Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 20, 2011 9:44 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Incident on a Train...

Yay for Victorique and Kujou combi!

AND yay for Drama and Character Song CD!.
tsubasaloverMay 20, 2011 10:16 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 20, 2011 9:48 AM

Jan 2009
Victorique's looking more and more like her mother these days. The biggest difference between them now would be that Sawashiro Miyuki > Yuuki Aoi. And well, I guess Cordelia's still prettier anyway.
And I'm tempted to say that the best part of the episode was the first sponsor-screen.
And Kujo sat on Victorique's lap. Oh you.
Suddenly, random fighting on the train. Oh them.

Also, Victorique should start working full-time as a maid.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 20, 2011 11:02 AM

Nov 2008
Victorica should carry a gun at all times. Good fighting on the train and a murder as well, that woman was batshit insane as well as that man.

May 20, 2011 1:18 PM

Apr 2010
Very nice episode and full of surprises you knew everyone in that cabin had something up there sleeve and you knew something was going to happen just the thing that happened was unexpected.
The only one in that cabin that wasn't suspecting something bad to happen was Kujo but he is kind of slow when it comes to those kind of things.

The dark haired girl seemed to have been raised as a spy or agent to achieve the things her boss was trying to achieve and it seemed the big fellow was taking orders from her.
It was sad to see her die tho, not knowing who you really are must be harsh.

I also feel sorry for the blond guy being used in such a way and they even kidnaped his sister to make him do that.
May 20, 2011 1:31 PM
Jun 2010
Man I really hope Gosick sticks around for a shit load of seasons. I typically have a "don't go over 50 episodes or the anime blows" rule but I really feel like I could watch this anime forever. This can be crazy funny one second and extremely thought provoking the next, can't get enough of it. If there is only one season it'll be a sad day in the world.
May 20, 2011 2:49 PM

Jul 2008
Hageshiikaze said:
Man I really hope Gosick sticks around for a shit load of seasons. I typically have a "don't go over 50 episodes or the anime blows" rule but I really feel like I could watch this anime forever. This can be crazy funny one second and extremely thought provoking the next, can't get enough of it. If there is only one season it'll be a sad day in the world.

I am pretty sure this is going to be the only season. According to UTW's website, the anime will end with the same arc as the last light novel, which will be released around the same time the episodes air.

Here it is:

Whoa looks the real plot is starting to unravel now as we are about to head into the last 7 episodes of the series. Roughly from what I can tell, we’re at the end of the 5th novel (GOSICK V) currently. The next episode should be taking place at the start of the 6th novel (GOSICK VI), which leaves us with 2 more novels after this. There’s currently 7 novels in press, and the 8th novel (and final novel in the GOSICK series) will be published along side the final arc of the anime, according to the author (Kazuki).

The progression looks like it’ll be: GOSICK VI -> 18, VII -> 19-22 and VIII -> 23-24. GOSICK VIII release date is 06/25 which coincides with 23 airing and is pretty much exactly how Kazuki described the wrap-up of both anime and novel will go down.
May 20, 2011 3:37 PM

Dec 2009
Eh, the train mystery lacked intrigue to me. It was just four random people all killing each other without much of a reveal or anything.
Ara ara.
May 20, 2011 3:56 PM

Jun 2010
Scary incident inside the train. I thought it was going to be like the game Clue, where they have to find out who killed who. Even though that was Victorique's first time holding a gun, she was pretty good especially if she has Kujo next to her. I just realized it, why is Victorique wearing that maid outfit, knowing her she probably wouldn't wear it if it was up to her, but it was the only clothes available to her. I wonder what was the paper that Victorique took. Does anyone wonder if the blond guy will be back in later episodes?

May 20, 2011 4:11 PM

Jul 2010
13man18 said:
I thought it was going to be like the game Clue, where they have to find out who killed who.
Half of the things on the train reminded me of the Orient Express, the other half reminded me of Baccano. And all just because of a silly train, too.

13man18 said:
I wonder what was the paper that Victorique took. Does anyone wonder if the blond guy will be back in later episodes?
I thought the paper she took was the one of the self-portrait with the writing on the back proving Roget was a Gray Wolf. According to Victorique he's still alive, so yeah, we probably will see him, if only briefly.

I feel so childish for thinking all their titles and their masquerading was ridiculously cool. ^_^;;
May 20, 2011 4:18 PM

Feb 2010
Awesome episode! Death on a traiiiiiin dun dun dun. I too will be saddened when this series is over. It's one of the better shows airing right now.... :(
May 20, 2011 5:52 PM

Nov 2008
I rewatched this episode and I still don't understand why they have to kill for the memento box when they will all die in the end with the bridge bombing.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 20, 2011 6:22 PM

Aug 2008
For the most part, I just don't get why the scarecrow woman had to die. Other than that, awesome episode. The use of dramatic music in this episode was really nice too.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
May 20, 2011 7:25 PM

Nov 2008
What's with girls and guns in anime this season? Still it had a nice twist.
May 20, 2011 8:00 PM

Feb 2011
I felt that this episode gave deep insight into the hidden war between the Ministry and Academy.

