Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 22, 2012 8:50 PM

Jan 2011
Tears were shed, twice.

Not to kickstart a redebate over Jellal's culpability, but when you consider he was probably an eight or nine year old and on the brink of death by torture when brainwashed by Ultear, it's hard to build up a great deal of hate for him. All I know is that Erza was heart-broken, even if she ended up following her duty. I know that we're unlikely to see any resolution of relationships for major characters until close to the end (it is shounen after all), but I hope one of the pairings ends up with these two together.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 11, 2012 4:23 AM

Feb 2010
And there goes fairy tail monopolizing all the dragon slayers rofl, anyways nice episode. Just noticed that the OP and ED are really good

Nov 12, 2012 3:26 PM

Mar 2012
Perfect episode ;w;
Filled with so much emotion in just 20ish min AHHH I LOVED IT!
May 26, 2013 9:57 PM

Sep 2011
Omg... this episode was amazing! What an unexpected turn of events! I feel bad for both Erza and Wendy. :(

(oh and the compilation video at the end was really awesome too)
Jul 16, 2013 10:10 AM

May 2012
This episode being more the ease out of the whole arc I do have to say it's rather a sad ending... Jellal being taken and most likely executed and the guild from Wendy was all a lie in the end... quite sad in general but still a good ending to close this arc off!
Jul 20, 2013 4:31 AM

Jul 2013
It was a shocking episode!!!
Impressive truth behind Cait Shelter was revealed.
How could not other guilds notice it before??
Jul 20, 2013 1:45 PM

Jul 2013
lovinlife2102 said:
JustALEX said:Can I just ask a simple question to every FT fan out there...
Why is everyone sad about Erza???
She acted as if Jellal had been KILLED on the spot, they ARRESTED a CRIMINAL for his actions.
You know, KILLING people, trying to destroy the world, etc.
and the group acts as if this man is a saint, as if he hasn't done anything wrong....are you kidding me???
I get it the fact that Erza is in love with him, but the way she acted doesn't make sense...not that long ago, we all thought he was DEAD.
But because he has AMNESIA, everyone decides to forgive him???
I'm sure that will bring back the people he KILLED...*rolls eyes*
I hate to say this BUT...<div class="spoiler"><span class="spoiler_content">This is beginning to look like Naruto and Sasuke's relationship, where even though Sasuke has done HORRIBLE things, including killing people, he wants to forgive him only because of his "emotional" attachments to him.</span></div>
This is a plot device that a mangaka does in order to make a villain look like a good guy, even after he's done HORRIBLE things, the whole amnesia thing is complete Bullshit, and I can't believe how people fall for it.
I don't mean we should hate Jellal, on the contrary I think he has a great potential to be a good VILLAIN....but NOT another idiotic protagonist.</div>
If you don't like the anime, please don't post negative rants on here. If you hate it so much, just quit watching it. Plain and simple. Most people enjoy the character of Jellal. Who cares if they forgave him? I actually think it's wonderful that they did. It is trying to teach a lesson that people should be forgiven. And remember, he never was truly bad. He was a good kid and then became posessed by that lady.

People should be able to express their thoughts about things they don't like about the show as well. And imo he is completely correct in that Jellal was handled pretty bad and the JellalxErza was done even worse. Erza has 0 reason to be suddenly in love with him from what they showed previously of their relationship together. At most they showed that jellal had some Psycho thing for her when he was in Crazy mode.

