Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 27, 2011 1:14 PM
Jul 2009
I don't really know where they're going with the plot any more in this show and whatever they're doing, I'm not sure how they'll do it in 4 episodes but I did enjoy this episode a lot.
May 27, 2011 1:34 PM

Aug 2010
Episodes like these are required for a deeper story line, huh.

May 27, 2011 1:48 PM

Jan 2010
CG said:
I couldn't care less about KimiMashu pairing. If anything, it makes me cringe as she's not human, she's an asset, for crying out loud, pairing YouXYourFuture is plain sick. Thus, I could really do without that pairing.
The only interesting part of the ep was about Mikuni's past, which made it an OK ep, but I kinda expected more of it.
Wow, girly, you are such a boring and annoying hypocrite. I don't see you having a problem liking vampires, shinigamis or their weapons for that matter.

Not to mention we don't really know what an asset is.
May 27, 2011 3:08 PM

Aug 2008
zeando34 said:
mashu said: "it's said the assets are the form that an entre's lost future takes"
maybe it's a mistranslation, but doesn't this mean an asset simbolize what a person will lose in the end?

I was thinking this too.
Which is probably why my speculation went something like this: Mikuni's asset -> shares the same voice actor with his sister => Asset is his sister, kind of? Mikuni lost her/might lose her completely in the future, so the sister could be his "lost future".
Or it could be the opposite, depending on the translation.

Ok episode, I liked the Mikuni part even though it was a tad cliché. Kimimaro x Masshu part was boring since I'm not watching this anime for romance, but yeah, I have nothing against it either. (The "what is kissing, well okay, let's do it" part was pretty clichéd too, though.)

CG continues being stiff and horrible.
May 27, 2011 3:21 PM

Jun 2009
So Mikuni/s backstory, and moar moar Mashu this episode. Liked it. Guess they're gonna go at it with full plot since next episode, since only 4 episodes left. :(
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 27, 2011 3:28 PM

Feb 2010
KeiranShikari said:
Best episode so far, sad there's only 4 more eps left.

Agreed. I really liked the backstory mixed with the character/relationship development.

Great episode.

Oh, and I got that Mikuni's sis was in a coma... not dead as some have said.
May 27, 2011 4:29 PM
Nov 2010
zeando34 said:
interesting to see how mikuni changed, he once had personal dreams and interest, like a normal person, now he has nothing

mashu said: "it's said the assets are the form that an entre's lost future takes"
maybe it's a mistranslation, but doesn't this mean an asset simbolize what a person will lose in the end?

It's a pretty... Vague and thought-provoking idea, really.

Maybe the assets are representations of what they really desire for their future? Mashu is Kimimaro's desire for affection and Mikuni's is quite obviously a copy of his sister.

I can't really gather my thoughts enough to add what else I can think of what it may mean, but it seems to represent what they desire for the future and a chance to get it much faster than they normally would, and with the added chance to lose it forever.

On the topic of the CGI... I see lots of people complaining about it, and I really don't understand. It seems fine to me. You guys mean Masakaki and the Assets right, how they're animated? It seemed like a conscious animation choice to me, showing how alien they are compared to the more 'human-like' animations.

Either way, I really enjoyed this episode. I just wonder how they can fit something like this into an 11-episode anime.
May 27, 2011 5:16 PM

Jun 2010
It's a shame that we already saw half of this amazing anime :X Love the interaction between the asset and Yoga.
May 27, 2011 7:52 PM
Jun 2009
I love how you got to see stuff from the assets point of view and that other guys was a interesitng concept to say the least and when she was asking about kissing i am not sure why but she seemed really cute maybe it was because she seemed innocent at the time who knows
May 27, 2011 9:13 PM
Dec 2008
this is only gonna be 11 eps long??
thats what it says on the profile site...
i was hoping it to be longer
to develop the plot even more
May 27, 2011 10:15 PM

Sep 2010
Confucius said:
This episode reminds me of that guy who married his DS

that video is win made me emotionally cry

anyway about the episode , mashu and kimimaro for the win that is all.
May 28, 2011 12:30 AM

Oct 2008
:3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 28, 2011 12:58 AM

Jan 2009
nice episode, is it confirmed that Mikuni's sister really died? or just on a deep comma?
May 28, 2011 1:35 AM

Feb 2010
I thought the flashbacks were interesting. I also thought one line in this episode perfectly encapsulated the series as a whole:

"There are still a lot of things I don't understand." - Msyu
May 28, 2011 2:02 AM

Oct 2009
Blackbird said:
Some background story of Mikuni, his father was so aweful.
Mikuni sister died, that was predictable.

