Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 15, 2010 9:34 AM

Sep 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
They arrived sure fast.

But poor (???) Sanji, being surrounded by so many beautiful mermaids
belarionDec 15, 2010 9:37 AM
Devils don't ask Gods for favors!
My Youtube Channel with german Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/belarion87
LP: SMW Hacks, Terranigma 2, Aquaria
Dec 15, 2010 9:37 AM

Nov 2009
LOL Sanji was ridiculous this chapter. XD

"NEGATIVE?! Accept your happiness, Sanji!!"
Can't wait to see the captain of the New Fishman pirates! He looks like Arlong :o
Dec 15, 2010 9:42 AM

Feb 2010
lot of fanservice :D stay strong sanji well i guess this dude is the new ruler of FI.
Dec 15, 2010 9:47 AM

Jul 2008
"This is all blue" XD
Oda really loves splitting the team up though, really... he just had a mini split up in the sea, now he does it again? Bleh.
Looks like Arlong's relative though.
Dec 15, 2010 9:56 AM

Jul 2008
loved the chapter as always. Sanji was hilarious. He's doing quite well by not losing any blood yet. I wonder if the new leader is a relative to Arlong because they kind of look alike.

Dec 15, 2010 9:56 AM

Sep 2007
I want to go to Mermaid Cove too.
Dec 15, 2010 10:19 AM

Jan 2009
I want a fishman to join there crew...so badly ><
Dec 15, 2010 10:23 AM

Dec 2007
Dec 15, 2010 10:26 AM

Apr 2009
wow the last panel looked awesome.. seems like a new villain is coming up..

he looks like Blackbeard..

wonder what powers will he have..

and damn this arc will be huge

bigger than water 7 that is
Dec 15, 2010 10:51 AM

Mar 2010
As always different entrance than normal humans XD
I hope Sanji will survive this XD
Shame the crew is splitted up :p
Next week won't be any chap?
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Dec 15, 2010 10:52 AM

Apr 2009
I wonder where are the rest of the crew, Fishman district?

smokes said:

and damn this arc will be huge
bigger than water 7 that is
Dec 15, 2010 11:10 AM

Apr 2009
StripFeeling said:

wat? who told you that?
its not the holidays yet
Dec 15, 2010 11:15 AM

Mar 2009
wish the crew didn't keep splitting up, its always takes twice as long to get through everything, still betting on a fishman with a logia type devil fruit, so hes a fishman that cant swim joining the crew
Dec 15, 2010 11:19 AM
Jul 2018
Awesome chapter

Sanji = GOD

The mermaids were drawn beautifully. Worth the wait after all. The crew is again separated and seems like some 'big bro' of Arlong has appeared and he'll be the villain for this arc
Dec 15, 2010 11:20 AM

Jul 2008
hJ said:
The mermaids were drawn beautifully.

Minus the one with the hilariously wide face.
Dec 15, 2010 11:23 AM

May 2010
BakaKawaii said:
"This is all blue" XD
Oda really loves splitting the team up though, really... he just had a mini split up in the sea, now he does it again? Bleh.

Heh, thought the same thing as well. It's quite interesting that the other group is all of the most recent members + Zoro. Hopefully, we'll get a bit of development for Brooks there.

Also, yay Caribou again !

smokes said:
wow the last panel looked awesome.. seems like a new villain is coming up..

he looks like Blackbeard..

wonder what powers will he have..

Probably nothing special, to be honest. There's no reason for Fishmen to be interested in Devil Fruits (though that'd be a pretty funny concept for a character). Jinbei, supposedly one of the strongest fishguys out there, doesn't appear to be able to do flashy stuff, except pummel shit and speak with fish. I guess the BBEG for this arc, if he's a Fishman, will probably make up for it with a special weapon or something.
We obviously don't have much on him right now, but he has some kind of ball floating in front of him ? Perhaps he's designed after these deep-sea fishes with a kind-of lantern on the head. Guess it shoots lasers or something.
Dec 15, 2010 11:24 AM
Jul 2018
BakaKawaii said:
hJ said:
The mermaids were drawn beautifully.

Minus the one with the hilariously wide face.