I loled when Victorique made the comment "It seems the knight has fallen off his horse."

4/5
May 20, 2011 8:27 PM

Nov 2010
one thing that seems to be a constant in this show "and then BAM, all the new characters die"

unless they have some relation to one of the main characters
May 20, 2011 9:23 PM
Sep 2007
Part when Victorique shoots that detonator (or something like that) with revolver reminded me of part in Metal Gear Solid 3 when you have to shoot bombs planted on the bridge to take down Shagohod.
May 20, 2011 9:28 PM

May 2011
pretty good episode... slowly building up the clues to solve this mystery..
for some reason the most shocking thing to me in this episode was when victorique starting shooting the gun...had me thinking "who taught her that?"
May 20, 2011 10:26 PM

Feb 2011
I'm sure that momento box is irrelevant to the bangs-girl bday, anyways victorique and kujo looks good in their maid outfit.
May 20, 2011 10:54 PM

Aug 2008
GarLogan78 said:
I am pretty sure this is going to be the only season. According to UTW's website, the anime will end with the same arc as the last light novel, which will be released around the same time the episodes air.

Here it is:

Whoa looks the real plot is starting to unravel now as we are about to head into the last 7 episodes of the series. Roughly from what I can tell, we’re at the end of the 5th novel (GOSICK V) currently. The next episode should be taking place at the start of the 6th novel (GOSICK VI), which leaves us with 2 more novels after this. There’s currently 7 novels in press, and the 8th novel (and final novel in the GOSICK series) will be published along side the final arc of the anime, according to the author (Kazuki).

The progression looks like it’ll be: GOSICK VI -> 18, VII -> 19-22 and VIII -> 23-24. GOSICK VIII release date is 06/25 which coincides with 23 airing and is pretty much exactly how Kazuki described the wrap-up of both anime and novel will go down.

Oh, thanks. That sound very nice. It means we will have a novel ending in the anime, not some crap original ending.
May 20, 2011 11:35 PM

Feb 2010
Impulse66 said:
pretty good episode... slowly building up the clues to solve this mystery..
for some reason the most shocking thing to me in this episode was when victorique starting shooting the gun...had me thinking "who taught her that?"

she said she had the theory , she's been read a lot of stuff i guess.
May 21, 2011 6:13 AM

May 2010
nice episode with some action and funny song from Victorique at the end XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2011 8:44 AM

Feb 2008
damn, everyone's got weapons... killing spree inside a train... awesome...

also, that "orphan" girl is cute... VERY cute... hey wait, she's dead? SHE'S DEAD?! oh no...

other than that, great episode... Gosick is now becoming even more interesting... hoping for an epic ending for this awesome series...
May 21, 2011 11:37 AM

Sep 2008
Did that guy just stab the scarecrow in the boob?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2011 2:59 PM

Sep 2009
I am sick and tired of hearing 'servant' from Vic and Aria. Kinji deserves it but Kujo doesn't.
Random train fight and James Bond~ meh.
May 21, 2011 7:14 PM

Aug 2010
Well, she can do everything, even shoot a gun.
May 21, 2011 7:34 PM

Oct 2010
Why would it be so bad for people knowing that the head of Academy is a Gray Wolf? = \
huh?
May 21, 2011 9:59 PM

Jun 2009
I don't think I understand the importance gray wolves and the occult people

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
May 21, 2011 10:25 PM

Nov 2008
choyos said:
Why would it be so bad for people knowing that the head of Academy is a Gray Wolf? =

Well around this time there were still a lot of people that didn't believe in science and technology. The occult and other similar stuff was still embroiled in the fabric of society and some though that science was just an "expansion" of the occult.

So I guess that by reveling that the head of the Academy of Science was/is from the Village of Grey Wolfs, where magic/occult still survives, they can cast doubt on the discoveries of the Academy and science itself as an entire separate entity from the occult and the like. The Occult would still wild power over public affairs etc and would not allow society to advance.

Remember, without science we would still be in the dark ages.
May 22, 2011 3:06 AM

Sep 2010
Nice episode I'd say.
May 22, 2011 5:11 AM

Sep 2008
That was a fun episode. Would have been nice if we'd seen more of Victorique's deductions and reasoning. She just kind of knew things in this episode, but didn't tell us much. I wanna watch her reconstruct the chaos.

