Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 24, 2011 9:50 AM

Jan 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That episode was nice, as always.
Now we know more about Clain's past :D
Wafu~ !
Feb 24, 2011 10:31 AM

Nov 2008
Feb 24, 2011 3:44 PM
Oct 2010
I wasn't expecting that man to be who he ended up being.
Good episode, I just hope the pace picks up a little, there are only 5 eps left.
Feb 24, 2011 3:54 PM

Jul 2010
Overall this episode reminded me a lot of Final Fantasy.

It was pretty easy to tell Dias was a bad guy. I like him, though. He's got a great face and presence for a villain. He also kind of reminded me of Xerxes Break from Pandora Hearts. Maybe it was the seiyuu and silver hair. Speaking of which, does anyone know the name of the voice actor for Dias? It's not on MAL yet.

The picture Clain took of the man walking up to his lonely home was so sad. I feel sorry for him. Photographs are powerful things.

Anyone else find that the so-called fanservice in this show doesn't feel like fanservice? It's kind of weird, but if a show has to have "fanservice" then this is the way to do it.
Feb 24, 2011 4:04 PM
Feb 2008
Iilia said:
Speaking of which, does anyone know the name of the voice actor for Dias? It's not on MAL yet.

http://myanimelist.net/people/1489/Tomoaki_Maeno

Anyone else find that the so-called fanservice in this show doesn't feel like fanservice? It's kind of weird, but if a show has to have "fanservice" then this is the way to do it.

No, feels like typical fanservice, only very tame.
Feb 24, 2011 4:41 PM

Jan 2009
Phryne <3
And other than that, wat.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 24, 2011 5:53 PM

Dec 2008
lostinabook said:

Neither was I!! Does this mean that Clain has never even met his real parents? Was he raised by doppels? Where the hell is his mother?

And I just want to slap Enri so hard that she loses that fang in her mouth. That girl just makes me SO sick!!
Feb 24, 2011 6:12 PM

Nov 2008
Villetta_Nu said:
lostinabook said:

Neither was I!! Does this mean that Clain has never even met his real parents? Was he raised by doppels? Where the hell is his mother?

Yeah, this episode brings up a lot of questions about how doppels work, since
Maybe the Fractale system has more power over doppels than people realize?
Feb 24, 2011 6:49 PM

Apr 2010
wow his dad... a few things dont add up though... :/ when the attena worked temporarily it reshowed the town... but there was a cliff in the middle of it? that doesnt quite make sense, and we know that the fractale system has only recently left that area since his dad used a doppel during the first few eps... or am i missing something entirely?

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Feb 24, 2011 7:38 PM

Jul 2010
Amazing episode :D This such a amazing show. Tho still i miss the engrish version of the ED, anyone know when the full version are coming out for the OP/ED?
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Feb 24, 2011 8:45 PM

Apr 2010
I'm thinking that the doppel in the beginning actually wasn't his real dad. The whole Fractale system is shady, so it might of been someone completely different

Feb 24, 2011 9:12 PM

Sep 2010
@Nevararine
I think the guy fell through because he was injected with that antibiotic by Alabaster, which made him no longer able to interact with the fractale world.
Feb 24, 2011 9:16 PM

Feb 2011
Phyrne = dam nice fearless girl!

end of eps = win!
Wonder where this will lead...or just a small reunion and it ended quickly?
Feb 24, 2011 9:26 PM

Feb 2010
RyanSaotome said:
I'm thinking that the doppel in the beginning actually wasn't his real dad. The whole Fractale system is shady, so it might of been someone completely different

I'm thinking the same thing. Somethings off.. I feel a guy like his dad would want to raise his son hands on.. I'm thinking something went down around the time the "family" picture was taken.

