Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 17, 2011 6:37 PM

Sep 2008
My oh my DAT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT... I'm just really wondering what they're going to do with Mavrick... his smug look dropping Barnaby off right before his parents died bothered me.

Anyways goood episode
Jul 17, 2011 7:09 PM
Jul 2011
darkwintre said:
Just a thought but what if Tyger isn't losing his powers, rather they're being transferred to barnaby?
I can't help wondering why Barnaby has the same powers as Tyger and given that why he was partners with him save for the supposed experience as well as team up.
BUT what if Barnaby is the result of a eugenics experiment involving Mr Legend and the reason Mr Legend was losing his powers was because they were transferred to the infant Barnaby which is why he gained his powers so young and the reason for the current team up is because Barnaby is going to lose his abilities unless he gets a fresh donor... namely Tyger!
What do you think?

I just hoped that when in the last episode Barnaby said he had his powers before being 2 years old these transfer theories would get squashed, SMH

To me it seems that in the Tiger and Bunny universe there are some powers that appear more commonly than other, and being mutations as they probably are under a common ADN, being all humans, some mutations may repeat or be very similar, like Fire Emblem and Lunatic with fire, also some one noted that Legend powers seemed to involve forcefields, that would make it closer to Jake than Barnaby
Jul 18, 2011 12:58 AM

Jul 2011
Whoa there, this show just took an interesting turn.

To be honest, I wasn't entirely sold on Kotetsu's thoughts of Mr. Legend - waiting for more information to surface rather than rely on the little that we had from his flashbacks/idolization.
And I'm glad I did that; though this wasn't expected, especially from Lunatic - father and son? The irony.
Wasn't a big fan of Lunatic either, if anything, he needed this episode to seem more believable - and it worked.

As for theories on Maverick - judging from where the plot's taken us so far, it's highly probable that he's got his hands in it ; the question would be where he's got his heart - i.e motives. /Speculate.

On a brighter note; fshdhdsjfdktjj- Tomoe <3
About time we get some of that, bittersweet & all~
SicJul 18, 2011 1:03 AM
Jul 18, 2011 1:11 AM

Nov 2010
Monad said:
rurupoi said:
Monad said:
I agree with some others that Maverick seems especially suspicious now that we know that he even was with Barnaby the night his parents got killed.
He may well be the one who hired that crazy guy to kill Barnaby's parents because he wanted maybe to stop there robot project since it could ruin his hero business and also wanted to use Barnaby as a hero.

That would be an insane plot twist but entirely plausible! o.o
Barnaby did mention that his parents were essentially trying to create Hero robots and Maverick seems to be quite the businessman... hmmmm...

Wait when did Barnaby get his powers? Would Maverick have known Barnaby was a NEXT before his parents were killed?

Yes very possible that he realized Barnaby was a NEXT early on and maybe even killed his parents before they even realized it.
Also as the man on top of the hero TV business having a tone of hero robots will have ruined what he build so he will have a good reason to take them out of the way.

Well according to Bunny he had them since he was a baby, and they had alot of trouble with him... of course that can't rule out the possibilty that he was misinformed
Jul 18, 2011 12:17 PM

May 2009
I'm still depressed about this episode more than 24 hours later. I don't think that's normal. *sigh*

Monad said:
The fact that the guy who actually killed them doesn't even remember them and we got no explanation of his actions indicates that he was probably just hired to do a job and it wasn't something he personally cared and also that someone else had the real motive to kill them.
So the whole Ouroboros thing was was red herring? I'd just assumed that it wasn't really Jake Martinez who killed Barnaby's parents, that's why he couldn't remember it. But this makes more sense.
*sob* More tears for Barnaby.
Jul 18, 2011 12:41 PM
Sep 2010
Wayero said:
Am I the only one on Lunatic's side? He reminds me of why I sometimes dislike Batman. Sure, you can't always appoint someone to be judge, jury, and executioner, but there are criminals out there that just don't deserve to live. They are nothing but a threat to society.

