Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 31, 2011 10:49 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rose was all kinds of adorable and cute in this episode, loved her hairdo while in a swimsuit and her sailor outfit *drool*. Meruga (White Dragon) is introduced along with another breaker with the Ice Age Lost Precious which Ryuuji will fight in the next episode.

5/5
HoppyJan 31, 2011 11:47 AM

Jan 31, 2011 12:30 PM

Jul 2010
calm before the storm it seems , next ep is going to be a lot of fighting it seems
Jan 31, 2011 12:36 PM

Dec 2009
I just love rose-chan. She's like becoming my new favourite loli [^-^] Also it's kind of funny like George is acting like fighting-for-god-and-kill-all-dragons but then just telling its a legend. Oh Rose-Chan ~

Jan 31, 2011 12:48 PM

Jan 2008
Liked the episode, but LOVED the preview! hauu~
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Jan 31, 2011 1:15 PM

Apr 2010
Rose's hair when entering the church was so cute it looked awesome.
I feel sorry for Misaki going trough all the trouble to attract Ryuji and he walks straight passed her, he even spend most of his times with others then the group he was invited by.

Maruga looks like a kind person tho she does seem like the type who you should not make angry her appearance was very noble.
Tho her threatening after her request wasn't so noble.
Eriko was busy again with herself , to me she seems like a pretty self concerned person who doesn't pay to much attention to others.

George looks allot older then he is i judged him at least 15 years older.
It also seems like there is a major misunderstanding between his religion and the dragons, and both of them have there own story line.
To me it seems to dragons one is much more likely and it also explains allot more.
Jan 31, 2011 1:28 PM

Nov 2008
a good set up episode for another battle episode which looks to be quite nice.
Jan 31, 2011 1:43 PM

Nov 2008
Aversa said:
Rose's hair when entering the church was so cute it looked awesome.
I feel sorry for Misaki going trough all the trouble to attract Ryuji and he walks straight passed her, he even spend most of his times with others then the group he was invited by.

Maruga looks like a kind person tho she does seem like the type who you should not make angry her appearance was very noble.

Misaki's constant timidness is annoying me fast. She should give up on Ryuuji.

Maruga falls in the category "Beware the Nice Ones", she's beautiful though.

Jan 31, 2011 2:09 PM

Sep 2010
Next episode will be eventful!

I wasn't expecting this kind of nature for George, maybe the picture of him was taken when he froze something? :o
Jan 31, 2011 2:35 PM

Dec 2009
Still no Ai :(

But nice setup-episode with cute Rose moments =)
I think we can expect a good action episode next week
yuno6.jpg
Jan 31, 2011 2:40 PM

Oct 2010

This made me lol sooooo hard....
Nice episode, and I feel so bad for the other dude... he was trying so hard to get Maruga's attention and the priest just kinda arrive and started to be awesome
huh?
Jan 31, 2011 3:01 PM
Nov 2009
Lol the ED is awesome.
Jan 31, 2011 3:19 PM

Jan 2009
They're going to the beach, so obviously they have to increase Rose's chest size. >_> Definitely doesn't suit her character.
Wat.
This week is so full of disappointments.

Then again, "Hauu~"
OosranJan 31, 2011 3:36 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 31, 2011 3:20 PM

Aug 2010
SentiNel said:
Liked the episode, but LOVED the preview! hauu~

hau~

Seriously this show has too much HNNNNNGGGG in it.
Jan 31, 2011 3:37 PM
Dec 2007
The new characters are nice. Good episode overall.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 31, 2011 3:43 PM

Sep 2010
George seems to have fallen for Maruga. This will be interesting. :P
And Eto. Poor, poor Eto. Hauu~.
AngelicFecesJan 31, 2011 4:05 PM
Jan 31, 2011 5:30 PM

Nov 2008
Nothing much happened this episode but we see many cute moments xDD Some might be bothered by it but I don't care what they say, I just want to see their peaceful moments before the battle xDD

PS: Rose always makes me "HHHNNNNNNNGGGGHHHH" xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 31, 2011 7:11 PM
Sep 2010
interesting episode, next episode looks like its gonna have a lot of fighting. george is a funny character, kind of contradicts himself a lot
Jan 31, 2011 7:13 PM
May 2009
I wanted some icecream
Jan 31, 2011 7:21 PM

May 2010
Why don't they just steal the sword when he's not around?
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Jan 31, 2011 7:36 PM

Jan 2011
The unexpected same trick from Index.
Some funny scenes from George made my day.
Jan 31, 2011 7:54 PM

May 2009
Decent setup episode. And Misaki has as much of a chance with Ryuuji as his buddy does with Marugo.
Jan 31, 2011 7:58 PM

Sep 2010
Hauuu~!
Jan 31, 2011 9:37 PM

Mar 2010
A better episode than the previous ones, i'll give it that. Rose was a lot less annoying than usual, as well. Hopefully, that will continue. Next episode looks promising, too. Looking forward to the next!
Jan 31, 2011 9:40 PM

Jan 2010
I enjoyed this episode the most of any in this series. Onyx was a very dull character. I'm glad he's out of sight. Hopefully he doesn't return.

