Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 16, 2011 10:57 AM

Jun 2008
Ahhh man this anime is so overrated...
Aug 16, 2011 11:23 AM
Jan 2011
katsu044 said:
my face for this whole episode

Ok, so who's this guy?
Aug 16, 2011 2:04 PM

Mar 2011
Predictable. TOO DAMN PREDICTABLE. Glasses kid is such a weak character. Did not enjoy this episode at all. Other than the snippets with Rin .. glasses kid...he's such a coward. I guess they wanted us to feel the fear and power of the son of Satan..but glasses kid was just getting on my nerves. HIS NAME EVEN AIN'T MEMORABLE. ><

-Fight-o, Rin.

-Does anyone else have the feeling Amaimon got turned into that green hamster for Mephisto's (whatever his name is....) pure enjoyment? I think so ;)
Aug 16, 2011 4:15 PM

Jul 2009
Eh... I hope that was filler... I'd lose hope in this series if that was serious.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 16, 2011 6:10 PM

Apr 2011
Well I don't like Konekomaru and I hate fillers (Hopefully it was a filler, besides the laboratory), but the episode was okay. Could be worse :D
Anyway...that hamster/mouse is really suspicious and I feel revenge in the air. ;D

Aug 16, 2011 7:03 PM

Jan 2011
Orzi said:

I have a bad feeling that we will get only fillers until the end. There was only 4-5 episodes to end, and producers need to finish the story "brilliantly", even if the manga has just started. And we will wait for "Ao no Exorcist: Brotherhood"

No, if anything, we'll just get an original ending to this series.

People are confusing changed material for filler, yes there is a difference people. Changed material is anime original material, but it does further the plot. Filler on the other hand is original material that serves absolutely no point to the plot, and is usually "forgotten" about or can even contradict future or past revelations....

Even with the changes from the manga, this story is still proceeding and is flowing well, compare that to Naruto, where Filler contradict parts of its own anime. Now thats bad filler.
Aug 17, 2011 2:56 AM

Mar 2010
Tenchi_Ryu said:

No, if anything, we'll just get an original ending to this series.

People are confusing changed material for filler, yes there is a difference people. Changed material is anime original material, but it does further the plot. Filler on the other hand is original material that serves absolutely no point to the plot, and is usually "forgotten" about or can even contradict future or past revelations....

Even with the changes from the manga, this story is still proceeding and is flowing well, compare that to Naruto, where Filler contradict parts of its own anime. Now thats bad filler.

In polish fandom we use term "filler" for any non-manga material. I know it can be confusing, especially for english language speaking people, but so... It's my bad habit. I will try to use the correct form, sorry.

The Naruto fillers are detached from the plot, because there are no limit to 26 episodes, and then they are going to continue the main thread in the future. AnE anime producers haven't intentions like that, so they can do their own end connected to the canon story. But, in my opinion, their own work is nothing more than gibberish typical for shounen-anime stereotypes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2011 9:55 AM

Jul 2011
I can't imagine how to end this anime in more 7 episodes. Rin must defeat Satan and can't even control your own powers. He's just a Esquire.

And about his other "brothers" from Gehenna? Yukio's powers? That misterious lab who appear in last episode? Will Bon, Shiemi and the others trust again in Rin? Questions, questions questions...

I really would enjoy if Ao no Exorcist have a second season like Bakuman.
Aug 17, 2011 10:43 AM
Jun 2008
raffinhaselistre said:
He's just a Esquire.
and Naruto is still genin after watching more than 100+ episode lol .
Aug 17, 2011 12:07 PM

Jul 2011
But in case of Naruto, he already control and uses Kyuuby's Chackra very well and can fight in a lot of battles against hundred of enemies. We can say he is practically a Jounin in terms of power and experience. Pratically, ok? [?]

Rin is another case. He can't control the demoniac powers very well and doesn't have any expressive fighting skills who can help him to win a fight against Satan (suposition). In my opinion he still is in the Esquire level.
oponionsAug 17, 2011 12:57 PM
Aug 17, 2011 12:34 PM

Dec 2009
Nice one, Rin. This episode was very cliche but I liked it.
Aug 17, 2011 1:08 PM

Oct 2010
I loved the after effect of Gale in the spoiler
when he was killed by Rin! It looks nice those blue swirls.
MorningGlory said:
Chibi-Alice said:
Amaimon hamster! O u O
this lol same color like Amaimon, act like Amaimon , look like Amaimon .Unfortunately,its not same species like Amaimon >_<
According to the spoiler
it may very well be Amaimon being resurrected and punished by this body.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 17, 2011 2:38 PM

Mar 2010
Mephisto can turn into a dog, so why Amaimon could not turn into a hamster?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2011 3:08 PM

Jul 2010
Pretty sure this is filler. Although I haven't read the manga. The next episode looks interesting... 'An Ordinary Day' ahaha. Maybe they're making it stray completely off the manga, like FMA, first show. Hopefully this'll be good. But, if this is the case, it'll be cool if they make something like Brotherhood later on where it completely follows the manga. Well, we'll see in time.
Aug 17, 2011 4:13 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, nearly ever possible cliche in shounen anime was packed into this one episode...at least it was filler, apparently. But I still don't understand how this anime stands out from all the other shounen anime out there.
Aug 17, 2011 8:26 PM

Feb 2010
raffinhaselistre said:
I can't imagine how to end this anime in more 7 episodes. Rin must defeat Satan and can't even control your own powers. He's just a Esquire.

