Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you like the idea of having Fate/Zero 2 page?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 14, 2011 1:38 PM
Sep 2009
bbobjs said:
Hey, you know what else is stupid? Black Lagoon and Black Lagoon Season 2 being 2 separate entries.

Hey, you know what else is stupid? Dragon Ball Z (US) and Dragon Ball Z (Original) but no Shin-Chan (US).

Hey, you know what else is stupid? Kara no Kyoukai is 7 entries with 1 episode while 5 Centimeters per Second is 1 entry with 3 episodes.

Hey, you know what else is stupid? Official, legal, free simulcasts aren't listed but fansubs are.

Hey, you know what else is stupid? By the standard that MAL seems to use, Legend of the Galactic Heroes should be AT LEAST 4 separate entries.

Hey, you know what else is stupid? Baccano! episodes 14-16 are considered OVAs while Bakemonogatari episodes 13-15 aren't.

Hey, you know what else is stupid? Baccano! episodes 14-16 aren't even considered OVAs, they're labeled as Specials, seriously WtF is that shit?

#/thread #gameover #fatality #BOOMgoesthedynamite #sayanoraMAL
Nov 15, 2011 4:19 AM

Jan 2007
I can't say I care that much, two entries, one entry is still the same to me.

Even so:

The Big O:
episodes 01-13 aired from 13.10.1999 to 19.01.2000
episodes 14-26 aired from 08.01.2003 to 02.04.2003
it has one entry here on MAL.

Code Geass: the last 2 episodes aired a few months after episode 23. Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch has all this 25 episodes in one entry.

As you can see there are exceptions.
Nov 15, 2011 9:47 AM

Jun 2008
bbobjs said:
Hey, you know what else is stupid? Black Lagoon and Black Lagoon Season 2 being 2 separate entries.

Second season has a new title (The Second Barrage).

Hey, you know what else is stupid? Kara no Kyoukai is 7 entries with 1 episode while 5 Centimeters per Second is 1 entry with 3 episodes.

This could easily change depending on personal opinion, but I think it's reasonable to say that 5 Centimeters Per Second is much more one whole movie than the entirety of Kara no Kyoukai.

Hey, you know what else is stupid? Official, legal, free simulcasts aren't listed but fansubs are.

Technically they are in recent news posts.

Hey, you know what else is stupid? By the standard that MAL seems to use, Legend of the Galactic Heroes should be AT LEAST 4 separate entries.

Just reading the topic answers this. It was all out before MAL existed and there's no title change or something like that.

Hey, you know what else is stupid? Baccano! episodes 14-16 are considered OVAs while Bakemonogatari episodes 13-15 aren't.

Hey, you know what else is stupid? Baccano! episodes 14-16 aren't even considered OVAs, they're labeled as Specials, seriously WtF is that shit?

The Baccano episodes were DVD only episodes. Bakemonogatari episodes were webcasted (although that means they should probably be listed as ONA's, anyway).

Zero said:
The Big O:

Again, before MAL's time.

Some others may just be before MAL had their set of concrete standards.
Nov 15, 2011 3:10 PM

Jun 2007
Hi!

I actually didn't feel like replying until I read the following sentence:

kuroshiroi said:
Anime DB Guidelines said:
(...) Note: This is to organize currently airing series that have large gaps between seasons so entries are not left as currently airing for months on users' lists. (...)

The problem I have with it: There is only one reason for splitting in the middle of seasons and it is only valid as long as the show is airing.

I think if there's no better reason than "keeping the currently-watching-lists clean" the site should be consistent with those entries of shows that aired before the site was created instead of creating a new standard of consistency.
Nov 16, 2011 2:07 AM

Jan 2007
Redfoxoffire said:

Zero said:
The Big O:

Not relevant, I've noticed this set of concrete standards applied retroactively.

Also, just because a series is taking a break does not immediately mean that the following episodes are a new season, breaks like this happen all the time when it comes to live action tv series for example.
Also I just remembered Mushishi, it has a two month break between episodes 20-21. What I am obviously trying to say is that you need to decide if a series needs a second entry in case of a break based on a number of factors, some which will be available only after the 2nd part of this anime will air.

Wow I find this thread kinda absurd, like I'm in a Kafka novel...
Nov 16, 2011 5:24 AM

Nov 2009
Absurd but great (the kafka novels)

On topic: Making a thread like this wont change anything I think >.
Nov 16, 2011 12:16 PM

Jun 2008
Zero said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Zero said:
The Big O:

Not relevant, I've noticed this set of concrete standards applied retroactively.