Loved how they both appreciated Antique things.
Feb 24, 2011 9:37 PM

Jul 2009
aw, the dad shouldve went with him too.
at least he saw that clain picked up a spunky hottie haha
Feb 24, 2011 10:05 PM

Aug 2010
Well...interesting episode. First we find out that the L.M group is larger and there are branches that are worse that the one Clain is currently in. Second, we find out about Clain's father...he is really something to be honest.
But...I'm quite disappointed to see that we may never find out why Phryne changed her personality so fast.
Feb 24, 2011 10:21 PM

Mar 2010
OH my Freakin GoodNEss this episode was just GREAT I mean really

phryne looked soo quete with the potatoe and Really Hot WITHOUT her cloths on xD
crazy people and there drugs xD
The animation and storyline were great

the Plot twist in the end was quite a shocker to me :o who would of thought that guy was clains dad :d

cant wait for the next episode

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 24, 2011 10:48 PM

Sep 2009
This episode made me like Phrynen more. Some interesting information in this episode.
Feb 24, 2011 10:51 PM

Jul 2010
MusashiRose said:
RyanSaotome said:
I'm thinking the same thing. Somethings off.. I feel a guy like his dad would want to raise his son hands on.. I'm thinking something went down around the time the "family" picture was taken.

Loved how they both appreciated Antique things.
Actually, you just reminded me of something. If that guy really is his dad, then how would his doppel be able to interact with Clain at home? There's no Fractale service where they are, so it's impossible, isn't it? So it's gotta be that either you guys are right and his doppel dad isn't the real dad or that guy isn't actually his dad but maybe an uncle? Just speculating.

...I remember both parents mentioned being at two different places one time or another; don't know if that has anything to do with this.
Feb 24, 2011 11:01 PM
Dec 2007
koleare said:

But...I'm quite disappointed to see that we may never find out why Phryne changed her personality so fast.
The only real explanation is that Phryne is just an inconsistent and badly written character who conveniently changes according to the needs of the plot. The only consistent trait is that tomboy side, aside from that she completely morphs according to the plot.

Also, considering the Doppel Nessa and her real world model didn't seem to act the same way at all I don't think Doppels have the same personality as their owners. That said it is possible that they are pre-programmed considering it was mentioned once that people would leave their children with doppels and just dissapear which would imply they can operate on their own without any third-party influence.

Feb 24, 2011 11:07 PM
Mar 2008
I think the guy was his grandfather.

So far we know that the father:
Lives freely the same as the mother.
Tells Clain to throw away his antiques all the time.

The guy from this episode looks kinda old (he is even sick) and his way of thinking is really different to Clain's dad. Maybe they had a discussion and put distance between them.
Feb 24, 2011 11:37 PM
Dec 2007
Coyote said:
I think the guy was his grandfather.

So far we know that the father:
Lives freely the same as the mother.
Tells Clain to throw away his antiques all the time.

The guy from this episode looks kinda old (he is even sick) and his way of thinking is really different to Clain's dad. Maybe they had a discussion and put distance between them.
The one that he mentions that he should throw away the antiques was the doppel of his dad. As far as I know he doesn't remember his parents and he assumes they left him to live freely, like is usual in the Fractale-ruled world.

Feb 25, 2011 1:18 AM

Sep 2008
I like the part where Phryne stripped the most.
The fact that there was little Nessa in the episode was also a plus.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2011 2:10 AM

Aug 2010
i don't understand was the camera guy clain's dad or what?
Feb 25, 2011 5:25 AM

Mar 2010
apart from service shot this was good episode and really likeable after the somewhat lame breather episode that was ep 5. Very nice stuff
Feb 25, 2011 5:29 AM

Oct 2008
I watched Fractale a few hours after Madoka to cheer me up.
It didn't work. It actually decreased my enjoyment of this episode by 50%.
Feb 25, 2011 5:49 AM

Jun 2007
My guess is that somewhere a while back, his dad lost service with the Fractale system and because Clain wasn't able to reach him anymore, he assumed he "died". I'm assuming under the Fractacle system kids are eventually left behind by their parents because families don't live together. While his dad was still living in a dead sector, the doppel continued exisiting and maintaining his dad's personality.
Feb 25, 2011 6:01 AM

Jan 2009
I'll just leave this behind....

