Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 3, 2011 10:21 AM

Jan 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The beggining of the episode was full of lulz.
But then...
Oh my...
I didn't expect that to happen.
Also, NICE CLIFFHANGER
Wafu~ !
Mar 3, 2011 11:22 AM

Mar 2010
Ok when phryne was Hit in the face...I admit I was Really pissed seriously dont go hitten girls in the face >.<

Nessa powering up was cool

megans hooters were pretty hot when she first appeared

Yep I agree the ending was a Huge Shocker

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 3, 2011 12:04 PM
Apr 2009
Great way to end an episode. I wasn't at all expecting it as this anime is a bit on the childish side. I simply loved it.

Now if someone makes a dead sister clip, il be even more entertained.
Mar 3, 2011 2:17 PM
Mar 2009
at first i was like ^0^
but then i was like 0_0

this is easily the best anime of the season. i hope it continues to have strong writing and continues to be this interesting all the way until the end.
Mar 3, 2011 3:54 PM

Nov 2008
Wow. That was a really good episode. At first, I was a bit mad since, I'm really tired of all the "Clain is a perv" jokes, but then that scene change happened, and I was like WHAT. WHAT IS GOING ON. WHEN DID WE. WHAT.

Also, we learn a lot more about doppels this episode. They seem to be like sentient online avatars. And that line towards the end, "some of us can only exist inside Fractale," was very interesting.

Mar 3, 2011 6:44 PM

Feb 2010
WOW. Awesome episode is awesome.

Mind-blowing episode. It was interesting to see Xanadu and its "residents."

Until this episode... we only saw small villages and hamlets; this was something else.

Xanadu looked trippy-awesome; like a city out of Gankutsuou!

lostinabook said:

Also, we learn a lot more about doppels this episode. They seem to be like sentient online avatars. And that line towards the end, "some of us can only exist inside Fractale," was very interesting.

... very interesting. The people here are completely dependent on Fractale.

I await the next episode... what a cliffhanger!
Mar 3, 2011 8:05 PM

Dec 2010
-Like I said of the last episode the pervert jokes getting old. When Clain couldn't say what Nessa was to him I was just like WTF. Clain is almost like a typical male harem lead now. That blond girl asking Phryne about their relationship, I didn't expect her to have that kind of interest in him.

-Too many anime characters need to learn to say what they want to say and do what they want to do. Too much hesitation and confusion...

-Now the Clain has Phryne, Nessa, and that blond girl. This episode almost make me want to categorize it as a harem/ecchi show since the ecchi-ness has been in pretty much every episode.

-The sudden change in Nessa was surprising and pretty cool.
Mar 3, 2011 8:20 PM

Feb 2009
Well that was a pretty surprising end to the episode.
The build up to it seemed a little slow to me though.

I was equally surprised to find out who was voicing Megan. :P
Mar 3, 2011 8:40 PM

Oct 2009
What the hell?

At first I was like: :O

But then I was like :O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2011 8:45 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, that`s a cilffhanger.

Now that I think about it, I didn`t post in the fractale discussion topics. xD
Mar 3, 2011 8:53 PM

Jul 2010
MusashiRose said:
Xanadu looked trippy-awesome; like a city out of Gankutsuou!
I thought Xanadu looked pretty awesome, too. You've just given me another reason to watch Gankutsuou.

Clain is a pervert jokes are still annoying, although in a way they were appropriate this episode. :P

Nessa going super saiyan was freaking awesome. Her huggling Clain in their aerial machine was cute. I can't believe they shot Clain! This is as bad as the cliffhanger with LM slaughtering everyone. Wow.

Creepy artist guy going after Phryne... I don't know about anyone else, but Enri just gained so many awesome-points from me.

Anyone know the voice actor for Collin, the guy on life-support? (Dias all over again...) Sounds like Kamiya, Hiroshi with his Orihara Izaya voice to me, but I don't know for sure.
Mar 3, 2011 9:34 PM

Jan 2010
Why is this show called Fractale?

Or perhaps, why is the Fractale System called that?

As it begins to break down, it makes me wonder. Is it because the system is broken? Is it because it is coming to an end and can iterate no more?
Mar 3, 2011 9:58 PM
May 2010
Mockman said:

As it begins to break down, it makes me wonder. Is it because the system is broken? Is it because it is coming to an end and can iterate no more?

