Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 24, 2011 11:01 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ryuuji and Rose are reunited just in time.

Ryuuji's sword, Slash Breaker is actually pretty good, it even can absorb attacks, loved the teamwork Rose and Ryuuji have.

Rose looking at and repeating Ryuuji's confession ftw, he won't be treating her bad anymore.

5/5

Jan 24, 2011 11:44 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you.

Looked pretty good with the two-man team.
The fight with the soundtrack they played were very good, 4/5.

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Jan 24, 2011 11:49 AM

Dec 2010
Ryuuji earned major badass points this episode, though it would've been nice if he had at least agreed that he was able to do some of the things he did due to his own abilities, which I'm sure has some relation to his Breaker Rank.

I hope we see more of Onyx in the future, if only for his seiyuu :D

4/5 from me
LuffyFoxtrotJan 24, 2011 11:52 AM
Jan 24, 2011 12:55 PM

Dec 2007
The telepathy part while parting between Rose and Black Dragon was a bit annoying!
Jan 24, 2011 1:03 PM

Nov 2007
That was quite a nice episode, Rose is just to cute,
One thing I don't get is as how Ryuuji all off sudden got injured like that around the end but oh well Rose saved him so all well..
Jan 24, 2011 1:15 PM

Jul 2010
amazing episode ! :D
Jan 24, 2011 1:16 PM

Sep 2007
I was pretty disappointed that Onyx was defeated so quickly but I guess that's the power of a lv10 breaker. The whole telepathy spiel between Rose and Onyx was pretty stupid too. What was the point of that if they're both alone and are still moving their mouths? It's like DEEN wanted to save as much money possible by not having to animate the most simplest things. And the the whole ridiculous sappy romance. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU in KugiRie's loli voice is so disgustingly ear gratingly annoying.
Jan 24, 2011 1:17 PM

Jul 2010
Omg Ryuuji was really awesome but what are Lost Precious really? Are they items that contains lotsaq energie/power? And what is a Breaker?? It's kinda annoying they don't explain it but I hope they will in the next episode...

I really like this anime, there's lotsa action, a bit comedy and romance ^^ Rose is kinda cute, I kinda like her, Ryuuji is really nice and Onyx is a great bad-ass :D I hope we'll see him again :)
Jan 24, 2011 1:19 PM

May 2009
AMAZING EPISODE!

The music ROCKED!

I loved the telepathy and the fact that they love each other, and she FINALLY showed her wings!!!
Jan 24, 2011 1:24 PM

Sep 2010
Amazing episode, I wasn't expecting so much for the third episode (well it's only in 12 episodes so it has to start one day), Ryujii is so cool, Rose is cuter than ever and also more cool with her wings :D.

It's only in the third episode that I take really care of the opening, and I see the mark on Ryujii's hand I was asking myself "nani kore?" the episode answer to me :')
Jan 24, 2011 1:30 PM

Jul 2010
Ok much better than the last episode.
Jan 24, 2011 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing fighting visuals, Tremendous soundtrack, Dull forced plot.

6.5/10
Jan 24, 2011 1:44 PM

Nov 2009
I don't know about this episode, I mean it was a great episode and all but it actually felt a little to fast if anyone else knows what I am saying. Oh yeah and that I love you X Infinity got annoying fast other than that it was good I guess idk I just can't get over the rushed plot feeling though.
Jan 24, 2011 1:48 PM

Dec 2008
Im calling bullshit on this anime:

Rose saves Ryuji from onyx in present day = Ryuji:"meh i dont care about her"
Rose saves Ryuji in past = Ryuji:"zomg im goin die hard on their asses"

Also did they forget he was just about to leave her at the society just an episode ago, where she wouldve likely been under constant experimentation and surveillance, and he was okay with that? yet if shes goin to get married by some other stronger dragon that beat him up thats not okay?

i dont understand this animes logic/morals.
Jan 24, 2011 1:53 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, that was a really nice episode ^^
The confession part was cute
yuno6.jpg
Jan 24, 2011 1:57 PM

Feb 2010
This better gets better next episode, dammit. D:
Jan 24, 2011 1:59 PM

Jan 2009
The OP is still the best part of the show. Hoping for the show to overtake the OP sometime soon.
Also, that dagger thingy reminds me of Frodo's String. (Lord of the Rings) It shines and stuff.
And them marks on them hands kinda reminds me of Kurokami.
Also, the camera ran out of batteries. Less than a minute later and Rose is watching some playback on the same camera. >_>

Oh and I look forward to when that girl with heterochromic eyes appear.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 24, 2011 2:01 PM

