Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2010 12:21 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
Apr 26, 2011 7:28 AM

Feb 2009
So Hyoga died. Yeah right...
Jul 31, 2011 9:16 PM

Dec 2009
Veethorn said:

Hahaha I thought the same thing
Aug 7, 2013 8:48 AM

May 2008
Camus tricked us, but it would have been too easy for Hyoga to get to the second temple just like that.

Seriously what a melodrama with his mother. And at the end he acted out the Dance of the Dying Swan -___- I thought we finally get a Hyoga episode and he'd be useful, but no luck. I doubt he is dead though~
sayamiAug 7, 2013 3:43 PM
Aug 30, 2013 3:12 PM

Nov 2012
We all know that the creators like to torture Hyoga :P
BUT! Crystal Saint is actually an anime original character, so Aquarius Saint Camus is actually his real Master.
Apr 16, 2015 10:26 PM

May 2009
Hyoga gave up way too easily! He better come back and fight back, the jerk!
May 15, 2015 8:35 PM

Jan 2011
Mon_Diamond said:
Veethorn said:

Hahaha I thought the same thing

I think Camus' attack is one that creates the illusion of death for the person..so because Hyoga gave up and decided to join "Mama", it seems like he's dead? Either way, I think igniting his cosmos and realizing that seventh sense is what's going to save him.

And Athena is FULL OF CRAP and could have helped him out just like she helped Seiya when he almost died from the Taurus saint a few episodes back..but instead, she is playing dead while people risk their lives to save her.

-____-
Aug 31, 2016 2:10 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
THIS EPISODE MADE ME CRY HARD!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Nov 16, 2017 6:56 AM

Nov 2012
Really cheapens this episode when you know with basically 100% certainty that Hyoga is gonna get revived somehow.
Dec 19, 2017 6:09 AM

Dec 2016
Gaiking said:
THIS EPISODE MADE ME CRY HARD!

The emotional impact in this episode would be even greater if the anime kept the original story of Camus being Hyoga's master... well... the Saint Seiya fans consider Camus his real master anyway. Crystal Saint is filler.
Dec 20, 2017 4:04 AM

Jun 2016
Okay, the heads up in this thread make sense to me. I had assumed Crystal Saint was his master, and Camus was actually Hyoga's father or something who happened to train Crystal Saint. He has similar hair, eyes, and facial structure and Hyoga's mom has blonde hair. On top of that he knew about Hyoga's mom. All of this really made me think it was the case. But Camus also being the original master makes sense too.

This episode was really good. I am expecting Hyoga to come back to life, and will probably be spoiled if he does by the thumbnails on crunchyroll, but it was still shocking to see it happen. The way Camus treated Hyoga like an insect and even blew up his mom's ship was hardcore. I wonder if he truly did that to the ship or not. As always the funeral scene was fantastic. It was heartbreaking how Camus finished off Hyoga and immediately dropped his tough act. Everyone feels his cosmos die out and trembling and crying Camus gives Hyoga a funeral apologizing for what he's done to both Hyoga and Crystal Saint. Funerals in Saint Seiya may not always be for a permanent death, but they're always a touching experience where we see human emotions burst out of our cast in a humanizing way.
The way Camus came into the anime felt abrupt, alike that of Ohko for instance, but apart from coming out of nowhere it fit in pretty well. Really enjoyed this.
Dec 20, 2017 5:31 AM

Dec 2015
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
I had assumed Camus was actually Hyoga's father

It wasn't mentioned in the anime, but we actually know the father of everyone of the "orphans", it was Kido Mitsumasa who "sent his own flesh to the altar" like some biblical patriarch.

In the anime, Camus is indeed Crystal's master, or the master of the master of Hyôga if you prefer (well, until it's simply scratched out of the continuity/ignored like many other changes of the early episodes)

PS: Ohko, if this is the second student of Dohko, the old man of Rôzan, is another anime invention to gain time. (the anime was decided in the early beginning of the comic)
Sep 13, 2019 9:58 AM
Apr 2019
Really Nice episode , especially the last 4 minutes, which pulled my heart strings really well and made me cry a lot
Aug 13, 2022 5:35 AM
Dec 2013
Fuck sake, the title of the episode spoiled Hyoga's death for me. Wish I had looked away before the title of the episode came up. Really hoping that he actually does come back to life now, because I am pissed off that the title of the episode spoiled the death for me, but this isn't Dragon Ball where they can just wish people back to life, so Hyoga coming back to life seems unlikely.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 31 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 2, 2010

11 by JVskunkape »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your favorite Gold Saint?

removed-user - Aug 12, 2022

18 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 24, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 104 Discussion

Albi-kun - Mar 19, 2015

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 105 Discussion

Monad - Dec 9, 2013

7 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 112 Discussion

Monad - Jan 13, 2014

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.