Care to give examples? My reason is relevant because it has been previously stated (by staff) to be the reason.

Also I just remembered Mushishi, it has a two month break between episodes 20-21.

Cut off is three months, anyway.
Nov 22, 2011 11:32 PM
May 2011
wow this is dumb they made it like this just to make viewers wait for what happens next it comes out in spring WTF
Nov 26, 2011 5:59 PM

Sep 2008
bbobjs said:
Even better example would be Memories.
Nov 26, 2011 6:02 PM

Nov 2010
Huh and where are all these Major fans. They could throw a tomato in your faces.
Dec 3, 2011 8:04 PM
Dec 2008
fate zero was originally supposed to be 25 straight episodes but making that quality takes too much time so they are basically taking a 3 month break from ep 13 and 14...its not like a second season where the new season has its own ep 1, 2,3, and on..
Dec 17, 2011 11:04 PM

May 2008
ShortTermCrook said:
Huh and where are all these Major fans. They could throw a tomato in your faces.
I agree.

If you guys think this is dumb, we Major fans had to put up with this for 6 years.
(Even longer now if you include the upcoming OVA)
Dermatitus have plagued men for millenia. Peace, THERE IS NO CURE.
Dec 21, 2011 12:00 AM

Jun 2010
Okay... Its split because there's a 3-4 month break in between? That seems silly. Using that logic, there should be 10 Hellsing Ultimate Ovas, not one Ova of 10 episodes. Hellsing Ultimate sometimes has YEARS between episodes.
Dec 21, 2011 12:07 AM

Jul 2011
5layer said:
bbobjs said:
Even better example would be Memories.

What's with this, Break Blade is split up among 6 movies as well.
Dec 24, 2011 7:46 AM

Jun 2011
I have a few problems with the way MAL views things and I guess this thread is a nice opportunity to give my constructive opinion:

-Going back to what was said about the examples of how those with long air breaks are mentioned as one because MAL didn't exist back then, I don't see how nowadays is any different. The ONLY people who will feel that break between airing time are the people who have watched episodes 1-13 BEFORE episode 14 airs. Not everyone actively keeps up with every airing series, and most of the time I personally do not watch things until they have finished airing [f/z is a bit of an exception]. Anyone who watches f/z after it airs can watch episodes 1-26 straight through, so the point about the break for winter is irrelevant to them, as they will not experience it. This is the same as how MAL views big O and other such series as the same thing because the website was created after the series had finished airing, which made the airing break irrelevant in those cases. At some point in the future, I imagine more people will have watched a series after it aired vs. those who watched it while airing.

-It seems only logical given the above that if the series does not make a clear title change or numeric change for episodes, that MAL shouldn't make its own interpretation by making separate pages, or that is enforcing their own standards of viewing anime. Otherwise you get the constant exceptions that leave it to a never-ending debate. Look at gundam unicorn, it started airing almost TWO years ago and its only 6 episodes, not even finished, and yet it is left as the same thing. I'd be surprised if this was claimed as being consistent given what was said here. It's "airing" and has a large gap between any two given episodes, so I don't see how it's any different than f/z.

-The "big three" also adds further inconsistency, as they clearly label things like naruto with "season 1, 2 , 3, etc." yet MAL does not make a distinction here. It doesn't make a numerical change, but neither does f/z. At the end of the day, it's the same story and continuing plot and many people will not feel season 2 or w/e of naruto is a completely separate series in its own right.

-Furthering the debate a bit more, I always wondered why there isn't an option for just rating an overall series. I don't want to see repeats of what is essentially the same series and score on my list and don't see why I'm not given the option to combine them. I don't often separate out my score even for a second season, so long as it is the same series and story. Code geass is a good example [one where they did rename it], it's a "second" season per say but it hardly feels like one. Saying the first season is a completed story would be like asking you to rate a novel halfway through, then give the second half its own rating completely separate from the first [which truly speaking is essentially impossible to eliminate bias from]. If my opinion hasn't changed, I don't see why I should have to list the same series twice. I watched all 50 episodes of code geass in a row and didn't stop to think about it until the end, "code geass" to me is exactly that with no s1/s2, it is one thing. The separate pages and scores should still exist there, but I think we should be given the option that if we rated both the same to combine it into one label for the entire series on our lists.

