the ending to me please. Is she going back to the present time where shirou is or is she disappearing for good?
She went to Avalon, the place where King Arthur is supposed to go after his "death" in order to heal his injuries.
Nov 23, 2013 10:52 PM

Nov 2012
shayryu said:
I wouldn't say it was a bad anime, but the pacing of it was just way to slow. D:
Loved Saber, but Shirou was just annoying.
Decent show. :/

Agreed aside Shirou.
Shirou's voice actor was Sam Regal so I automatically liked him. xD

Anyways.
As mentioned, I didn't like the pacing. Action scenes were 'decent'. I thought I'd like this one a lot more though.

6/10.
Dec 9, 2013 2:55 PM
Nov 2013
When Shiro said he was going to set his sights high and reach his goal, does he mean trying to see Saber again? I interpreted it as him talking about some other random goal. He was at peace with it, makes more sense to move on. Note I am talking about how the anime interpreted it not the VN, but you can mention both if needed.
Dec 9, 2013 11:01 PM

Aug 2009
Stanfoo said:
When Shiro said he was going to set his sights high and reach his goal, does he mean trying to see Saber again? I interpreted it as him talking about some other random goal. He was at peace with it, makes more sense to move on. Note I am talking about how the anime interpreted it not the VN, but you can mention both if needed.
How about his goal of saving people?
Dec 10, 2013 12:22 AM
Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
How about his goal of saving people?

Makes sense, just wanted to know for sure.
Jan 3, 2014 11:25 AM

Sep 2013
so at the end, he did not order her to drink from the cup for her to stay in present time. She went back to her time and basically died like king arthur was supposed to.

Also what got me a little curious was that, 'archer' is basically 'shirou' right? so that means tosaka called him from the future? so and he end up dying. So this anime has some time travel? it it plus it also has a time loop? a paradox better said, am i wrong?

rated it 7/10 because ending was not the very good. I know we can't always get what we want but come on.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Jan 3, 2014 12:17 PM

Jul 2007
Jose07 said:
so at the end, he did not order her to drink from the cup for her to stay in present time. She went back to her time and basically died like king arthur was supposed to.

Also what got me a little curious was that, 'archer' is basically 'shirou' right? so that means tosaka called him from the future? so and he end up dying. So this anime has some time travel? it it plus it also has a time loop? a paradox better said, am i wrong?

rated it 7/10 because ending was not the very good. I know we can't always get what we want but come on.

There are no paradoxes.

FSN storyline(The real one not this trainwreck adaptation) is made of three different versions of the same war, existing all at once.

Archer essentially is from the future of a "different" reality. What's the deal with him is explained in one of other routes/outcomes. If the upcoming remake by ufotable covers all three, it will be clear then.

The very idea of nasuverse is that its a multiverse. Hundreds of different universes. The very basis of it is explaining the histories of various characters through different parallel versions of the storyline. Tsukihime events take place in multiple parallel universes. Kara No Kyoukai take place in another parallel universe. Mahou Tsukai No Yoru - in yet another one. Notes takes place in future of yet another one.

Each universe shares similar laws of reality, magic concepts, even characters sometimes, but takes place in different version of the world.

In terms of fate side of it, You have a version where all magic died in 70's(due to events related to Tsukihime character) leading to a very cyberpunk future, you have a version where fate/zero events went in entirely different direction, you have a version where third war events led to a very different 5th war and you have all the universes that Fate/Stay Night consists of - the main Three ones - fate, UBW and Heaven's Feel, all three branching off from a certain decision the protagonist does, all three equally canon , and then one for each possible bad end. Archer simply comes from one of thousands possible outcomes of this war.
AhenshihaelJan 3, 2014 3:06 PM
Jan 3, 2014 3:29 PM

Aug 2009
Jose07 said:

If he had ordered her to drink the mud,she would have died and the grail would still be there to cause destruction.Every Servant not named Gilgamesh CANNOT survive when coming in contact with the mud.
There was no way for her to stay in his time.
Jan 3, 2014 3:46 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Jose07 said:

If he had ordered her to drink the mud,she would have died and the grail would still be there to cause destruction.Every Servant not named Gilgamesh CANNOT survive when coming in contact with the mud.

Here's an offtopic thought - could someone like Saber Nero survive the mud? She IS as egoistic and as self-centered as Gil after all, claiming to surpass gods with her glory and mind.
Jan 3, 2014 3:53 PM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:
Jose07 said:

Here's an offtopic thought - could someone like Saber Nero survive the mud? She IS as egoistic and as self-centered as Gil after all, claiming to surpass gods with her glory and mind.

I dont know.Never played with her.But I am willing to say no.Well she may need 2 times the amount others need.
Jan 3, 2014 4:47 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Fai said:
ssjokg said:
Jose07 said:

I dont know.Never played with her.But I am willing to say no.Well she may need 2 times the amount others need.

