Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 8, 2011 11:48 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, NicoNico USA deserves some respect. That's pretty damn fast.
As for the episode, I very much disapprove of this amount of fanservice.
And speaking of which, it's funny how the multi-pantyshot when Gekkou makes his entrance is censored, while all the single-person pantyshots are not.
Censoring a severed neck is a bit overkill too. Or they could at least have just made it a bit blurry, instead of light beam out of fucking nowhere.
Oh, but using those two cans to censor his neck before that was a brilliant idea.
And on the other hand, Takaya Kagami penned the original story, so I'm at least expecting the story to be not too damn bad after a few episodes.
And the art ain't half-bad either.

Lastly, Shikata Akiko's Utsusemi <3
Best ED of the season. Just sayin'.

Edit: I love Himea's hair. <3
How the hell could I forget mentioning this in the first place?
OosranJul 9, 2011 11:55 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 8, 2011 12:20 PM

Oct 2010
Man this series is going to be hell factions fighting between themselves because I know what Himea is and I know the circumstances of Gekkou. This will just be a major battle between one faction of Hell that is too afraid of Himea. Well in any case count me out of Himea x Taito. In fact I rejoice at the following,

oh yes Gekkou! You made me happy and even more so in the spoiler
now that got me satisfied. Plus he is good looking and has a rather MOE demon with him. Not to mention Gekkou is popular with the girls. You see I am a ally of “D” from “Vampire Hunter D” and we hate vampire slut bitches like Himea for what she did to Taito in the spoiler
she freaking turned him into a monster! Although I do sympathize with Taito that despite being great in Martial Arts, he got his leg broken. That is the only thing I accept for why it may be not bad to have Himea's powers but the involvement he got himself into is bad shit TBH. He has all of Hell most likely after him. I doubt it will only be Gekkou after him.

Another thing I like about Gekkou is the following,

he has the same powers as that of Himea or of the same type. That's no surprise but not saying why. He also has a freaking cool sword! I like that. Not only that but he already pawned Himea here and even erased Taito's memories here. So Gekkou pawns man!

In fact from the looks of Himea being emprisoned in another dimension (nice NSFW DFC shots TBH) in the following spoiler
she could not even do anything because the moment she would, she would get electrified with the energy of the dimension itself. However later on I assume that Taito thinking of her gave her enough power to released herself and that gave off more fan service of straight nudes of Himea in the spoiler
now that makes me wonder if she has any sexual organs or is a plain entity. Could be a cheap gimmick not to draw out any details until the Bds come out. At around that segment, the black spider here is that caught my attention. Remember Hell Girl first season and who was that spider, well I think it's Enma himself as a spider again. The King of Hell so to speak.

So my take on this anime is I am all the way for Gekkou and if he dies than I shall T_T shed mainly tears for his death. That's all.
Yumekichi11Jul 8, 2011 4:58 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 8, 2011 1:56 PM
Apr 2011
That was a nice episode.
I'm still waiting for the circumstances though, why is Himea seen as a bad guy?
Did she do something?
Jul 8, 2011 2:07 PM

Jul 2010
Well, the censoring isn't as bad I thought it might be. Still annoying nonetheless. I laughed during the scene where Taito got hit by the truck and scenes that followed. Reminded me of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?.
Jul 8, 2011 2:10 PM

Jan 2009
Elite60 said:
Reminded me of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?.
Except that Itsuten began 2 months before KoreZombie.
Oh well, details.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 8, 2011 3:01 PM

Apr 2010
Elite60 said:

ya lol the scene was pretty similar, my first impression from the pv was that this would be totaly worthless, ended up thinking that it seemed to have a pretty good start

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Jul 8, 2011 3:25 PM

Feb 2010
His name is reminiscent of ghetto..

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Jul 8, 2011 4:58 PM

Oct 2010
Oosran said:
At least that did not change from the PV and you got to admit that Haruka's as well as Mirai's fan service in the spoiler
aren't that bad since they are only panties shots but the ones of Himea are more in your face nudes.
Oosran said:
And speaking of which, it's funny how the multi-pantyshot when Gekkou makes his entrance is censored, while all the single-person pantyshots are not.
Ah, well it's not totally censored so it may not be that bad but censors like in the spoiler
are ridiculous. I find them stupid like you do.
Neverarine said:
Elite60 said:
ya lol the scene was pretty similar, my first impression from the pv was that this would be totaly worthless, ended up thinking that it seemed to have a pretty good start
You kidding me? It was more gory IMO but the body standing and head part were a little similar to Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? Thing is that the whole series should have a more serious tone than Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? most likely.