It is somewhat a standard play for a shonen (bad guy repent = instant forgiveness) type deal but his was rather abrupt and they just tacked on a romance on top of it. Should have established any romantic feelings in the flashbacks or in the confrontation at the tower but there was little to indicate that. If Hiro wanted JellalxErza should have slow played it developing later over several interactions instead of "lol no memory? I so love you now"
Oct 31, 2013 8:04 PM
Jun 2013
Wow, so far this is just without question the best Fairy Tail arc so far :3. This arc was just amazing, filled with emotions, actions and plot twists. I feel really sorry for Jellal, Hoteye, Erza and Wendy.
Feb 2, 2014 11:53 AM

Jan 2013
They all now like Jellal...
Erza crying :/ Very sad,she loves him.
This Lucy's outfits <3
Caitshelter feels :/ they didn't existed they were just illusions to protect Wendy...they were so kind.Thats how Wendy will join Fairy Tail.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 30, 2014 11:45 AM

Aug 2013
I guess that's why no one has ever heard of Wendy's guild before, was all created for her.
My Candies:
Apr 8, 2014 10:19 PM

Dec 2012
That was terrible. I feel sorry Wendy, all this years living with fake people. :(
Now she'll join Fairy Tail. Good, she'll be very useful as a Dragon Slayer.
May 22, 2014 1:40 AM

Jul 2008
Jellal is in prison, Erza is heartbroken, and Wendy is a guild of one. Very sad episode overall.
Jun 26, 2014 12:06 AM
Jun 2014
Is it just me or am I the only one surprised that Wendy won't need some therapy after what she just went through? First Francine disappears on her. Then then family that raised her turns out to be fake. That would mess most people up.

I'm often very critical of Fairy Tail, but this was definitely one of the better emotional moments of the series.

Aurao said:
Why don't just beat that stupid council? >.>

Because the Magic Council has the power to disband Fairy Tail. It isn't worth picking a fight with them.
Sep 1, 2014 3:17 PM

Mar 2010
Well There's a plot twist that I didn't expect, so good job Fairy tail.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 19, 2015 8:07 PM

Nov 2014
Poor Erza, that part of her crying all by herself made me so sad. :(

I couldn't believe Natsu started attacking and then basically everyone else too (aside from Erza)...but poor Jellal, hopefully he'll appear again soon.

I couldn't stop laughing when Erza told Natsu to sit down and he did it so fast after being all riled up and attacking the council people. xD

The second half of the episode was also pretty sad, I felt bad for Wendy but I can't believe that old guy did that all for Wendy...

The arc was definitely a great one, not my favorite, but I'm so excited for another new arc and for Juvia to be back around again! :3
Apr 11, 2015 10:52 PM

Oct 2013
rodac said:
Tears were shed, twice.

Not to kickstart a redebate over Jellal's culpability, but when you consider he was probably an eight or nine year old and on the brink of death by torture when brainwashed by Ultear, it's hard to build up a great deal of hate for him. All I know is that Erza was heart-broken, even if she ended up following her duty. I know that we're unlikely to see any resolution of relationships for major characters until close to the end (it is shounen after all), but I hope one of the pairings ends up with these two together.

I second all of this, though I only shed tears once. I couldn't hold it in anymore when Wendy was crying. That was just... heartbreaking. Can you imagine the pain of having everyone you loved stripped from you like that? Not just her entire guild, but Jellal as well, and even that sky dragon left her. That's just too sad... I already love this girl.

It's weird because while I want to dislike the fact Fairy Tail NEVER KILLS OFF ANY CHARACTERS EVER (even villains), it finds other ways to make up for that drama such as this.

And on the note of Jellal, we know we'll see him again... but even if we don't, I think this was a perfect resolution for his character. Honestly, it is such a good resolution I almost don't want him to come back again because it'll ruin it.

All in all, it was a good arc, but definitely not among the best. It was too predictable and repetitive for me to compliment it too much, but it definitely had its moments. Kind of lame the group was so worried about protecting Cait Shelter when everybody was just an illusion. The scenes with Cait Shelter being grouped together acting afraid was even more weird considering that. Still, Nirvana was a colossal threat regardless, so I can't fault it too much.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 3, 2015 11:40 PM

Dec 2013
damn, the caitshelter was just...heartbreaking. I didn't see that one coming, and when a hand held Wendy's shoulder and it showed that it was erza, I gave up on holding back and cried like a baby. This episode was beautiful. Beautiful indeed.