Well, it'd probably be a good idea to do some reading on 'fractals', from which this series get it's influence. From what I can remember, fractal science is somehow being linked to communication systems (in real life), and I assume the author thinks that this would happen if it all works out.
Mar 3, 2011 10:12 PM
Jan 2008
I'm not sure what to make of Fractale. Does it want to be an ecchi harem comedy or a serious show about the implications of a surrogate society? It's not very good at either yet. At least it's refreshing?
Mar 3, 2011 10:32 PM

Jul 2009
It's like they knew how much Clain annoyed me.
It's like they did this for me! (;∇;)
Mar 3, 2011 11:05 PM

Sep 2007
They totally spent this episode's budget on Meegan's tits, didn't they?
Mar 3, 2011 11:27 PM

Nov 2010
The animation this episode was awesome! The city was bloody gorgeous, and Nessa going off like a nuke was pretty amazing too. Why'd Clain have to get shot >.< I liked him Q_Q. also, Wtf is up with the rapist millionaire...That flashback thingy Phryne had was interesting, i'm gonna guess that guy that calls her a tomboy is more of an ass that I'd originally thought. AND what was with the city girl's giant ass breasts being swung around like a bat at a baseball game?!
Mar 3, 2011 11:27 PM
Mar 2011
Mockman said:

Fractals are self repeating patterns that occur infinitely. They can be forced patterns (images), geometric, formula based, chaotic, random, etc... all literally have no end to how long they repeat. You could keep generating a fractal pattern forever as it never ends.

The Concepts are interesting in the show.
1) System is probably self repeating given the name of the show. Or maybe the people who made the system are long dead and no one bothered reading the technical manual/textbooks. (They lack the technical skills to actually do anything other than use it or live in tiny villages.) More strangely is that there are not many real people left it seems as the population densities are low and real life cities are non-existent as of yet. Digital world is masking the real world decay.

2) Nessa is probably the "key" that can start another iteration (Old data, pre-dates system, high degree of control of network, etc...) I am going to guess that she was designed as an original component of the system and is how the network learns about how to change in the next cycle.

3) Phryne in previous episodes probably wanted to end it all by throwing Nessa's physical storage device out. She seems conflicted and didnt want to get attached to Nessa because if she wants the Fractale cycle to end forever it definitely means the end for all the digital entities.

4) Show seems to like alternating between the dark/light side of things. People on all sides seem to have varying to extreme levels of bad ethics.

5) Guy on life support. He says he can only be free with it because it obviously allows people to be virtually represented so the disabled or terminally ill could still be "free".

6) Seems like all the people in the show that act irrationally are also "evil".

Obviously the point the show is making is that even though you have a "perfect" system the simple fact is that people are not perfect and there are also people who just want to mess things up in either way.

Anyways just some random thoughts.
Mar 4, 2011 12:40 AM

Oct 2006
This show is so fucking random.
Mar 4, 2011 12:42 AM

Feb 2010
best ep so far the first 15 min was full of lulz then the sudden change and nessa goes instant SS^^
Mar 4, 2011 1:14 AM

Sep 2009
Quite a nice episode. I'm impressed and surprised. Nice to know Phryne at least thinks of Clain as her friend.
Mar 4, 2011 1:18 AM

Apr 2010
Was that Nessa going super saiyan at the end

Mar 4, 2011 1:45 AM

Jan 2009
And suddenly, jelly, all over the city.
Too much Nessa in this episode, and how dare the old fool touch my Phryne ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ

Also, feels like shit has hit the fan.
Oh and, the guy who shot Clain, didn't he just pick that gun out of nowhere? That'd mean it's digital, but then how the fudge could he shoot Clain with it? It's not like he made Clain's terminal explode with some virus or something, right? >_>
OosranMar 7, 2011 1:29 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 4, 2011 1:46 AM

Jan 2009
this episode is full of win!!!
Mar 4, 2011 2:09 AM

Aug 2009
Wow Nessa owned an entire city! Meegan is a hot doppel. Best episode so far.
Mar 4, 2011 2:56 AM

Sep 2010
Fractale is becoming just so good... At the begining there was the art, and an interesting story... now we have, excellent art, interesting story, and an awesome and amazing story!

Need more :D
Mar 4, 2011 2:56 AM

Sep 2010
Fractale is becoming just so good... At the begining there was the art, and an interesting story... now we have, excellent art, interesting story, and an awesome and amazing story!