Jul 8, 2011 5:04 PM

Nov 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Oosran said:
At least that did not change from the PV and you got to admit that Haruka's as well as Mirai's fan service in the spoiler
aren't that bad since they are only panties shots but the ones of Himea are more in your face nudes.
Oosran said:
Ah, well it's not totally censored so it may not be that bad but censors like in the spoiler
are ridiculous. I find them stupid like you do.
Neverarine said:
Elite60 said:
You kidding me? It was more gory IMO but the body standing and head part were a little similar to Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? Thing is that the whole series should have a more serious tone than Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? most likely.

Thanks! Now I have safely removed this show from my 'Plan to watch' list. Have already enough anime to follow.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 8, 2011 8:12 PM

Feb 2008
I doubt that Himea will died so easily, she is a vampire xD.
Aren't Vampires supposted to be strong?
Doesn't she also have immortal body when she gave the curse to Taito?

It still sad ending of episode even thought we know she won't died here.

Interesting Anime.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 8, 2011 9:11 PM

Jan 2011
Just going from raws until I find subbed version I can watch, but this looks pretty good.

Just remembered in time to put comments in spoilers as I watched this earlier than I usually get to them (advantage of watching raw). Don't read spoilers unless you want to spoil several shock/surprises in this episode. Watch it first, it will be worth it!

Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 8, 2011 9:20 PM

Oct 2008
nice start.Though i feel that it was a bit rushed seeing as they animated 4 or so chapters of the LN(equivalent to 5 ch. in the manga) into 1 episode. It might not be so bad seeing as most of the beginning is more about the characters' background.
A few things are changed from the LN/Manga.
-Taito wuz suppose to fight 2 guys from "the church"after running from the car accident.
-More on kurenai's & mirai's bacgrounds.
etc.etc.etc.

Onii said:
That was a nice episode.
I'm still waiting for the circumstances though, why is Himea seen as a bad guy?
Did she do something?

It was suppose to be told somewhere during where the story tells about Gekkou's background. but seeing as it was kinda rushed they probably cut it out or rearranged it. So ill just tell you, but ill put it in a spoiler just in case you want to wait another episode.
I might have told a big chunk of the next ep but its in more detail in the LN and manga.
TMultimateJul 8, 2011 11:02 PM

Jul 8, 2011 10:35 PM

Oct 2010
TMultimate said:
A few things are changed from the LN/Manga.
-Taito wuz suppose to fight 2 guys from "the church"after running from the car accident.
Ah yeah thanks for reminding me, indeed that sucked shit! I knew I was like O_o that fight was kick ass for a start up. Bet you anything the ecchi took out some time for that.
TMultimate said:
Onii said:
That was a nice episode. I'm still waiting for the circumstances though, why is Himea seen as a bad guy? Did she do something?
It was suppose to be told somewhere during where the story tells about Gekkou's background. but seeing as it was kinda rushed they probsbly cut it out or rearranged it. So ill just tell you, but ill put it in a spoiler just in case you want to wait another episode.
I might have told a big chunk of the next ep but its in more detail in the LN and manga.
HA! I was so right, someone did something and someone got hunted. In fact everyone in the pack so to speak.

The plot now may shift to "Someone is going to be unsealed, let's seal him back." Well I hope not.
Blackbird said:
Yes but they still have weaknesses like Mina Tepes had in dance in the vampire bund.
Blackbird said:
Aren't Vampires supposed to be strong?
Yeah but from the looks of Himea she looks more cute and emotional than strong so far.
Blackbird said:
Doesn't she also have immortal body when she gave the curse to Taito?
She may or may not. That Princess in Kaiboutsu Oujo could give immortality but was mortal herself.

Jul 8, 2011 11:01 PM

Jan 2010
I think , It's great start !!
nice ending ^___^
Jul 9, 2011 12:02 AM

Jul 2011
Don't know what I was expecting from the episode but it wasn't that. Really wasn't impressed. Wasn't bad but wasn't really good, either. Mediocre is a good word for it. Didn't see anything that made it stand out from a number of other things. Guess I'll have to watch more and see how it goes. 3/5
Jul 9, 2011 2:41 AM
Jun 2008
wow ,what happen.the sudden flash back show some background story but the development is kinda fast..

I will see how Takaya Kagami show goes.This production is kinda new(loli era =.= ) compare to the other 2 one that he write .
Jul 9, 2011 2:56 AM

Apr 2010
rodac said:
Just going from raws until I find subbed version I can watch, but this looks pretty good

NicoNico has it subbed within an hour of airing in Japan

Jul 9, 2011 4:37 AM

Aug 2009
So much fanservice.

Anyway, I loved this. It was incredibly entertaining, and I really like the characters. Himea is awesome, and so is her hair. I love her hair. <3
My hopes are incredibly high for this anime, even after ZEXCS added their own lines and fanservice.

And dat ED. And I'm mad that they didn't include the OP, cause the song is so amazing.

