Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 18, 2010 4:46 AM

Nov 2009
Conqueringgodess said:
Fai said:
ChronosXIII said:
Last 5 pages or so was the main plot driver. Looks like Ichigo is regaining his reiatsu somehow and his dad might be connected to that. Karin walking into Urahara's shop was unexpected though.

Actually this got me thinking...

1. Is it actually reiatsu or some sort of higher level spiritual power as result of mugetsu? MAybe Ichigo IS still evolving as result of mugetsu. he traded his shinigami and hollow powers for something higher?
2. How did Karin know of Urahara. Its quite obvious Ichigo never told about him. And Urahara was way too serious for someone he met the first time. That alongside the "you know nothing about your family" part is ominous.

come to think of it, Ururu is also going to school (1st time seen), could it bcos is Ururu so Karin know Urahara

(They been together once (along with Jinta), the 'Karakura Superhero' shit that Don Kanoji put)

The badge, it's the badge.
Nov 18, 2010 5:22 AM

Apr 2009
Soulstrider said:

Lot's of things in a page doesn't necessarily mean better art,bleach's blank pages are blank not because he is lazy but because it is is style, I actually really like the use of blank spaces because it gives a cleaner and solid look, sometimes when a mangaka tries to put a lot into is pages things turn out to be a mess, look at D-Gray Man for example.

dude i dont talk about his style :)
i dont care about white panels

i am talking about HIS drawings..
look at the pics with Aizen.. he is merely trying to draw them :D
he is lazy)
(and did you watched the last OP image i gave to you ? :D that is awesome art there)
Nov 18, 2010 6:01 AM

Nov 2009
there wasn't so much development in this chapter, but at least soon we will know more about kurosaki's family :).
Nov 18, 2010 6:05 AM
Nov 2010
okay,about the latest chapter. there are a lot of things in my mind thats left unanswered. Firstly,who the hell is the guy eating ramen and how did he know kurosaki's dad. its obvious that whats happening is not coincidence at all. and what does kasin need for urahara?hmm..I bet urahara knows something..oh well,better wait for the next chapter..
Nov 18, 2010 6:34 AM

Jul 2009
smokes said:
Soulstrider said:

Lot's of things in a page doesn't necessarily mean better art,bleach's blank pages are blank not because he is lazy but because it is is style, I actually really like the use of blank spaces because it gives a cleaner and solid look, sometimes when a mangaka tries to put a lot into is pages things turn out to be a mess, look at D-Gray Man for example.

he is lazy)
(and did you watched the last OP image i gave to you ? :D that is awesome art there)

I think that Kubo lacks variation in his character designs. I mean, apart from the drastically different characters like Chad, Coolhorn, etc, many of the characters look the same:
Ishida looks like Nanao. Bishi-Zangetsu, Aizen, and Byakuya look pretty similar. Aizen and Ramen guy. Ichigo, Hisagi, and Kaien are obviously triplets separated at birth. etc.

It's like Kubo has a few base faces he can draw, and then spams them to most of his characters. He seems to use very basic poses as well...sometimes people are just standing around (or we get the infamous last panel foot XD). I think Kubo could do much better if he tried, but since his fanboys seem to be satisfied with his rubbish, why should he bother to put any effort in?
Nov 18, 2010 6:43 AM

Sep 2008
Fai said:
JoshOfRJNN said:
Fai said:
Not to mention that we would fianlly see the water powers of suigetsu, because Ichigo's personality would make the sword gain some more direct, close-combat powers.

lolwut. Have you been paying any attention to this manga? Kyouka Suigetsu doesn't have water powers. It was an illusion set up by Aizen so he could be part of the Gotei 13. Suigetsu = illusions. In no way does it = water.

Yes but his name suggests that the sword itself is water-element-based weapon(his sword name dirrectly translates as Mirror Flower Water Moon).

that name means illusion, a flower in a mirror, or a moon reflected on the water
Nov 18, 2010 6:54 AM

Jun 2008
A little more interesting that previous chapters but nothing really exciting yet.

So here is the true story for all that are interested.
Nov 18, 2010 7:30 AM

Jul 2009
Monad said:
A little more interesting that previous chapters but nothing really exciting yet.

...This is so close to being the rest of the manga. I think I'm going to cry.
Nov 18, 2010 7:36 AM

Sep 2009
Monad said:

lololol xD

i'm going to cry too
Nov 18, 2010 9:57 AM

Mar 2010
Monad said:

I got a feeling the rest won't even be as good as this.

