Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 15, 2011 10:32 AM
Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
viMALMay 30, 2019 2:36 PM
Aug 15, 2011 11:19 AM

Nov 2008
so many fantasy's ... glad to see the noticing of importance.. Chinatsu is a bit @.@ though.. I still think they only couplings that fit to me anyway are Sakurako and Himawari, along with Kyoko and Yui ...

And Kyoko can be my Santa any time ^^

And random chop stick cushin Akarin .. I think id burn that greeting card lol
sirwenceAug 15, 2011 11:43 AM
Aug 15, 2011 11:34 AM

Nov 2008
Sakurako and Himawari made a scene with themselves feeding each other, they were endeared at them, and I was too that was cute.

Chinatsu's fantasies lol wait it just went into yuri sex.

Aug 15, 2011 12:06 PM

Sep 2009
And once more. They didn't show us Akari's siscon elder sister (.

But at least we'll see Chizuru's twin next time
Aug 15, 2011 1:02 PM

Feb 2008
Akari pass out while watching Chinatsu-chan arts and those kids play with her hair lol.

When Kyoko hear New Year money she instead wake up rofl.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 15, 2011 1:05 PM

Aug 2010
A girl named Chitose who also happens to have a twin sister... am I the only one thinking 'Fatal Frame 2' here?

Also, the Himawari Sakurako feeding scene was GOLDEN
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Aug 15, 2011 1:20 PM
Apr 2011
That was a great episode.
Shipping to the max!

Also that Tsun X Tsun combo, it's the best.
a6342164Aug 15, 2011 1:26 PM
Aug 15, 2011 1:25 PM

Oct 2010
In Ranked Order for the Dates
1. Chinatsu x Kyouko!
2.Sakurako x Himawari!
3.Akari x Chitose
4.Ayako x Yui (Clearly boring)
That’s what I though.

So of that date with Chinatsu x Kyouko my favorite part is the following,

Chinatsu giving her hand and Kyouko actually grabbing it here, was just the best and Kyouko looked super shy here while looking at Chinatsu. The second part of their date is the plushy giving of Kyouko to Chinatsu in the spoiler
it was just too cute and from the looks of Chinatsu being all excited about that plushy here, of whom I loved that face of hers, she really wanted that plushy. In fact the start of the date was great with a enthusiastic Kyouko running. Loved the poster of the movie in the spoiler
and that Chinatsu pose flashback was a good gag. While it was nice to see Kyouko being all happy in the spoiler
considering that I loved that she actually came prepared with 2 pre-purchased tickets. Talk about preparations and her flying like a plane goof off was a good gag that was not only funny but cute too.

While in the movies the screen looked well done but most of all looking at Chinatsu with Kyouko here makes them look such a nice couple already. I knew right away when Kyouko made those eyes here, that she was planning something. In fact it was a attempted grab of Chinatsu that failed due to bad luck on Kyouko. While more bad luck came with a miss due to coincidence, something being stuck in Chinatsu’s eye. That’s too bad because Kyouko’s attempted kiss was nice in the spoiler
while in that same spoiler she changes in to a dark attitude rather quickly.

While Sakurako was quite cute here being behind her menu, I liked her more when she just plain angry at Himawari and for some reason Sakurako’s face here looks good. Oh man I found Sakurako grabbing Himawari' breasts as follows,

to be totally hilarious. That is amazing. Probably the best breast grab yet. While it was obvious that Sakurako got jealous with anger due to the breast jiggling of Himawari in the spoiler
now that was some minor fan service.

Now the 2nd best part of that date is when Sakurako feeds Himawari because she does like carrots while it was likewise nice of Himawari to feed Sakurako here. That is until people suddenly notice that. Best comedy ensues with Himawari super blush and her hitting Sakurako in the spoiler
poor her to get Himawari’s berserk shyness.

Second part, About the preview, oh my my Chitose has a twin according to this here and I kind find it easy to know it’s the twin just with eye color here. What is interesting about that twin is that she drools here instead of nose bleeding. Much more practical IMO. More Kyouko x Yui sleeping?
Yumekichi11Aug 15, 2011 3:44 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 15, 2011 1:27 PM

Sep 2008
Darn, how dare they mention the sister and not show her... even though they'll probably never show her.
I love Akari though, with the tissues and all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2011 1:55 PM

Sep 2009
> Darn, how dare they mention the sister and not show her... even though they'll probably never show her.

They must. Cause they asked Yui Horie to voice her. It would be real waste not to include her in 1 ep. at least.
Aug 15, 2011 2:20 PM

Jun 2010
It's just like Kyoko to fall asleep at that time and it's just like her to wake up when money is said. I wonder of they'll ever show Akari's sister. Whoa is that Chotose's twin or something?

