Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
itazurana Kiss
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 17, 2008 5:52 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yep, they did get married too fast. How the hell do you marry someone you didn't go past first with? And it was so sudden that Kotoko was still calling Naoki by his family name.

Had a good laugh at all the Engrish, but was rofl when the passport guy said "Okini!" back to Kotoko.

And that big, scaaaaaaaaary gaijin thought Kotoko was still in elementary school? What kind of midget is she?
Kokujin-kunJul 17, 2008 7:41 AM
Jul 17, 2008 8:11 AM

Aug 2007
Ehh.. that's how the manga is.

ah~ that's life i guess. D:
too bad for them.

But let's see how its going to end. >< thats what i really wanna know. D:
Jul 17, 2008 9:39 AM

May 2008
the cheek of the woman to try to seduce irie...but actually kyotoko has nothing to worry about since irie only loves her :)
Jul 17, 2008 3:45 PM

Oct 2007
I feel sorry for that woman's husband.. I mean, she wanted to cheat on him and he is such a nice guy. Bless him.
It was a cute episode but a bit of a let down from the last one.
I did go all fangirly when they kissed and it showed a shot of them in bed XD
The Engrish was funny XD
Obasama was hilarous. Her Engrish was pretty darn good too!
The next ep looks like it'll have more Chris and Kin-chan in which should be good. Yay for Itazura na Kiss!

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Jul 17, 2008 5:32 PM

Mar 2007
Cute episode :) I am glad that they have kept the same opening song for the second half of the series, it's a good song. I wish they would update the characters that are shown in it though ^_^

Ahh hawaii! The English is always hilarious :D Reminds me of the taiwan live action version of that storyline. More bad English :D The bed scene in the drama was *cough* really good, lol :)
Jul 18, 2008 2:42 AM

Apr 2008
What a cute episode :D

But that big-boob'd bimbo was getting on my nerves, good thing Naoki's mum was there - my favourite part of the episode. I really hope Kin-chan and Chris get together hehe.

Still, last episode was better :P

Jul 20, 2008 10:51 AM

Jan 2008
such a good episode! like it. but its realy too fast for me. its only the 15th episode and they are married... what is comming next? baby? kotoko is going to be a nurse? the relationship is too fast...
Kruh sa uzatvara, ale mna to netrapi - povedalo avangardne kruzidlo a dalej rysovalo stvorce...
Jul 20, 2008 11:59 AM

Dec 2007
cute episode! that Mari-chan was so annoying, how could her husband put up with that?
I'm curious to see how Kotoko will face her new dream ^^

Jul 20, 2008 12:48 PM

Oct 2007
Insanely cute episode :D Obasama was hilarious with the beach ball, LOL
Jul 20, 2008 3:41 PM

Nov 2007
halcyon said:

She's my favourite character. Her evil laughter is priceless.

My fear that the show would go downhill hasn't turned true yet... I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Jul 20, 2008 4:52 PM

Aug 2007
Oba-Sama yeat again rocked. Good episode overall... They finnaly made "love" hun? xD
Jul 20, 2008 5:38 PM

Jun 2008
Im kinda pissed w/ that girl Mari because she's like stealing others husband.. but it ended in a nice way o.o... and Naoki's mother rocks!

Jul 20, 2008 5:45 PM

Feb 2008
Static said:
Oba-Sama yeat again rocked. Good episode overall... They finnaly made "love" hun? xD

Seems like it :D but what else is expected on a honneymoon :)

Cute ep all the way. Seems like most think its all going too fast, but i kinda like being married and going beyond that point. Most of these type of shows just end it all with a single kiss and thats that, but wouldnt it be fun how that awkward relationship evolved beyond that point? thats kinda my main motivation to watch itzura na kiss, that and couse i just like it ofc :p
Jul 20, 2008 6:25 PM

Jul 2008
The Mari character was getting on my nerves throughout the episode. Even though the ending made up for it all, that type of blatancy really almost made me skip those parts. It was just too over the top. As for the Engrish, when will the Japanese stop hiring Japanese people to do English voice acting? For that matter, French and German too. I'm sure there are more than enough fanboy/fangirls out there who would do it for free if asked. -_-

Still a perfect score episode, but damn she got me angry.
Jul 20, 2008 7:17 PM

Aug 2007
Too bad Irie didn't slap Mari too.