Very long and I apologize, but I had more than a few words for speaking my mind about all this.
Dec 24, 2011 9:37 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I though F/Z 2 as a seperate page made sense cause a few episodes back I thought f/z 1 would have at least a bit of closure which it certainly didn't. The "last" epi was exactly like any other with it's trailer in the end and stuff except that the next airs pretty much later. But as many ppl said, there are tons of things that take years to be released and still count for 1 so why does this have to be an exception considering it was supposed to be a 25 epi long series in the first place?
It's better to say the production is on hold than saying the first part is finished making it seem like an entry on its own. It isn't. It's just waste of space.

Having said that, I don't rly mind having 2 dif entries, just the more I think abt it the more I think that it doesn't make sense and the more I wonder abt the db guidelines... Need to be revised a bit?
Dec 24, 2011 10:34 PM

Jan 2011
Well after seeing the finale to S1, ya I'll hop on bored that the break in the show is dumb. But on the other hand it will build massive amounts of anticipation.
Dec 24, 2011 10:46 PM
Dec 2011
MAL obviously wants FZS2 top 3, and S1 top 15. Second part is likee wayy better. even though this was in august I don't know why it matters.
Dec 26, 2011 12:10 PM

Aug 2009
Since it has a official title then it doesn't matter anymore. It only bothered me when there wasn't an official title.
Dec 26, 2011 12:27 PM

Jun 2008
So does that make the official title "Fate/Zero 2nd?"
Dec 26, 2011 1:48 PM
Jul 2010
Han-yuu said:
I don't like Fate/Zero 2 page BUT
What the hell is wrong with Aniplex and ufotable for taking season break. when it's not sequel, let it continue. It's like torturing, watch 13 episodes and then lol wait for 3 months to continue from episode 14. Is it some kind of marketing technique? or If they had some production problems or anything, then let it start from winter. Now i'm thinking to put it on-hold and do marathon when it's done or start it in spring.

Do you even consider how much effort it takes to do such quality anime and do it all 24 episodes without any break? Marketing technique? Seriously, you don't even support the creators and still dare to whine about the break, such ignorance and stupidity...
Dec 27, 2011 1:37 AM

Jul 2009
Lightyear8684 said:
Han-yuu said:
What the hell is wrong with Aniplex and ufotable for taking season break. when it's not sequel, let it continue. It's like torturing, watch 13 episodes and then lol wait for 3 months to continue from episode 14. Is it some kind of marketing technique? or If they had some production problems or anything, then let it start from winter. Now i'm thinking to put it on-hold and do marathon when it's done or start it in spring.

Do you even consider how much effort it takes to do such quality anime and do it all 24 episodes without any break? Marketing technique? Seriously, you don't even support the creators and still dare to whine about the break, such ignorance and stupidity...

Agree with you lightyear.. the quality of Fate/Zero is by far one of the best i saw, so we cannot whine them, and i think the break is fair because there are still people who are watching Fate/Stay Night.. so i think they also giving them time to finish watching it so they can continue with Fate/Zero and tie with the people that already watched the first 13 episodes.

The patience is a virtue, my friend.. its a pain but who cares.. such an epic anime like this deserves a lil break.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2011 2:32 PM

Jun 2010
Velocitas014 said:
The end of the PV for part two shows "Fate/Zero 2nd," so I guess it's officially two seasons now?

Is the title going to be Fate/Zero 2nd, or is it just saying "The second half starts on..."?
Dec 27, 2011 3:03 PM

Apr 2007
Zfish9 said:
Is the title going to be Fate/Zero 2nd, or is it just saying "The second half starts on..."?
The screenshot actually says "Fate/Zero 2nd Season", with シーズン meaning season, so like you said it's most likely not the official title, but them only referring to when the second season starts.

Fate/Zero 2nd would be a horrible title anyway.
Dec 28, 2011 2:34 PM

Feb 2009
Han-yuu said:

Well the quality is almost up to par with what they did with the Kara no Kyoukai movies, and it's a TV series, which means their budget is much smaller. So I'd rather them have to take a 3 month airing break in the middle and be able to keep up the quality than the second half (which is where a lot of the most awesome parts are, if you've read the LNs) be bad.