Kimimaro act like a normal person would do friendly but he still confused what to do,
he don't want to lose or win.
What do he really want?
Well the relationships between his asset Mashu is close.

Quite good episode thought, no battle but still good progness.

Looking forward for next episode!

I hope you realised it was already revealed in the episode he said that his father invested money in the company instead of saving her little sister.

Mashu is so cute, too bad this is getting way too generic now. Ah wells.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2011 2:22 AM

Feb 2010
mikuni past was ok.

kikimaro x mashu is retarded.

it now makes sense that if u lose u lose your future.

since your asset represent your future , and if u lose , u lose it.

so the distric take your future and make it an asset.

just a theory :P
May 28, 2011 2:51 AM

May 2009
was ok.
May 28, 2011 6:38 AM

Sep 2009
One thing that keeps annoying me is when Masakaki knocks on the door, when he clearly doesn't need it opened. He just teleports in there. And he clearly doesn't mind surprising people by randomly appearing, so he shouldn't feel he has to give them warning.

So they're representations of thier futures? So Kimimaro has a future with a goat, and Mikuni has a future with a bitch who eats up money.
May 28, 2011 9:58 AM
Jul 2010
j0x said:
nice episode, is it confirmed that Mikuni's sister really died? or just on a deep comma?
Yeah, I got exactly the same doubt. First thing I noticed when Takako appeared was a huge physical resemblance to Q... Then the similarity just got bigger, even regarding their speech styles. I'm getting quite curious about the assets. "The embodiment of one's future" hum? No wonder Kimimaro wants to know.
May 28, 2011 11:57 AM

Jul 2009
Backstory of the other characters instead of just the protagonist.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

May 28, 2011 12:28 PM

Nov 2008
Although it was "filler" material it was actually interesting. I wonder what they cut at end?
May 28, 2011 9:43 PM

Aug 2008
Strange episode. Half of it was Mikuni's dour past, the other half focused on the fretful Yoga and his curious Asset. He really should've practiced kissing with Mashu. It's not like thing could get any stranger. Yes, I'm shipping. It's not much of one, but I'm doing it.

May 28, 2011 10:53 PM

Jun 2010
Was fun to see a bit of Mikuni's past in this episode. Now I have a better idea of where he's coming from now, and his goals, as well as his reasoning for everything he's trying to accomplish. His father was your typical businessman who valued his work and heir as opposed to family and son. Sad with his sister, though it seems she's not actually dead, but comatose. I thought the father left her to die, though I guess that is as close as it gets.
May 29, 2011 12:15 AM

May 2010
Moimy said:
So they're representations of thier futures? So Kimimaro has a future with a goat, and Mikuni has a future with a bitch who eats up money.

Wow that's actually really believable prediction lol

And I am guessing that guy from episode one has a future with a Mobile Gundam Suit
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 29, 2011 2:36 AM

Apr 2008
There's another argument for the Q = Mikuni's sister. Her title. The sleeping princess was it? Sleeping = Coma
May 29, 2011 6:21 AM

Nov 2009
Werrston said:
Wow, girly, you are such a boring and annoying hypocrite. I don't see you having a problem liking vampires, shinigamis or their weapons for that matter.
Wow, dude! You even bothered not only write up an angry reply, but also check out my humble profile? Shipping much?Am I supposed to feel flattered now or what?

Anyways, your point? So I've cool guys on fav character list, and now what, exactly? Ever thought the reason might be the fact that there's depressing lack of strong, independent leading female characters, which are exactly who I wanna see? Not all those lolis and moes and various 'I'm strong on the surface, not all the way through so that I could become a damsel in distress for the male character at the drop of a hat' types - all the ones you apparently, being a typical male they aimed at, like.