Well I just hope we don't get anymore like Kokorou oba-chan :P
Dec 15, 2010 11:25 AM

Sep 2010
lol for Keimi's soup,, how come cold soup could warm someone rofl
and this is surely paradise for Sanji remembering his last 2 years,, rofl again

however,, this smells like a beginning of a very big arc ;D
Dec 15, 2010 11:29 AM
Sep 2007
Most likely its Arlongs brother.
Hi
Dec 15, 2010 11:35 AM

Aug 2009
dang the strawhats are always split up. One side is probably going to be in danger.
Dec 15, 2010 12:07 PM

Aug 2008
I don't know what's wrong with Oda. There's no way Sanji should be able to handle a half dozen mermaids at once. He should obviously be dead. These power levels are so skewed. :-P

Dec 15, 2010 12:19 PM

Nov 2009
Sanji finally gets to be surrounded by a bunch of great looking mermaids, he should get over the past and 'accept his happiness'

I wonder what exactly happened to the others that got split up from Luffy.
Dec 15, 2010 12:25 PM

Jul 2010
Sanij was funny as always. this is all blue > ftw
i thought once again there will be old hags ugly faces mermaids to put a cold water on sanji dreams but i'm glad we got some good fanservice. also sanji survived after watching such a great view. i was waiting for a great nosebleed but he withstood that. well-done sanji.

i agree, new villain look like blackbeard little bit. waiting for some fights with luffy haki.
Dec 15, 2010 12:37 PM

Apr 2009
BakaKawaii said:
. he just had a mini split up in the sea, now he does it again? Bleh.

lol its just a motive to 'explore' the island..

this way we'll see the island from a big view.. ( putting all in a place then exploring would take too long)

plus its way more interesting when they are separated =))
Dec 15, 2010 1:00 PM
Sep 2010
So the Strawhats are split up yet again. Hopefully the rest of the crew is all right.

Sanji was hilarious in this chapter. My top three Sanji moments are (1) when Luffy had commented and said that Sanji seemed to be crying more than when he left the Baratie (2) When Sanji declared that the mermaid cove was All Blue (3) When a mermaid asked Sanji to dance in the sea together and he became depressed saying that he has no right to acquire such joy and today was the day that he needs to die. Sanji has been pretty hilarious since the time skip and I hope it doesn't change anytime soon.

Can't wait for the villan to be introduced.
Uploader53
Dec 15, 2010 1:05 PM

Jul 2008
Like when they were separated for countless chapters before?
No thanks.
I get that having a big old crew walking together in one group would be literally a crowd, but they've been back together for 5 minutes after over 2 years, all I see is Oda hating the group being together.
That and he can place one lot in the "dangerous" area whilst the others are safe, yay.
Meaning one group can go down and another can be a rescue mission.
Again, bleh.
Dec 15, 2010 1:20 PM

Jul 2006
Finally at Fishman Island, and it's delivering so far.

Dec 15, 2010 1:20 PM

Jan 2009
They know Luffy beat Arlong, so maybe that means Arlong came back to report? I'd like a rematch. But then Arlong vs Sanji or something, to show their (insane) growth.

I don't mind them being split up. More situations and conversations, so faster pace. Also, I wonder what role Caribou is gonna play here :)

I wouldn't mind a Fishman joining, but a fishman with a devil fruit meaning he can't swim would be a waste of space. Might as well get a non-fishman then!
Dec 15, 2010 1:27 PM

Apr 2009
^its expected since the island is so big..
its better this way imho..

and this happened once ..in thirller bark i remember this..i dont think he makes the same choice twice.. as you see every arc is different..

and btw who cares about this.. the awesome thing is that we'll get to see new characters and awesomeness in the future chapters :P
Dec 15, 2010 1:32 PM

Jan 2009
Doesn't he do this every arc? They were seperated in pretty much every area :P
JesuviusDec 15, 2010 2:31 PM
Dec 15, 2010 2:04 PM

Oct 2010
I wasn't expecting the mermaids to be so hot. I thought Oda was going to pull a fast one on Sanji.:p
Dec 15, 2010 2:34 PM

Mar 2009
The other group should be safe though with zoro, franky, brook , nami and robin. (that's IF they are together and not separated)

Can't wait to see Caribou again :P
Dec 15, 2010 2:38 PM
Mar 2010
No way the other group is in danger if Zoro is there... then again, he's probably lost all by himself, so who knows
Dec 15, 2010 3:14 PM

Oct 2009
Oda's underwater world is interesting.
Dec 15, 2010 3:21 PM

Jul 2009
"This is All Blue!"

Lol, I love Sanji. I agree with everyone saying that this is going to be a big arc; it's definitely set up for something special.

I wasn't that surprised that they were split up, though. Oda does it so often, you can almost expect it. I think it's his way of getting things moving.
Dec 15, 2010 5:16 PM

Nov 2009
LoL Sanji is so hilarious after he's back from nakama island !

The fishman in the ending looks really similar with Arlong. Only the nose is different ... maybe its Arlong brother of father ?
Dec 15, 2010 6:15 PM

Oct 2007
excellent chapter =)
Dec 15, 2010 6:56 PM

May 2010
Sanji looks really stupid hahaha, anyway i wonder where the other are !?