Maruga is interesting, as is George. Neither is what they initially seem. And yeah, the white sailor uniform works for Rose. Even though the trim doesn't really match her eyes, she looks cute. The episode was filled with cuteness, with beach and festival scenes in one.

Not sure what to expect from the new characters though although Aikawa's energy precipitated Maruga's joining them at the festival. It's getting fun and interesting.
Jan 31, 2011 10:00 PM

Sep 2009
I really like the characters so far. Good setup episode.
Jan 31, 2011 10:06 PM

Jun 2008
To all the females of this anime who like the main protagonist, or will eventually come to like him...you need to know one very important fact:

Jan 31, 2011 10:57 PM

Aug 2008
Ugh, this series is getting sooooo boring. Why are all these shows the same? Why is the main character so weak and annoying? Why can't they ever have a strong main character from the start? Why is there always some dopey side kick there to make jokes? Why even introduce a character like Etou when all that could possibly happen is for her heart to get crushed because the main character inevitably falls in love with the loli half-human?

This series is the same as too many shows. Unless I see something game-changing in the next two episodes or so, I'm dropping. I don't have time to waste on cookie-cutter crap like this, no matter how excellent the animation is.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jan 31, 2011 11:06 PM

Oct 2010
I thinks what really made this episode was 2 new character introductions, of which Margarite is most favorite after Rose.

Margarite, is a Empress of the White Dragons most certainly means she is royalty like Rose. Although I though White Dragons are more for healing and blue dragons are the kings of water/ice. Anyways her mission that she entrusts to Rose/Ryuji/Eriko is what started the fun again. Sword being called "Ice Rage" did remind me of RPG's ice swords. Swords embedded with ice/freezing properties. I really think Margarite is the next cute character after Rose.

continuing on Margarite, find her necklace rather peculiar as to what it means other than the blue orbs are a association made to her element. Guess Margarite is pretty well informed to know what George plans to do. I think Margarite has her charms in many ways such as being already proposed to go to the festival by Aikawa Masato.

It looks like Ryuji is already forming his harem with her and in fact even got competition from George who judging by his reaction likes her. What really I did like near the end is that she told Rose/Ryuji a story that George told them but thing is it's different. It has the element of love between Dragon and human while negatively speaking of the human nature of killing their own if they are with someone that they deem not of theirs.
Rest in spoiler

About preview, can't wait for it. Margarite using her powers will be nice. Ryuji VS Evans will be another fight to remember. There will be for sure more worrying about Ryuji/Rose. Ryuji saving Rose is one thing to wonder about whether he will be ok or not but I am more worried about Rose because if that sword's power hits her, did you not realize that it could kill her? She is a Red Dragon and they are weak against all forms of cold attacks.
Yumekichi11Feb 2, 2011 12:41 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 31, 2011 11:24 PM

Jun 2008
mcjazzman32 said:
Ugh, this series is getting sooooo boring. Why are all these shows the same? Why is the main character so weak and annoying? Why can't they ever have a strong main character from the start? Why is there always some dopey side kick there to make jokes? Why even introduce a character like Etou when all that could possibly happen is for her heart to get crushed because the main character inevitably falls in love with the loli half-human?

To answer all your questions...it's mostly because EVERYTHING has already been done, so to you and me this is just another anime with a weak main character, a loli, and all the other generic stuff.

However, there are always a "sufficient" population that loves to see this generic genre over and over.

That's just the sad truth, I tend to ignore the fact that I've already seen so many anime that are EXACTLY as this, and I just kick back and not have any expectations.

If it turns out good...GREAT!!!,

If it turns out bad.....who cares, when you don't have expectations, you can watch out of simple enjoyment and not take it seriously.
Jan 31, 2011 11:53 PM

Aug 2010
alexcampos said:
mcjazzman32 said:

To answer all your questions...it's mostly because EVERYTHING has already been done, so to you and me this is just another anime with a weak main character, a loli, and all the other generic stuff.