Jul 2010
Brilliant episode and series ending was epic. at-last Ryuji confessed his feelings. the ending fight were really great, i mean how he beat the final dragon while connecting with Rose and then final kiss OMG. poor ryuji, he didn't noticed that (dragon breathing + kiss) well, he got cute dragon loli, that's what he needed. overall, great ending for the most epic series, it was short though. i hope they will live happily ever after. Sayonara Rose-chan

i feel sorry for black dragon. oh well, he was a punk after all. sarc' over/

ending song is really cute.
Han-yuuJan 24, 2011 2:37 PM
Jan 24, 2011 2:20 PM

Apr 2010
Onyx is just a cliche bad guy the fact that they run in on them at the altar was cliche that Rose believed Onyx was cliche and Ryuji's near death experience was cliche.
This episode was full of things that are cliche and it feels rushed hopefully next week will be better but i might be asking to much.
Jan 24, 2011 2:26 PM
Jul 2010
4/5 for the seiyuu who voices Rose, 1/5 for wimpy protagonist.
Jan 24, 2011 2:32 PM

Aug 2010
I don't know if it's just me, but this felt way too fast for me...still, it had a certain charm to it. Overall, the series really caught up interest and it's a definite keep until end :D
Jan 24, 2011 2:45 PM

Sep 2010
Still doesn't like the male lead, Kugimiya is still annoying, Eriko still doesn't fit in and the plot still doesn't make any sense. Strange enough that I still enjoyed that episode because the relationship between Rose and Ryuuji was strangely appealing.

I had to laugh at Kugimiyas “triple-kirai” which totally reminded me of her famous “urusai,urusai,urusai” so the drama kind of fell flat for me. But the following decleration of love felt surprisingly genuine.

The almighty dagger was ridiculous though but I'll keep following this show for now and hope for the best.
Jan 24, 2011 3:00 PM

Feb 2008
Why does this contractor stuff remind me about Kurokami?

Yeah I already got a feeling it was something about contracting, good episode.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 24, 2011 3:02 PM

Feb 2008
Instead of Synchro it's engaged lol

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 24, 2011 3:07 PM
Nov 2009
to people wondering what the point of the telepathy was i don't think they were actually speaking in there minds. since there mouths opened whenever they talked i take it to mean they were speaking in there native tongue since rose hasn't completely gotten the hang of speaking Japanese.
Jan 24, 2011 3:12 PM
Dec 2007
Great mix of action and developments with a very nice animation and music in this episode. It basically had everything that Index doesn't have.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 24, 2011 3:26 PM

Aug 2010
Holy shit that was a kawaii overload. Kugimiya yelling suki suki suki over and over made me want to die of cuteness.

I'm still pretty impressed/surprised at the animation quality. It isn't anything amazing, but compared to DEEN's usual work it's great.

Series is nothing new, but I'm enjoying it so far.
Jan 24, 2011 3:47 PM

Apr 2010
Amazing, action and a awesome soundtrack
Jan 24, 2011 3:58 PM

Nov 2010
"I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU" that was so awesomely cute! I'm a total sucker for love stories...even if they are kinda cliched >.>... ALSO! Thank god Ryuji isn't another wimpy emotional protagonist, he fought a giant ass dragon!!! This show just jumped a few ranks on my list of favorite shows this season :P
Jan 24, 2011 4:01 PM

Jan 2011
Seemed really rushed. /: I don't really understand the connection between them either, Rose loves him for such a basic reason and Ryuji changed his opinion of her so quickly, but I guess now that they've saved each other they have a good reason. Dx
Jan 24, 2011 4:08 PM

Oct 2010
hmmm... soo... this felt wring by some reason...
Soooo Ryuji loves her because she save him long time ago and Rose loves him because he is the first thing she saw?
The first two ep were awesome, I hope they improve on the next one as this was mediocre.
huh?
Jan 24, 2011 4:22 PM

Dec 2007
well this ep was interesting ....whole lot better than the last....Ryuuji (kinda stupid name when there are dragons and stuff....autor could have more fantasy....:P) but what i am rly curious is the what kind of world it where this is happening...it look like magic is on daily occurrence...but it seems like not many ppl know about it....dont like superoverpowered abilities like engagement which can defeat dragon in dragon form like that......

That super epic sword rly looked like Frodos sword :P
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Jan 24, 2011 4:26 PM

Jan 2009
Figured Onyx was ok since he's supposed to be like the final boss. Guess they'll make another one or something.

Ryuuji's action should be speak enough for the naysayers from the previous episode. Although I want to know what the one is smoking calling him a wimpy protagonist.
Jan 24, 2011 4:41 PM

Apr 2010
Pretty good episode... I did good to keep watching this anime... then again episode 1 got me hooked anyway so hihihi...
Jan 24, 2011 5:25 PM

Jun 2008
I found the confession part to be so embarrasing and I kinda had enough of the I love you times a billion. It was cute at first but it got excessive (though don't get me wrong I like Rie)

Ryuuji did change his opinion too fast and that it was overly cliche but it still was a good episode (The freaking soudntrack made it feel so awesome)

From the preview, next episode is your typical beach episode *facepalms*

Jan 24, 2011 5:35 PM

Jun 2009
RYUUJI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! DAI~SUKI!
RYUUJI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! SUKI! DAI~SUKI!
THAT WAS THE BEST EPISODE.. HECK I LOVED IT.
The fighting scenes and music, everything was good.
And WOW even Ryuji is getting more into his acts and became a badass.