KyonSmith said:
Agree with you lightyear.. the quality of Fate/Zero is by far one of the best i saw, so we cannot whine them, and i think the break is fair because there are still people who are watching Fate/Stay Night.. so i think they also giving them time to finish watching it so they can continue with Fate/Zero and tie with the people that already watched the first 13 episodes.
The patience is a virtue, my friend.. its a pain but who cares.. such an epic anime like this deserves a lil break.

F/SN VN is far better than the studio DEEN anime, which only covers the first (least interesting) route, with a couple of bits from the other ones haphazardly thrown in. I never felt it jibed right with the atmosphere either, maybe just bad direction. But if you've already watched part of F/Z you've spoiled yourself on some major plot points that don't get revealed right away in F/SN. It can stand on its own but I think people who have read F/SN will appreciate some things more and/or not miss out on things in F/SN that have foreshadowing in F/Z.

JOHJDec 28, 2011 2:46 PM
Jan 3, 2012 11:37 PM

Sep 2008
dio_brando86 said:
Han-yuu said:
Well the quality is almost up to par with what they did with the Kara no Kyoukai movies, and it's a TV series, which means their budget is much smaller.
Actually, Fate Zero has far more animation than Kara no Kyoukai could ever hope to have and the quality of it is not any worse. The Kara no Kyoukai movies had very little quality animation besides the 1 minute fight scenes in each movie.
Jan 7, 2012 12:39 PM

Oct 2007
It's beyond stupid. It's just another meaningless entry so users can pad their completed stats...which is something I've never understood why people cared about anyways. Especially after seeing episode 13, its fucktarded to split it up. Season 1 wasn't even a complete show, I can't even rate it because it's literally half a story. Makes no damn sense
Jan 7, 2012 5:20 PM

Oct 2008
kuroshiroi said:
The basic idea here is that the second part has episodes numbered after the first series, i.e. the first season is episodes 1-13 and the second has 14-25 or 14-26 etc. So these are really two parts of the same series, just aired with a gap. This applies to White Album, Asura Cryin' and Fate/Zero. Whether or not they announced it with a gap is kind of irrelevant, imao, and the only reason we split them is to avoid having series set to airing without weekly releases.

I don't have any other examples because there either haven't been any since we implemented the guidelines or I just don't know about them :) Obviously there are lots of examples of this from the past but we won't be splitting those up for obvious reasons. All we could do was make up guidelines and follow them from then on.

Wouldn't it be possible to let it appear as finished for the time being and then set it to airing again?

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that something similar happened with the manga Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku, I remember that it appeared as finished since that was the status when I started reading it and now it's "publishing" again.

I'd suggest leaving one entry for the whole series because of the score system, this series in particular should be judged as a whole (I'll probably give a 9 to the 2nd as well unless it gets really really epic, but that's not the issue). Besides, 2nd season's score will be biased because of the reasons we all know.

Now you would say, "same thing happened with Code Geass", but the difference is that Code Geass had somewhat of an ending in the first season (yes, with a fucking cliffhanger, but it was an ending nevertheless), Fate/Zero's first half ended with a fight starting which, I guess everyone would agree, is not an ending.
PosseJan 7, 2012 5:37 PM
Jan 19, 2012 9:03 AM

Oct 2010
I think it should say -- Fate/Zero 2nd

that's how it's used in the endcard for episode 13, and it emphasizes that it's a second season. Fate/Zero 2 feels like a sequel.
Jan 20, 2012 10:50 PM

May 2010
I don't like it split in 2 parts..
It becomes difficult to rate the anime in 2 parts.
I guess I'll rate it 5 for F/Z and another 5 for F/Z 2 so overall its 10.. LOL
Seriously, i don't get the point behind splitting it in 2 seasons except to explain that next episode will be aired on April 2012...

Sometimes you must hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain because life's greatest lessons are learned through pain.
- Pain
Jan 21, 2012 4:52 PM

Apr 2011
Most people hate it because they know it's going to be in the top 10 along side season 1, thus downgrading one of their favorites.
Jan 21, 2012 5:04 PM

Jul 2011
Valaskjalf said:
Most people hate it because they know it's going to be in the top 10 along side season 1, thus downgrading one of their favorites.

Season One isn't even in the top 10
Jan 24, 2012 10:00 PM

Jun 2010
Posse said:
Now you would say, "same thing happened with Code Geass", but the difference is that Code Geass had somewhat of an ending in the first season (yes, with a fucking cliffhanger, but it was an ending nevertheless), Fate/Zero's first half ended with a fight starting which, I guess everyone would agree, is not an ending.