Nov 18, 2010 10:04 AM

Aug 2010
Anyone care about what job orihime has?? anyone?? NO! lol. As if it matters.

It's good to see Urahara back again. The look in his eyes at the end of the chapter give's you the excitement of something good about to happen.
Nov 18, 2010 10:18 AM

Nov 2008
BlackSnake56 said:

lololol xD

i'm going to cry too

The manga is already making me cry.. I mean "WHO IS RAMEN GUY" .. honestly I do not even care.. hes a douche he likes Ramen... There are 'mysterious circumstances" surrounding a family thats both human and shinigami ? Really? *eye roll* GET ON WITH IT
Nov 18, 2010 10:22 AM

Jul 2010
Monad said:

Amazing. its better than bleach plot.. . hax.
Nov 18, 2010 10:56 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Ichigo wouldn't be bad friends with Melo. :P

Nov 18, 2010 11:26 AM

Sep 2008
smokes said:
Soulstrider said:

he is lazy)

you take out the worst bleach drawings and the most beautiful one piece drawings, although i only mean the drawing under water, the other ones weren't that impressive.

and may bleach not have the best art from the Shonen Jump Three, it will always be way way way way way better than naruto, which is not drawn with so much style/passion like bleach or one piece

May 2010
when this starts to move on? :S

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Feb 2010
sakuratsunade said:

Babels said:

Anyway, I don't think that reiatsu is ichigo himself. I think it was the shinigami badge.

the bagde that "wasn't there" until awhile ago? Hmmm

No, it was there until a while ago- it's gone now, which Ishida and Orihime find strange.
http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/24808686/5
Also, Monad you're right.
BabelsNov 18, 2010 11:30 AM
Nov 18, 2010 11:51 AM
Apr 2010
Meh was an ok chapter then end had me wanting more though.
lol Inoue(?) is as random as ever ;)
Good to see jinta & that girl back,hat'n clogs finally shown too,hasn't changed a bit ;)
I wonder what Mr.Ramen wants with Isshin..
Nov 18, 2010 1:03 PM

Apr 2009
nijlpaard87 said:

you take out the worst bleach drawings and the most beautiful one piece drawings, although i only mean the drawing under water, the other ones weren't that impressive.

dunno, naruto drawings is actually normal.. thoughi dont like the faces..
( and i didnt took the worse bleach drawings, those where in the last arc where the main arc ended.. which was important.. (if you look at the other onepiece double spreads they are also beautiful.. ofcourse not from first chapters, since its from 1997. his art is improving constantly..
Nov 18, 2010 1:36 PM

Jul 2010
smokes said:
(if you look at the other onepiece double spreads they are also beautiful.. ofcourse not from first chapters, since its from 1997. his art is improving constantly..

one piece art is great... but sometimes there are so much details in the background.. really hard to follow whats going on. for example in ace rescue arc. when everyone was fighting.
Nov 18, 2010 3:12 PM

Sep 2007
Given Urahara's reaction to Karin's appearance, I would say that she goes there regularly. Interesting. Leave it to Orihime to be the first to detect when something is wrong with Ichigo. A good setup for the next chapter. Let's see what Ramen guy knows about the Kurosaki family.
Nov 18, 2010 3:21 PM

Mar 2010
Seriousbznz said:
Monad said:

I got a feeling the rest won't even be as good as this.
That was epic but Kubo isn't that smart look at the Espada for one.
Nov 18, 2010 3:33 PM

Feb 2008
Expected the Ramen guy to come out with a classic "Since when were you under the impression...."

Cute chapter was cute. Can't even hate.
Nov 18, 2010 3:45 PM

Mar 2009
(Bleach is getting 'easier' to read while Naruto is getting 'harder').

Zomg she gonna bankai yo.
Nov 18, 2010 4:23 PM

Mar 2010
sukari said:

With Getsuga Tenshou
Nov 18, 2010 5:20 PM

Aug 2010
Too slow.
Nov 18, 2010 6:48 PM
Feb 2010
KantonKageX said:
sukari said:

With Getsuga Tenshou

Naw, she'll have her own sword that'll take the form of an amazingly hot woman and will teach her about life. :D She'll take over Ichigo as the main character though or at least become one of the main ones now~! (Lol that might actually happen)
Nov 18, 2010 6:54 PM

Aug 2008
*sigh* I won't say this was bad, just awkward. I haven't seen chemistry this bad since Ichigo met Ganju. That was a tad more entertaining though. I thought these two were gonna come to blows over meal options. @__@