I loved this arc. Oracion Seis. I shall remember that <3
Aug 18, 2015 8:47 PM

May 2014
So did Wendy love Jellal too? I'm confused. cuz in the manga she said she loved him.
Sep 14, 2015 8:34 AM

Jul 2014
[quote=Aerensianic]
lovinlife2102 said:
JustALEX said:Can I just ask a simple question to every FT fan out there...
She acted as if Jellal had been KILLED on the spot, they ARRESTED a CRIMINAL for his actions.
and the group acts as if this man is a saint, as if he hasn't done anything wrong....are you kidding me???
I get it the fact that Erza is in love with him, but the way she acted doesn't make sense...not that long ago, we all thought he was DEAD.
I hate to say this BUT...This is beginning to look like Naruto and Sasuke's relationship, where even though Sasuke has done HORRIBLE things, including killing people, he wants to forgive him only because of his "emotional" attachments to him.
This is a plot device that a mangaka does in order to make a villain look like a good guy, even after he's done HORRIBLE things, the whole amnesia thing is complete Bullshit, and I can't believe how people fall for it.
I don't mean we should hate Jellal, on the contrary I think he has a great potential to be a good VILLAIN....but NOT another idiotic protagonist.
If you don't like the anime, please don't post negative rants on here. If you hate it so much, just quit watching it. Plain and simple. Most people enjoy the character of Jellal. Who cares if they forgave him? I actually think it's wonderful that they did. It is trying to teach a lesson that people should be forgiven. And remember, he never was truly bad. He was a good kid and then became posessed by that lady.

People should be able to express their thoughts about things they don't like about the show as well. And imo he is completely correct in that Jellal was handled pretty bad and the JellalxErza was done even worse. Erza has 0 reason to be suddenly in love with him from what they showed previously of their relationship together. At most they showed that jellal had some Psycho thing for her when he was in Crazy mode.

It is somewhat a standard play for a shonen (bad guy repent = instant forgiveness) type deal but his was rather abrupt and they just tacked on a romance on top of it. Should have established any romantic feelings in the flashbacks or in the confrontation at the tower but there was little to indicate that. If Hiro wanted JellalxErza should have slow played it developing later over several interactions instead of "lol no memory? I so love you now"

you really didn't read this thread all the way through did you. I'll quote the response. [spoiler]
Talukita said:
alexcampos said:
Can I just ask a simple question to every FT fan out there...

He will be executed, or life imprisonment so it's equal, they can never meet again anyway. And she lets them arrest him remember?

*cough Ultear cough*

He is the one saving the day anyway.

The more hopes you have, the more despair you feel. He fused with the Etherion to save her, it's nearly impossible for him to alive so she just mourns for him. But now, when her hopes are up, when she thinks that she can finally reunite with Jellal, after all the fights, after 8 years of separating, he is arrested and they can never meet each other again. And of course, to make the scene more touching.

Not that everyone decides to forgive him, it's that he doesn't have a chance to redeem anymore, now he is going to be executed, it's different.

I&#039;m sure that will bring back the people he KILLED...*rolls eyes*

Lanchia in KHR killed the whole of his family while he was brainwashed by Mukurou, or Pride in FMA lost his memories but people still forgive them and give them a chance to redeem. Take Luxus as an example, he forced the entire guild to have a massive war amongst themselves, which not only severely injured a large majority of the guild, but also placed the entire city's population in jeopardy via Thunder Hall. His crimes are nearly as serious as Jellal, only the difference that he was stopped by Erza while Jellal was not. But again people still forgive him easily, after all it's Shounen.

Again, the amnesia is there to make his life become dramatic and tragic. Like if he has full of his memories, what would happen if he met Erza? They say "Hi" to each other, reunite and then one-shots Nirvana with Abyss Break, incredibly lame isn't it?