Need the next episode now.
Jul 9, 2011 4:44 AM

Aug 2008
We take opposite side this time, Yumekichi. I'm all in for Taito x Himea.
But wait, that's not Gekkou who erased Taito's memories there.

Blackbird said:
How can they just let her die? She is the heroine.
KaitoDashJul 9, 2011 4:52 AM
Jul 9, 2011 5:03 AM

Oct 2010
KaitoDash said:
We take opposite side this time, Yumekichi. I'm all in for Taito x Himea.
But wait, that's not Gekkou who erased Taito's memories there.
I think it's him that did. Yeah guess we are on the opposites this time.

Jul 9, 2011 7:53 AM
Jun 2008

taken from himado
^
I can watch this gf whole day 0_0
STM said:

My hopes are incredibly high for this anime, even after ZEXCS added their own lines and fanservice.
oh god, why Zergxcs take up Takaya's work again =.=
Jul 9, 2011 11:06 AM
Feb 2011
I wonder what's with the negativity...

I actually find the animation to be surprisingly good and pretty (except for the bats and circles). The BGM was also not too bad but the last one where Gekkou stabbed Himea was facepalming.

And when did Gekkou erase Taito's memories? Totally untrue. I'm sorry but is it ok for me to ask you to stop inventing your own stories? Thanks ^_^

And regarding the fight with the Church, I don't really find it important.

Mirai meet Gekkou story can actually be inserted later. In fact, it can actually be done in another arc. Though that may signal doom to the anime, because it would mean volume 5 (and probably 6 as well) would be adapted.

I would agree that the pacing is fast and it can be confusing. Though all the necessary plot elements are there.
Jul 9, 2011 11:22 AM
Apr 2011
well... thats funny is that i've seen people hatin on it even though its the first ep that hasn't really given you the full extent of whats happening :/ since you only saw flash backs of the past + the reason why taito has a immortal body also although the anime deviates from the manga(not sure how it goes in the light novel) in the final scenes its still rather close.
Jul 9, 2011 11:42 AM

Oct 2010
larethian said:
And when did Gekkou erase Taito's memories? Totally untrue. I'm sorry but is it ok for me to ask you to stop inventing your own stories? Thanks ^_^
Well if it was not Gekkou who did that then that person who was there in the flashback did. Besides that that person looks like Gekkou less there is a third party member involved.

Jul 9, 2011 11:45 AM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
larethian said:
Well if it was not Gekkou who did that then that person who was there in the flashback did. Besides that that person looks like Gekkou less there is a third party member involved.
Doesn't really look like Gekkou if you look at the hair, no.
Jul 9, 2011 11:46 AM
Aug 2008
at the beginning i was not another loli anime but went she change to a mature body
everything was okay
gonna fell bad for haruka
the guys is all ready pick
Jul 9, 2011 12:35 PM

Apr 2010
This is basically a alternative version of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? tho it seemed a bit more interesting tho not much.
It also reminded me of some other anime which i wasn't to found of tho i am wondering how the next episode looks and i probably end up watching the entire anime.
Jul 9, 2011 1:01 PM
Jan 2010
It's enjoyable and if they tone down the fan service and have better pacing then it would be even better. The MC isn't spineless as well which is always a plus and I like the way his body works.

Beams of light for censoring is probably the worse kind since it takes up a huge chunk of the screen
Jul 9, 2011 1:07 PM

Jun 2010
I'm not going to like that Gekkou guy. I'm never going to like him because he stabbed Himea.

Jul 9, 2011 1:23 PM

Jan 2011
Much better once I got a subbed version and could get the dialogue (not that it wasn't pretty good on the RAW). Since it comes from an LN series, I think it might predate Kore wa Zombie Desu ka but I did get a nostalgic flash from that show (also a little bit of Fortune Arterial with the eternal service shtick).

The usual sucky censoring, the beam of light covering about half of the panties showing in the crowd shot and Taito's reattachment (look censors, we know it came off--I think we can take watching him reattach his missing part).

A bit more dire cliffhanger than we usually get. A week is indeed a long long time.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 9, 2011 1:38 PM

Aug 2008
13man18 said:
I'm not going to like that Gekkou guy. I'm never going to like him because he stabbed Himea.
I like you then.

Oosran said:
Yumekichi11 said:
larethian said:
Doesn't really look like Gekkou if you look at the hair, no.
Well, beside hair colour he does look like Gekkou, but it really is not him.
Jul 9, 2011 2:00 PM

Jul 2010
Even though it has fanservice moments but this anime is surprisingly good.
Jul 9, 2011 2:06 PM
Jun 2009
I loved it though the fact that when i watched it simulcast and the translation errors just made me rage quit it at first anyway I think this will be one of my faves as long as the censoring is kept to a minimum
Jul 9, 2011 2:45 PM

Nov 2008
Ugh.. This show would have a perfect start if it weren't for those unnecessary panty shots...

