Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 12, 2011 12:59 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Excellent episode! Much more fights! Good choice since I love them. The first one was WTF @ the big gun as follows,

that was quite original while at the same time done before. Regardless loved it!

Kimimaro was so mean not giving to Mashu any noodle. You jerk! She is your asset. I would feed my asset every day especially a beauty like Mashu except mines would be in the angel form.

The old man is game over but the guy's asset WTF @ that keyhole and big key. Rather insane. Well this episode definitively thumbs up for its battles and action. I also liked the cafeteria in the Financial District.
Yumekichi11May 14, 2011 1:15 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 12, 2011 5:38 PM

Sep 2007
C is definitely shaping up to be one of the best this season. So Jennifer's sekret organizationz thinks midas money is a bad thing. I wonder how they'll attempt to deal the guild though. If anything, I kind of agree with Mikuni's thinking. It's better to live in a dirty peaceful world than a clean world with nothing to eat. If you can't stop the system, might as well use it to your advantage.
May 12, 2011 6:04 PM

Feb 2010
Had to strain a bit to understand some of that blonde lady's engrish, the guy doing her boss was still spot on with his though, he's damn good. The abundance of deals in this episode was a good mixup from the usual of only one or two. Wonder if we'll get some more lengthy ones in the future to show off some of the strategies the MC is trying to work out.
May 12, 2011 6:19 PM
Jun 2009
This show just gets more and more interesting. One thought that came to mind, about assets eating I noticed miyu had had no experience consuming food yet is able do you think she can taste it of is it just something to eat and was the other guys asset eating midus money? Oh and at the end WTF WAS THAT? At first i thought insect then crab or maybe a crayfish then it struck me it' s a GIANT TOOTHED VAGINA?!
ROOMA4HELLMay 12, 2011 6:23 PM
May 12, 2011 6:38 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Kimimaro was so mean not giving to Mashu any noodle. You jerk! She is your asset. I would feed my asset every day especially a beauty like Mashu except mines would be in the angel form.
But he brought her some afterwards, just as he said he would. ;)

Paiguy said:
Had to strain a bit to understand some of that blonde lady's engrish
Hah, I know! I was reading along with the subtitles at moderate volume, then all the kanji appeared up and they kept talking and I'm going, "What? Oh, she's speaking English..." *Turns up volume to understand*

Yoga joining the Guild came as no surprise. We don't really have a "villain" yet, unless you consider black money a villain. I want to know who Masakaki works for, or whoever it was that created the District. Speaking of that guy, he didn't appear at all this episode.
May 12, 2011 7:03 PM
Apr 2008
C is definitely one of the best series this season. I thought it was just bankruptcy that changes reality. I would be so paranoid after every loss to find out what changed. Kimimaro was cg'd a little bit during his fight which was new, though i can definitely tell they are trying to cut back on the cg. I can't help but think Mikuni will someone end up being the bad guy. I mean what sort of huge change of reality would him going bankrupt have? Could end up being a whole he turns on the guild but the guild can't stop him because if they do the world would end.
May 12, 2011 7:41 PM

Feb 2011
It's cute to hear anime characters speaking engrish but I think this blonde girls engrish-engrish is kinda annoying ^_^;;
May 12, 2011 7:44 PM

Jun 2010
XxshizxX said:
It's cute to hear anime characters speaking engrish but I think this blonde girls engrish-engrish is kinda annoying ^_^;;

Makes me chuckle every time I hear her.
May 12, 2011 7:57 PM

Aug 2008
I'm starting to like this show more and more. I was kind of disappointed at first because I had very high expectations because I loved Nakamura Kenji's previous anime, Mononoke and Kuuchuu Buranko, though that being said I did also quite like it at first too, just not as much as my expectations, but now I think it is definitely shaping up to be a great anime. I'm quite liking some of the characters as well.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
May 12, 2011 8:12 PM

Aug 2010
I really like where this show is going its getting very interesting, still i want to know who is the villain or to find out if Mikuni has a shady goal in mind...well its to soon to know

5/5 episode :)

EDIT: only 11 episodes?? man you gotta be kidding this series got potential!
xMusicMohawkMay 14, 2011 12:13 AM
May 12, 2011 8:13 PM

Oct 2009
C is shaping up to be a great show for the season. Actions appear near the beginning, ending with of course, Yoga joining the guild.

