Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2011 10:30 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, kind of weak start however I've never seen something like this before. Seriously, turning trash into trees? That's at least quite original~ But the episode wasn't too much interesting for me.
Anyway, I'm gonna continue this a little bit~ I'm kind of curious how'll this turn out~
May 15, 2011 5:54 AM

Aug 2008
Yeah, it was kind of ridiculous. And I don't even mean Ueki's power. Plot was all over the place. Some generic villain here, whiny kid there and other random guy to make it even more weird. Well, let's see how it turns out later.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 4, 2011 9:55 PM

Jul 2010
extremly confusing, no direction, but for som reason this anime is drawing me in, especially with the 3 characters,
i dont know weather ueki is a cool bad@$$ or som stupid idiot, and i particularly find the girl interesting, i feel as if i've seen her type of character somewhere else....
and why is the girl the only one that notices this? or is she just the last one to find out?

Aug 10, 2011 5:00 AM

Jun 2011
This is probably the weakest starting episode ever made.
Feb 25, 2013 8:19 PM

Apr 2012
WTF?! It's moving way too fast! The plot doesn't give you enough time to identify with the characters, as a result you don't really care what happens to them. Ueki didn't help things either by being an expressionless statue. To top it all off the dub was horrible, it was so bad I had to make sure it wasn't Stephen Foster directing it. Assuming the sub would be better the story still sucks so I'm gonna drop it.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Mar 3, 2013 4:15 PM

Nov 2011
Meh start. Didn't get much out of it and Ai is fucking annoying. Hopefully it will swift around a bit.
Jan 3, 2014 1:48 PM

May 2013
I see potential
Aug 17, 2015 12:47 PM

Jan 2015
Dissent said:
This is probably the weakest starting episode ever made.

This. Instant drop.
HapHazrDAug 17, 2015 12:51 PM
Sep 29, 2015 5:43 AM

May 2014
One of the wierdest 1st eps I ever saw
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 26, 2016 7:12 PM

May 2008
It's definitely different; most of other anime start off with a strong first episode. This one starts with a terrible one; rushed and mostly exposition.

I'll give it another two episodes to see if it can do better.
Feb 15, 2018 10:19 AM

Feb 2013
Weird power, he needs trash and he loses his talents if he hits someone with it, that's too much.
What a start, a really lame minor villain from the start.
Sep 26, 2018 4:20 PM

Jul 2014
It's not the greatest start but I must say that I found this anime by mistake. (I needed a break before finishing bleach lol)
I don't know why people find Ai annoying from the start, I feel like she's confused and pretty cute.
Lame first villain I must say, and it's pretty rushed. I just hope this anime will have some kind of plot. Cause I enjoy the vibe of it I think.
Also the "losing his talent" stuff is wierd but I'm not complaining.
Ueki is... Interesting to say the least. I should've counted his sentences cause I'm pretty sure Sakura talked more lol.
"That smile was like the sun on a hot summer day...with eyes like ice."
Sep 25, 2019 2:14 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Strong start for me !
Transforming trash into trees lmao this anime looks so fun.
Oct 16, 2019 4:08 AM

Mar 2019
Very good start !
I love Ueki's power its original
Mar 24, 2020 9:55 AM

Sep 2018
The doctor was a pretty weak villain, but I couldn't help loving how over the top he was. Seriously, hiring thugs to chase kids who smeared shit on your car is excessive enough, but the moment he nonchalantly grabbed a fucking whip he just happened to be carrying around in case something like this happened was hilarious. Seriously, he just started whipping a bunch of kids in broad daylight and no one seemed to notice or give a shit, then chained them up and tried to run them over and still nobody cared. And then his car turned out to have a jet engine tucked away? Genius.
May 5, 2021 12:41 AM
Dec 2018
This episode was pretty weak but it brought up interesting concepts like the MC's superpower, also Ai is waifu material although she is in 7th Grade. :( A lot of the character motivations are not clearly explained and the characters are somewhat bland right now. MC's superpower is basically restorative justice, a mix between Gold Experience and Crazy Diamond, basically he can restore plant life or turn torn up junk into plant life. I hope the rest of the characters have crazy stand like abilities that would keep this interesting. The morality in this anime seems like normal cliché shounen morality. Hopefully, this gets better because this episode was a 3.7/10

More topics from this board

» What do you like about the show?

gents - Mar 16, 2023

3 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 14, 9:19 PM

» Poor series composition?

GakutoDeathGlare - Mar 12

2 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 13, 2:17 PM

Poll: » The Law of Ueki Episode 3 Discussion

sayami - Jan 6, 2011

9 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 10, 1:43 AM

» Robert's backstory

Jai_akash - Jan 25

1 by Daninokuni »»
Jan 25, 2:25 PM

» Help: The Law of Ueki filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 27, 2023

2 by Refat_The_Distra »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.