Tsuyoi onna nado hitori mo inee shi. Which means I have to make do with what I got. Son dake no hanashi sa. How is this hypocrisy?

Or what, you're gonna say it's all my fault there's glaring lack of cool females in anime/manga? That the industry is clearly male-oriented which results in female characters being represented as lolis, moe cuties, various -deres and other weaklings with one behevorial pattern to make male viewers like them more? That all coolness, smarts and such are spent on male characters almost exclusevely? Yeah, totally, everything's my fault, including creation of this universe and the one next to it.
You know, dude, tsumannai no wa atashi yori anta da yo.

Moimy said:
Statements like this is the reason I read episode threads xDDDD
CGMay 29, 2011 6:27 AM
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
May 29, 2011 7:33 AM

Mar 2010
This is a strange episode indeed though its lovable :P lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2011 3:08 PM

Oct 2009
Long flashback.

Now when are they going to kiss? ^^
May 29, 2011 3:54 PM

Mar 2010
Aurao said:
Long flashback.

Now when are they going to kiss? ^^

Im waiting for it too xDD
I guess , at the end of the episode D;
May 29, 2011 7:57 PM
Feb 2009
fell
May 30, 2011 9:53 AM

Jun 2009
It's nice to see some of Mikuni's background and how he get to where he is now.

Not a fan of Kimimaro and Mashu romance. It was okay but I really prefer that sexy woman undercover agent.
-QuasarMay 30, 2011 7:30 PM
May 30, 2011 12:36 PM

Oct 2010
i like the idea of Mashu x Kimimaro.
nice seeing Mikuni's past but i didn't even realise it was him at first hahaha.
May 30, 2011 4:14 PM
Dec 2007
Alright, it was probably my favourite episode of any series of 2011. The story was developped perfectly and creatively while exploring the characters' psychology and relationships at the same time (it almost ressembled an Ergo Proxy episode at some point) and the direction is ever so flawless.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 30, 2011 9:10 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, really good episode. Mikuni with orange hair was lol O_O Anyways, I thought it was interesting to know his past, but it was pretty cliche. Throw in a sick sister who dies + manipulative father? Yea. Oh well, I thought it was interesting how he had to give up his musicianship to become a businessman ... which you know, will probably happen to some of us :S
He joined Financial District to try and beat the system I guess? Since it doesn't seem like he wants to do what his dad did ... meh well ... meh :P
Mashu second part was interesting. Yea, so Asset's are the Entre's "future"? What does that even mean? Interesting I suppose ... lol, I kind of really don't want Yoga and Mashu to get together though. I think it would work better as just a friendship ... come on, rebel against the masses and DON'T have a romance in this series! :S
May 31, 2011 2:24 PM

Jan 2010
I knew it, Uchiha Madara is heartless.

Seems Mashu is becoming more and more human.
May 31, 2011 2:50 PM

Jun 2009
Kimimaro x Mashu, did they really need to go there? It's just the usual "there's a beta male and a tsundere in the series, so we need to push them together for fanservice reasons."

It's not like that's always a bad thing, but you need to be able to fit it in with the rest of the series. Here, it's not going to work. So far, we have no plot whatsoever, some generic shounen characteristics for Kimimaro, no characterization for Mashu beyond what happened in this episode, almost nothing on the assets, and four episodes left to correct these deficiencies. Take off 10 minutes to actually semi-develop this romantic connection, and that's 78 minutes to do everything, including the stuff that has little to do with Kimimaro and Mashu.

Other than that, this wasn't a bad episode. Souichirou's past and his reasons for his ambitions were interesting. He's the only character that has had any substantial development, but at least there is one. The disappearance of the buildings at the end gives me hope that we'll get a plot soon.
DrHouseMay 31, 2011 2:54 PM
Jun 1, 2011 9:22 AM

May 2010
Pretty nice, a little story from different character perspective !!
Jun 4, 2011 9:02 PM

Jul 2010
Q and Takako look similar.
Q is nicknamed Sleeping Beauty.
Takako is probably in a coma.
I don't think thats a coincidence
You may read this quote , "However, by that point you'll have been torn to pieces."
Jun 5, 2011 2:05 AM

Sep 2008
Awesome episode. Lot's of side things covered making the anime feel more consistent and complete up to this point.