Jan 24, 2011 5:38 PM

Jun 2009
Animefanx3 said:
Omg Ryuuji was really awesome but what are Lost Precious really? Are they items that contains lotsaq energie/power? And what is a Breaker?? It's kinda annoying they don't explain it but I hope they will in the next episode...

I really like this anime, there's lotsa action, a bit comedy and romance ^^ Rose is kinda cute, I kinda like her, Ryuuji is really nice and Onyx is a great bad-ass :D I hope we'll see him again :)

To answer your questions about the Breakers and Lost Precious things.. Check the spoilers that I posted here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=281250&pages=7&show=120#msg10246257

Jan 24, 2011 5:42 PM

Dec 2010
Pretty exciting episode, the fight scenes and the music were great. Though I felt that the fight with the dragon felt like I dunno, it ended way too fast. Also Rose's confession was ridiculously cute!
Jan 24, 2011 6:04 PM
May 2010
Too cliche and cheesy for me guys, I had to keep my palm on my face for the entire second half of the episode.

Well, I hope it does get better. I'll watch the entire thing for the loli, even though there is absolutely nothing good about her.
Jan 24, 2011 6:29 PM

Apr 2010
My opinion of Ryuuji has also improved, and Rose is just too cute i almost died from her cuteness
Jan 24, 2011 6:32 PM

Aug 2010
10/10 :DDDDD

best anime this season. Holy hellll

+1 Soundtrack
+1 Rose cutness
+1 Dragon Wings
+1 Action
+1 "Awwwwwww :]" Romance

I'm just. In love with this show as of right now. The pacing is phenomenal.
Jan 24, 2011 6:51 PM

May 2009
I loved this episode - well, at least the last 2/3 of it. Ryuuji got over his loser attitude phase rather quickly. Then give him a super high-end weapon (thanks mom & dad!) and suddenly it gets pretty badass. And that was before "Engage" lol. Nice action. Whenever I hear "Ryuuji" with that voice, I still can't help but think Shana. Still, the two scenes where Rose puts "I love you" on an infinite loop were perfection. Very cute.
Jan 24, 2011 7:28 PM

Nov 2008
It might be cliche, but I still like it. Them confessing to each other this fast was a surprise, but at least no girls will get in the way. So far I'm enjoying the anime and that's all that matters.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jan 24, 2011 7:41 PM

Oct 2009
Suki, suki, suki, suki... suki, suki, suki... suki, suki, suki...

...suki, suki, suki!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2011 7:42 PM

Sep 2009
DoubleDango said:

...suki, suki, suki!

lol too much love ...
Jan 24, 2011 9:03 PM

Jan 2009
Dang that BGM towards the end was epic, in fact that whole entire last scene was epic!

And
BlackSnake56 said:
DoubleDango said:

...suki, suki, suki!

lol too much love ...

Lol too much love can get someone killed......by a giant black dragon lol.
Jan 24, 2011 9:03 PM

Feb 2008
Much better than the last episode, but eh. I'm still not feeling it.

suki suki, etc.
Jan 24, 2011 9:06 PM
Mar 2010
a black dragon got beat in like one shot... lol?
Jan 24, 2011 9:29 PM

Apr 2010
Telepathy thing was some pretty big faggotry. I would have been fine with it if the mouths didn't open making them look like idiots. ACTUALLY TALK OR CLOSE YO MOUTH.

Lost precious become alot more interesting, ryuji becomes less pathetic. Him conveniently remembering things is lame though.

The sound track to this show however, is so damn good. I love all the songs :P Battle scene was well done, and overall the episode was entertaining. Really need to tone down the cute rie voice though. I adore her, but jesus man I can only hear I love you! with her high voice so many times before I goes from cute to more annoying then athletes feet ya dig?

8/10
Jan 24, 2011 9:32 PM
Oct 2010
Not the most original show, but I really enjoy it despite that. You know what I love the most though? THE SOUNDTRACK!!! The show's epic, but that ost is a freaking masterpiece imo. Even background music in regular domestic scenes is just amazing. Can't get over the music.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 28, 2011

178 by slepice24 »»
Mar 29, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sirwence - Feb 21, 2011

65 by OweynLupton »»
May 26, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 10, 2011

159 by White_Alice »»
May 22, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Feb 7, 2011

85 by Skirroz98_NL »»
May 26, 2022 2:37 AM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Mar 21, 2011

82 by Ashhk »»
Apr 18, 2021 6:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.