Nov 18, 2010 7:11 PM

Jul 2008
Actually Karin has the potential to become a low level captain shinigami pretty soon, just like Ichigo did so she might be more usefull than let say... Rukia?
Nov 18, 2010 9:07 PM

Oct 2008
smokes said:

he is lazy)

Ya know, all of this constant talking about how lazy Tite Kubo's art usually is when drawing Bleach and that lack of details, wacky character designs and backgrounds automatically means he's lazy, made me think lately about Kubo's way of doing his artwork. So earlier today, I spent a bit of time observing the most recent manga volume of Bleach released, number 32 at a bookstore to check for any patterns in hs way of doing comic art. Now before I explain what I noticed, I want to first mention several of the main elements of creating a comic.

- Character designs
- Background settings
- poses/gestures
- Dialogue/thoughts/monologues (and all the bubbles, clouds, circles and squares that go with them)
- Sound effects
- Panels
- Coloring
- Penciling
- Inking
- Toning

Just to name a few. Now I listed all of these because I think when many people read manga, they overlook some of the above elements in comic art that I mentioned. And in the case of Bleach, I think people clearly overlook some of these elements (I'm just as guilty of doing it) after doing some observations.

What I first noticed is that whenever Kubo makes big panels about half-a-page or a full page and shows a character doing a certain gesture, big sound effects are usually shown and some sort of motion is supposedly happening among that character. The sound effects people may overlook because they can't read kanji and just assume it's not worth figuring out or a mere part of the drawing. But I think to express how loud and vast the sound is, Kubo makes the lettering big and stretches out throughout a panel, thus the panel itself needs to be large (the sound effects in the manga volumes I read are usually translated to english).

Also I believe the reader is suppose to imagine how the characters would be animated when say hair/clothing flows or rocks the way the character in that panel is moving, etc. Regarding the lack of background details, I think that's also a part of focusing on imagining how the character might be acting like when he/she's doing a pose or gesture or doing an internal monolgue rather than become too distracted by the details in the environment around that character. Though I will admit, while perspective or creating shapes without looking out of perspective (that drinking bottle in page 10 & 11 in the latest chapter for example) in general isn't the simplest concept to learn in art, Kubo does seem to draw simple square/rectangle-shapes in perspective. No octagonal, hexagonal buildings or elliptical shapes like vases or lamps and various types of bottles. Maybe he doesn't like having to draw that sort of thing.

For the record, everything I said were just theories of why Kubo does comic art the way he does. As for the comparison between other shonen Jump manga artist, namely comparing Tite Kubo to Eichiro Oda, let me remind you all that Oda is a living freak-of-nature as far as manga artists go. He has no problem drawing a manga with the most wackiest character designs out there and cluttering so many panels and characters/objects in a single page in EVERY chapter, every week for 10 years straight without taking a single break!! And he's only halfway done with One Piece!! He's still aiming for another 10 years!! All this while managing god knows what else in his life, including whatever else he has to contribute for Shonen Jump! Not even Ken Akamatsu can do that with Negima without needing to take a break every few weeks and he arguably adds just as much content in every panel and page in all of his chapters as Eichiro Oda if not more content! Oda just has a stupidly-insane, uniquely-IN-HUMAN level of stamina as far as making a career out of being a comic artist.

Seriously, can you imagine just anyone being able to do something like that especially when living in a society where regardless of how many hours people dedicate to their job, they feel dead tired and exhausted as soon as they get home?! The only other manga artist that could nearly as insane is Hiro Mashima who not only did 3 chapters in a single week a couple of weeks ago, but apparently also had time to import and play the english version of Red Dead Redemption with a translation dictionary before the Japanese version came out.
HypeathonNov 18, 2010 9:11 PM
Nov 19, 2010 5:53 AM

Apr 2009
^yeah, Fairy Tail art is also awesome.. ( about the 3 chapters thing, i know sometimes they have prepared 2-3 chapters ahead in shounen jump.. so probably he gave them all so he could play the game =)
still i compared kubo's art because bleach's art has the lowest art of all shounen stuff =\
its like beelzebub or worse.. comparing with the other Jump stuff.. (anyway lets stop the offtop)
Nov 19, 2010 6:43 AM

Jul 2010
smokes said:
its like beelzebub or worse.. comparing with the other Jump stuff.. (anyway lets stop the offtop)

