Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 5, 2011 10:38 AM
Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
viMALMay 30, 2019 2:35 PM
Sep 5, 2011 11:11 AM

Aug 2010
That pillow fight was pure awesome.
Sep 5, 2011 11:55 AM
Aug 2011
I LOVED THE WHOLE EPISODE! IT WAS HILARIOUS XD!

I specially loved the bath scenes and the pillow fight. Lol, misplaced resentment.

Their "woman-speak" was outrageously funny too xD!

I didn't laugh when Chitose bled the first couple of times, but after she bled through her eyes I LMFAO. I died xD.

So right. This episode was heaven for Ayano/Kyoko shippers like me.

Awww, poor Ayano, she wanted to get matching items with Kyoko (a wooden sword WTH 0_O??) She went to the store clerk so earnestly too xD HAHAHAHAHA

I loved how Yui told everyone to calm down before going to the hotel xD!

Poor Himawari and Sakurako. Lol, Chinatsu's already used to these cut-outs from the series xD

Then the student council president should have appeared in the intro, too! She didn't get any screen time! >_<!

Anyhow, for me, this was the best episode yet. I can't wait for the next one! We get to see their childhood~! I wonder how Akari was back then :P
chibolaSep 5, 2011 12:03 PM
Sep 5, 2011 11:56 AM
Aug 2011
I think this is the first time I've had an anime character (especially a main one) throw up xD? They're usually trying to make them appealing to viewers of the show, so this doesn't happen very often. Hurray for Kyoko vomit :D!

I kyan fry xD
Sep 5, 2011 12:00 PM

Nov 2008
Epic Kyoko vs Ayano pillow fight and Kyoko was hilarious throughout especially during the bath scenes.

Oh man Chitose's eyes are bleeding, so plugging her nose was an even worse idea than keeping it unplugged.

No not the nearly weds Sakurako and Himawari, they both disappeared from the episode with Akari and Chinatsu.

Kyoko getting beaten and kicked by Chizuru is full of lolz.

Sep 5, 2011 12:00 PM

Jul 2010
Non-stop in your face Kyoko action and I loved every second of it.

Chitose bleeding from the eyes...holy shit. Next thing, she'll be bleeding from the ears.
Sep 5, 2011 12:04 PM
Aug 2011
Kyoko feeding Ayano.... kawaii :3
Sep 5, 2011 12:40 PM

Dec 2010
Kyoko touching Ayano in the dark and flashed Ayano at bath time...lol...

I'll predict that maybe during the Akarin childhood episode we'll see her sister.
Sep 5, 2011 12:47 PM

Feb 2010
Chitose in top form with blood-splosions, now including an additional orifice for just the price of one!
Sep 5, 2011 12:54 PM
Mar 2011
Nice episode! Kyoko and Ayano is so cute. ^^
Sep 5, 2011 2:16 PM

May 2011
I wonder if Aki toyosaki/Chitose was having K-on!! flashbacks when voice acting this episode. The episode was so much more K-on!! field trip episode it was uncanny. I'm sure there's plenty of Kyoto trip episodes in a lot of anime but everyone says Yuru Yuri seems like a K-on clone. This episode sure didn't help to dis-spell that notion.
Sep 5, 2011 3:50 PM

Jun 2008
Obligatory Field Trip episode....

Anyways, yeah it was an OK episode, however from the looks at the preview I still don't see Akari's sister......

I've said it before, I'll say it again, if she doesn't come up, this anime fails...
Sep 5, 2011 4:50 PM

Mar 2011
I'm starting to grow tired of this anime, sure I enjoyed some of it, but it's rapidly losing my favour. It's not that it's getting worse, it's that I've reached that tipping point past which it's no longer so funny for me.

Still, a great episode for Kyoko X Ayano shippers, and better than the previous one at any rate.
Sep 5, 2011 4:54 PM
Apr 2011
Great episode.
No Akarin ;_;
Sep 5, 2011 5:30 PM
Aug 2011
LOL, the way Chizuru punched Kyoko during dinner was E-P-I-C-!! XD XD!

Hilarity, man.
Sep 5, 2011 5:45 PM

Jan 2011
Non stop Kyoko madness was insane i almost couldn't handle it all!, she really is a child :D!
Sep 5, 2011 6:19 PM

Apr 2010
Wow, I lost count on how many times I laughed this episode. Very funny.

Please continue to feed me slice-of-life yuri, Japan. Yuri-scented works, too. <3
Sep 5, 2011 7:41 PM

Jan 2011
alexcampos said:

Anyways, yeah it was an OK episode, however from the looks at the preview I still don't see Akari's sister......

I've said it before, I'll say it again, if she doesn't come up, this anime fails...

nuffsaid.