Feb 25, 2011 7:25 AM

Nov 2009
Well as incosnsistant as she is... dat ass...

As long as they explain the whole father deal then i will love this episode. Expecting an explanation by the end of the show.

Also, that other group is a bunch of jackasses.
Feb 25, 2011 7:30 AM

Nov 2008
The episode was good overall. I can't believe that was Clain's dad. My only complaint is that there wasn't enough Nessa : (
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Feb 25, 2011 7:33 AM

Aug 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
I like the part where Phryne stripped the most.

Definitely the best part of the episode.

This episode provided some neat scenes. Meeting another guy like Clain who likes antiques and could possibly be his father was also really interesting. I'm just stuck wondering what is this show trying to conclude with.
Feb 25, 2011 8:12 AM

May 2007
I think Phryne has been consistent, she was just distant and now is close to the characters, it happened fast but no jump in personality.

A nice episode but I don't see how Alabaster was any different than Granite, didn't they do the same thing to Clain basically.
My anime list
Feb 25, 2011 8:20 AM

Jun 2009
awesome-49 said:

Yes, that guy with camera was Clain's father.

Feb 25, 2011 8:31 AM

Aug 2010
'Ecchi pictures of Phryne are now in your hands, my son.'

No seriously, nice episode :]

Feb 25, 2011 8:34 AM

Jun 2009
I like Phryne more and more as the show progresses, loved when she stripped and jumped in the water. ^^ Episode was great as usual, love this stuff, very nicely made what to say.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 25, 2011 8:51 AM

Dec 2009
So his doppel dad had nothing to do with his real dad ? >_> Fractale , you evil thing ...
Feb 25, 2011 9:00 AM

Jan 2009
alwaysbored said:
So his doppel dad had nothing to do with his real dad ? >_> Fractale , you evil thing ...
Well, as I got it, them doppels are just programmed based on the personalities of their real counterparts. After creation, they just act as their programming tells them.
I guess.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 25, 2011 9:29 AM

Jun 2009
Apart from the usual useless fan service and the plot inconsistencies, I’m pretty happy with this episode. Plot development is yummy, even if it’s only millimeters of it.

Seeing Clain’s father really added a special feeling to the episode for me, nostalgia must be it. The photography made my heart ache.

I think the Doppels are pre-programmed copies of a person, they must have some kind of replica of the psyche of the user to certain point —they have terminals with their data connected to the system for something— while the Fractale system may influence in theirs ‘replies’ to the environment; even if the real presence it’s lost, it’ll still function by default.

Maybe the Doppel was based on his father as it was always thought; I remember he had said something about living in Luimnight and the balloons began to fall much after Clain knew Phryne, which makes the possibility of his father losing Fractale’s service as well as the town in the time Clain was captured by the Granitz family, deteriorating his health.

And about the town’s projection, it’s pretty simple. The people who were injected had their terminals removed can’t see anything related to Fractale without the lenses Sunda uses, and the others that weren’t, could see the town’s image as it was before, but it was just that, a projection. Nothing was real, it was Fractale’s illusion. The real terrain is still there, that’s why they fell at the cliff; it’s still there, though they couldn’t see it.

No matter what I do, I can’t like Phryne.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Feb 25, 2011 10:37 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
alwaysbored said:
Well, as I got it, them doppels are just programmed based on the personalities of their real counterparts. After creation, they just act as their programming tells them.
I guess.

I guess that'd be it. After all, Clain's father's doppel saw Phryne when Clain took her home in 1st episode. I think he's react in some other way than just " Ah a girl" if he was directly connected with his doppel before.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 25, 2011 11:02 AM

Oct 2010
Pretty amazing episode, it had a little of everything.
OrochiPL said:

I guess that'd be it. After all, Clain's father's doppel saw Phryne when Clain took her home in 1st episode. I think he's react in some other way than just " Ah a girl" if he was directly connected with his doppel before.