I like kubo character designs but i agree about kubo other art style has too less details than any other manga out there. big panels, sometime its seem he merely tried to draw a panel with few lines. just like you posted that aizen pic. it take only a minute or two too finish bleach chapter. i think one piece one chapter is equal to bleach 3 chapters or maybe 4.. so there is really no comparison between belach and one piece art.

but beelzebub has a really good art.. alot better than bleach. there are very good details in the background, specially in fighting scenes and character designs are also good.
Nov 19, 2010 6:43 AM

Oct 2008
smokes said:
still i compared kubo's art because bleach's art has the lowest art of all shounen stuff

I was very well aware of why you made the comparison, but my point in typing all of that wasn't so I could understand what you mean. I typed all of that because I wanted to thrown in a few theories as to why Tite Kubo does comic art the way he does and that the go-to reason isn't neccesarily laziness. Seriously, I get Kubo's artwork isn't the most appealing as far as "quantity." But I've been getting a pet peeve when people think that when creators who don't give audiences exactly what they want, they automatically spew the word "laziness" based on little-to-no logic. Especially when not just Oda, but Kubo, Kishimoto and all of these other guys are doing 5-10+ year stories and not just one-shots while not attempting to jump into a train track or something when for all we know, they might not be earning THAT much money doing it (MAYBE Oda and Kishimoto are an exception as far as how successful their stories have become, I'm not totally sure).

Tsuki-Hime said:
it take only a minute or two too finish bleach chapter. i think one piece one chapter is equal to bleach 3 chapters or maybe 4..

It's possible that you're not reading Bleach the way Kubo hope people would. And I gotta ask, how old are all of you guys?! Seriously, not trying to be mean, but what is it with most of these criticisms toward a manga coming with so many spelling/grammar errors?! I mean, from my perspective it makes it a bit hard to take the criticisms that seriously.
HypeathonNov 19, 2010 6:49 AM
Nov 19, 2010 6:58 AM

Mar 2010
Mystery Mysteryyyyyyy
Nov 19, 2010 7:20 AM

Apr 2009
@Hypeathon well yeah, the word laziness may not fit, its just its so popular and ofcourse you will make notice at the art since its one of the big 3. ( you know the more popular it gets the more criticism it has)
about the spelling issues, dont mind that ( some are not from america you know)
Nov 19, 2010 7:26 AM

Oct 2008
smokes said:
about the spelling issues, dont mind that ( some are not from america you know)
Oh I know about that, it's just... you can freaking google for spell checking websites! *laughes*
Nov 19, 2010 7:49 AM

Feb 2010
@ Hypeathon:
I agree with what you said, actually, i sometimes get the impression that whoever posts something like boring and slow has actually read the chapter to troll afterwards in discussion threads or tried to break the record of the fastest chapter ever read.

IMO kubo draws the chapters with all his feelings to make them a bit epic (well, he said that he creates the fights while listening to rock music!) and that's why he draws every motion and fights in detail so he can deliver a sense of excitement and suspense from the action scenes. if you think about it a bit, in series like one piece or fairy tail, all we get from the action are mostly just one or two panels showing a single move which people skip through easily and when they try to read bleach in the same way they skip through most of the panels and they get the minimum enjoyment overall.

and as for the art, i agree that it's not the best manga ever (take the asistants into consideration too, it may be their fault as well knowing that mostly backgrounds are done by asistants) but as for it's overall character design and settings it's fairly good and he draws every monster and non-human beings pretty well. and the manga would be pretty confusing if it had much detail anyway.
Nov 19, 2010 8:08 AM

Mar 2010
I really wanted to scream "WTF!!?" when the talked about ramen/chocolate -.-' Damn I hope new chap will be better and I don't like idead shinigami Karin -.-
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Nov 19, 2010 8:26 AM

Jul 2009
Ok, now I'm really interested in what's going to come next (and I didn't think I'd be saying that about Bleach anytime soon)
Nov 19, 2010 12:57 PM

Jan 2010
Nov 19, 2010 8:25 PM

Nov 2009
Who doesn't walk around with their favorite food.

Actually this had a lot of plot in it but it was sort of anti-climactic. I mean we meet the guy, he asks about his dead which Ichigo reveals in the spot, and then his sister is at the shop.
Nov 19, 2010 8:43 PM

Jun 2009
Yokurama said:
Chapter was meh but i think its slowly starting to pick up...