And we know that even losing money, your reality can be affected by just even a small amount.

The lady's engrish sounds very odd... it's too hard to understand sometimes...

May 12, 2011 10:19 PM

Nov 2010
geez, that is such a bad case of engrish D:

loved the rest of the episode though, that hawaiian shirt guy is awesome.
May 12, 2011 10:21 PM

Oct 2010
Iilia said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Still does not change the fact that he was mean to her at first.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 12, 2011 11:50 PM
Nov 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Iilia said:

Really? It seemed more like one of those awkward romantic moments. Like he was embarrassed to see such a close up of her lips through the Credit Card or something.

Might have just been me though.
May 12, 2011 11:53 PM

Jan 2009
Something I'd really like, would be if Kimimaro mans up and decides to just crush all his deal opponents. It'd be more fun that way. Make an impact on reality, make shit flip out.

Also, there was no noticeable horribad CGI in this episode ‿‿

Segmented said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Really? It seemed more like one of those awkward romantic moments. Like he was embarrassed to see such a close up of her lips through the Credit Card or something.

Might have just been me though.
That's what I thought as well. Felt more like one of those "Oh please, not this shit again."-moments than him just being mean.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 13, 2011 12:33 AM

Nov 2006
I love Masyu so much. The actual show is good too... but Masyu is best.
Hope Kimi doesn't lose again because we don't need him going emo.

Really sad about the professor's wife leaving him :(
May 13, 2011 12:34 AM

May 2010
Great episode. Those assets powers are awesome esp. the Deadman's Trigger which gave me a big WTF reaction!!

So Yoga joined the guild.

And oh, the woman's engrish is just ....
May 13, 2011 12:47 AM

Apr 2011
This show is getting better every episode.
The discussion between Mikuni and Kimimaro = economics orgasm
May 13, 2011 1:02 AM

Feb 2009
I really lol'd at that Deal when the Asset girl turned into a gun and his Entre pulled the trigger. ^^

Glad to see some more Deals from others and from Yoga and with the rules I read on the forums on how these Deals work, I understood it much better.
So losing really has some side effects to reality depending on how much you lost.
From Yoga failing his subject to that geezer getting on a big debt on his company.
And Mikuni really has some good intentions although using some other ways to achieve it.
Kinda like Emiya Kiritsugu. He even sounds a bit like Koyama Rikiya, Kiritsugu's seiyuu, though he's not. I really thought that he was Rikiya at first.
Yoga's stepping up a bit now. This show is getting better and better. Love it.

Lol at Yoga's enemy at the end. WTF! Dunno who looks worse, the Asset or the Entre ^^
May 13, 2011 1:03 AM

Feb 2010
i want to know more about masakaki and the truth of the district , i found this ep kinda boring , it was expected.
May 13, 2011 1:10 AM

Apr 2011
Vanisher said:
i want to know more about masakaki and the truth of the district , i found this ep kinda boring , it was expected.

This isn't a typical shonen battle anime, you'll get bored if you expect lots of fights. Notice most fights only last a couple minutes
May 13, 2011 1:26 AM
Mar 2010
belatkuro said:
I really lol'd at that Deal when the Asset girl turned into a gun and his Entre pulled the trigger. ^^

This.

So like people from the Financial District can't identify the value of Midas Money, right? Must be difficult paying in cash.
May 13, 2011 1:29 AM

Apr 2011
herox3 said:

So like people from the Financial District can't identify the value of Midas Money, right? Must be difficult paying in cash.

That made me laugh, I wonder how they know the denominations since every midas money bill looks the same :D
May 13, 2011 1:43 AM

Feb 2011
The engrish always makes me laugh in C.