I am sympathetic to Lunatic. He's become a bit of a JerkA** Woobie or Type V on the Sliding Scale of Anti-Heroes. I can understand Wayero's logic. I have even thought like him at one time when incensed over what I consider to be hideous slights against mankind. So far though, we've only seen Lunatic murder criminals that we presume/have been told are guilty and have little background information on. Maybe they are just as sympathetic? Were they all murderers as well? Should they all, regardless of the crime (robbery, domestic abuse, murders) receive death? Even then, a tortuous death by burning alive? That last kind of reminds me of the Salem Witch Trials but that is a bit of a tangent. I'm not opposed to the death penalty but I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather have fair trails & commensurate punishment that vigilante justice that may or may not have the right guy and punish them accordingly for the right crime. So, ditto Ani-Blast, Bwahahachick & AstuteOtaku.

Archie74 said:
more interested in seeing a 26 episode anime of Lunatic's story.

I noticed that girl again, someone had mentioned her presence before, and there she was again at the "Hero Bar". Wonder what's up with that.

They could totally make a spin off for Lunatic IMHO. Even though I like Tiger & Bunny, I think that it would have been more complex and interesting to have them as the side characters in Lunatic's story. It could pull a Xena on Hercules because of the morality issues that it would make people think about. Or maybe we just find anti-heroes more entertaining than boy scouts. Even Bunny's bent on revenge schtick failed to get satisfyingly dark enough.

What girl? Do you have a time stamp for this episode and any others that she was in? I'd like to make the connection myself.

I felt a little bad for suspecting how close Maverick was to the scene (like, why didn't he run in after hearing that loud sound Bunny heard as a child announcing the first death?) until I read that others like Buster and LaBrosephine were thinking similar things.

windy said:
Damnnnnnnn, shit went down. Kotetsu needs to tell Bunny what's up sooner rather than later. :/

He didn't tell him already? I figured that Bunny knew. It would be so irresponsible of Tiger to withhold that knowledge from his partner. In order for them to be a good team, they need to know both the strengths and limits on one another. I couldn't trust someone if I found out that they let me assume they could back me up for 5 mins but really couldn't do more than 4. I know that it is only a minute but that is a lot of time in a life or death situation.

darkwintre said:
Just a thought but what if Tyger isn't losing his powers, rather they're being transferred to barnaby?
I can't help wondering why Barnaby has the same powers as Tyger and given that why he was partners with him save for the supposed experience as well as team up.
BUT what if Barnaby is the result of a eugenics experiment involving Mr Legend and the reason Mr Legend was losing his powers was because they were transferred to the infant Barnaby which is why he gained his powers so young and the reason for the current team up is because Barnaby is going to lose his abilities unless he gets a fresh donor... namely Tyger!
What do you think?

Dude! You totally threw me for a loop! I actually thought about it for a minute. I have another theory. What if Tiger is just evolving, like he thought earlier before being told he was losing his powers?

rurupoi said:
Yes! I don't understand why T&B gets no love outside of Japan. D:

This may sound odd but I think that because it is more like Western animation, enthusiasts of "pure" anime turn their noses up at it. I read a recent review that scoffed at the Western like animation in Tiger and Bunny. I personally think that both Western and Japanese animation have their gems so I wasn't put off by it but I know of some who are.

Jul 18, 2011 1:15 PM

Oct 2010
i feel sorry for Kotetsu, is there a bitter-sweet ending i can see coming? or will every thing be splendid and happy at the end? i can't wait to see Kotetsu's family next week. i feel there is not enough information on his backround, i hope alot of great things are shown next week! but i saw some one in hospital, his mum?

Rexky said:

I'm hoping for TigerxBlueRose ending, with Kotetsu being the stay at home dad :D

yeeehh that would be nice ^.^ i don't think it will happen unfortunately, there hasn't been enough focus on BlueRose and i think that proves that it will not happen.
Cooperation-sanJul 18, 2011 1:19 PM
Jul 18, 2011 2:25 PM

Apr 2010
im a sucker for super heroes and when i found out about tiger and bunny i just had to watch it! this episode was great, loved the twist. Also cant wait for next week when kotetsu is going back home.

this show needs more love!
Jul 18, 2011 2:39 PM
Dec 2007
Great developments, the biggest one being Kira X (huh, Lunatic)'s character.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 18, 2011 3:05 PM
May 2011
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
i feel sorry for Kotetsu, is there a bitter-sweet ending i can see coming? or will every thing be splendid and happy at the end? i can't wait to see Kotetsu's family next week. i feel there is not enough information on his backround, i hope alot of great things are shown next week! but i saw some one in hospital, his mum?