However, there are always a "sufficient" population that loves to see this generic genre over and over.

That's just the sad truth, I tend to ignore the fact that I've already seen so many anime that are EXACTLY as this, and I just kick back and not have any expectations.

If it turns out bad.....who cares, when you don't have expectations, you can watch out of simple enjoyment and not take it seriously.

I love it when people point out my exact thoughts on things so I don't have to go through the hassle. Well that, and it makes me feel a little better that I'm not the only person with said common viewpoint.

Although a funny thought came to me related to the original poster asking why. If the main character were to be more physically powerful and mentally motivated people would simply say this series was a rip off of index. With a main character who likes to punch things, make long speeches about justice, and keep his loli at home for protection.

Of course that argument could be argued further and we'd eventually be whining over how Astro Boy totally ripped off the scratches on cave walls by our ancient ancestors.

Back to the topic, Dragon Crisis is turning out to be plenty enjoyable for myself, even if it does follow a somewhat well trodden formula. This episode was a nice start to a new arc, and luckily it doesn't seem to be falling into the typical harem route of having Ryuuji's closeness to rose being trounced in order to allow more possibilities for the other girls in the series.
Feb 1, 2011 12:52 AM

Feb 2010
George for president!
Feb 1, 2011 12:57 AM

Oct 2010
Slowly Turing out to be a another typical Harem.
Feb 1, 2011 5:22 AM
Nov 2009
It's not turning out to be that harem though. The stupid shy girl was all like "Hey can we have a harem? I have boobs and am wearing a bikini, so maybe we can have an episode where your Rie is all like 'oh no my breasts are small compared to hers' and then I guess an octopus can attack us or some shit like that."

To which the main character replied, "No, lol."

Then it moved on to the real plot. The real plot isn't anything special yet sure, but a typical harem would've stretched out that beach bullshit and not had the lame shy girl get kicked in the face.
Feb 1, 2011 5:29 AM

May 2008
Anyone else loving George right now? and i just cant get enough of the ending song though it seems like he would be the bad guy next week =(

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 1, 2011 5:33 AM

Sep 2010
Naelok said:

To which the main character replied, "No, lol."

Ha, nice depiction there and I have to agree. This is a somewhat unharemly harem.

Well, still don't like any of the three main characters, but George actually turned out to be an interesting guy. I was expecting a typical bland villain there...also that white dragon lady had some interesting things to say.
Feb 1, 2011 5:45 AM
Nov 2009
A harem of dragons!
Feb 1, 2011 7:49 AM
Jun 2009
Lol I wonder if there always have to be a beach-episode in every anime =___=' it is boring as hell.
Feb 1, 2011 8:07 AM

Feb 2009
And here comes white Minorin.
Waiting for Ami in *thinks of a color different from Ami's hair* green.

What a boring episode.
"We don't know how to get that sword from him so let's go to a festival." Pfft.
I swear, if the words "Dragon Slayer" is mentioned even once, I'm gonna drop this straight away.
Feb 1, 2011 8:11 AM

Nov 2008
alexcampos said:
To all the females of this anime who like the main protagonist, or will eventually come to like him...you need to know one very important fact:

The painful and epic truth, I especially want Rose to win Ryuuji over as she only loves him to death with no aggression towards him, when she comes, it's always for love. I also think Rose is part obsessive yandere affection-wise which makes it even better.

Beatoriche-sama said:
Lol I wonder if there always have to be a beach-episode in every anime =___=' it is boring as hell.

This is a light ecchi anime with harem elements as well as fast paced action, it must have a beach episode. Got to keep your twenty something to early middle age fanbase satisfied.

Feb 1, 2011 8:42 AM

Aug 2010
George Evans provided some good humor in this episode.

Rose is a really enjoyable character how she just adores Ryuuji and the new dragon girl was really cute too. Judging by the ed credits I think they will add some more and I'm really looking forward to it.
Feb 1, 2011 8:43 AM

Nov 2008
guan_hian said:
The unexpected same trick from Index.

Yeah, lol.

And the harem is expanding.
Feb 1, 2011 8:53 AM

Sep 2010
George was hilarious. xD
I hope that they will team up, I don't want them to fight. :'l
Feb 1, 2011 10:50 AM

Jul 2009
George was awesome xD I liked him a lot more than I thought I would. I'm cheering for something to happen between him and Maruga, considering how he fell head over heels for her at first sight. I think she's got enough of a backbone to deal with him as well, but she's still delicate. The story itself was also very nice. That's what George has placed his assumptions on, so perhaps hearing to actual story from Maruga or Ryuuji will change his mind.

