Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2011 9:31 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a pity innocence of the sort doesn't exist anymore
Mar 12, 2012 8:00 AM
Dec 2010
Godai said:
It's been fun ,... goodbay Kozue-chan.

Kozue said:
yaah you finally understand, i'm happy, cya .

Godai said:
Ww .woooooooot ?!!?!

XD
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jul 14, 2012 2:46 PM

Oct 2009
greenmarty said:
Godai said:
It's been fun ,... goodbay Kozue-chan.

Kozue said:
yaah you finally understand, i'm happy, cya .

Godai said:
Ww .woooooooot ?!!?!

XD
Sent with Mal Updater

FAIL!!!! >.<
Woo new intro =p
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Jan 5, 2013 8:14 PM

Dec 2011
Great new opening!
Just to be held by a beloved man should be the apex of every girl's happiness.
Sep 28, 2013 5:00 PM

Sep 2012
It's gonna suck for her when she finally realizes that Godai doesn't like her like that.

At least he acknowledges the fact that they need to break up. This whole thing is getting a bit uncomfortable.
Jan 29, 2014 12:43 PM

Jan 2014
Interesting épisode especially when i réaliser i totally forgot it when i watched it on french 2 years ago.
The question for me is : is mikata sincere in trying to help Kozue to understand Godai's feelings?
Jun 7, 2014 3:50 PM

Jun 2010
In theory spending an episode focusing on a secondary character is a decent idea, but I think doing one on Kozue is actually undermining something important. Before this, I think the audience can only get a superficial feel for Kozue, and this is significant because this is exactly the understanding of her that Godai has. He doesn't really care about her or really pay close attention to her, so he barely even knows her. Placing the audience in the same position is a good way to get this across. Spending the whole episode with her (and making her so sympathetic when she's been a bit annoying before) actually damages the strength of the cast.
Jun 22, 2014 12:27 PM

Jun 2008
Ya know, what's Godai's problem?! I understand the whole series is about him and Kyoko getting together, but Kozue is a really sweet and caring girl too! I don't see what he doesn't see in her. At the very least he shouldn't lead her on like this. :/

Oh well, at least the misunderstanding at the end was kinda funny.
Oct 6, 2015 9:41 AM
May 2015
Great episode after some mediocre episodes, OP is nice, and mitaka without shining teeth is so adorable! I'm astonished regarding his character development.
Dec 31, 2015 7:24 AM

Dec 2014
ok kozue and tskami please dont make a love rectangle
May 7, 2016 9:45 AM

Jan 2013
Coach Mitaka is a nice guy, don't know why people calling him an asshole.
BornWithCHeeSeMay 7, 2016 10:21 AM
Aug 10, 2016 6:06 PM

Jan 2013
Godai needs to stop stringing her along. It's been like 2 years since the start of this anime. Something like this is pretty dumb, it would be more realistic if they had casual sex and he just realized he wasn't really in love with her and was truly in love with Kyoko. But that's too mature for this anime to pull off.
May 11, 2017 7:29 PM

May 2009
Wow, Mitaka was actually likable this episode. Not only did he hear Kozue out with her recent issues with Godai, he even told Godai to man up and break things with Kozue. As for Godai, I have no idea what went wrong when he tried to break things with Kozue, did she misinterpret him or was she so distracted by Godai's touch on the shoulder, that she blocked out his words. In the end, looks like Godai is "still going out" with Kozue, much to my dismay( I really like Kozue, which is why it pisses me off that Godai goes out with her when the feeling isn't mutual). After seeing Kozue showing signs of insecurities in the episode, it felt very realistic and relatable, and it makes me realize that Kozue might find out Godai's feelings the hard way.
Oct 4, 2017 9:38 AM

May 2015
Kozue is so fun to watch, but Godai should finally make a choice.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 21, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2012
Man this is getting irritating.First Godai fidgeting with his tie through their "date" clearly thinking about Kyoko.Kozue being dense enough to not realize Godai doesn't have feeling for her which is just sad and pitiful at this point tbh and Godai just continuing to string her along.

And chirst that ending,Godai need to make his breaking up with her much clearer ffs.
Apr 6, 2018 1:35 AM
Nov 2011
Godai wrapped his arm around Kozue's shoulder and said, "It's been fun. Goodbye." in a somber tone. If Kozue wasn't extremely ditzy, she would recognize the somber tone and recognize Godai's words as a final さようなら (sayounara) as opposed to what she interpreted as see ya later. Poor Kozue now believes that her relationship with Godai is on the mend, becoming more 'lovey dovey' while Godai wanted the exact opposite. This spells disastrous heartbreak.

It's party Godai's fault as well. There really is no need for half of the misunderstandings in this show if Godai would state his intentions clearly. He won't of course though. I suspect this will remain one of his character flaws for a good portion of the rest of the series before he starts seeing some development in that area.

It's interesting and yet slightly frustrating to say the least.
badbboyzApr 6, 2018 1:38 AM
Feb 1, 2019 7:50 PM

Nov 2016
And the misunderstandings continue xD

Nice new opening btw.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 20, 2019 2:44 PM

Jul 2015
Damn it, Godai almost ended that romantic relation with Kosue, too bad she misunderstood

Jan 29, 2020 4:36 AM

Jun 2016
Godai is so stupid,the girls at the beginning were right,it doesn't matter how innocent you are but you can't date someone for like 2 freaking years without kissing or having sex.

Even Kentaro knows Godai is a weirdo.

Coach was a true gentleman in this one,my man handled the situation like a real men. Also his face the 3rd time Kozue came to visit him lol,he was like "WTF did I get myself into".

Yotsuya-san must have nothing better to do lol. His life would be boring without young Godai for real.

also jeez all the brats look like Godai in this anime,same haircut and everything.

Jul 1, 2021 6:50 PM
Jul 2018
^ Every single thing the comment above says is the truth lol. Very well said.

After watching Himagure Orange Road and some others of the like, I'm starting to become well acquainted with the trope of an MC getting stuck in a relationship he doesn't want to be in. Each time it just gets more and more uncomfortable lol. But I'm guessing this recurring side story will last for quite some time until Kozue finally gets the message.

Still, Kozue's a good character. A pitiful one too, which can play with the viewer's emotions and make them immersed.

And Godai... I know he's afraid to let her down, but DAMN he was being cold at the zoo. His disinterest was agonizing.

Coach Mitaka had a highlight in this episode too, and it's becoming concrete that he's not a bad person by any means. His maturity shone through when telling Godai to let her down easy.
Jun 22, 2022 5:57 AM

Jan 2018
If I was in Godai's position I'd probably just settle with Kozue cos I'd feel guilty about wronging her and cos she's pretty cute too (though she doesn’t compare against Kyoko).
Then I'd proceed to lead the rest of my life with regret for not breaking up with her and trying to go for Kyoko.
Apr 17, 2023 9:28 PM

Apr 2016
Kozue is way too naive but she deserves better than Yuusaku.

Shun was so fun that I would root for him to date every lady.
Mar 14, 3:31 PM

May 2022
Some Kozue chan development, nice to see. The episode felt kinda depressing but lightened up a bit toward the end.

Trains
EPs 31/96
In total 90 (+5)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 19 Discussion

meneope - Jun 19, 2011

34 by Playcool »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 10 Discussion

hellogoodbye - Jun 3, 2011

30 by Ethan348 »»
Yesterday, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 12 Discussion

hellogoodbye - Jun 4, 2011

20 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 6 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 25, 2009

29 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 4 Discussion

good-time - Jul 28, 2010

20 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 5:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.