But the second season of Code Geass given a different title (Added R2) than the first season. That's a good reason for splitting it, as changing the title usually implies that its another season.

Valaskjalf said:

That's just as silly as having two Fate/Zero pages for one anime!
Most people probably would not mind/stop caring about having two pages if the next 12 episodes would be an actual second season and not part of the first.
Zfish9Jan 24, 2012 10:09 PM
Jan 26, 2012 10:38 PM

Aug 2011
All i can say is that... Fate/Zero did better than Fate/Stay Night
Before i wasn't so sure if i was going to watch Fate/Zero since it is technically the prequel to Fate/Stay Night. Knowing that, i already figured how it was going to end since there were lots of flashbacks that happened 10 years ago and was showed in fate/Stay Night. However, Fate/Zero really caught my attention so i decided to stick with it and it wasn't such a bad idea after all cause i totally liked it, and it game me the impression that this series did better and i expected.

The idea of having a split series of Fate/Zero was shock to me. WHY WHY WHY did they have to fucking leave us hanging and make us wait for 3 whole months I really thought it was a really really retarded idea. Totally pissed me off /wrist

Good to have a sub-forum for Fate/Zero 2 though, atleast we can start discussing some random sht tons of thoughts and expectations on the upcoming continuation.
Feb 1, 2012 4:01 AM

Aug 2011
I don't see the reason to complain about two pages... I mean, it IS stupid and unnecessary, but isn't the 3 month break actual thing to complain about?
And why is it hard to rate anime in 2 parts? Let it finish, watch it, and rate both part 1 and 2 with same rating as it was one entry.
All in all, if you ask me, only thing I care about is quality of the series, which is imo great.
Anyways, i voted "hate it" ;)
Mar 8, 2012 11:18 PM

Aug 2010
I swear the name was Fate/Zero 2 until a few days ago and now it's Fate/Zero 2nd season. That just looks weird.
Mar 11, 2012 4:00 PM

Sep 2011
Gogetters said:
It's better than having it as "Fate/Zero Season 1" and "Fate/Zero Season 2"
Also, who cares? It makes your list bigger!

^LOL.

Also, It Doesn't Really Bother Much. As Long As It's Fate/Zero. :D

Apr 10, 2012 7:16 AM

Jan 2012
well, i really don't mind, but i do prefer it to be in 2 season for some reason.. maybe for the winter season gap??
And i don't think they need a recap episode, because there were some extra recapping the first season into two episodes, and plus, i don't think it'd work really fine
Apr 14, 2012 8:59 AM

Apr 2009
I'd like to ask the mods to reconsider this matter, since the official name seems to be still just "Fate/Zero" and the episode count continues with 14, instead of starting at 1 again.
Apr 23, 2012 6:00 AM
Jun 2008
DanielMors said:
I'd like to ask the mods to reconsider this matter, since the official name seems to be still just "Fate/Zero" and the episode count continues with 14, instead of starting at 1 again.

I seconded that. Isn't it obvious enough now that the anime officially continued as Episode 14 in black and white?
Apr 23, 2012 6:55 AM

Jan 2011
It makes no sense to split it into 2 seasons. The 2 parts have exactly the same main plot, same antagonists, etc. They may have a break in airing time, but no break in the storyline. The studio actually went out of their way to make sure everyone understands this is the same exact series as the first part. That's why they have the same clock ticking at the start and why the episode count is common for both parts.
Yeah, it is for the sake of consistency you say... but if consistency means having a season officially starts from episode 14 then it's not doing much good.
Series like CG , Vampire Knight etc cannot really be used as a comparison... the 2 parts had different names and different episode counts, so it was obvious they were meant to be apart. F/Z has neither of those 2, it's obvious to be 1 single entity.
If anything, the only problem I can see right now with merging the 2 is just what will happen with the reviews of the first part, but meh, they are forced to stop reviewing midway through the series, so they are not really worth anything ever since the second part began airing. So no feelings would be hurt if they were just flushed from the database...

eltboy said:
DanielMors said:

I seconded that. Isn't it obvious enough now that the anime officially continued as Episode 14 in black and white?

Exactly my thoughts.
Pan151Apr 23, 2012 6:59 AM
Jun 1, 2012 3:45 AM

Apr 2009
*push*
Hope a mod reads the last posts.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Yesterday, 4:02 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.