And about his other "brothers" from Gehenna? Yukio's powers? That misterious lab who appear in last episode? Will Bon, Shiemi and the others trust again in Rin? Questions, questions questions...

I really would enjoy if Ao no Exorcist have a second season like Bakuman.

+1. Season 2 anyone?!
Aug 17, 2011 8:31 PM

Aug 2011
is the anime following the manga or is it straying like the first FMA?
Aug 18, 2011 2:55 PM

Aug 2009
It still doesn't make any sense how no one could see that demon except for Rin and Koneko.
Aug 18, 2011 4:00 PM

Sep 2009
STM said:
It still doesn't make any sense how no one could see that demon except for Rin and Koneko.

It does if you think about it. Rin is part demon, and as the show has already explained he can see/hear demonic things that regular humans can't. The reason Koneko could see it was probably because it allowed itself be seen by him.
Aug 18, 2011 4:23 PM

Oct 2010
amazing_zia said:
STM said:
It does if you think about it. Rin is part demon, and as the show has already explained he can see/hear demonic things that regular humans can't. The reason Koneko could see it was probably because it allowed itself be seen by him.
Yeah but I though all can see demons as long as they have a wound from them. Is that not right?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 18, 2011 4:41 PM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
amazing_zia said:
STM said:
Yeah but I though all can see demons as long as they have a wound from them. Is that not right?

My thoughts exactly. I don't remember them stating demons can make themselves invisible for humans. That is way too convenient, why didn't all the other demons do that anyway? They could've just stealth-killed all the exorcists. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Aug 18, 2011 10:57 PM

Dec 2009
*sigh* Well, Anime-side, it was pretty good and I liked it! And, yes, Hamaimon is so adorable and cute ❤ And, yes, he completely stole the episode. Haha!

But, for the Manga, completely filler and - dare I say?! - boring. I hate to say it, but, I am putting the Anime down a point or two unless it picks up from now on or if Yukio becomes a bad guy. Because, if he does become a demon, then that will be amazing and give the Anime an amazing ending since it'll be brother against brother! That would totally redeem itself in my book

I still love the Anime and will be collecting the DVDs, but, it's just not the same as in the beginning. But, oh well - I still have the amazing Manga and will be collecting every volume available c:
Aug 18, 2011 11:38 PM

May 2010
Ok episode I guess, the fight scene at the beginning was better than the last one.

Mephistopheles sitting around like nothing's happening around him.. LIKE A BOSS!!
Aug 19, 2011 12:17 PM

Apr 2011
STM said:
Yumekichi11 said:
amazing_zia said:
STM said:

My thoughts exactly. I don't remember them stating demons can make themselves invisible for humans. That is way too convenient, why didn't all the other demons do that anyway? They could've just stealth-killed all the exorcists. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Maybe that demon was just powerful enough to trick normal humans or even exorcists, but not demons. Since he was really weak in fighting I believe that the demon must be some kind of Illusionist or something like that. So his power is to hide himself and to control other beings with his lies. And since there was no real strong exorcist, which could reveal him, he was able to trick them all.

Aug 21, 2011 10:10 AM

Oct 2010
Rrrr.... To be honest, my eyes were only on Yukio. He was really underused, it's been a long time, it's almost too late for them to make him a plot device, just barely. I hope something good is in store.

I haven't read the manga and never been a filler complainer but I have to admit I dislike the pacing as well. They can be leisurely if this is a 50+ episode but time is running out. Guess Ao no Exorcist can't end up being a legendary shounen material, but I still love it for it is. Pick up the story please... pleasee... original ending doesn't always mean disaster, it's ok if that's they way it should be.
Aug 22, 2011 5:57 AM

Aug 2010
Oh my I want Hamaimon.

I was pretty dissapointed because Rin was just so easy to beat Amaimon. He is the Earth King, right? DX (lol sorry I'm Amaimon's fangirl :P)

And... anyone knows what anime is in the break? the one with a little girl and a boy in the beach, then bushiroad...? really I'm curious...
Aug 26, 2011 4:18 AM

Nov 2007
Is it just me or has the art quality gone down this ep? Some of these scenes are looking a bit like Naruto-quality haha.

So why does Suguro like Rin again in this episode? Last ep he had a huge problem with him towards the end (for some weird, inconsistent-within-the-episode reason).