Also I hope you know that YOUR BREAST RUINED MY CHRISTMAS!!!

Aug 15, 2011 2:47 PM

Apr 2009
Every single week I feel more and more sorry for Akari - and she's getting less and less screen time. The episode was as cute as always, and I'm happy for Kyouko that she got to hold hands with Chinatsu :3

Aug 15, 2011 3:47 PM

Oct 2010
Blackiris said:
Every single week I feel more and more sorry for Akari - and she's getting less and less screen time.
But but she had much more time in this episode than last time IMO.

Aug 15, 2011 3:49 PM

May 2010
Demanding more Akane and less Chinatsu
Aug 15, 2011 4:43 PM

Aug 2010
Those dates were nice. I'm kind of surprised they switched it up and went with Chinatsu with Kyouko and Ayano with Yui.
Aug 15, 2011 5:02 PM

Jul 2010
Poor Akari-chan and her botched intros...lol
Aug 15, 2011 5:08 PM

Mar 2011
Crazy secret santa date scheme!

Loved the scene of Kyouko trying to get closer to Chinatsu in the cinema and failing every time! Har har har!

Poor Araki, she always gets the blunt end of the stick, and Mari-chan is totally adorable! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Aug 15, 2011 5:29 PM

Mar 2010
"YOUR BREASTS RUINED MY CHRISTMAS!!"
Lmao, this episode was so freaking funny! I was suuuper surprised Chinatsu ended up liking Mirakurun, she never watched it, so I guess I hadn't thought about it~ A fun development though, and Kyouko's date was too darn cute~~♥
I think I liked theirs the best, then Sakurako and Himawari's~xD

‎"I'm in a terrible mood! So no breasts today!!D<"

LMAO, can I use this in a conversation someday soon??x3

Aug 15, 2011 6:06 PM

Jan 2011
soon..i can feel we'll see her older sister soon!, also inb4 lots of nosebleeds next week.
Aug 15, 2011 6:55 PM
Mar 2011
best show of the season so far? ....man last season sucked
"....i am the villain in this story"
Aug 15, 2011 6:59 PM

Jun 2008
Aah, I can't take it anymore, why can't they all have an all out orgy....I'm dying here!

Averim said:
Demanding more Akane and less Chinatsu

THIS, THIS, THIS!!!

Elite60 said:
Poor Akari-chan and her botched intros...lol

One of the best moments of the show every week!
Aug 15, 2011 8:05 PM

Jul 2010
Tsundere couple is the best thing in this series. loved how they were feeding each other and Sakurako breast attack. lol.

Don't like Kyoko pairing with Chinatsu.. I wish if she ended up with Ayano.

Yui and Ayano sat on the bench all time. ^_^

At-least Akari got Chizuru as her partner. i feared if she ended up being alone without any number on the paper. that would take joke too far imo.

I was waiting for himawari cute sister in the end. i wish if they showed himawari and sakurako family on new year instead Chinatsu fantasies which everyone already know. also she's getting too much screen time.

amginex said:
best show of the season so far?

Yup. best show of the season but too much underrated.
Aug 15, 2011 8:29 PM

Jun 2008
Han-yuu said:
amginex said:

That's a bit exaggerated in my opinion...

Baka to Test Season II is much more popular and better received than this show.

also, the MAL community has spoken:

Baka to Test II (8.25 rating) (Members: 15,949)
YuruYuri (7.29 rating) (Members: 8,393)
Aug 15, 2011 8:36 PM

Jul 2010
alexcampos said:
Han-yuu said:
amginex said:

That's a bit exaggerated in my opinion...
Baka to Test Season II is much more popular and better received than this show.

Baka to Test Ni is sequel. so most of people who's watching it already watched first season and liked it. that's why they are watching. (including me)

Yuru Yuri is not sequel, and people judge series with names like it has Yuri theme. so it sucks or Oh. It's another moe blob 4 girls K-ON or new season A-Channel. that's how series got bad rating. otherwise this series at-least deserve 8 or close to 8 rating overall.
Aug 15, 2011 8:39 PM

Jun 2008
I wish they didn't show the twin in the preview, now I want to see next week's episode... like now.

alexcampos said:

Also keeping in mind that Baka Test is the sequel to an already established, successful show. Of course it's going to have more viewers.

IMO, this show surprised me and it's become my favorite so far.
Aug 15, 2011 9:19 PM

Nov 2009
Though this show might not be the best this season it is one of the best surprises, I was expecting a really weak show. In the end I decided to watch an episode and thus I've been watching each week waiting for a new yuru yuri to come out. Each weak I fear more and more Akarin will break down and this video which has been haunting me each time I see the OP will become true.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ake5AZhtxdU
Aug 15, 2011 9:44 PM

Jun 2008
gloomheart said:
Also keeping in mind that Baka Test is the sequel to an already established, successful show. Of course it's going to have more viewers.