Dec 15, 2010 10:04 PM

Sep 2007
BakaKawaii said:

Yeah, it's sad to see the team split up again just after they got back together. Hopefully they will get back together just as quickly :3

Yeah, I was thinking he might be Arlong's older brother...maybe? The shadowed Noah sure looked a lot like Arlong. Poor Nami, I'm sure she doesn't want to see that face again. :(
Dec 15, 2010 10:13 PM
Oct 2007
Said this in another forums already, since they were arguing about if the last guy was Arlong or not. So my 2 cents on it MIGHT be arlong

Joel said:

yoyoyo, I just thought of something

http://www.mangareader.net/103-2656-8/one-piece/chapter-549.html

if you read, Jimbe was thinking about Arlong, but decided that thinking about Ace was more important.

When I read it before, I thought he was thinking about asking Luffy to forgive his race

But a couple of pages earlier, Jimbe said "I know my race is violent" and blah, and he really doesnt seem too attached to how his race looks to other people

So then I thought... What if Jimbe was actually going to say that he saw arlong escaping with them, but never got a chance to tell luffy, and was more concerned about saving ace than hunting down Arlong again?

or something along these lines?

Yes? No?

this being about if he has the chance of being there (people think he escaped from low lvls of impel down)

says nothing definite, but its a possibility
Dec 15, 2010 10:32 PM

Oct 2008
MAJOR FKING ROFL AT SANJI

Ahhh, poor guy, but so hilarious. <3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 16, 2010 4:02 AM

Jun 2008
Sanji finally found "All Blue". lol!!

That guy in the end is probably some relative of Arlong, brother or something.
I don't think we are gonna have a good fight with this guy. His probably quite weaker that Luffy and Oda is gonna pull some tricks like Luffy ending up in the sea and staff to make it interesting.
Dec 16, 2010 4:14 AM

Jun 2007
Pretty much the greatest manga ever. How Oda keeps thinking up crazy places like this is beyond me.
Dec 16, 2010 5:05 AM

Mar 2010
smokes said:
StripFeeling said:

wat? who told you that?
its not the holidays yet

Fufufu~ You save my day ~♪
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Dec 16, 2010 5:12 AM
Jul 2018
I don't know why people are hating the 'Separation' that much. It is just another hint to the fact that they have personal dreams aside than the main one as well. They're blend perfectly as a team, but their habits and hobbies are entirely different from each other. And It is always interesting to see who will take the lead or what action will they take if Luffy ain't there.

We can't see these aspects if they are together all the time
Dec 16, 2010 6:37 AM

May 2007
BakaKawaii said:
Like when they were separated for countless chapters before?
No thanks.
I get that having a big old crew walking together in one group would be literally a crowd, but they've been back together for 5 minutes after over 2 years, all I see is Oda hating the group being together.
That and he can place one lot in the "dangerous" area whilst the others are safe, yay.
Meaning one group can go down and another can be a rescue mission.
Again, bleh.

You guys do realize that keeping the entire crew together, giving them all enough screen time and also move the plot forward is almost impossible to do in like 16-19 pages? Well, at least I think that's almost impossible. Having 9 main characters has its pros and cons. Anyway, yes, Oda is separating the crew, but its not like they are always separated into the same group or what not. So we get to see them interact with different people as well. I honestly don't see a problem with it. And as people have stated above me, separating the crew allows Oda to show different places of Fishman Island at the same time and allows him to create multiple sub-plot lines at the same time. It makes perfect sense for me to do it in this fashion.
Dec 16, 2010 6:39 AM

May 2010
StripFeeling said:
smokes said:
StripFeeling said:

wat? who told you that?
its not the holidays yet

Fufufu~ You save my day ~♪

Err, actually, if you look at the end of this week's Bleach chapter, it says that Jump will be on break next week. Kinda strange it doesn't appear in the other chapters though.
Dec 16, 2010 6:51 AM

Jul 2008
Well yeah, the recent chapters show that pacing with such a big crew is hard to handle very nicely. I just wanted to see more crew interaction before he went and split them up again. There were no stories, no singing, I wanted more Luffy / Zoro hilarity, but now I have to wait again.
Dec 16, 2010 7:01 AM

Jun 2009
At least they manged to get in mermaid Iceland, and Sanjis face:P

Splitting up again an it seems someone new(boss,Arlong maybe??) showed up! :)
cant wait to next ch >.!

Dec 16, 2010 7:30 AM

Jun 2007
People complaining about the crew splitting up? I always like those moments.
And it's not as if it's always the same people that end up together.

Have we seen Luffy Sanji Usopp and Chopper in 1 team before?
Doing it like this gives Oda a great chance to have characters that don't usually interact much a moment to actually do so.

I just hope Nami doesn't end up getting kidnapped again lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

88 by Legal1234 »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

37 by Piri-17 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1000 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SuperRed - Dec 26, 2020

139 by yoko-_- »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

33 by selasgamer »»
Yesterday, 2:28 PM

Poll: » You Favourite One Piece Opening?!

UnstableBrat - May 7

21 by kihel »»
May 12, 9:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.