She believes the player should be beyond honored to have her as her servant. She believes to be beyond perfect, glorifying every single action she takes and having certain level of OCD with everything she does needing to be perfect as "fit of her", does not matter whether you agree or not with her being your servant(if you say you disagree, she pretty much accounts that to being some sort of fluke with your brain and says that she will forgive you this once). Worst servant to get a reliable info though, as she pretty much discounts half the holy war as not worthy of naming for being trash. "princess" is an insult and if someone HAS to use honorifics, she demands to be called an empress instead (she demands a more direct tone of talking from player as its only fitting - player must be truly something glorious to deserve summoning such a goddess as herself)

Even as love interest, its more of a mutual-benefit kind of thing as Nero does not comprehend the idea of selflessness. Even love is a trade. Is bisexual/pansexual as she believes that EVERYTHING and anything that is defined as beautiful is her possession. She believes to be the most beautiful of all and expects everyone to appreciate that(if I am not mistaken there's a side story where she spends time talking with one of soldiers in her time getting along well and orders him executed for fainting from accidentally seeing her naked).

As a matter of fact any form of art and mastership is hers because only she is talented enough to make masterpieces(from which comes her ex rank privilege ability allowing her to use any sort of servant trait she wants - because OBVIOUSLY it always belonged to her).

You literally CAN'T choose negative responses to her dialogue sometimes, due to her megalomaniac personality(she would trap the citizens in her theater forcing them to sit through her performances or die).

Unlike Arthuria/Altria , she even enjoys her own past mistakes accounting every flaw she has and every tragedy she caused to her grandness.

Nero is literally written by Nasu to surpass what Urobuchi did to Alexander and Gil in terms of an ego.

That said she does have specific curse that restrains her "unliminted" mental capabilities.
AhenshihaelJan 3, 2014 4:51 PM
Jan 4, 2014 10:57 PM

Sep 2013
Fai said:

In terms of fate side of it, You have a version where all magic died in 70's(due to events related to Tsukihime character) leading to a very cyberpunk future, you have a version where fate/zero events went in entirely different direction, you have a version where third war events led to a very different 5th war and you have all the universes that Fate/Stay Night consists of - the main Three ones - fate, UBW and Heaven's Feel, all three branching off from a certain decision the protagonist does, all three equally canon , and then one for each possible bad end. Archer simply comes from one of thousands possible outcomes of this war.

so Archer IS shirou but from another timeline? so if i am correct, the holy trail thing would of killed saber no matter what, and it does not grant your wishes at all, it just destroys things in its path right?
Jan 4, 2014 11:31 PM

Aug 2009
Jose07 said:
Fai said:

so Archer IS shirou but from another timeline? so if i am correct, the holy trail thing would of killed saber no matter what, and it does not grant your wishes at all, it just destroys things in its path right?

Very Short answer:Yes.
Jan 7, 2014 3:15 PM

Sep 2013
dam, well i hope the remake will look better and have a better ending
Jan 7, 2014 6:37 PM
Nov 2013
ssjokg said:

Kirei wasn't lying though when he told Shirou to have Saber drink from the cup to be granted a second life right? He believed it to be true since the same thing happened (mud coming in contact) to Gil and that's why he thinks this?
StanfooJan 7, 2014 6:40 PM
Jan 8, 2014 2:04 AM

Aug 2009
Stanfoo said:
ssjokg said:

Kirei wasn't lying though when he told Shirou to have Saber drink from the cup to be granted a second life right? He believed it to be true since the same thing happened (mud coming in contact) to Gil and that's why he thinks this?

Kinda difficult to know.Kirei is known for trolling so....

Jose07 said:
Look better yes.Better ending as in different, no.
Jan 8, 2014 2:30 AM

Jul 2007
Jose07 said:

It will be better animated, but won't be different. If there's ONE thing that deen was faithful in adapting in the previous adaptation its the VERY ending. That's exactly how one of three canon endings end.
Jan 24, 2014 2:03 AM

Oct 2013
It's been bugging me for a long time but does Shirou have to use a command spell to order Saber to destroy the grail? Wasn't Saber already willing to destroy the grail?
Jan 24, 2014 2:08 AM

Jun 2009
-Riptide- said:
It's been bugging me for a long time but does Shirou have to use a command spell to order Saber to destroy the grail? Wasn't Saber already willing to destroy the grail?

Being a Servant Saber is unable to destroy the Holy Grail of her own will, thus Shirou has to command her to do it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 24, 2014 2:12 AM

Oct 2013
insan3Spectre said:
-Riptide- said:

Being a Servant Saber is unable to destroy the Holy Grail of her own will, thus Shirou has to command her to do it.

Really? I've never thought of that. Was that explained in the VN? I just finished the Fate route in the VN but I don't remember someone saying that.
Pages (12) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

23 by Alexioos95 »»
32 minutes ago

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Yesterday, 10:10 AM

» Seriously bro

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 9

10 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 10, 4:55 AM

Poll: » This or Unlimited Blade Works

Fukoku - Mar 28

13 by deg »»
Mar 31, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ruzgfpegk - Jul 3, 2008

135 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 7, 8:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.