Yeah Ok, but there are other shows that are not Sequels that are doing just as good as YuruYuri such as Mayo Chiki....

Of course I'm not bashing YuruYuri I also like this anime, I just don't think it's the best from this season...

Blacksaber said:
Though this show might not be the best this season it is one of the best surprises, I was expecting a really weak show.

Yeah, I can definitely agree with this comment...

Blacksaber said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ake5AZhtxdU

Poor Akari, I really don't understand why they pick on her so much...

She's a million times CUTER and better than Chinatsu who in my opinion is fucking annoying.

If anything, I would say that's what bothers me most about this show....at the beginning it was funny, but now it's just mean what they do to Akari every episode.
Aug 15, 2011 10:27 PM

Dec 2009
-I totally predicted each of those pairing! I must be psychic XD
-Oh Sakurako, how could breast ruin anyones Christmas
-The dates were pretty cute, especially Chinatsu and Kyoko LOL at attempted hand-holding, and the movie's dialogue
-Akari, again the subject of misfortune, Chinatsu's card, her card to Chinatsu, and here relatives stabbing her buns

Next week: TWINS?! I smell hilarity
Love & Piece

Aug 15, 2011 11:35 PM

Feb 2011
Only Akari would worry about not getting a number. Poor girl.

On another note, what kind of group of friends would randomly pair off and pretend to be dating for a day?

Sounds kinda fun though ^_^v

And woah Chinatsu's fantasy's go to a new level. Pixellated censoring is so much better than R-15 walls of white.
Aug 15, 2011 11:59 PM

Jun 2009
Akarin is the most abused character in the show. I only thought it would only go as disappearing as the worst but she even gets molested, mindbreaked and even in intro's, she gets hurt.

I like her for it but man, she sure has it rough. I thought I would finally see Akane onee-chan... Ugh. She has to come in the shrine in the worst possible time.

Yui and Ayano has the most awkward and boring date while Akarin and Chinatsu looks like a grandmother and a granddaughter eating on a family restaurant. Tsundere Boob couple and Chinatsu, Kyoko are only the couple who looked like they're on their date.
Aug 16, 2011 3:03 AM

Jul 2009
alexcampos said:
Aah, I can't take it anymore, why can't they all have an all out orgy....I'm dying here!

Agreed!
Or at least some mouth to mouth or proper fondling ^^

As for this episode, it was quite boring imho.
Aug 16, 2011 3:04 AM

Jul 2010
I never thought I'd hear the phrases "No breasts allowed!" and "Your breasts ruined my Christmas!" anytime soon! xD

Damn this episode was so funny. First the dates and then all the New Year's Eve's from all of them. Can't wait to finally see Akari's siscon sister. =P

Aug 16, 2011 3:09 AM

Jan 2010
poor, Akari.
damn! she got less screen time.

I want MOARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
Aug 16, 2011 4:49 AM

Nov 2010
great episode. the best part was Himawari hitting Sakurako after getting embarrassed, dam that had me lmao.
Aug 16, 2011 7:15 AM

Jan 2010

LOL!!! breast not allowed on christmas
sakaAug 16, 2011 7:40 PM
Aug 16, 2011 8:41 AM

Feb 2008
the Christmas part of the ep was meh... didn't enjoy it, except for the Himawari x Sakurako feeding scene...

Akarin finally got some more screentime compared to previous episodes.. Akarin in yukata is also great...

but... WHERE'S HER ONEE-CHAN?! i was expecting her to appear since she's being mentioned... damn..
Aug 16, 2011 10:28 AM

Aug 2010
Meeeh, the couples could've been better in my opinion, and I still hope for a romance no matter how dim the chances are in these comedy animes..

Aug 16, 2011 10:31 AM

Apr 2010
There where males in this episode!!!

It was pretty fun to watch the dating i liked how Chitose and Akari ended up with each other there conversation was nice even tho it didn't have much to do with a actual date.
Ayano and Yui however seemed like a complicated date they where just sitting with not much to talk about.
Himawari and Sakurako where funny to watch when they where feeding each other and they way Himawari reacted to the gossip.

It's been confirmed now the Chinatsu has a sister and there her sister is a friend of the sister of Akari i wonder if she has a similar obsession.
Aug 16, 2011 10:54 AM

Apr 2010
Amusing as fuck.
Aug 16, 2011 10:56 AM

Jul 2010
alexcampos said:
Yeah Ok, but there are other shows that are not Sequels that are doing just as good as YuruYuri such as Mayo Chiki....
Of course I'm not bashing YuruYuri I also like this anime, I just don't think it's the best from this season...