But instead, he gets called out on for all his past crimes by Erza when she's trying to prove she's not going to fall for his tricks again and buy his lie about having amnesia, and since neither of them know that he was brainwashed into committing those crimes,which makes he horrified to learn what kind of a person he was and nearly commit suicides after that. Or he has to plead with Natsu and takes the bullet for him to make him receive the FoR.
I don&#039;t mean we should hate Jellal, on the contrary I think he has a great potential to be a good VILLAIN....but NOT another idiotic protagonist.

He is always a great villain (in FT of course), one of the biggest Big Bad anyway. About the idiotic protagonist, time will answer since he will reappear anyway.
cloudandlightSep 14, 2015 8:38 AM
Dec 28, 2015 1:56 PM

Oct 2013
Solid episode. That illusion plot twist was great.
Jun 22, 2016 9:21 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That was sad. Poor Wendy, I don't think the guy did anything wrong. He created illusions for Wendy's sake so that she won't be alone. I personally thought it was sweet to do that despite the whole guild being an illusion.

Erza's really been through a lot. She reunited with Jellal and in the end he goes to jail.

Jul 13, 2016 2:01 PM

Jul 2009
No one cared about Hot Eye's prison, now about Jellal..poor Erza, so Jellal gave her the "Scarlet" name.
So sweet that Robaul created a guild for Wendy, now she is going to join FT.
Aug 15, 2016 1:56 PM

Jan 2016
Emotional AF.. Both Erza, and Wendy.. Poor Jellal, wanna see more of him to be honest.. and So sad for wendy living with a illusion guild.. made me in tears dammit..But "What incredible Magic Power!" indeed.. but she has fairy tail and everyone else now :3
Amazing Act tho, and long one,But really amazing, cant wait what fairy tail have for stored next. will be calming, maybe some fillers these next few episodes, also saw Gajeel is back in the preview :3
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
May 27, 2017 8:30 AM

Jan 2013
I almost shed tears when Wendy started crying.
I feel so sorry for her. She lost everything: Jellal, Cait Shelter...

Poor little sweetheart. T^T Aww, just look at her.

It's high time for some fillers tho.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Aug 24, 2017 12:21 PM
Oct 2011
^
Oh man, gets me every time seeing her crying right there given everything that's happening and then her turning around to see Erza being the one putting her hand on her shoulder even with everything Erza was already feeling on top of that.

XMashup said:
damn, the caitshelter was just...heartbreaking. I didn't see that one coming, and when a hand held Wendy's shoulder and it showed that it was erza, I gave up on holding back and cried like a baby. This episode was beautiful. Beautiful indeed.

I loved this arc. Oracion Seis. I shall remember that <3

Absolutely agree, even on re-watch this one's a really powerful episode IMO.

Like you said, for me all two (three) intended spots always break me in this one.
The slow versions of the main music themes in them really drive it home as always too.

That end part with the reveal of the guild for Wendy through into her crying, and when it's fully shown to indeed be Erza's hand on Wendy's shoulder, and the music as she invites her to join, just incredible stuff.

And also of course the earlier big part of the episode where Erza is about to do what Natsu does before he beats her to it, and he and the others start fighting, but as the army moves to arrest them all she's somehow strong enough even in such a moment to still forcefully order Natsu to stand down like only she can leading in to the music and visuals during her entire isolated moment crying and flashing back under the red sky. And then when we see Wendy tearing up seeing her like that. Such a beautifully shown two part sequence and that screenshot.

An incredibly memorable episode.

