Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 12, 2011 9:48 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A woman, who was created as homunculus as experiment by her "father", the real magician (not use of book of magic), to get guys??

Hyui seeing little girl from his memory again when releasing Dalian's book.

lol @ she met a completely different guy!!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 12, 2011 11:39 AM

Aug 2010
The story was interesting in this episode but the ending was rushed, but that's to be expected when you only have one episode.
Aug 12, 2011 12:25 PM

Oct 2010
tsubasalover said:
Hyui seeing little girl from his memory again when releasing Dalian's book.
I was most interested in this.

OK guys! Catching up with subs at the speed of light! I am really O_O at some pic qualities anyway I will soon share some visuals! Just watching RAW for now. Edit this later.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 12, 2011 3:27 PM

Oct 2009
I was completely thrown off at the end of that episode. 5 men looking to marry the woman they love and she chose a man that did not appear in the episode at all!?

WTF!??

Otherwise, an okay episode.

Aug 12, 2011 3:33 PM

Sep 2008
The ending totally killed the mood and awesomeness.
Otherwise, Yes, seeing so many phantom books was a great thing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2011 3:52 PM

Jan 2010
Found my favorite character, anyway. Magicians are cool.

And he conceded so gracefully. He's my hero and I want to grow up to be like him.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Aug 12, 2011 5:22 PM

Feb 2008
anyone think that the man who came to pick her up is the magician.....it is very highly likely.

she not only had the knowledge but asked a bunch of people to bring her the very books that would defend her precisely against the magician? knowledge that the magician gave her? it seems to me that this experiment of his had a bigger meaning, namely to find if she really exists.
Aug 12, 2011 5:26 PM

Mar 2009
Show is so bad. Why did this episode turn into Gurren Lagann near the end?
Aug 12, 2011 5:55 PM
Oct 2010
otakuthon49 said:
I was completely thrown off at the end of that episode. 5 men looking to marry the woman they love and she chose a man that did not appear in the episode at all!?

WTF!??

Actually, for me the ending was exactly what I thought would be. The whole episode was like a gag routine... or perhaps it was precisely a gag routine...

Anyway, I think this episode was SO BAD it was good.

Though I would understand if others think it was simply bad.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 12, 2011 7:31 PM

Jun 2011
And here I thought I would never see that fabulous unlocking Dalian scene again.
Aug 12, 2011 8:00 PM

Jan 2010
I didn't like this episode. This episode was moving way too fast.

Also Troll ending.................just saying.
Aug 12, 2011 8:59 PM

Jul 2010
lol I never thought there'd be a different guy that she likes!
I find this episode so corny but not in a bad way.
Aug 12, 2011 9:13 PM

Dec 2010
I laughed at the ending. But I somewhat expected she'd choose Huey for some reason. And the pretty lights reminded me of TTGL.
Aug 12, 2011 9:35 PM

Jan 2010
I thought she was gonna choose Huey as well, and I'm sure the magician will be returning.

Also, the art in this episode was kinda weird, anyone else noticed that? Still, decent episode.

Aug 12, 2011 10:42 PM

Sep 2010
Uugh...
Aug 12, 2011 11:55 PM
Apr 2011
Wow. I get what you guys mean.
Ajunky said:
otakuthon49 said:

WTF!??

Actually, for me the ending was exactly what I thought would be. The whole episode was like a gag routine... or perhaps it was precisely a gag routine...

Though I would understand if others think it was simply bad.

I had the same feeling too. I LOL'd throughout the episode especially the ending. XD
Aug 13, 2011 2:02 AM
May 2011
kisami said:
anyone think that the man who came to pick her up is the magician.....it is very highly likely.

she not only had the knowledge but asked a bunch of people to bring her the very books that would defend her precisely against the magician? knowledge that the magician gave her? it seems to me that this experiment of his had a bigger meaning, namely to find if she really exists.

Could be possible, but my guess would be that the Baron is another humunculus especially if you notice the dead expression in his eyes at the close up shot with Viola. Either way, we will see more of the magician for sure.