This episode was really cool, the nosebleeds didn't stop either.
No, i'm not talking about myself.
Sep 5, 2011 7:54 PM

Feb 2011
Wh-WHERE IS AKARI

2 Episodes now.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!
Sep 5, 2011 8:19 PM
Aug 2011
Rexky said:
Wh-WHERE IS AKARI

2 Episodes now.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

Might as well do this :D.
Sep 5, 2011 8:30 PM

Jun 2008
I still believe the way they treat Akari on this show is NOT funny or playful...

It's just down right mean...and uncalled for.

Take Yuko from Nichijou for example....she always has bad luck and seems to get picked on by everyone.

However, the main difference is that Yuko is an idiot to begin with and Nichijou is a random anime that does many gags and "skits".

This anime is slice of life with shoujo ai.....there's no need to treat any character the way they treat Akari.

I guess the biggest irony is that Akari is NOT annoying, she's NOT an idiot, and she's NOT ugly or anything of the sort....and yet she's a black sheep.

I keep hoping her Big Sister comes to the rescue but the only chance now is episode 12.....and it wouldn't surprise me if they don't show her.
Sep 5, 2011 8:33 PM

Oct 2010
That was one heck of an amazing episode of Kyouko again. However Ayano saw something incredible in the following,

now I am sure she can fantasize a lot about Kyouko's chest. Hmmmmm, more later.

BTW I have done Image Stitches in the spoiler
the most amazing episode filled with them and oh God where to start. Let's say Kyouko and Ayano yummy ones. Bath towel and Kyouko is super rich in her expressions.
Yumekichi11Sep 6, 2011 2:11 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 5, 2011 9:11 PM
Jul 2018
Well best ep so far, plenty of TOSHINOU KYOUKO!!! and Ayano, what else Can I ask?

Akari?
who's that?, well I don't care
Sep 5, 2011 9:53 PM

Mar 2011
Har har har!

Man, dem bleeding eyeballs!

And I now find the ED to be as addictive as the OP, they're both amazing!
Sep 5, 2011 11:53 PM

Jul 2009
Yui's weakness... jackpot!

Poor Yui. When Chinatsu's not around, she has to handle Kyoko all by herself.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Sep 6, 2011 12:55 AM

Jun 2008
God damn, this show is amazing. I don't want there to be only two more episodes!
Sep 6, 2011 1:49 AM

Sep 2010
Another nice episode, sucks there's only 2 left.
Sep 6, 2011 2:29 AM

Jan 2011
ihuraH_ said:
Rexky said:
Wh-WHERE IS AKARI

2 Episodes now.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

Might as well do this :D.

Being Akarin is suffering.
Sep 6, 2011 3:42 AM

Jul 2010
Epic Episode.. when i saw Himawari and Sakurako invisible i thought this is going to be boring but All thanks to Chitose.. Epic Win Nosebleeds and that pillow fight.

I hope Akari, Himawari and Sakurako will get lots of screen time in next two episodes.
Sep 6, 2011 4:56 AM

Jul 2010
"I can fry! You can fry?"

Couldn't stop laughing at Chizuru punching Kyoko. xD

Sep 6, 2011 8:12 AM
Sep 2011
haha as expected when ayano touch a kamisama's chest i thought kyoko would say like ayano you want bigger boobs ? and that's true haha
Sep 6, 2011 8:30 AM
Jun 2008
blood coming out from eye is a bit out ....

AkaRinnn!!!!
Sep 6, 2011 8:37 AM

Nov 2008
alexcampos said:
I still believe the way they treat Akari on this show is NOT funny or playful...

It's just down right mean...and uncalled for.

Take Yuko from Nichijou for example....she always has bad luck and seems to get picked on by everyone.

However, the main difference is that Yuko is an idiot to begin with and Nichijou is a random anime that does many gags and "skits".

This anime is slice of life with shoujo ai.....there's no need to treat any character the way they treat Akari.

I guess the biggest irony is that Akari is NOT annoying, she's NOT an idiot, and she's NOT ugly or anything of the sort....and yet she's a black sheep.

I keep hoping her Big Sister comes to the rescue but the only chance now is episode 12.....and it wouldn't surprise me if they don't show her.

I wouldn't mind the typical first girl or childhood friend in 98% harem anime to be shut off like how Akari is so the male can choose somebody else.

Sep 6, 2011 8:41 AM

Sep 2009
It was so awesome until they said it:
Sep 6, 2011 9:57 AM

Aug 2011
alexcampos said:

I agree. I think her room in the first episode was one of the most amusing moments in the show. And I don't laugh as much as people in this thread, in fact I rarely laugh at anime. I find some humour in it amusing, 90% of the time I won't laugh.

Anyway.. by far the most amusing episode. As for people who are unsurprisingly reminded of K-On!, or to be wider, every anime show that is just for the heck of it.. you're correct. Every anime has the obligatory beach episode. And baseball episode. And Christmas episode.