Overall I too thought the arc was quite good despite having some unevenness and a bit muddled motives for the six, though also being slaves at the Tower was a nice twist, with quite good highs but also some lows, though I can't entirely dismiss that some of the low might just be my bias of Erza being my favorite and disappointment with how long it felt like she was mostly off screen this arc until toward the end, but once that happened at least she had some good stuff. Natsu's fights also maybe did come a little too close together since he kind of hogged two of the three toughest fights this time (with Erza's one in between), which I could imagine perhaps might have been what contributed to some of the reactions when it was airing that it felt a little extra "MC shonen-y" this time compared to some previous arcs, not that that's necessarily too much of a problem. This final episode of the arc was fantastic too.
DangerMouseDMSep 3, 2017 1:52 AM
Nov 19, 2017 12:09 PM

May 2016
That was a sorrowful episode Jellal case was different but poor Wendy lost a big family, but damn that old man life was hell living 400 years just waiting waiting and waiting it must have been so hard.
Feb 3, 2018 10:05 AM

Jan 2014
an episode full of sadness. one after another. poor those girls.
Dec 1, 2018 2:00 AM

Mar 2017
will be that fairy tail is for brats and that the fights are like children but the stories of the various characters are compelling, I feel sad for Gerard and Elsa / Wendy ...
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Feb 24, 2019 6:47 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
THAT IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND SAD, GOOD ARC OVERALL though bit long and slow
張大です for 張大勇督察
Mar 1, 2019 9:04 AM
Jul 2009
Yaay Wendy and Carla are joining Fairy Tail!
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Aug 10, 2020 11:55 AM

May 2018
So they were all illusions, huh. Well that was a convenient way to convince Wendy to go to Fairy Tail
Apr 4, 2022 1:28 PM

May 2020
So there never was a Cait Shelter guild to begin with, like they were all illusions... kinda sad tbh for Wendy. And no Jellal will come back some episodes later, I'm certain, so nothing to feel there.

A good wrap up to this arc I'd say.
Jun 27, 2022 10:35 PM

May 2021
First with Jellal and then Wendy... Two times me crying arc ;_;

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Oct 21, 2023 10:59 AM

Jan 2021
That was rapid fire gut punches...
Oct 27, 2023 7:48 PM

Apr 2021
Pain and pain, just pain
Nov 15, 2023 2:10 AM

Jan 2021
The whole arc was pretty bad and boring but Fairy tail has some wonderful and intriguing conclusions to an arc. I mean new mystery arises, old mystery gets solved and the conclusion turns out to be different from what I expect initially. This happened with the previous arcs as well. The arc itself is pretty bad but this conclusion was worth it.
Cant wait to know more about Jellal now.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Nov 24, 2023 7:25 PM
May 2017
Now this is the finale that Fairy Tail was missing.
Jan 12, 8:32 PM
Nov 2021
Reply to --ALEX--
Can I just ask a simple question to every FT fan out there...

I hate to say this BUT...

I don't mean we should hate Jellal, on the contrary I think he has a great potential to be a good VILLAIN....but NOT another idiotic protagonist.
@--ALEX--
EXTREMLEY late reply, but i completely agree, she was my favorite character in ft at first but after this arc she just went a bit down and by the end of fairy tail, SHE COMPLETLEY CHANGEDD, its always JELAL for her, i miss her badass personality, mangaka fumbled on this great character, she had potential to be THE FEMALE character in shonen.
Mar 31, 10:13 PM
Apr 2015
I just want to see Erza happy!!! Jellal come back and give her a good life please. Second half - it must be hard for Wendy to keep opening her heart up to people and then getting left over and over. So sad. Good thing we know she's joining a dependable crew with plot armor lol T_T <3

Also, I really liked the part with Erza empathizing with Wendy. Especially with the framing of the shot, it emphasized how Erza related to Wendy being all alone in this world. I guess Erza is an orphan too since she didn't have a last name.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 12, 2009

520 by gojowife12 »»
May 3, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 157 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

118 by LightNoragami1 »»
May 3, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Knave - Aug 9, 2010

150 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 2, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jahn - Jul 16, 2010

133 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 2, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ReaperEXE - Jul 26, 2010

99 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 2, 8:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.