He kinda asked if she was her girlfriend, maybe he was surprise he saw them together again?
But then again Oorsan response makes more sense.
huh?
Feb 25, 2011 11:52 AM

Aug 2009
nice episode with a surprise ending.
Feb 25, 2011 11:59 AM

Jan 2009
I can't really tell whether Fractale's a good thing or a bad thing. The old man seems as if he's Clain's dad, and he keeps on wanting to restore Fractale to his area, yet the doppel dad seems to be a complete different person. I really don't get it.
Feb 25, 2011 12:29 PM

Apr 2010
Iilia said:
It was pretty easy to tell Dias was a bad guy. I like him, though. He's got a great face and presence for a villain. He also kind of reminded me of Xerxes Break from Pandora Hearts. Maybe it was the seiyuu and silver hair. Speaking of which, does anyone know the name of the voice actor for Dias? It's not on MAL yet.
He does look like a typical bad guy and the way he acted suggested that he was up to no good.
This part just demonstrated the differences between different branches in the same organization even tho they fight for a similar cause there ideas aren't always the same.

Iilia said:
I don't think it's fan service it's just they way how Phryne behaves.
She just doesn't care what others might think at least this is the impression she gives and like she mentioned she considers herself Phryne before she considers herself a girl.
Clearly suggesting her way of behavior.
PerlaNemesis said:
awesome-49 said:

Yes, that guy with camera was Clain's father.

He could be Claine's father he could also be someone else like a relative or a friend of his parents.
The pictures suggest that Claine was importuned to him but this doesn't have to mean that he is Claine's father.
Feb 25, 2011 1:47 PM

Mar 2010
haha i loved how phyrne called clain's dad ecchi-san.
Geso
-----:D
Feb 25, 2011 2:03 PM

Nov 2007
Are we sure that guy was Clains dad? I was thinking he was his grandfather sense he doesn't sound or act like his dad and he looks older than his dad should look. Also the picture was taken with his camera so I would think he was taking the picture of his family.
Feb 25, 2011 2:30 PM

Nov 2007
Nice ep, high time for some story development.

I'm still hoping someone kills Enri. God, she's annoying :P
Iilia said:
Actually, you just reminded me of something. If that guy really is his dad, then how would his doppel be able to interact with Clain at home? There's no Fractale service where they are, so it's impossible, isn't it? So it's gotta be that either you guys are right and his doppel dad isn't the real dad or that guy isn't actually his dad but maybe an uncle? Just speculating.

...I remember both parents mentioned being at two different places one time or another; don't know if that has anything to do with this.

If the system actually seperates people on purpose, than this series has suddenly reached a level of awesomeness I hadn't suspected.
But I think doppels have the ability to function on their own (like Nessa?).
If his dad came across a connection every now and than, he could hook up and be up-to-date.
Feb 25, 2011 2:54 PM

Jun 2007
Man Clain has great perv powers within him almost master level. Dias is evil ofcourse he is no one is that nice but man they just up and kill deserters.
Feb 25, 2011 4:16 PM

Jan 2008
DAT PHRYNE
Feb 25, 2011 4:33 PM
Dec 2007
Shadow_Strider said:
Are we sure that guy was Clains dad? I was thinking he was his grandfather sense he doesn't sound or act like his dad and he looks older than his dad should look. Also the picture was taken with his camera so I would think he was taking the picture of his family.
We've seen that people who lose connection with the system get sickly and lose all drive to live, only seeking a way to reconnect to the system. If we think of it that way it wouldn't really be that unrealistic for him to look a little older and sickly. It would also explain his drive to create that tower to reconnect the area to the system. Now what I really want to know is how can Clain be alright even though he still has his terminal (which means he's still connected to Fractale.). There's way too many holes in this story.

Feb 25, 2011 4:57 PM

Jan 2011
That ending caused my mouth to drop. Great episode!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fractale Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 20, 2011

137 by ka7eMARU »»
Feb 6, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Mar 31, 2011

204 by luminality »»
Nov 23, 2022 3:04 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Angy- - Feb 17, 2011

78 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 7:53 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

confusedmuse - Mar 17, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 6:39 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.