Overall, cute episode, mostly from Rose and Maruga. Especially cutieloli Rose.
Feb 1, 2011 1:46 PM

Oct 2009
Rose goes Index!

Lol, George falls for the white dragon xD
Feb 1, 2011 2:40 PM

Jan 2010
I'm really surprised with the level of quality this show has. It's definitely not like your typical DEEN fare which looks terrible and you can see the budget cuts everywhere in it.

This and Kore wa Zombie are two of the best shows DEEN has done in years. Maybe all they need to do is stick to light novels instead of butchering popular visual novels and eroge.
Ok™
Feb 1, 2011 3:52 PM

Aug 2008
Precipitation said:
alexcampos said:
mcjazzman32 said:

I love it when people point out my exact thoughts on things so I don't have to go through the hassle. Well that, and it makes me feel a little better that I'm not the only person with said common viewpoint.

Although a funny thought came to me related to the original poster asking why. If the main character were to be more physically powerful and mentally motivated people would simply say this series was a rip off of index. With a main character who likes to punch things, make long speeches about justice, and keep his loli at home for protection.

Of course that argument could be argued further and we'd eventually be whining over how Astro Boy totally ripped off the scratches on cave walls by our ancient ancestors.

Back to the topic, Dragon Crisis is turning out to be plenty enjoyable for myself, even if it does follow a somewhat well trodden formula. This episode was a nice start to a new arc, and luckily it doesn't seem to be falling into the typical harem route of having Ryuuji's closeness to rose being trounced in order to allow more possibilities for the other girls in the series.

lol um but Index is the same crap and the main character is also weak. Just because the story keeps having him punch things doesn't mean he's not weak. It just means the author loves him some duex ex.

rare shows comparable to this one that have strong male leads from the very beginning are: Kaze no Stigma and Seiken no Blacksmith. Man I would have loved if Ryuuji was a character like those guys. It would have tripled the appeal of Dragon Crisis.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Feb 1, 2011 3:53 PM

Nov 2009
I am hoping at this point we get another couple instead of a harem...forgetting the school people... I don't understand what compels shows to go down the harem path all the time when you can actually have viable male characters... But hey if i got my way the world would have peace and there would not be anyone starving.

Glad they kept the beach episode part to the bare minimum. That and the school friends had the perfect amount of air time.
Feb 1, 2011 4:24 PM

Sep 2007
These school friends of Ryuuji are extremely annoying.
Feb 1, 2011 4:24 PM

Apr 2009
Damn, so many foreigners with blonde hair and blue eyes.
Feb 1, 2011 4:41 PM

Aug 2010
mcjazzman32 said:

lol um but Index is the same crap and the main character is also weak. Just because the story keeps having him punch things doesn't mean he's not weak. It just means the author loves him some duex ex.

rare shows comparable to this one that have strong male leads from the very beginning are: Kaze no Stigma and Seiken no Blacksmith. Man I would have loved if Ryuuji was a character like those guys. It would have tripled the appeal of Dragon Crisis.

With his ability being kind of a silly thing which cancels out every single ability thrown at him it would be hard to say that having an advantage in a confrontation is not amount to strength. Again, I'm just pointing out that would be considered "strong" in these situations, which in itself is kind of a silly argument due to the fact that the main character in Dragon Crisis has what would be considered "strength" within the world by having a high natural ability for Lost Preciouses. In the end you're arguing personality, not ability.

When it gets down to that argument it's simply preference, but don't begin to argue that something is bad because it has a trope from other anime when you simply want a separate trope to replace it.

I'm not saying you should change your preference in characters, since I love both sides of the coin here, but arguing for a change in an anime like that is no better than playing mad libs with the cast. "Well what would happen if Rose was a yandere?! Oooh." It's curiosity which belongs to fan fiction fanatics, and not legitimate criticism.

Now then, with all that said, I have a delightful head full of frightening images of Rose being a yandere in my head. I shall blame you for that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 28, 2011

178 by slepice24 »»
Mar 29, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sirwence - Feb 21, 2011

65 by OweynLupton »»
May 26, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 10, 2011

159 by White_Alice »»
May 22, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Feb 7, 2011

85 by Skirroz98_NL »»
May 26, 2022 2:37 AM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hoppy - Jan 24, 2011

138 by Skirroz98_NL »»
May 25, 2022 2:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.