Anyway, did anyone laughed when headless Taito turned to those girls and freaked out? XDD

Interesting start. I will keep track on this show. Hopefully it will not go downhill.

PS: If my calculation was right, Himea waited for Taito for about 946080times since she's waiting for each 5 minutes in the whole 9 years. Impressive loyalty if its not martyrdom XDD
DenjaXJul 9, 2011 2:57 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 9, 2011 2:50 PM

Oct 2009
Not great, but not bad. Xebec really needs to tone down the fanservice. Its disrupting the flow of the story. You are supposed to take the dark plot seriously, but I can't.

Also that glasses guy is a douche. I hate him.
Jul 9, 2011 2:58 PM

May 2011
Just watched the first ep, it the first i've heard of this title. It was pretty damn good, The art was great, the story seems intresting, and am abit of a perv so I also like the fanservice. And the ED well am a fan of Akiko Shikata so of course I loved that too. Oh yeah its my first post as well.. I was bored so I wanted to post something ^^
Jul 9, 2011 3:52 PM
Sep 2010
Pretty good episode. So basically taito is a zombie and himea is a vampire. Kinda reminds me of kore wa zombie desu ka
Jul 9, 2011 4:14 PM

Apr 2010
This is probably one of the top 3 anime of the new season in regards to animation quality, storyline and sound effects in my opinion. Great episode it makes me really want to see the next episode.
Jul 9, 2011 5:18 PM

May 2011
diggen dem pantsu
Jul 9, 2011 5:33 PM

Aug 2010
What is this I don't even

Jul 9, 2011 5:53 PM

Nov 2008
I have to say that I wasn't impressed and not the best of this summer, the art is not as great as I was expecting. Nonetheless, I'm hoping it'll get better and I'll keep watching since I was kind of looking forward to it.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jul 9, 2011 6:01 PM

Oct 2010
luffyfan said:
So basically taito is a zombie and himea is a vampire. Kinda reminds me of kore wa zombie desu ka
I was thinking kind of like that except the problem with kore wa zombie desu ka is that this was made before this anime so kore wa zombie desu ka might have taken idea from this but got adapted quicker.

Jul 9, 2011 6:08 PM

Jul 2009
The colors are too bleh. I hate the animation for this one.

Story looks like it has potential. Characters... umm.. another sadistic gay emo character E-VE-RY-ONE loves. *sigh*

3/5
Jul 9, 2011 6:13 PM

Feb 2008
well they certainly know how to end an episode.
Jul 9, 2011 6:16 PM
Sep 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
luffyfan said:
So basically taito is a zombie and himea is a vampire. Kinda reminds me of kore wa zombie desu ka
I was thinking kind of like that except the problem with kore wa zombie desu ka is that this was made before this anime so kore wa zombie desu ka might have taken idea from this but got adapted quicker.
Wait wat?! No way! i hope that didnt happen happen because i absolutely love kore wa zombie desu ka
Jul 9, 2011 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
ByeByeMrMoon said:
What is this I don't even

indeed
Jul 9, 2011 6:27 PM

Sep 2008
I actually liked this better than Kore wa's first episode. Still, the 2 will probably quite different in the end; gotta love all dem colors.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2011 7:03 PM
Feb 2011
himeaaaaaaaaaa
Jul 9, 2011 7:19 PM

Jul 2008
It was alright.

I swear I wanted to count how many times they said Taito in the episode but told myself it's not worth it, because it's a lot. Character design/art style is pretty though! Love Himea and Haruka's hair color tones. And Taito and Gekkou's spasm hair. xD

I much prefer Kore was Zombie Desu Ka..
mcc badge

Toph: "Even though I was born blind, I've never had any problems seeing."
Jul 9, 2011 7:47 PM

Mar 2009
Haruka looks like Hideyoshi. Automatic win.

A little too much fanservice, but i can deal with it.

Vandesdelca said:
This is probably one of the top 3 anime of the new season in regards to animation quality, storyline and sound effects in my opinion. Great episode it makes me really want to see the next episode.

+1
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» How many of the A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives light novels were adapted into anime?

Comet - Aug 17, 2015

2 by el_morris »»
Apr 24, 2022 9:28 AM

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Sep 23, 2011

95 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 26, 2021 7:48 AM

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Sep 16, 2011

61 by Ashhk »»
Apr 16, 2021 12:05 PM

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 10 Discussion

Elite60 - Sep 9, 2011

29 by Ashhk »»
Apr 16, 2021 11:32 AM

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 9 Discussion

Elite60 - Sep 2, 2011

41 by Ashhk »»
Apr 16, 2021 9:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.