Why the hell would you make an ALMOST TEN MINUTE LONG review on a chapter with barely any plot, that takes like 1 minute to read.
Nov 20, 2010 12:27 AM

Apr 2009
ShaunG said:
if you think about it a bit, in series like one piece or fairy tail, all we get from the action are mostly just one or two panels showing a single move which people skip through easily and when they try to read bleach in the same way they skip through most of the panels and they get the minimum enjoyment overall.

lol thats because luffy/natsu has like 5-6 different attacks where ichigo has only fucking 1 -_- ofc he will draw a page with his getsuga attack (you woulnd't like to see little panels with the same attack no?)
but as you said its also about his style...
Nov 21, 2010 9:59 AM

Jul 2008
I have to scratch my head at people hoping his sister will become a shinigami, seriously.
Tite has created monsters, if he'd kept the power levels reasonable, then sure.
However! He has not, and introducing a loligami who should very well be useless compared to all others (check renji, chad, and all the other cast who were overshadowed and left to rot and die) is a piss poor idea.
Yes, his family is special. Yes, Ichigo went from loser to loser who DEM's everyone. We do not want another Ichigo.

Other than that, I enjoyed this chapter, the food talk reminded me of lucky star.
Nov 21, 2010 2:21 PM

Apr 2009
^he will make her stronger than the others ofcourse (orihime etc)
Nov 21, 2010 2:26 PM
Jun 2008
BakaKawaii said:
I have to scratch my head at people hoping his sister will become a shinigami, seriously.
However! He has not, and introducing a loligami who should very well be useless compared to all others (check renji, chad, and all the other cast who were overshadowed and left to rot and die) is a piss poor idea.
Yes, his family is special. Yes, Ichigo went from loser to loser who DEM's everyone. We do not want another Ichigo.

Other than that, I enjoyed this chapter, the food talk reminded me of lucky star.

I think that thats one of bleach's problems. The power level of ichigo and Aizen kept growing exponential while the other main characters remaind the same. The gap in power 'should' be so big that even yamamoto/vizards/captains/vesto lords dont even matter in the upcoming power conflict.

But Ichigo has lost his powers, so maybe he will be somewhat weaker.

So what i'm hoping for is, is that kubo can make the side characters more important/stronger again, without a lame plot device(gonna be very hard:-P). I especially want so see more of Chads power, he's got the most interesting power.
Nov 21, 2010 3:37 PM

Jul 2008
reaght said:
I think that thats one of bleach's problems. The power level of ichigo and Aizen kept growing exponential while the other main characters remaind the same. The gap in power 'should' be so big that even yamamoto/vizards/captains/vesto lords dont even matter in the upcoming power conflict.

So what i'm hoping for is, is that kubo can make the side characters more important/stronger again, without a lame plot device(gonna be very hard:-P). I especially want so see more of Chads power, he's got the most interesting power.

He's not going to, I think. If we look at Isshin; he was shown as rusty after 20 years or so, but it was implied that he'd kept most of his powers / strength, soooo, I'd find it rather silly if Ichigo was given his powers back and neutered at the same time.
He just gave a little timeskip and just before it happened he had all captains thrashed like pretty dolls, Hitsugaya starting up training too. So I hope they're going to be stronger/ useful.
Nov 21, 2010 3:42 PM

Jul 2008
reaght said:
BakaKawaii said:

Like you said the gap in power between Ichigo and the rest of the cast was so big that only Yamato would have been able to stand a chance.
I think that the FGT is and will stay the moment where Ichigo was the strongest in the entire serie, the same way Ishida was as strong as a high tier captain with his final form.
They will makes everyone stronger yeah, but far from being as strong as the FGT and in counter part Ichigo will be weaker than his peak.

BUT....

I wouldn't be surprised if they 'discovered' a new release for zanpakutou which allow a shinigami to fuse with his sword, just like Ichigo did and that by the end of the show most people are suddenly able to use it, that's bleach after all.
Nov 22, 2010 11:49 PM

Jul 2009
^
^
^
^
Yeah agree with what most of yall said, definitely a problem with a power gap. i was happy to see ururu and urahara though, yoruichi please or at least more plot progression. reading bleach can be so frustrating.
Nov 23, 2010 10:15 PM

Dec 2008
OMG Ishida and Inoue sense that Ichigo is getting his spiritual powers back... Really Kubo? Do you think anyone would doubt that? Meh episode. It's good to see the direction for this arc though.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 200 Discussion

rebwaters - Jan 11, 2010

4 by Dattebayo2992 »»
Apr 29, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.