C is one of the top 3 this season so far!
May 13, 2011 3:21 AM

Dec 2009
Every time that woman start speaking Engrish I need to rewind the video six times. Three times because I didn't hear anything she said because I was laughing too hard, and another three times to finally understand what the hell she's saying, lol.

It seems the battles are turning more outrageous with the asset girl turning into a giant gun and the half-slimey crab asset at the end. Good stuff.
Ara ara.
May 13, 2011 5:12 AM

Apr 2011
Someone will probably post a more detailed reply, but
0.Be interested in economics
1.Listen to Mikuni's speech in the second half
2.Realize "Financial District" = "Central Bank" and "Midas Money" = "Printed Money"
3.???
4.Mind=blown
May 13, 2011 6:28 AM
Feb 2010
GLORIOUS ENGRISH!! :D

That aside, Mysu is so cute in this episode <3

(Too bad theres no Masakaki this week though....)
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

May 13, 2011 6:28 AM
May 2010
The show is actually a battle series more than it is economic. If anyone noticed the terms utilized in this episode 'dead man's trigger' and 'great wall' are anything but financial in origin. The fights are highly enjoyable, but it is not a battle series.

I elaborated here as to why I think it's directed more for younger audiences than older ones.
May 13, 2011 8:01 AM

Aug 2008
I C WHAT YOU DID THERE, C [Bad pun intended]

Tomoe Mami, Puella Magi Madoka Magica

An asset, C

Girls with BIG guns seem to be in fashion.

Er... well, anyway, the episode was nice. Not big surprises there but pretty decent overall. Engrish is hilarious.
MinekoMay 13, 2011 8:30 AM
May 13, 2011 8:18 AM

Dec 2008
No Masakaki in this episode. *sad*
May 13, 2011 8:27 AM

Jun 2009
Oh boy the Engrish doesn't disappoint.

So that just proves that the punishment for losing is random in regards to future. I can be anything as long as the person has a connection on it.
May 13, 2011 9:48 AM

Jul 2009
So, if they don't care about what happends in real life, they can technically go on a losing streak until they win the last needed battle. Though, why they would do that, is beyond me.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

May 13, 2011 10:03 AM

May 2010
Oh, and I just saw that it's going to be an 11 ep show.

I wonder how things will be in the remaining 6 eps.

Takagi Noboru, I believe in you. :D
May 13, 2011 10:09 AM

Jul 2010
So every time he loses, something bad happens to him or people who are close to him. This time it was failing for a class, but who knows what could happen if he loses again, or a much larger amount for that matter. Kimimaro joining the guild was no surprise indeed.

If Masyu doesn't even know what food is, then why would she be able to eat it? Oh well... =P

Very interesting episode!

May 13, 2011 11:17 AM

Feb 2011
mmm, when going bankrupt(or losing much) anything gained in the real world, directly or undirectly, by using midas money vanish or go wrong? (not sure the failing the test was related to the loss or was only an accident)
so mikuni says to minimize the losses, to minimize the effects
but would be the safest way(for oneself) to just don't use those money? if they didn't use them, even when they may happen to lose, there would be no effect on the real world?

or if losing only leads to random misfortune(not related to the midas used), then what effect does midas money should have when used?

the thing of buing bonds with midas looks a nice way to make an entire nation vanish if mikuni loses :
also the thing of gaining control over the district may be a nice idea if one is sure that control will be always used for the current aim, but i guess there will be a turn once they'll gain actual controll over it

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
May 13, 2011 11:49 AM

Sep 2009
Koi-Miru said:
GLORIOUS ENGRISH!! :D
enough to make me think that it was a mecha talking gibberish.

The battles gave me quiet a good laugh and didn't expect the show to have only 11 episodes.
May 13, 2011 11:59 AM

Feb 2010
LOLZ at the Engrish. I enjoyed the battles immensely.. and I like how more and more is being revealed/discussed about the economics of this world and the financial district.

I also like how he gave ramen to his asset.

I really like Mikuni & Q's relationship.

