Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 18, 2014 11:37 AM

May 2010
I wonder who she plans on leaving the inn too then? Ohana? >_>

And I can definitely see where Minko is coming from. Yeah she should've treated Ohana better but I'm sure she'll apologize later...since it's not Ohana's fault..
Jul 21, 2014 2:33 AM

Dec 2012
And here I was thinking that the whole Tohru thing was in the past.

I really liked getting some background on the Manager, that scene where she accepts Takako and Enishi's marriage was touching. Although I was surprised that she isn't letting them succeed the inn. I wonder if she now plans to hand it over to Ohana.
Aug 21, 2014 6:55 PM
Jun 2014
I can feel the void start to expand as the series is nearing its end :/
Sep 12, 2014 7:04 PM

Jul 2014
holy shit, the managers flashback was so sweet!
did takako only want to marry the young master because she wanted to succeed the inn? i feel like i missed something.
is ownership of the inn reserved for ohana's mom, or does the manager plan to have ohana succeed the inn?
Mar 25, 2015 7:52 PM

Jun 2013
This was a really heartbreaking episode, i love minchi but ohana has done nothing wrong so ahhh
Jun 15, 2015 1:15 AM

Apr 2014
MusashiRose said:
I wonder what Ohana thinks... about Tohru. She seems to finally be considering Tohru's feelings for her, and she seems to be flustered. I expected her to just ignore it and push Minko and Tohru together... but she seems pretty shaken up.

I'd rather see Ohana x Tohru together personally... they compliment each other and Tohru seems to enjoy her company... because Minchi is acting spoiled and more like a little brat then I took her for. I understand loving someone who's into someone else SUCKS... I've been there... but getting violent and being a bitch doesn't make me think you're even 1/2 ready for a relationship. And Ko..? Ugh. He's soo boring...
^ My feelings exactly.

Idk. I like Minchi and understand wherw she's coming from, from looking at it from what the narrative has presented us, Tohru and Ohana don't revolve around each other... in a good way! Minchi, on the other hand, has been obsessing about Tohru since she started working there and doesn't handle her feelings in a mature manner or even know if her end goals align with Tohru. Gah.

(Of coursem we don't know much about Ohana either, but it helps she's working in getting her own life together first.)
Aug 1, 2015 11:33 PM

Jul 2012
Can't wait to see this wedding :)

That cliffhanger.. What does she mean when she isn't planning to pass on the inn to those two? Maybe she doesn't like the way they do things and is planning to let Ohana take over?
Aug 10, 2015 12:13 PM

Jul 2014
at the end I was getting pretty sentimental seeing the Okami bowing before Takako, showing her the ring, and telling her about her husband, but then it got really awkward at the last second...lolol

this show is truly SOL, many of the characters behaviors and reactions are so real. Especially Minko's hypocritical thinking.

I feel bad for Ohana, taking all of Minko's wrath needlessly gah I hate seeing Ohana being mistreated.

also, I've been meaning to say this, but Beanman is the trillest.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2016 8:49 AM
Jul 2014
Lovely episode, enjoyed it! I wonder what Shijima-sama meant at the end?! Who else is gonna succeed?!? Satsuki isn't interested (or is she?), Ohana is too young... Anyway Tooru saying 'I like kids' wasn't even nearly l from lolicon!!! Perverts. How can you say that?!? There's ton of it, but just not in this case...
Jul 15, 2016 12:15 PM
Jan 2012
beautiful episode.
I liked flashback scenes,but final make me a confuse me. Now have 5 episodes to finish.
RafaKojiroJul 15, 2016 12:19 PM
May 21, 2017 10:43 AM

Jun 2013
After 21 episodes, Minko and Ohana are back to square one. Sure, probably not for long, but it still provides a fair amount of unintentional comedy.

I hated Tohru before it was cool, so his jackassery in this episode was nothing new. The fact that he's so oblivious to Minko's feelings isn't what makes him a jerk (or an all-around lame character, but I digress).

But even Ren can see it. Probably everyone knows it except for Kitchen Jesus himself. Oh well, we're probably just piling pressure on Minko so she eventually will confess to him. Whatever.

At least we got a Sui flashback, and the encounter in the bath had kind of nice visuals (on a technical level).
LeeTailorJul 14, 2017 11:46 AM
Aug 27, 2017 3:14 PM

Jun 2015
There needs to be a Least Favorite Character list so I can put Minko on it, I haven't disliked a character this much in a while... I especially don't like that she lashes out so much at Ohana for just being generally more awesome :P I don't think Tohru did anything wrong either, Minko is just psycho.

At least we finally have Takako and "Anything" getting married, it's about time! No shocker that Sui didn't intend on letting them take over the inn. It's got to be her daughter, right? Maybe I'm off the mark there, though; I wonder if she would even accept that.
Oct 7, 2017 3:50 AM

Dec 2010
I guess that 3/4 of the driving force of this title comes from Minko, so I wont judge her for her attitude. I'm actually more interested in what's going to happen with her than in Enishi's wedding.
Nov 19, 2017 12:06 PM

Aug 2015
I feel conflicted towards Minko's behaviour. On one hand I understand how she feels, her jealousy and desperation are blatantly obvious, but that doesn't warrant lashing out at Ohana who hasn't intentionally done something to hurt her. Looking at Minko's relationship with Tooru as a whole, she hasn't done much to express her love for him except make omelette rice with "love" written on it which Tooru thought nothing of. That's not to say she's entirely at fault for the lack of romantic development, I'm surprised at how oblivious Tooru is to her words and actions.