Rexky said:

I'm hoping for TigerxBlueRose ending, with Kotetsu being the stay at home dad :D

yeeehh that would be nice ^.^ i don't think it will happen unfortunately, there hasn't been enough focus on BlueRose and i think that proves that it will not happen.
isnt it obivous, the next ep is a flashback episode while hes visiting his house and recolecting on his life and what to do next

the girl in the hospital was his dead wife, next episode is gonna be a tear jerker

and about blue rose and kotetsu, come on the girls 17 while kotetsu's 32-34(confirmed age) its just creepy

ive seen big age differences for romanc elike rahXephon but that show had a reason for the age cause of different time movements
Jul 18, 2011 3:19 PM

Jun 2008
holy owo

poor kotetsu why he isn't say anything to bunny trust him kotetsuuuu

poor man I think he maybe should quit and be the father kaede needs

in the other side wao for lunatic I mean he didn't turn a blind eye to bad people maybe killing his father wasn't the best way but well it just happened so whatever he moving along and decided to kill all the rats in the city XD

I'm anxious about the other episode i wan't to see it already
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Jul 18, 2011 4:42 PM

Oct 2010
Maverick is so behind everything that happened to Bunny..

Lunatic is the most interesting character so far,the poor guy is going insane I hope he won't get killed by the end of the show ;__;..

And it seems that Tiger is getting jealous of Bunny success >,>'..

Jul 18, 2011 4:47 PM
May 2011
Maskonna said:
Maverick is so behind everything that happened to Bunny..

Lunatic is the most interesting character so far,the poor guy is going insane I hope he won't get killed by the end of the show ;__;..

And it seems that Tiger is getting jealous of Bunny success >,>'..
yah seriously its very obvious

maverick relised with legend losing his abilities he would need to find another hero for hero tv to stay in buissness so heproboly hired jake to kill his parents so that he could take barnaby in and raise him to be the next legend which has already happened, jake wa sjust a red herring its obvious maverick did it, i mean the guys name is maverick what do you expect

"Maverick: a person pursuing rebellious, even potentially disruptive, policies or ideas"
Jul 18, 2011 5:53 PM

May 2010
Wow deep episode, I never would have thought that Lunatic's past would be so interesting,especially who his father really is.
Poor Kotetsu is losing his powers, I hope he doesn't quit :(

I really love this anime so much i'm close into giving it a 10/10 now.I already want to would what's gonna happen next!
Jul 18, 2011 7:59 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty amazing how this anime changed so quickly into a dark atmosphere.
I think they timed it really well in the story with how Kotetsu is losing his powers just as Legend did.
Jul 18, 2011 9:00 PM
May 2011
Falads said:
Pretty amazing how this anime changed so quickly into a dark atmosphere.
I think they timed it really well in the story with how Kotetsu is losing his powers just as Legend did.
i know right, when i first watched this serise i never thought it would get dark let alone actually make me think about what will happen next,
Jul 18, 2011 9:21 PM
Jul 2011
arielifeoma said:
What girl? Do you have a time stamp for this episode and any others that she was in? I'd like to make the connection myself.

There's a scarf wearing girl, nicknamed scarf-tan by some people, that shows up in almost every episode. here's a pic showing her appearences in episodes 1-14, and here's her in episode 15, and here's her in this episode.
BDeckerJul 18, 2011 9:28 PM
Jul 19, 2011 3:22 AM

Jun 2011
Really nice that we got some insight into Lunatic's past.

Also interesting that Legend lost his powers just as Kotetsu is now, certainly looking forward to the next ep :)
Jul 19, 2011 6:42 AM

Aug 2009
Holy crap, this episode was really REALLY good. Lunatic is a great character.
I am so loving this series.
Jul 20, 2011 8:20 PM

Jul 2009
HOLY CRAP, THIS SHOW IS AWESOME. LUNATIC'S DAD IS LEGEND?!?!?!?! I NEVER would have seen that coming O_O
Poor Kotetsu! T_T Brings up some good questions though ... like, what is he gonna do when his powers die? D; Crap, this show is too good T_T
Well, I guess he can finally visit his daughter next episode ...? OMG, I love this show D:
Jul 22, 2011 5:17 AM
Oct 2010
Doooooooh Lunatic's father is Mr. Legend!?
Jul 22, 2011 7:09 AM

Aug 2009
Well, while we are waiting, I got some more info on what's up and coming in T&B. (will be in spoiler tags but not overly revealing), and thank -KarumA- for providing translations.