Rating is subjective but seriously Mayo Chiki. I'm just trying to not drop more series than i already did, otherwise first episode was enough to see what is coming next and it didn't prove me wrong.

If i compare Yuru Yuri as best series with some other new from this season. Definitely Usagi Drop is the best in term of story and lighthearted feelings. Also Kamisama no Memochou and Mawaru Penguindrum are good but as a comedy i would prefer Yuru Yuri. just my opinion.
Aug 16, 2011 11:06 AM

Oct 2010
EternalDreamer said:
alexcampos said:
Or at least some mouth to mouth or proper fondling ^^
Well there was some of that in the beginning but it quickly went out. WTF is Yui getting fondled again by Kyouko, I would not mind some more gags of that but there is always Sakurako/Himawari getting her breasts abused.

Aug 17, 2011 7:31 AM

Dec 2010
Lol...this show is so tempting...the comedy is absolutely great for me, but like I said from the last episode topic I'd rather prefer if there was an orgy of sort/mouth to mouth/proper fondling it should happened at the end of the source material. Gotta save the best for last right?

It would be a treat and showing it too early would make it hard to top the yuri situation. Then the show could go downhill from that....But I would like it if the anime still gives us a nice treat at the end muawahahhaha.
Aug 17, 2011 9:02 AM

Feb 2011
Sakurako x Himawari

Fav. pairing in this episode.
Aug 17, 2011 8:37 PM
Aug 2011
Himawari and Sakurako are SO right for each other. Them wishing for anyone BUT each other had me ROFL!

And I, personally, root for Ayano x Kyoko.

I think Yui and Kyoko are just very good friends. Just like Chitose and Ayano.

We can deduce from his episode that Ayano x Yui is a very awkward pairing xD LMFAO.

OMG CHITOSE'S TWIN NEXT EP??? I noticed they look EXACTLY the same except fo the eye color. That's how you tell them apart. Chitose has blue eyes and her twin green.

Do they both wear glasses :o?

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EP! I agree with everybody else... this show is so underrated. I think the characters have as much chemistry as the Lucky Star characters did. Without the torturous subtext, that is.
Aug 18, 2011 5:18 AM

Jul 2011
OK I know that the anime is called YURI YURI but OMG There are no men in the anime? All girls are lesbians ! XD
ainkyAug 18, 2011 6:40 AM
Aug 18, 2011 9:51 AM
Aug 2011
LOL I think the only straight one might be Akari xD.

And possibly even... CHITOSE! She only likes to fantasize about yuri, but she herself doesn't have an interest in girls THAT WAY. I think..... what about her sister, though :P?

Oh, and Yui, too!

And there were TOO some men! They showed up in this ep, I think. As christmas couples. I like loli men, they're so cute xD!
Aug 18, 2011 6:11 PM
Mar 2011
Han-yuu said:
alexcampos said:

Rating is subjective but seriously Mayo Chiki. I'm just trying to not drop more series than i already did, otherwise first episode was enough to see what is coming next and it didn't prove me wrong.

If i compare Yuru Yuri as best series with some other new from this season. Definitely Usagi Drop is the best in term of story and lighthearted feelings. Also Kamisama no Memochou and Mawaru Penguindrum are good but as a comedy i would prefer Yuru Yuri. just my opinion.

oh yeah, forgot Usagi Drop. i rate that higher than Yuru Yuri, but Mayo Chiki, imo, is lower than YY. Kamisama and Penguindrum also are great series' but im still confused about those shows
"....i am the villain in this story"
Aug 18, 2011 6:15 PM
Aug 2011
Mayo chiki is too predictable... and the fanservice makes me want to puke >:p

i haven't dropped it because frankly idk what else to watch. All the other anime this season haven't piqued my interest :/

OH! But I'm looking forward to the negima movie ^^! I think the konosetsu kiss will happen...
Aug 19, 2011 10:17 PM

Nov 2009
i need some yuri scenes already fml
Aug 21, 2011 5:37 PM

Jul 2009
Lol @ their intense concentration XD Yui and Ayano just sat there ... Chinatsu and Kyouko were pretty good (like the movie and the arcade), Akari and Chitose were pretty normal and Sakurako was pretty funny haha XD
Hmm, so Chinatsu and Akari's sisters know each other? Interesting ... oh and new year's cards haha
Looks like Chitose has a twin next episode, huh O_O
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viMAL - Sep 19, 2011

210 by asbest0sdust »»
Mar 10, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 29, 2011

77 by -ODA- »»
Feb 8, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 5, 2011

115 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 12, 2011

130 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 22, 2011

91 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.