I just realized that this is one of the few series that I just legitimately am gonna miss when it's over. I don't know when I'll get another one of these.

choyos said:
Why would it be so bad for people knowing that the head of Academy is a Gray Wolf? =

Have you noticed exactly how even the mere rumors of being a grey wolf get Victorique treated? Remember when she attended class for a whole five minutes? I don't think anyone is earning popularity by being a grey wolf. Quite likely it would be enough to dismantle him and everything he's created.

Linalee-Stratos said:
I am sick and tired of hearing 'servant' from Vic and Aria. Kinji deserves it but Kujo doesn't.
Random train fight and James Bond~ meh.

You've... seen their interactions right? It's an accurate statement. They may be friends, but he's also her errand boy. Kujo's even cool with it. He doesn't object to being called her servant, just to being called an idiot.

DenjaX said:
I rewatched this episode and I still don't understand why they have to kill for the memento box when they will all die in the end with the bridge bombing.

The bridge bombing was only going to occur if they didn't report having attained the box at the designated time. They didn't get to report because they all killed eachother.
May 22, 2011 6:30 AM

Aug 2008
Interesting episode. At last, I finally get an inkling of what's going on with the gray wolves, Brian Roscoe and Victorique's mother, the Marquis etc.
May 22, 2011 9:17 AM

Jul 2010
Still don't know why that girl was protecting that momento box. Didn't seem to have anything to do with her at all. Nice episode though. I like the action towards the end. She never fired a gun, but with theory alone she could hit the device with the last bullet! :O

May 22, 2011 11:24 AM

Apr 2010
good episode! though i must say it was a pity for the black haired girl to die.. :(
not knowing her birthday and her own identity must have been hard for her. Having her call her mum at the end was just too sad! but they didnt really say if she died or not so i can just hope she miraculously survived the posiong! :P

Victorica is a nice girl and all but is it really wise to let a man who committed a crime to walk away? i know what he did was to save his sister but still....
May 22, 2011 11:40 AM

Nov 2008
Good episode, the story is advancing and deepening, Liked the fight in the train.
May 22, 2011 12:05 PM

Sep 2008
Wildsleven said:

Victorica is a nice girl and all but is it really wise to let a man who committed a crime to walk away? i know what he did was to save his sister but still....

What's he gonna do? Set the ministry of the occult after her? Oh wait...
May 22, 2011 7:43 PM

Aug 2008
This was a pretty good episode. We got a lot of down and dirty spy games trickery and violence. I loved what Victorique said when "the Knight" met his end. Shot in the gut, he was probably dying a painful death anyway. Now that much of this mess is cleared up we can finally get back to the Academy. I'm starting to miss some of the supporting characters.

May 22, 2011 8:43 PM

Sep 2010
The black haired girl reminds me of a girl from Katawa...
That gun scene was epic. Being a gray wolf sure has it's perks.
Ah~ I wonder if that memo-box guy will have a big(ger) role.

Oh yeah, did that Black haired girl die? I sorta liked her.
Victorique's song<3 xDD
May 22, 2011 11:41 PM

Nov 2010
One by one they die, stabbed to the chest, smashed into a wall and poisoned some battle on the train. But all that for a small little box, hopefully it was worth the bloodshed to get some clues.
May 23, 2011 2:29 AM

Feb 2010
shoo, and I thought Vic was measuring the distance with the pistol.
May 23, 2011 6:48 AM

Jun 2009
Too bad that black haired girl had to die. I liked her. :/
May 23, 2011 6:58 AM

Jun 2009
this episode felt rush... they could've drag this out into 2 episodes and get some explaining done...
May 23, 2011 7:17 PM

Apr 2009
Victorique + Gun = WIN, Great episode
May 23, 2011 10:35 PM
Oct 2010
I love this anime, but since I am not seeing enough hatred for this arc, let me try to restore the balance by pointing out obvious flaws that we acknowledge and don't care about, but to others mean the end of the world:

1) I want to live in those days of yore when there was no recoil; my wrist hurts. I guess Victorique's ease of handling the uncomfortable early 20th century revolver is consistent with her monstrous strength displayed when pulling Kujo up from that bridge; however, both events are inconsistent with the explicitly stated frailness characteristic of the Seyrun race.

2) The (adequately translated) "Empiricism and the like are all foolish barbarian claptrap" can be offensive for a certain class of people: those who have been babies, for example, and grew up by experiencing the world. The notion that theoretical knowledge is all that one needs is not even worth dismissing (:) ). However, the series has been operating under this assumption since the beginning, so anyone who complains should understand that the only novelty here is that the assumption was put to words.

3) If I order my brainwashed minions to locate my one weakness which happens to be mainly a piece of paper, I will also order them to burn it on sight the first millisecond they get their hands on it. I do not even need to put this in my top 100 list as an evil overlord. Or perhaps there is some hidden reason not to destroy it, a deeper mystery behind it? If so, why didn't Victorique immediately suspect something and was instead satisfied with her solution given such a glaring inconsistency? We've seen her see through much deeper controversies.