Summary for episode 16

From the new Hero Book

That was agonizingly vague. Also it seems that Sunrise is gonna do what Sunrise does best.
Jul 22, 2011 7:19 AM

Dec 2010
Seen it coming before they removed the shadowy thingies. The car looks pretty weird and the dad looks fat and Lunatic's hair matches Legend's so I realized it was Mr.Legend before they revealed it.

But man this anime is pretty good.
Jul 23, 2011 12:03 AM

Mar 2009
Wow! Nice twist!
Jul 24, 2011 2:45 AM

Jan 2009
nice twist of story right there so lunatic's father is none other than mr legend that kotetsu is admiring and that mr legend has some sad past on how he handled his fading powers and eventually made lunatic become what he is right now
Jul 24, 2011 9:11 AM

May 2010
This is getting better. Plot twist FTW!!

Mr. Legend as Lunatic's father definitely adds depth to his character.

And so with Tiger..

About Maverick, it's clearly obvious what he did to Bunny's family

but still there's no clear motive since the time he took Bunny in, he doesn't have any powers to take advantage from.
Jul 24, 2011 1:47 PM
Jun 2011
I am incredibly excited about this series and the complex issues that it is beginning to deal with. I have been very interested in Yuri/Lunatic for such a long time now and this is an incredible revelation. It also sheds so much light on Mr. Legend. This episode was so dark and depressing, however. Can't say its my fav, but it is such a change from the lighthearted first arc or the series.
Jul 24, 2011 1:53 PM

Nov 2007
Oh wow, that was an amazing episode. Yuri's past was such a shock, and I feel really bad for him >: Can't believe that Mr. Legend was such a messed up person towards the end. It's honestly hard to be completely against Yuri's philosophy, but I still think he's a bit too extreme.

And I agree with the people who mentioned Mr. Marverick as being suspicious. My first guess was that he might be connected to Ouroboros but the previous arc seems to show that that's not exactly the case. Still, he's not quite what he seems, imo.

Poor Tiger's really going to go through some serious depression.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jul 26, 2011 12:49 AM
Jun 2010
I'm just going to leave this here.

RECURSION!
Jul 27, 2011 6:43 AM

Jun 2010
lunatic's mother is annoying like fkk
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2011 8:38 AM
Jun 2008
Tiger is losing his power's duration T.T

Well I guess he will start to consider how precious his power is and he will start to use his brain more than his brawn.

His daughter have a good future of being a hero as well =)
Aug 1, 2011 3:20 AM

Nov 2007
Cannot believe with Lunatic and Mr. Legend.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 13, 2011 7:07 AM

Nov 2008
adamantine said:
OH MY GOD

THIS IS A QUALITY SHOW

THIS A GENUINELY QUALITY SHOW

MY MIND WAS BLOWN

I HAVE NOT BEEN SURPRISED IN A VERY LONG TIME.

I didn't care much about Yuri since his appearance but WOW was that deep. I never saw it coming. It was pretty sad too.

Tiger and Yuri need a hug so badly now :c

Now I'm sure I'm giving T&B a 10.
Aug 16, 2011 9:30 AM

Aug 2008
This episode rocked EVERYONE's world. Kotetsu's and everyone watching. Damn! Mr. Legend was really beating the sh*t out of his wife! Closed fist! I'm not surprised that Lunatic turned out rather screwed up. Then again, you could say he's somewhat well adjusted (penchant for vigilante murder aside). He's a dedicated, functioning member of society ...until he sees a NEXT abusing their powers.

Plus, I don't really have sympathy for a serial killer. It would have been nice if Kotetsu hadn't screwed up, nearly gotten killed and let the guy get away, but seeing Lunatic give a him a painful death doesn't really hurt my heart either.