I just wish the show had more budget and more eps, I like the series, but all these episode are so damn rushed :(
Aug 13, 2011 2:17 AM

Feb 2010
Troll Ending FTW
Aug 13, 2011 2:37 AM

May 2009
Gainax be trolling again. Nothing new here.
Aug 13, 2011 3:16 AM

Feb 2011
Women are like phantom books they are mysterious drop dead Hahaha Dalian blushes at the end.
Aug 13, 2011 3:30 AM

Aug 2010
lol i could not take this episode seriously after Armand appeared for some reason, i just cant >_>; and i was right in doing that LOL
Huey's kick was awesome at first i thought it was part of the comedy till the mercury fairy appeared lulz
anyways after some break time we get the Huey-reaching-into-Dalian's-chest yet again except this time he took out some rainbow thing :3 that allowed the 5 suitors to use the books lulz
hurray for super reading speed o_O didnt like the ending very much lol poor Armand ;P
Aug 13, 2011 3:49 AM

May 2010
Kurosane said:
I laughed at the ending. But I somewhat expected she'd choose Huey for some reason. And the pretty lights reminded me of TTGL.

me too!but she went with that baron guy.not my problem though since she is not my fav.
Aug 13, 2011 5:06 AM

Apr 2011
Was glad to get the full sequence of reaching into Dalian's chest this time, the last couple adventures were high on the mystery and devoid of any actual fighting. Seeing not one but five Phantom Books was pretty awesome, and helped the suitors overcome the downside of having to read aloud while the Count could just hardcast. I may have to rewatch this one since I had company, so my attention was split, but I enjoyed it overall :)

5/5
Aug 13, 2011 7:28 AM

Jun 2010
So after five men proper to her, the sixth one takes the cake? I don't get her system.

Aug 13, 2011 8:08 AM

Jan 2009
This show is like, not very interesting at all, but there's something about it that still manages to make it enjoyable. Unlike some other similar shows we've had recently.
I must say I was kind of hoping Armand would die though. Damn, I can't remember the last time I saw someone behaving like an idiot in the same way he did.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 13, 2011 9:37 AM

Aug 2010
It was a decent episode. I don't really see anything epic happening with this show though... : /
Aug 13, 2011 10:10 AM

Dec 2009
"Aren't you lonely?"
"I've already forgotten what it means to be lonely. Yes, I had forgotten how it felt... until you came here."

I found this so cute. ♥
I want to know more about this pink-haired girl.
Aug 13, 2011 10:33 AM

Jun 2009
Damn, this episode was full of bullshit. Something made it quite enjoyable though, dunno what really. I can't drop it anyway, as there's Dalian, also there might be moar Noto Mamiko later. <3 That's not very probable looking at how episodes are constructed though. So i hope some main plot kicks in between those episodic stories soon.
Oh yeah, that silver haired girl wich talking with young Hyuey(that's him right?) inside the Bibliotheca. I need some more info on her too. I guess that'd come along with the 'main plot' actually.
And did i mention Dalian. <3
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 13, 2011 11:10 AM

Dec 2009
OrochiPL said:

Oh yeah, that silver haired girl wich talking with young Hyuey(that's him right?) inside the Bibliotheca. I need some more info on her too.

I still wonder if it's Huey or his grandfather.. >_>
Aug 13, 2011 11:15 AM

Jan 2010
Liinah said:
OrochiPL said:

Oh yeah, that silver haired girl wich talking with young Hyuey(that's him right?) inside the Bibliotheca. I need some more info on her too.

I think that really is Huey. But I have no idea who's the silver hair girl.
Aug 13, 2011 11:24 AM

Nov 2007
boring episode only good part was the troll ending. that Armond guy was pretty annoying.

it did feel rushed and I didn't really care about Viola or any of those annoying guys that were in love with her.
Aug 13, 2011 11:31 AM

Dec 2009
DaiTomodachi said:
Liinah said:
OrochiPL said:

I think that really is Huey. But I have no idea who's the silver hair girl.

