Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2011 1:18 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I was under the impression people were born Magi's but I see now anyone who acquires the dungeons item is possibly able to become a candidate.
Sep 8, 2011 10:56 AM

Oct 2007
inb4 magi tournament
Sep 13, 2011 4:53 PM

Feb 2011
I really love this manga, I wish there was more scanlated! I have the raws, but I can't understand everything.
眠れないのは君のせい
Jan 11, 2012 4:15 AM

Nov 2010
Shiken said:
inb4 magi tournament

Now now don't be so cynical. This manga has shown none of the signs of falling from grace like Fairy Tail has.
Apr 28, 2012 12:55 AM

Feb 2008
Loved how her first act was to tease the painfully shy djinn, it so perfectly fit her domain ;)

I wonder what the ratio of good djinn/magi to bad is? And if they'll have to fight/kill each other or if they'll just need to convince each other/some supreme being in order to become king?
Sep 26, 2012 8:19 PM

Feb 2008
So that means that Alibaba also became a Magi.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Mar 1, 2014 6:14 PM

Jun 2009
Everyone must have read the mistranslated scans I did. At first I was confused because I was under the impression that Maji CHOOSE the candidates instead of BEING the candidates. Turns out the start of the next chapter has a editor's note saying that Magi are indeed the selectors, which means Alibaba is probably Aladdin's selection for king. I believe that is right? If so, is is it possible to select more than one candidate? After all, Judal is shown trying to convince Hakuei's brother to go in to the dungeon, of which clearing it seems to make one eligible for candidacy.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 1, 2014 6:55 PM

Jul 2007
insan3Spectre said:
Everyone must have read the mistranslated scans I did. At first I was confused because I was under the impression that Maji CHOOSE the candidates instead of BEING the candidates. Turns out the start of the next chapter has a editor's note saying that Magi are indeed the selectors, which means Alibaba is probably Aladdin's selection for king. I believe that is right? If so, is is it possible to select more than one candidate? After all, Judal is shown trying to convince Hakuei's brother to go in to the dungeon, of which clearing it seems to make one eligible for candidacy.

Yeah so many miss translations. It is as you said though, basically a Magi's job is to select a candidate for a king to rule the country known as a king vessel. It not only limited to one king Candidate. The magi has the authority to select several candidates if he/she wanted. Their is alot more to this though that has not been explained in full detail yet. But mainly that is the basic principles of it.
ArtimesGamerMar 1, 2014 6:59 PM

Mar 1, 2014 7:29 PM

Jun 2009
link9us said:
insan3Spectre said:

Yeah so many miss translations. It is as you said though, basically a Magi's job is to select a candidate for a king to rule the country known as a king vessel. It not only limited to one king Candidate. The magi has the authority to select several candidates if he/she wanted. Their is alot more to this though that has not been explained in full detail yet. But mainly that is the basic principles of it.

Yeah, thanks. I wanted to make sure I got it right before continuing on. I got to wonder if Morgiana will become a candidate. Well, only one way to find out!
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 2, 2014 2:51 AM
Feb 2012
insan3Spectre said:
Yeah, thanks. I wanted to make sure I got it right before continuing on. I got to wonder if Morgiana will become a candidate. Well, only one way to find out!

I remember making the same assumption (the one about Magi and their candidates) back then due to the questionable translations. Looking back at it now, it made so little sense contextually haha.

On a similar note; it feels so refreshing to see the reactions of someone who's new to the series and has just begun reading it. Please keep it up, buddy.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 2, 2014 9:33 AM

Jun 2009
GuiltyKing said:
insan3Spectre said:

I remember making the same assumption (the one about Magi and their candidates) back then due to the questionable translations. Looking back at it now, it made so little sense contextually haha.

On a similar note; it feels so refreshing to see the reactions of someone who's new to the series and has just begun reading it. Please keep it up, buddy.

Yeah, I will. And, that is indeed one of the reasons why I am doing these posts. I know from experience how fun it can be to reading someone elses impression of a manga or anime for the first time. Figured it wouldn't hurt to share that with other people.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 22, 2014 9:22 AM

Nov 2009
Okay so they were mistranslations, thought maybe the manga was actually extremely different and you could ascend to being a magi for a second . . . So magi select king candidates right? Okay . . . So it's the same, was just mistranslated for the longest time.
Nov 23, 2014 4:16 AM

Jan 2013
So there are other Magi's, I wonder if they will battle.
Nov 23, 2014 6:38 AM

Jul 2014
Man, necroposting is bad. There's 223 chapters after that one, discussions on the first ones are over now. :p
Feb 24, 2015 1:18 PM

Jun 2008
Kalcaen said:
Man, necroposting is bad. There's 223 chapters after that one, discussions on the first ones are over now. :p

Emm..Are you insane? This ain't necroposting. This ain't the general forum. You never necropost chapters and episodes because a discussion about them comes when you renew your list. Learn your shit noob.
MonadFeb 24, 2015 1:27 PM
Dec 14, 2017 9:51 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Djinn Paimon, beautiful!!
Oct 1, 2021 2:01 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Oh so by "dungeon capturing" they meant capturing the treasures from the dungeons, I see.

We also get to see Paimon in all her... uh... revealing outfit. Plus, I've just noticed that Baba in a previous chapter referred to Aladdin as "son of Solomon" and Paimon was created by him. Is he the king from the folklore legend? Who is "Rufu" by the way?

The fact that there are multiple Magis is the focal point of this chapter. The king selection had me confused a bit, but it seems that it was due to mistranslations on this chapter. The Magis are the ones who select candidates, meaning Alibaba most probably will fit that role.

I do wonder what the one in the imperial palace is up to. He looked lazy and didn't leave me with a bad first impression. Hopefully it isn't a facade.

I'm quite excited by how each arc expands the world more and more. So far so good.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Sep 5, 2022 2:37 PM

Jan 2020
Oh my, those are some detailed nipples for this not being a doujin or hentai. Conversely, Paimon touching Ugo's nipples is quite a ruddy bit of good fun. Though, I could do without all these secret conversations. I need answersssss.

I remember nothing about Judaru, but I do remember him.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

More topics from this board

» What's the best and worst Arc in Magi?

coolasianbro - Feb 11, 2021

8 by LeonhartAugust »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 369 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2017

86 by mizukasa »»
Mar 23, 8:16 AM

» The Nen Show Podcast - Magi and Sinbad

MuffinManTho - Mar 17

0 by MuffinManTho »»
Mar 17, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 27 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Sep 25, 2011

9 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 26, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 7 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

12 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 19, 5:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.