4) Victorique was quite mean, by the way. As soon as the Occultists open the box and 'suprise! aww, zu cutie little doodlie by zu cutie little Jupie izu not here anymore', the young nobleman and his sister will be disposed of faster than two proud Grey Wolves with a bad case of diarrhea racing to the forest's only restroom.

5) The ministry of the occult was after the box and its contents, so everyone gathered round the table for a pretenses party until it became clear who had the box; then the pretenses fell and action ensued. Only, the anime did not show what I just described; for all we witnessed, the Occultists knew from the beginning who had the box. Or not. Or whatever, that sequence was as coherent as a rubidium atom that had one drink too many at the Quantum Cafe. Before trying to implode an entire novel into a black hole episode, learn to acknowledge at least the theoretical limits of information compression.

Oh well; Victorique had her sweet and imposing presence, Kujo was brave and confident, mom was a cool beauty and Brian had flowing red hair and stood there looking bishie under a gray sky. I am still loving this anime :)
May 24, 2011 8:02 AM
Apr 2010
Victorique in a maid outfit..... and firing a .45..... hmmmmm... That's all I can remember from this episode. :P
Flipside101May 24, 2011 8:11 AM
May 25, 2011 10:21 AM

Nov 2009
I like how easily she got away with hoisting something from the box. Were they all not watching her?

That shooting was pretty intense, and the knight was pretty fun to watch.
May 25, 2011 8:14 PM

Jul 2009
Meh, OK episode. Train scenes were interesting (especially the new characters and who they were working for) but some things made no sense (again!). I mean, how could that guy CLIMB A FREAKING TRAIN WHEN HE WAS SHOT LIKE THAT?! How do you get up there on the train? I mean I've never tried it (obviously) but doesn't look like you should be able to CARRY SOMEONE ON YOUR BACK as you walk across it. Then how did they get to the front? Why didn't the thing explode BEFORE THE TRAIN GOT THERE SO THEY PLUMMETED DOWN INTO NOTHINGNESS?! If she's never shot a gun before HOW IS SHE SO GOOD AT IT? I mean I haven't either, but I'm pretty sure a newbie wouldn't be able to shoot like that ONE HANDED ...
NO IDEA HOW SHE FIGURES THIS STUFF OUT. Like the poison or who that guy's identity is? Random guessing much? Also the RECONSTRUCTION ... I mean ugh, umbilical cord, REALLY? O_O WAS NO ONE WATCHING HER WHEN SHE STOLE SOMETHING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
K well maybe everything's going over my head. Maybe I should be paying more attention, although that would be easier if the show was more interesting. Not quite sure what to expect next episode though ... :S
May 25, 2011 10:53 PM

Feb 2010
EvianBubble said:
Meh, OK episode. Train scenes were interesting (especially the new characters and who they were working for) but some things made no sense (again!). I mean, how could that guy CLIMB A FREAKING TRAIN WHEN HE WAS SHOT LIKE THAT?! How do you get up there on the train? I mean I've never tried it (obviously) but doesn't look like you should be able to CARRY SOMEONE ON YOUR BACK as you walk across it. Then how did they get to the front? Why didn't the thing explode BEFORE THE TRAIN GOT THERE SO THEY PLUMMETED DOWN INTO NOTHINGNESS?! If she's never shot a gun before HOW IS SHE SO GOOD AT IT? I mean I haven't either, but I'm pretty sure a newbie wouldn't be able to shoot like that ONE HANDED ...
NO IDEA HOW SHE FIGURES THIS STUFF OUT. Like the poison or who that guy's identity is? Random guessing much? Also the RECONSTRUCTION ... I mean ugh, umbilical cord, REALLY? O_O WAS NO ONE WATCHING HER WHEN SHE STOLE SOMETHING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
K well maybe everything's going over my head. Maybe I should be paying more attention, although that would be easier if the show was more interesting. Not quite sure what to expect next episode though ... :S

did u watch the episode?

she said she knew the theory.

victorique is a genius , and spent most time of her life reading books.

she's only an idiot when it comes to human relationships.
May 26, 2011 2:06 PM

Sep 2010
Oh god, this show is so great. I also find it sad that that girl died, I always find it said when girls die but not when males do.
And what the heck is with that weird cowboy music in the preview? Is next episode going to be a comedyshow or something?
May 27, 2011 4:17 PM

May 2010
This was awesome, I loved it.
My favourite episode of the series so far.
May 28, 2011 8:28 PM

Dec 2010
So there was no significance of the black haired girl right?.. hha
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

518 by BlueishDesert »»
Apr 18, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.