Kokujin-kun said:

Yep, they did get married too fast. How the hell do you marry someone you didn't go past first with?

They sure made it up by the end of the episode..
Jul 20, 2008 7:23 PM

Jul 2007
It occurs to me that even though this series has taken place over years, the characters look exactly the same... weird.

Mari's bathing suit is cute! Although it would only look good on an anime character. She's the one who's going to get divorced soon, though... I feel bad for her husband, since he clearly cares about her a lot. I was really shocked when he slapped her, but she definitely deserved it.

Kin-chan and Chris are gonna make an adorable couple! I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy them more than Naoki and Kotoko.

Naoki's mom's English was the best thing ever. "Oh! Mistake!" Awesome. I just love that the Iries were totally stalkers in this episode.

Kotoko was quite selfish, but I'm glad she admitted it and everything turned out okay. :)

Oh, and the photo album thing looked pretty neat.

oh, these little earthquakes
Jul 20, 2008 7:27 PM

Oct 2007
I love Irie's mom and Yuuki. Soo funny! I thought this was a cute episode, Mari was really annoying though... and the engrish was SOOooo bad.. but irie and kotoko got somewhere past kissing ;D yay!
Jul 20, 2008 8:46 PM

Feb 2008
shes still a kid and got married? well i supose hes gotten used to her foolishness.

well maybe after they did it shell be alittle more mature and driven
Jul 20, 2008 8:51 PM

Jun 2007
Ah, I couldn't stop smiling again. It was insanely adorable. The best parts definitely were with Yuuki and Oba-sama, though. :D "I don't want it" had me in giggles for a good minute.
Jul 20, 2008 8:51 PM

May 2008
halcyon said:

I agree.
Jul 20, 2008 9:05 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
halcyon said:
It took until the second time she got hit with it for me to realize it was Obasama xD When I did, I had to laugh extremely hard and cheer for her. So awesome x)

Great episode. Naoki makes me all tingling now -- before I always just wanted to slap him. Definitely looking forward to the second half of this series x)

Join MAL's Mod Team! ✧ 
Guidelines & FAQ ✧ 

Watch Cool Doji Danshi~ ✧ 
Jul 20, 2008 10:11 PM

Dec 2007
MajorAddiction said:
Kokujin-kun said:

Yep, they did get married too fast. How the hell do you marry someone you didn't go past first with?

They sure made it up by the end of the episode..

Eh, now that I have time to think about it, I forgot how much of an Bizarro World Japan really is. The pressure for Japanese women to marry before they are 25 and over the hill is so strong that there doesn't need to be much of a preceding relationship before they take that plunge. They can see someone for all of two months, and if it didn't suck, they'll go right ahead with marriage.

Of course, as the episode mentions, those result in Narita divorces, thanks to all those arranged marriages and marriages where the couple barely know each other.
Jul 20, 2008 11:05 PM

Jul 2007
Uber cute episode, and Oba-sama was simply classic with the beachball xD
Jul 20, 2008 11:17 PM

Jun 2007
Kokujin-kun said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Yep, they did get married too fast. How the hell do you marry someone you didn't go past first with? And it was so sudden that Kotoko was still calling Naoki by his family name.

First base is a kiss and they did kiss 2 times before marriage, although both times where one sided. So they did past first. Although I agree, they did get married way to quick.

Also I don't agree with people saying Kotoko was selfish for yelling out not to touch women. Kotoko knew the women was trying to win over Irie so she yelled out her feelings because of it. I think in a medical setting Kotoko wouldn't have cared as much since Irie would clearly being doing it for people that are sick and he would be surrounded by nurses and other patience.