LOL what a stupid fucking fight scene. Why did the others stop fighting once the bird demon had stopped with its wind barrier? Rin was distracting it enough that they had a chance. Plus why would Koneko trust Rin all of a sudden and jump into his arms (covered in blue flames, the thing that Koneko is so scared of)? I mean, Suguro or Shima could have fucking stepped up and caught him while Rin took care of the demon. What a load of bull.

Aww, hamster!Amaimon. <3
Aug 26, 2011 2:58 PM

May 2009
Goddammit Rin, why didn't you tell everyone that Konekomaru was possessed?! You really deserved that punch, because you're a fucking moron!

And Konekomaru, you should have really left: there's no place for wussies in this anime. And why Suguro likes again Rin, when in the last scene he threatened to kill him?!

Well, let's hope the next episode will be good-oh wait, it's filler. Geez, this anime is really going downhill...

2/5
Aug 26, 2011 10:34 PM

Oct 2007
shinki7 said:
I wonder why are akuma calling Rin "filithy akuma" when they are not even half human.

I think the reason why they call Rin filthy is BECAUSE he is half human. To them, "humans" are the dirty beings.
Sep 17, 2011 1:08 PM

Jun 2011
Kannei said:
love this ep especially the scene where rin saved neko

dont tell me the green mouse mephisto haves is amaimon !!! at least its sooo cute

I'm pretty sure it's him. Because he has the pointy thing on his head, has the purple eyes, and of course he's green!
Sep 20, 2011 10:41 PM

Mar 2010
Just another go-happy episode which felt like it was supposed to be used for an ending to the series. I had high hopes when I started watching this, but, like always, I have severely lowered my standards. Oh, well. Looking forward to the next!
Sep 25, 2011 1:29 PM

Jan 2010
Ridiculous, they completely changed the plot line from the manga -.-. this isn't going to end well!
Oct 25, 2011 9:09 PM

Sep 2008
Yukio is dumb if he thinks his brother will attack someone without reason. Even though he seemingly goes on rampages, nobody even questioned him on his actions. Therefore everyone is a fool.
Oct 27, 2011 9:20 AM

Jun 2011
A decent episode and like always the fight scene is too short.

That green hamster in Mephisto's room looks like Amaimon~
Dec 20, 2011 7:37 AM

May 2009
Rin tries really hard, he really does..

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.

Feb 25, 2012 6:24 AM

Nov 2010
I wonder who ordered the Raven to attack.
Apr 19, 2012 3:49 PM

Apr 2012
Crows are normally pretty awesome, but that shadow one was quite a jerk.
Also, these Japanese ads are fascinating.
Jun 11, 2012 11:41 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode XD Bon was awesome and so was Rin at the end :P Kind of a typical "friends" speech but still, it gave me nice feelings haha XD
Yukio's thing on his arm is growing and it seems to hurt too. ALSO HAMSTER AMAIMON LOL WTF XD Wonder about the lab in the forest too ... looks like the teacher guy from before let the demon in?
Er, next episode looks like filler though? O_O The title ... Shima telling fortunes ... well uh, that'll be interesting XD
Jun 25, 2012 6:33 AM

Jun 2011
Amaimon's a hamster! YEA!!!!!!!
Aug 18, 2012 7:13 PM

Jul 2011
-baka Konekomaru..

-Sweet Nakama episode <3
Aug 27, 2012 7:50 AM
Oct 2011
There's a great post about Blue Exorcist here which I think you may be interested to read.

http://www.mangauk.com/?p=to-the-devil-a-son
Aug 30, 2012 9:55 PM
Jul 2018
Annoying Konekomaru. He should just have quit, right?

Anyway, need to read the manga soon.
removed-userAug 30, 2012 9:59 PM
Sep 25, 2012 6:09 AM

Jan 2012
Nice episode. The fight was rather good. I enjoyed that Konekomaru and Rin made up in the end.

Nov 24, 2012 12:47 AM

Sep 2011
What a little bitch.
Nov 24, 2012 3:51 AM

Jan 2012
Broccoli hamster!! ^w^
Jan 28, 2013 1:57 PM

May 2012
Nice part on konekomaru but yea more of a sidestory filler than something else! Either way good episode!
Jun 1, 2013 6:45 PM

Mar 2009
Good episode. What a shame that Rin has to constantly prove himself to his friends.
Jul 31, 2013 12:21 AM

May 2013
Yokatta nee, Koneko-hage? ^___^
May 20, 2014 12:19 AM

Mar 2012
Noooo, such a good show, why use forced drama now? I guess there wouldn't be enough material for this episode if he had just said there's a demon raven behind Konekomaru -_-

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jul 29, 2014 3:24 AM

Apr 2014
I still can't get over how cool Rin is when he unsheathes his sword and his tail/flames appears. I wonder what they did with the car in the parking lot, couldn't have just left it there ya know
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.