Ghostlightning had a very good right up on this episode. You guys should check it out.
http://ghostlightning.wordpress.com/2011/07/18/moral-authenticity-the-hero-tiger-bunny-16/

DonKangolJonesAug 16, 2011 9:36 AM
Aug 24, 2011 8:08 PM

Feb 2011
Whelp, this episode made me boost Tiger & Bunny from an 8 to a 9. However, the series is gonna have to do something really spectacular if it wants to make up for its lackluster first-third and earn a 10.
Sep 9, 2011 6:18 PM

Dec 2007
This anime is really good !
The scenarists didn't just invented a basic story for the money and to please the sponsors !
Shit just got serious !
Oct 13, 2011 1:45 PM

Feb 2008
It really sucks to find out that Mr. Legend was actually like that it makes me sad and now i feel kinda bad for Lunatic D| (I have too much Empathy )

God Damn it kotetsu this is the third time your life has made me want to cry ;-;
Dec 27, 2011 7:15 PM

Nov 2007
Did NOT see it coming that Lunatic is Mr Legend's kid and that Mr Legend was such a deadbeat that resorted to domestic assault. D: Holy shit. I guess that pretty much 100% guarantees that it will be a Tiger vs. Lunatic fight at the end, what with Tiger's backstory with Mr Legend.

I feel pretty bad about Kotetsu. I mean, not only are his power declining, but now he's found out all this shit about his personal hero (heh), Mr Legend. If it were me I'd be seriously fucking depressed right about now.
Jan 16, 2012 11:57 PM
Sep 2008
Well, that was incredibly depressing.
Mar 14, 2012 2:19 PM

Dec 2009
Lunatic is a very interesting character, I would like to know more about him. Also I have to say I feel very bad for Tiger.
Apr 1, 2012 4:43 AM

Oct 2011
HOLY SHIT.
THAT WAS SUCH AN AMAZING EPISODE!
|ω・)
Jul 14, 2012 11:14 AM

Jan 2009
This episode was absolutely amazing.
Nov 14, 2012 11:21 AM

Sep 2012
Wow... This episode was way better than the whole series so far.
Jul 3, 2013 4:55 PM

Jul 2009
amazing episode :D

though i thought Barnaby was the son of Mr Legend.

i mean what could Lunatic had done? Legend might have killed his wife if he continues to beat her like that.

wow i feel sorry for Lunatic :(

im glad Lunatic destroyed that stupid fucker

so Kotetsu is really losing his power like Mr Legend :(

please don't end up like him!!!

the next 9 episods are gonna be intense!
Jul 4, 2013 9:27 PM
Jan 2013
Torisunanohokori said:
Lunatic's dad being who he is adds a fantastic dimension to his character.

This.
I wonder how Tiger would handle learning that Lunatic is his son.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Jul 5, 2013 2:28 PM

Apr 2010
Yuri that sneaky bastard...sneaking his way into my heart, playing with my feels. Legend got what was coming for him, why did he hit his wife? Why did he take his frustrations on someone so helpless? He deserved to be punished.

Yet again that ungrateful woman calls Yuri a demon, yet he still calls her mama...

It's ironic how Kotetsu is slowly turning out to be a step closer to being like his /idol/ but I really hope Barnaby can stop that from happening!

I wish someone bursts Kotetsu's bubble and tells him that his /idol/ was an ass [apologies for the word] who was pretty much a useless little shit who abused his wife!
Oct 28, 2013 5:57 AM

Jan 2013
WOW, just as I thought, that blonde guy IS Lunatic!
Mr. Legend is his father? I didn't expect that! WOW WOW WOW just f*ckin' wow!
When Tiger fell down from the building I thought he was going to die. ;A;/

I'm sorry about him, loosing his power, but now he can go home and spend time with his daughter.
Was it she in the preview? She has grown up! ..and, is she pregnant? Is she sick? Because she was in bed. oO
AileenWuornosOct 28, 2013 6:05 AM
no
Feb 22, 2014 6:19 PM

Mar 2009
Legend was Lunatic's father?! And Tiger is gradually losing his powers?! Now this is getting serious! Glad that Lunatic set the record straight and separated himself from the other heroes by admitting that he was not a hero and he has his own idea of justice. Too bad only one person heard him and he's dead.
Looking forward to the next few episodes.
Apr 20, 2014 8:47 AM

May 2012
Sad story, kinda feel bad for Lunatic... And Tiger. </3
Jun 18, 2014 7:56 AM

Sep 2013
Who knew that Legend was an abusive father, i feel kind of bad for Lunatic.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torisunanohokori - Apr 23, 2011

87 by CheriCake »»
Feb 3, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

213 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 1:17 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2011

154 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 12:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.