5/5

Also, friend of mine decided to see where the QR code in the ED takes him to and ended up on some Japanese website. Forgot what it was. Still cool that it worked despite having credits in the way.
Jun 13, 2011 3:28 PM

Dec 2010
I like this episode, maybe as much as the previous one, or kind of less than it. Anyway the feeling here was good enough, though I almost got annoyed on Msyu part. About the good part - we finally got a look of what made Mikuni the person he is now. His father is real bastard. And I watched the Doki release too, which means I think that Mikuni's sister is in coma and not dead. The ending almost made me watch the next episode, but I'll leave it for tomorrow or so. I hope that the next ep will be connected to this one, unlike the previous ones =\
MeritasJun 13, 2011 3:55 PM
Jun 16, 2011 7:09 PM

May 2008
DrHouse said:
beta male

I knew I hated everything about your existence.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jun 26, 2011 10:40 PM

Nov 2007
Well that was boring. We already knew all that stuff about Mikuni since he, y'know, ALREADY TALKED ABOUT IT. Seeing it only makes us try to sympathise with him. While I do, I still consider him an anatagonist (mostly because of the OP). When is he going to make his move?

Do not want Kimimaro/Myshu developments. Why must everything be romantic? Can't they just be friends? Sigh.
Jun 27, 2011 2:23 PM
Mar 2009
I have a few questions maybe sb will help me!!!

1) the first one - what does the change on the clock mean???
from the running one (when the number is getting smaller and smaller to 0000000000032 of course it has been shown just for a second)
2)the second one - at the end of the episode when Yoga is sitting in the taxi he noticed that before there were passing 5 buildings at this place and now there are only 3. Why the buildings had disappeared, what does it mean???
3)the last one - what does the change of the enclosing mean???.I persume that before the buildings were occupied and now there are empty so it means that the city is changing for worst by influence of the district has on it.
kingvinceJun 28, 2011 12:14 AM
Jul 28, 2011 11:40 PM

Jul 2010
even if he did go for the kiss, he would be kissing a card if they kissed there.

Aug 9, 2011 10:32 PM

Oct 2010
I liked this introverted episode, it gave me some views that the characters have and their outlook on the city and life itself. I didn't even realize that was Mikuni until they showed him at present time in the financial district. I really have to start paying better attention. xD
Sep 21, 2011 5:41 PM

Dec 2009
Finally a "good" episode >_<
Oct 23, 2011 1:30 AM

Jun 2011
At last, a hint that there will be a kissing scene between Kimimaro and Msyu!!! Cute moments between them~

Btw, is it just me or Q and Takako look kinda the same?
Dec 5, 2011 10:18 PM

Sep 2011
Kiss kiss kiss KISS!!! Hoping to see one at the end of the Anime! >:D

Overall, great episode, glad to see her okay! I also loved the background story on Mikuni. Very interesting, very interesting indeed... :D
Jun 27, 2012 7:24 PM

Jul 2011
I knew that was Mikuni because he had that beard. XD

If Kimimaro didn't punch that guy, I would've.

And that hint at romance.
Sep 29, 2012 7:12 PM

Sep 2011
Wow Mikuni's dad was such a bastard. Is his sister dead or just in a coma? It just said "never opened her eyes again" a little confusing...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » C Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

376 by mhikari92 »»
Apr 10, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Discussion on a general question

akarsh_kumar - Sep 21, 2023

6 by LostInLove »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » C Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 16, 2011

135 by basskiller »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:55 PM

» As a whole what did you think of this anime?

ZoarialShadow - Jan 19, 2017

19 by Abyhape »»
Jul 12, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » C Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

116 by GosuDRM »»
Jun 30, 2023 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.