The English was so funny threw out this whole episode.
Jul 20, 2008 11:53 PM

Mar 2008
To think I was thinking of dropping this after this episode. Somehow everytime i want to drop this, the next episode will always get me back on XD
Jul 21, 2008 12:18 AM

Mar 2008
When the guy at the airport was asking for her passport..he sounded like a robot..instead of "show me passport please" should have been 'hello we can't afford acters with good english so we have this crappy talking computer, passport please :D' XP

oh yeah was an ok episode.
Jul 21, 2008 4:27 AM

Dec 2007
DeathfireD said:
Kokujin-kun said:

First base is a kiss and they did kiss 2 times before marriage, although both times where one sided. So they did past first. Although I agree, they did get married way to quick.

You can be parked on first base the entire inning without going past it you know ;^)
Jul 21, 2008 5:34 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Kokujin-kun said:
DeathfireD said:

You can be parked on first base the entire inning without going past it you know ;^)
Remember, it used to be common for people to get married with much less than a kiss ;) And it still happens today too... ^^

Join MAL's Mod Team! ✧ 
Guidelines & FAQ ✧ 

Jul 21, 2008 8:22 AM
Feb 2008
Simply amazing episode, a pure demostration of why I enjoy this anime. Romance + Comedy = Win

I think I have to disagree on the whole "too fast" P.O.V. They had been as close to a relationship as they could've been. I still am amazed that I have to thank Kin-chan for making it go a bit faster.

I bet my life savings on next episode being Chris is about to leave, Kin finds out about it and we have a nice cliché love scene at the airport.
Jul 21, 2008 9:04 AM

Dec 2007
Kineta said:
Remember, it used to be common for people to get married with much less than a kiss ;) And it still happens today too... ^^

Those poor folks. . .unless they are gold-diggers.
Jul 21, 2008 11:09 AM

Apr 2008
i liked this episode... Obasama is always the best, when is trying to make the picture XDD
But Kotoko... a nurse? O__O I agree with Yuki, poor patients XDD

Jul 21, 2008 12:53 PM

Nov 2007
So they waited, what, a week to consummate their marriage? I don't know what it is about completely asexual male characters in anime, but this just seems kind of unrealistic.
Jul 21, 2008 9:26 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Censored_Vagina said:
So they waited, what, a week to consummate their marriage? I don't know what it is about completely asexual male characters in anime, but this just seems kind of unrealistic.
Could be he was nervous, or he was worried about her being nervous. There are guys out there that aren't born experienced ;) I think it's pretty realistic considering how reserved he is by nature.

Join MAL's Mod Team! ✧ 
Guidelines & FAQ ✧ 

Jul 21, 2008 9:45 PM

Jun 2008
This episode started off kinda meh for me. I was worried it was going to suck. Good thing it redeemed itself in the end. Naoki said he couldn't wait anymore. Woooo! =D

Jul 22, 2008 10:08 PM

Jun 2007
lmao @ the engrish, it made my day.
I laughed sooo much when I saw Yuuki and Irie's Mom on the beach XD

Jul 23, 2008 3:09 AM

Feb 2008
I liked this episode a lot... the part where Kotoko said something about buying a mask for Yuuki and he passed by and gave a no-no was the most hillarious sequence i've seen in ages... laughed my ass off... keep up the good work kid...
Jul 24, 2008 2:36 AM

Jan 2008
it's a very good episode. i thought i wasn't gonna like it at first but, hey, it's not bad after all..

oba-sama is great at the beach.. LOL..
OMG, they did it.. cool.. they're husband-wife relationship has been finally been, yknow, completed[?][i cant find the right word]..
KOTOKO. NURSE?. OMG. i wonder what would happen to her.
Aug 6, 2008 10:10 AM

Feb 2008
nice episode. the mari was a little bit nerves ;P

but was funny and the end was cute. I didn't expected, that irie-kun changes his heart so fast. xD
Aug 8, 2008 2:21 AM
Oct 2007
Yay!