2 episodes to go is kind of disappointing. I personally do not find the humour so funny but rather find it amusing. Which is why I like these shows. Shows like this make the uniqueness of anime.
Did you like my avatar, perv?
Sep 6, 2011 10:36 AM

Apr 2010
That blood spatters on Kyouko's and Ayano's faces made my day.
Sometimes i wonder where Kyouko gets all that energy from she must be drinking Red Bull none stop or something like that.
And Yui has a really hard time keeping her in check.
Where could Kyouko have been touching Ayano in that dark space...

I agree that this episode had to little Akari in it but it was still a nice episode.
Sep 6, 2011 10:50 AM

Jun 2008
Hoppy said:
I wouldn't mind the typical first girl or childhood friend in 98% harem anime to be shut off like how Akari is so the male can choose somebody else.

LOL, yeah, I can definitely agree with that!
Sep 6, 2011 11:37 AM
Aug 2011
boobsftw said:
alexcampos said:

I agree. I think her room in the first episode was one of the most amusing moments in the show.

I agree with both of you, I've been waiting the entire anime for her to show up. Almost feels like they're teasing us...

Very enjoyable nonetheless, I often keep smiling through the whole show while watching yuri yuri.
Sep 6, 2011 1:28 PM

Sep 2011
Nyahaha.. akarin, where are you?
It seems that she is missing. I think she was kidnapped by ghost
Sep 6, 2011 1:35 PM

Dec 2010
Kyoko was talking like non stop this episode, I'd like it if she shows more self awareness sometime...she's the least self aware of all the girls.

I like it that the 4 younger girls had to stay behind. I think they might be very mean to Akarin if she was to come along. They could leave her behind in that dark place, and again when the trip is over.
Sep 6, 2011 2:43 PM

Nov 2008
I still got my Yui x Kyoko goodness ^^
Sep 6, 2011 6:10 PM

Jun 2008
ihuraH_ said:
boobsftw said:
alexcampos said:

I agree. I think her room in the first episode was one of the most amusing moments in the show.

I agree with both of you, I've been waiting the entire anime for her to show up. Almost feels like they're teasing us...

Very enjoyable nonetheless, I often keep smiling through the whole show while watching yuri yuri.

Saving the best for last?
Sep 6, 2011 9:53 PM

Sep 2008
I'm actually tired of Akarin's disease... maybe it's because I just love her bubbliness so much that I miss it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2011 2:01 AM

Sep 2008
Its not like Yuru Yuri wont get a second season. >_> Anyways, favorite episode due to the whole Kyouko x Ayano. :D
Sep 7, 2011 3:33 AM

Apr 2009
Cute girls doing cute things at their very best. It's a damn pity there's only 2 episodes left ;__;

Sep 7, 2011 5:24 AM

Apr 2011
Toshino Kyoko is pure lolz.

I can't help smiling and laughing with her antics! XD
Sep 7, 2011 12:52 PM
Aug 2011
EtherSword said:
Its not like Yuru Yuri wont get a second season. >_> Anyways, favorite episode due to the whole Kyouko x Ayano. :D

If people don't buy its products. It won't.

Damn it, I wish I wasn't still living under my parent's roof! Then I'd totally support the show.. but i can't cuz my parents are homophobes :(

IF ANYONE HERE CAN BUY THE PRODUCTS DO IIIIIITTT!!

*please*

:3

Oh, and almost forgot

KYOKO X AYANO FTW <3!
Sep 8, 2011 12:01 AM

Jun 2008
I would totally buy this if it ever gets licensed, which I'd put the chances of at 50/50.
Sep 8, 2011 5:57 AM

Jun 2010
"Nice shot!" "Two-hit combo!"
I love Chitose! The explosive nose bleeds are the greatest.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2011 6:38 AM

Aug 2011
taro_sado said:
Kyoko was talking like non stop this episode, I'd like it if she shows more self awareness sometime...she's the least self aware of all the girls.

I like it that the 4 younger girls had to stay behind. I think they might be very mean to Akarin if she was to come along. They could leave her behind in that dark place, and again when the trip is over.

In regards to your first paragraph, doesn't that make her somewhat realistic? If society was not so forgiving toward girls, she might have been. Girls do stupid stuff all the time; if anything, Kyouko has 500% the self-awareness the average girl in real life has.

As for people buying.. I'm not really sure if someone will buy it. But then again, this is Japan we are talking about. I'm pretty sure K-On! was the sole reason several instruments suddenly sky-rocketed.

By the way am I the only one watching just for amusement (true I have actual lesbian I can watch, but..) instead of "OMG KAWAII GIRLS DOING SUGOI THINGS"?
Did you like my avatar, perv?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viMAL - Sep 19, 2011

210 by asbest0sdust »»
Mar 10, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 29, 2011

77 by -ODA- »»
Feb 8, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 12, 2011

130 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 22, 2011

91 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:25 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 15, 2011

99 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.