Sucks that the econ prof wife left him.. he got screwed royally... :/
May 13, 2011 12:02 PM

Nov 2009
So Souichirou finally invited Yoga to his home. To talk about economics:) An invitation Yoga as a good economics departmentstudent couldn't ignore)

OP suggests Souichirou's th villain,but so far... I see nothing even remotedly vilanious about him... so I'm kinda confused.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
May 13, 2011 12:55 PM
Jun 2009
The Engrish makes me want to rip my ears off. Almost keeps me from enjoying the show.
May 13, 2011 12:58 PM

Aug 2009
finally had some time to watch all 5 episodes so far its very good and original. Only 11 episodes so thats kinda disappointing.
May 13, 2011 1:29 PM

Jun 2009
It's getting better and better, well not cgi but the rest, certainly. I like Mikuni's thinking.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 13, 2011 1:31 PM

Aug 2010
Interesting, at least.

May 13, 2011 1:37 PM
Nov 2008
As much as I'm enjoying C, I'm beginning to see the flaws that it has. We're almost half way through the series, and it still feels like they're explaining how everything works more than anything else. There also doesn't seem to be any overall plot. I'm really not sure what they're going to be able to accomplish in the 2nd half of the series.

Also, did Yoga use a Direct against the asset? I thought Direct could only be used against your actual opponent...
May 13, 2011 2:10 PM

Feb 2008
Sure you can do a direct attack, well I almost thought when you lose you become bankrupt.
I didn't realize the rules since I read on Rules topics.
He joined the guild, going to be tough for him if he keep losing all the time.
Doesn't he lose money?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 13, 2011 2:30 PM

Apr 2011
Thalandor46 said:
We're almost half way through the series, and it still feels like they're explaining how everything works more than anything else. There also doesn't seem to be any overall plot. I'm really not sure what they're going to be able to accomplish in the 2nd half of the series.

Are you serious ? With this episode the foundations of the plot are almost laid out, episode 06 will probably be the last "slow" episode, then shit gets real from episode 07 onwards
Betting my future on it.
May 13, 2011 2:31 PM

Oct 2009
That's one ugly opponent xD
May 13, 2011 3:44 PM
Dec 2007
C is probably the best anime this season simply because it's the only one to always deliver week after week thanks to its fantastic direction, thematic goodness and great character-development.

This week, I especially loved the "Rather than seeing people starve in a clean world, I'd rather choose peace in a dirty one." sentence (it's almost Churchill-esque). A damn good way to characterize capitalism. Well, the whole conversation between Mikuni and Kimimaro was awesome.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 13, 2011 3:52 PM

Sep 2009
Hm, it's interesting so far. I think that joining the guild might've been a reckless move. He's still relatively new to try and plan out a Deal like that since you really can't control things like that until you have experience. Eh. I dunno. xD I look forward to next week's episode though. o u o
May 13, 2011 4:24 PM
Feb 2009
wow..
May 13, 2011 5:24 PM
Apr 2010
This anime seems to be like that of To Aru Majutsu no Index, in which there is a much bigger picture within the plot, than the anime leads to be. This anime has to go beyond 11 episodes if that's the case.

I mean hell, you're talking about the Japanese economy, even the world economy being strongly affected by a supernatural "Financial District". That much in itself is HUGE, as we also how one fight affects the "future" of not just the individual but up to a multitude of people.

I LOVE the complexity behind this (not to mention is deals with money), but for it to have a good plot line, it can't be rushed too much, which happens quite often in 11-13 ep animes. I hope there's more, i.e. 2nd season.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » C Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

376 by mhikari92 »»
Apr 10, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Discussion on a general question

akarsh_kumar - Sep 21, 2023

6 by LostInLove »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » C Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 16, 2011

135 by basskiller »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:55 PM

» As a whole what did you think of this anime?

ZoarialShadow - Jan 19, 2017

19 by Abyhape »»
Jul 12, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » C Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 26, 2011

114 by greed2 »»
May 1, 2023 9:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.