The flashback of Sui and her husband was quite touching. Her words at the end of the episode about not letting Enishi and Takako take over the inn were kind of expected, although it perfectly broke the mood and created a great cliffhanger.
Dec 26, 2018 10:16 AM

Nov 2016
Minko is hating herself and leashes it out on Ohana, pretty common behaviour. I just hope that she will resolve her problem herself and approach Tohru.

Also looking forward to the wedding.

Great episode again, really loved the beautiful flashback from granny:3

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 3, 2019 8:14 PM

Jul 2016
How to ruin an anime? Just add a character with the same personality as Minko's infuriating one. She was beyond annoying in this episode, even more than in the whole previous ones. Blaming Ohana because she "stole" Tooru from her, seriously? I mean, it's not her fault if she has a better and more appealing personality than yours... Things like these make me wonder why the kids from school are so obsessed with Minko in the first place.

And also, what with wanting a wedding all of a sudden? Seriously, the "relationship" between Enishi and Takako couldn't have been less developed yet the studio dedicates a little arc for them to suddenly get married... it really looks like poor writing, being honest but well.

Overall, this was probably the worst episode so far yet it managed to include one of the best scenes in the whole show. Personally, I really enjoyed Sui's backstory with her husband and how they "inherited" the Inn. Not to mention that knowing that the Inn was named after Sui was actually really sweet to hear as well. Who would have said that the best man in this anime would be the one who was already dead?

P.S. 1: Tooru wants to have five kids yet he's as dense as if he were 14 or something...

P.S. 2: Nako running away saying she'll get pregnant after reading Jiroumaru's story was adorable for some reason...
Feb 1, 2021 2:09 AM

Feb 2012
Great plot twist at the end, though not totally unexpected. The manager has expressed quite clearly that she doesn't think highly of the way Enishi handles the inn. He doesn't even have enough character to say no to anything that Takako says, so in the end she would just change everything. I doubt Satsuki will take over though. She might have a vision, but all her choices indicate that she wouldn't like the kind of life that being an inn manager entails. And Ohana is too young and inexperienced. I'm guessing there won't be a resolution at this point, although the manager is diligent enough to have thought of a successor already in case something happens to her.

I don't care much who ends up together. People have their feelings, but it's not like the series has had much relationship progress up until now, no romantic moments to speak of. Most of the cast doesn't seem ready for a relationship right now based on how they've been behaving, so not pairing up anyone would feel satisfying in its own way, as it seems realistic. Some kind of solution to the Ohana/Minko/Tohru triangle would be good, but it doesn't have to be a romantic one. The only drama there comes from Minko's unspoken feelings, since Ohana and Tohru haven't expressed that much, so if Minko's inner conflict is addressed, then the rest is okay, whatever happens.
Jun 20, 2021 3:02 PM

Mar 2019
Oh no, we're getting into the drama, I don't want this. WHAT WAS THAT ENDING WITH THE LANDLORD. I guess she meant "I want to die with this inn" because otherwise they will change it? Idk why else she would say that.

NOW, FOR THE MAIN PART OF THIS EPISODE. THE DAMN LOVE TRIANGLE that's still not a full one yet because Tohru is still not in it. Both Minchi and Ohana are dumb as shit. Ohana can get SOOO annoying at times, but Minchi is also just as annoying. Like man, you literally got your whole heart broken just because Tohru said "you sound like Ohana" and then go and hate Ohana for the rest of your life.
Her love for Tohru is just a dumb teenager love because "omg he's so hot and his voice is so cool, I want to marry him", I may be wrong but that's what I'm getting from this. You're only 16 years old, calm down....
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 30, 2021 1:37 AM

Jun 2020
Marriage seems to be a bit off timing but hey it's Enishi so anything can happen with that guy

Minko should be a little more open and learn how to express herself and don't just keep everything to herself or something unprecedented might appear

Sui's past was heartwarming and her husband was really nice Mr. Beans was a long-time staff as well, And in the end she really didn't want to hand over management well not in the meantime.
Sep 7, 2021 9:51 PM
Apr 2021
i hope someone will slap minko..

Oct 18, 2022 7:25 AM
Oct 2019
I laughed so hard when Ren-san got shivers down his spine when Tomoe just thought of him as a potential partner. He has strong instincts lol.

“Marriage is a promise not to let your spouse be alone, ever again”. That is such a powerful line. Might use it for my own wedding, if I can find a partner of my own that is

Seems I wasn’t as annoyed as most here with Minchi, but I do think she’s being extremely unreasonable. It’s not as if Ohana intentionally tries to get Tohru to like her.

I’m also not usually a shipper in general so I’m not really too invested in TohruxOhana or TohruxMinko or OhanaxKo but I’m honestly not feeling anything with Tohru and Ko at all. Also, how old is Tohru ? I’m getting the impression that he’s in 20s, which kinda makes me feel iffy considering Minko and Ohana are 16
Mar 20, 2023 10:52 AM
Dec 2017
Let's go Minko decides to show her feelings / thinking about Ohana x Tohru.
I don't give my confidence to Takako. She seems too much unpredictable.
Jan 10, 11:51 AM
May 2020
wedding is nice!

minko should be honest with herself and tooru

okami backstory nice!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

327 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.