Need more :D
Mar 4, 2011 3:18 AM
Dec 2010
mmm... an episode which actually got somewhere!
Mar 4, 2011 3:50 AM
Mar 2011
I felt like this episode was way to rushed and didn't really connect in with the previous episode. They also keep adding new characters that seem to have importance, yet don't appear for a while or at all. I don't know... I feel like some parts could have been slowed down to give more impact. Some anticipation, you know? This could have been a really epic episode with extreme emotions. They had all the right ingredients to make it happen, but probably because of their contract/budget/time constraints, they had to squish all this new information together.

Also, wtf man. Wtf was up with that ending? lol I hope they do something about that at the start of the next episode.
Mar 4, 2011 5:14 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome episode, imo. Now they have villains from all sides with the religious like group that runs fractale and the person who holds onto fractale since his/her? really body is too weak to live life normally.
Mar 4, 2011 6:00 AM

Jan 2010
oh , the little cottage were they had tea with an old guy is actually part of our cultural thing , we call it "Ger" , a small house like thing that is easy to carry to another place. I love this show , they showed our way of living =D

but in the end it was only fake !
Eternal_ShieldMar 4, 2011 6:11 AM
Mar 4, 2011 6:41 AM

Jul 2008
Well that's something, the one that shot Clain is Mr. House!
Mar 4, 2011 7:14 AM

Aug 2010
Crossdressing Clain o_o

Mar 4, 2011 7:34 AM

Jun 2010
Awesome episode with some good fanservices for the Clain fangirl that I am :3
Can't wait for the next episode ;_; Hold on Clain!
Mar 4, 2011 7:50 AM

Nov 2008
One has to ask how Clain was shot:

- the Bad Guy said that the armor was a "self-contained program", which implies that it is a doppel and not a robot.

- If it was a doppel it couldn't carry a real gun

- If it was a doppel gun it couldn't hurt Clain

- note that the gun looked like an antique smooth bore pistol, not the machine guns that the terrorists are using, which makes it even less likely that it is real.

- if the armor is a robot, how did that just get pulled out of someone's ass? We haven't seen physical robots here before.

I wish two things for this series:

1 - Get rid of the idiotic non-funny "funny" parts

2 - Get some self-consistancy about the technology.
Mar 4, 2011 8:00 AM

Nov 2008
I really did feel bad for Nessa and Clain! Also when that guy asked Clain what he was to Nessa....I was screaming...Love Interest! Love Interest! But of course...that is wishful thinking on my part. I just wish he would make clear what she means to him.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Mar 4, 2011 8:08 AM

Jan 2010
atakku said:
I felt like this episode was way to rushed and didn't really connect in with the previous episode. They also keep adding new characters that seem to have importance, yet don't appear for a while or at all. I don't know... I feel like some parts could have been slowed down to give more impact. Some anticipation, you know? This could have been a really epic episode with extreme emotions. They had all the right ingredients to make it happen, but probably because of their contract/budget/time constraints, they had to squish all this new information together.

It does feel like the new characters appeared rather suddenly. I think that's because with the airship, it doesn't really feel like they've gone anywhere. But they're somewhere different. There's a new city. So I guess there should be new characters to interact with. But it came out of nowhere.

An another note, Enri's clocking of the fiend with the vase was fun, "That's way beyond being a pervert!"
Mar 4, 2011 8:26 AM

Jun 2009
Fractale sure knows how to be bipolar. One moment the atmosphere is all happy-go-lucky, with the usual bad jokes and all… Then everything goes “WTF” trying to get us into a serious change, quite as if it were a seinen all too suddenly. Quality is as inconsistent as ever, saving money making everything look deformed to the point it’s unrecognizable to later spend the whole budged in the action moments.

That blond guy, Collin, is voiced by Kamiyan, isn’t he? Sounds exactly like Izaya… And Aki Toyosaki voicing Meegan…

Super saiyan Nessa was totally unexpected; it reminded me of Saber Mariotte… And Clain with that armor and clapping his hands reminded me of FMA, apart from Kinshomokuroku II…

That’s a fascinating interpretation and breakdown on the logic of Fractale you got there. For being just random thoughts, they hold more truth than anything the show has given us the change to know.