Isn't that girl's hair pink? >_>

So Huey doens't remember those things, because in the first episode he said he wanted to find the Bibliotheca Mystica de Dantalian, so if he once was there, the only explanation is that he doesn't have memories of it
Aug 13, 2011 1:17 PM

Dec 2010
I guess I drop it for now and wait for the soundtrack to be released. That organ theme was pretty good but apart from the music nothing worth watching.
Aug 13, 2011 1:51 PM
Jul 2010
Seriously, I'm shocked. This was TERRIBLE! Dull...lifeless...stiff...I'm out for words.
Aug 13, 2011 3:48 PM
Nov 2008
I find that I really enjoy the characters, the plot, and the effects of the phantom books, but as soon as they open the gate, it instantly gets boring and hard to follow. It's a shame that's presented as such an important part of the show.
Aug 13, 2011 5:25 PM
Nov 2010
best parts: The trolling ending and Dalian saying "Drop dead" to the magician.
Everything else was either meh or bad

3/5
Aug 13, 2011 9:24 PM

Apr 2011
I loled at the ending and Huey kicking Armand in the ass. And Dalian blushing at the end is so cute and looked at huey.
Aug 14, 2011 1:13 AM
Aug 2010
Episode felt way too rushed, didn't like it much. Although the troll ending made me laugh.
Aug 14, 2011 1:27 AM

May 2010
Those five men got no luck with women
Aug 14, 2011 2:39 AM

Jul 2008
Ajunky said:

I expected the ending as well. I don't think the episode was very serious when it came to the romance part.
Aug 14, 2011 6:38 AM

Dec 2009
GarLogan78 said:
I expected the ending as well. I don't think the episode was very serious when it came to the romance part.

Yes, i felt bad for the guys, they struggled themselves so much to get what that woman wanted. ;w;

I'm kinda disappointed with the episode itself, the last one was so awesome so i had so many expectations for this one.
Aug 14, 2011 4:09 PM

Oct 2007
Power Ranger episode :D

I think the show has its charm.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 14, 2011 6:09 PM

May 2010
Oh, hey. It's Kinzo.
Aug 15, 2011 3:04 PM

May 2011
Well the story for this episode was interesting. Armand is the definition of an idiot, I lol at Dalian kicking him down though. She just makes every episode so much better.

For some reason I also thought that Viola was going to pick Huey at the end, knew those 5 wasn't going to get chosen. Definitely wasn't expecting some random guy that just showed up though wtf... We got trolled, nice ;p face Viola.

The silver-haired girl in the Bibliotheca has been interesting me for a while now, I reallly wanna know more about her.
Aug 16, 2011 5:43 AM

Aug 2008
A lot of shiny lights. and nothing else.

I have a feeling we'll see the magician again. He does seem fairly interested in Huey's key.
Aug 16, 2011 3:47 PM

Mar 2009
Ajunky said:

My thoughts exactly. I didn't feel like it was on par with previous episodes, but I had a lot of fun with it and laughed my ass off at the end, so as long as I was entertained, I figure they did a pretty decent job with it.

After all, the point is entertainment.
Aug 18, 2011 3:39 AM

Oct 2010
Started to mess around with Stitching and I admit that Viola is gorgeous as follows,

and as well as in the spoiler
it was really fun seeing this episode.

Mainly the fight as follows,

was quite something. That magician guy is dangerous! He can use elements and manipulate Mercury among the many other things he may be able to do. I do wonder where he got the forbidden knowledge other than etching it in his mind from books.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 18, 2011 6:48 AM

Jul 2010
First Stephen King's Misery and now Fullmetal Alchemist?
Aug 18, 2011 6:19 PM

Jul 2011
Ugh. This Ep was interesting at first, but the non-funny gags ruined it. It was cool seeing the other guys reading the phantom books, but the ending was so... ARGGH!

"I've come to take you back my daughter!" then, "Oh well. You win. Have fun getting married."

It was so anti-climactic. Then the ending. Ugh. At least she didn't confess to Huey.

There's no true plot yet. I actually watched this episode, then realized the last episode I saw was 3.
Aug 19, 2011 1:52 PM

Jun 2011
Chromatic Squadron: Color Rangers! Go!
El Psy Congroo
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 30, 2011

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2011

64 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2011

45 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 9, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

59 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 1:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.