They finally sexed it up!

I wish they showed the scene though- bet it would've been full of win!
Aug 9, 2008 4:26 AM

Apr 2007
OMG!!! I squealed like a fangirl. Great episode, Oba-sama was hilarious yet again, she wins soo much.

But when I saw the Irie and Kotoko get in bed together is where I had my hands up to my mouth, squealing OMG OMG OMG!!! over and over, oh god, I'm loving this show.

Onto next episode~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2008 10:24 PM

Jun 2008
grrrr!! that mari trying to seduce irie!!!! tsk tsk! ... but its so cute.. irie loves only kotoko!!! :D yay!
Aug 12, 2008 8:59 AM

Apr 2008
yeah the mari girl really pissed me off. im happy that her husband finally stood up for himself in the end. but kotoko finally has a reason to be jealous. I would be jealous too. it was pretty funny with all the engrish going on hahaha.
naokis mom is so funny. cant believe they followed them all the way to hawaii. haha when kotoko wanted to buy yuuki a mask.. he walks by - LMAO. too funny.
Dec 3, 2008 6:17 PM

Oct 2008
Jeez Naoki is such a cold and distant husband I don't see how their marriage is supposed to last. After her initial goo goo stage is over, I think she'll lose interest quickly, and he's too retarded to fight back. Gah he's such an idiot, and so is Kotoko for loving him so freakin' much
Dec 26, 2008 4:42 PM
Jul 2018
Naoki's comment about not remembering them spending time alone together pissed me off. What, he just didn't notice for the entire week (or two?) that the other couple was hanging around them all the time?! He just didn't notice Mari clinging to him the entire time?! And Kotoko is an idiot for being won over with just a kiss. Even if Naoki does truly love her, it doesn't excuse his cold and distant behaviour. Granted, this is anime so I suppose I have to look over this (and accept the fact that the whole series is pretty ridiculous in itself). But sheesh, in real life, this pairing would never work out.
Apr 8, 2009 10:49 PM

Dec 2008
Even though it happened kida fast, I'm so glad that got married! *gleams*
That stupid Mari is a bitch though ~_~

& &
Apr 23, 2009 8:24 AM

Jul 2007
maris husband pulled himself together at the end , that was kinda pretty cool , if u dont think what he was doing while mari was hitting on naoki xD
May 12, 2009 8:49 PM

Jul 2008
Mari was obviously pretty annoying, but I didn't like the Naoki reacted when Kotoko said to stop touching her. Mari was clearly coming on to him the entire episode and touching him all lovey dovey style, she just finally snapped because clearly Mari was faking it so that they'd have no time together. I really wish Kotoko was the one to slap Mari, but at least it happened.

It was hilarious when Naoki's mom threw the beachball at Mari. I wasn't expecting her to be there and then suddenly she did that. It was crazy.
Jun 17, 2009 7:52 AM

Mar 2009
i didnt aspect married so soon
Sep 2, 2009 12:55 AM

Aug 2008
Obasama and Yuuki were win. I didn't like when Naoki screamed to Kotoko because she was jealous -_- She had her reasons.

Was I the only one to think that it was too much when Mari's husband when he slapped her? But yeah, Mari was a really annoying bitch :/

Sep 12, 2009 3:47 AM

Jan 2008
When Mari's husband slapped her, I was like: yeahh, you tell her she can't interfere with other people's lifes!

But then he was like: You should be happy with me..
Blah, divorce already ^^
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 15, 2008

115 by lanepaires »»
Feb 16, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Apr 4, 2008

116 by Winsssvts »»
Jan 20, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Aug 10, 2008

87 by Mugiwara_san »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:18 AM

» What do u think guys if this Anime get a reboot version 🤔 like Fruits basket, Sailor moon

Chhaya_j27 - May 18, 2023

18 by Raegal1 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jei_Ken - Sep 19, 2008

153 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.