Darned cliffhangers.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Mar 4, 2011 8:52 AM

Jul 2010
Should i say again. Shit just got real.
Nessa is something like nuke for fractale. Phryne kawwai tomboy, save the guy. please
Mar 4, 2011 9:54 AM

Dec 2009
There are a lot of animes with hidden powers, but normally it just gets boring, or the same over and over. Nessa seemed like nothing until now. I think she also managed to cure herself.

About the fractale system. What do you guys think about it? Personally I dislike the thought that it's way overused, but there are still some good uses for it. Obviously, this is not possible in the real world, but technology will advance and there will probably be some computer stuff in humans in a few hundreds years. Hopefully, it won't be overpowered or overused.
Mar 4, 2011 11:36 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Quite interesting anime and unique.. but kinda sad.. Fractale system.. pretty much all automated or done for you... Yeah this future would suck -.- I hope fractale will crumble xD
Mar 4, 2011 11:39 AM

Jun 2009
Quite good episode. Now, I kind of understand why Nessa is called "key to the world". Also, I liked Enri in this episode.
Mar 4, 2011 11:40 AM

Oct 2010
Amazing episode.
what up with Phryne? When she was a bout to get rape/molested/assaulted (call it w/e u want) she had a weird flash back and kinda just gave in. Is this why she believes she doesn't deseve to be love?
dbaranyi said:
One has to ask how Clain was shot:

- the Bad Guy said that the armor was a "self-contained program", which implies that it is a doppel and not a robot.

- If it was a doppel it couldn't carry a real gun

- If it was a doppel gun it couldn't hurt Clain

- note that the gun looked like an antique smooth bore pistol, not the machine guns that the terrorists are using, which makes it even less likely that it is real.

- if the armor is a robot, how did that just get pulled out of someone's ass? We haven't seen physical robots here before.

He states that the thing is a driod (aparently previous droids needed the fractal system to mobilize) and the gun comes from some random slot on his arm.
Also remember that previously Clain almost got chopped by one of them on the hallway. They weren't doppels at any point in time.
huh?
Mar 4, 2011 11:47 AM

Jun 2009
Holy Nessa. It's not like Clain can die, this isn't such a show. I just wonder how he'll get saved.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 4, 2011 12:04 PM

Aug 2008
Ewww that old man is a frickin disgusting pervert. I knew something was off about him.
Mar 4, 2011 12:34 PM

Apr 2010
That city looked awesome it reminds me of something you see in Star Wars the design of it was great and impressive.
A old man with a doppel that looked like a hot woman now that's something you don't want to run into on a friday night.
At first she/he didn't seem like the type that would trick people but slowly i started to suspect her especially when the blond guy made his appearance as well.
He was clearly after Nessa's data or at least interested in what she could do and how much money both her and Clain would bring in.

It was surprising to see that Clain was able to figure out how to escape and when he has became pretty resourceful in a very short time.
Nessa's powers came as a surprise and it became clear why the Temple was after her and why she had such a position.
It was interesting to see Clain catching a computer virus because of his terminal, it's not something you expect a Human to get.

Clain getting shot in the end really came as a surprise.
And to make matters worse that annoying bishop arrived at the last moment making it a major cliffhanger.
Mar 4, 2011 12:38 PM

Dec 2008
Holy shit!! Clain!!!
Nessa was awesome in this ep!!
Mar 4, 2011 1:11 PM

Nov 2007
Well they're in quite a difficult conundrum.
Mar 4, 2011 1:45 PM

Mar 2010
Oh my... the suspense is killing me already of things to come D:
Mar 4, 2011 1:57 PM

Aug 2010
Okay, first things first...
Clain was ewww in this episode...until he was shot, anyway xD (yeah, I don't like gender bending...)
The episode otherwise was very interesting...might as well say this was finally an episode where some developing took place. We finally learn about Nessa's role in the whole thing...it seems she can control Fractale just as she wants so she is more powerful that I thought at least...still, things are very confussing regarding her...
Clain being shot...I don't know how to respond to this, but I think it was ok actually xD
Don't think he'll die anyway...Phryne...hmm, will keep any comments to my self...will wait for the next episodes...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fractale Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 20, 2011

137 by ka7eMARU »»
Feb 6, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Mar 31, 2011

204 by luminality »»
Nov 23, 2022 3:04 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DL21 - Feb 24, 2011

94 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 5:16 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Angy- - Feb 17, 2011

78 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 7:53 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

confusedmuse - Mar 17, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.