Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2010 9:23 AM

Jun 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
At least they provided decent closure at the end, all in all aside from the first few chapters, everything after was more psychological and not too visual by comparison.

Dec 29, 2010 2:24 AM
Feb 2010
BAHAHA, when I read this several years ago, I never knew it was drawn by Hiroaki Samura. Fancy that..
Sep 27, 2012 1:36 PM

Apr 2012
This is manga is not really something special and I mean.. come on.. 2 years for 8 chapters?
Jan 18, 2014 7:28 AM

Aug 2007
axuma said:
This is manga is not really something special and I mean.. come on.. 2 years for 8 chapters?

he was drawing blade of immortal also during the time. smh what else could you expect
Jan 31, 2014 8:31 AM
Feb 2010
Hes too busy masturbating to his suffering teenage girls to write
Dec 16, 2014 2:19 PM
Jul 2011
I've only read Blade of Immortal before this from Samura Hiroaki, was a big fan of that.

For only 8 chapters this was pretty good, what I noticed I like about Samura compared to some other seinen authors is how he handles subjects like this, you still get the graphic scenes but it's done in a...tasteful(?) way where other authors seems to somewhat take pleasure in doing those scenes which makes the deplication somewhat even more disturbing.

After the first 3 or so chapters there wasn't as much on panel rape scenes anymore but you still knew the horrible fate that the girls of each chapter was heading towards in the. The ending of some chapters just made my heart sink like Chapter 7 "Lost Wagtail" and Chapter 3 "Old Man's Remembrance" because you knew the hell the ladies was heading towards unknowingly.

What really shows the strength of Samura is his ability to make you see the story from many sides of the characters in the world the series takes place and how everything connects in an easily coherent way. I wasn't sure how Samura was going to make me be able to feel anything for the prisoners but Chapter 4 "A Family Shot" surprised me. Chapter 6 "Save Her Snowy Neck" was similar about the guards but that ending was probably the most predictable of them, still sad to see play out though.

The way Chapter 8 wrapped up and came back full circle to Chapter 1 with Cordella and Diana's story was nicely done and karma was handle to Bradherley family. This simply was a good quick read.
Dec 17, 2014 7:41 AM

Apr 2013
quite depressing but interesting
Jun 17, 2015 3:00 PM

Dec 2014
Well, this manga isn't for everyone, I can tell you that.

The fact that what went on during the Paschal Festival could happen even today is what makes this even more interesting.
Jun 19, 2015 3:56 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
If anyone can recall past horrors of history this manga becomes hauntingly real. Very interesting concept for a one shot volume and deeply tragic. At first i didn't think I'd like it, but I did. It was very harsh and gritty. I'll be honest by saying that my favourite chapters were the ones involving breaking the girls out of the prison. Even if those chapters met with unfortunate ends.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Aug 15, 2017 11:41 AM
May 2012
i wasn't expecting a happy ending, but that's alright.
really reminded me of the comfort women during world war 2.

aconite said:
Well, this manga isn't for everyone, I can tell you that.

The fact that what went on during the Paschal Festival could happen even today is what makes this even more interesting.

exactly.
May 12, 2018 2:41 AM

Sep 2009
@Nezperdian, ikr? Barely any action aside from first chapters.

I'm surprised that there weren't girls who'd survive longer. It would be nice to see a state of mind of a month-year survivor.
Aug 12, 2018 9:29 PM

Dec 2015
Well, I guess you could call that a somewhat happy ending...? This manga totally surprised me tbh, not sure if it was in a good way or a bad way...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 24, 2018 11:33 AM

Dec 2011
After all that I'm left feeling disappointed. We watched these girls suffer and I'm let down that there was no bigger emphasis on their salvation. I don't mean a rescuing, but an ending with an emotional impact to match the heaviness the first two chapters brought (especially the second). Something to make us feel more satisfied that the punishment was equal to the suffering? Perhaps if more attention was put back into the first girl and her suspicions since we brought it back full circle anyway. Or idk, the girl in the second chapter who lived with her friend dying and began that rumor. Maybe I'm just disappointed that the ending was a karma thing and not something caused by anyone in the story. Main guy behind all this was even k.o'd offscreen smh it's as if ending the festival wasn't as important as showing the girls being tortured.

Tengai said:
really reminded me of the comfort women during world war 2
I agree.
Dec 22, 2018 5:27 PM

May 2016
Years have passed after Diana Ford first boarded the coach and the despicable program was finally starting to backfire and decline because of World War 2 going on and all. It sucked that Marilla had to die when she was finally on the way to expose the whole project but at least Diana's friend was successful in the endeavor.

That angel ceiling repentance was pretty eerie and tragic but it surely wasn't enough to atone for what he'd done. That Allied Fighter pilot helped him out with that though.

Picked this one up because of an article about messed-up manga but this one made me bummed out more than anything else. Things might be different on the surface but the world still sucks underneath.

Oct 25, 2020 5:29 AM

Jul 2016
This final chapter gave this dreadful story a proper ending at least. The author tried to give some humanity to the Bradherley family's head but it was not enough to make it look like he really tried to atone for his sins.
There were a few positive points to this manga such as the art which was pretty good and the few moments the author decided to write characters with a shred of humanity and empathy to restore the little faith in humanity you might have left, but overall this wasn't a very well-written story IMO and the negative points overwhelm the positive.

The setting was horrifying and imagining this happening in real life just makes me feel sick but honestly that's not what I disliked the most about the manga. I didn't enjoy the episodic formula. However, the first two chapters were pretty shocking but from that point onward I just didn't feel anything anymore because it was like a deja vu since all the girls looked the same and I had no time to bond or get to know them. It still made me feel a little empty inside but the violence and cruelty in other manga such as Mikai no Hoshi had more impact and were somewhat more believable thanks to its setting. The characters also had the proper development in Mikai no Hoshi unlike in this manga.

4/10 Still terrifying to imagine that stuff like this can happen in real life but I just didn't like the way it was written. The characters behind the scandal also didn't get the punishment they deserved for all they did. I'm disappointed, I expected to find this more depressing.
INU4SH4Oct 25, 2020 5:48 AM
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Aug 14, 2021 7:40 PM

Jan 2017
I felt like this author was pretty good at telling short stories that work cohesively and stand well on their own. I've read a lot of manga recently where they tried short stories but they ended up rushed and fell flat so this was a refreshing change of pace. I was not as disappointed with the end as some of you guys were. It is war, things don't end nicely with everyone getting the justice they deserved. In the end this was a story about the girls and their lives, not about the head of the household. Their story ended with a whimper. No one got the true ending they deserved. It seems more realistic to me that way.
May 22, 2022 11:22 PM

Mar 2020
Kajo_Senpai69 said:
>the despicable program was finally starting to backfire and decline because of World War 2 going on and all.

>That angel ceiling repentance was pretty eerie and tragic but it surely wasn't enough to atone for what he'd done. That Allied Fighter pilot helped him out with that though.

Nah, you see...I know you wrote it 4 years ago, but I just finished the manga, so if you care to be corrected and still remember what it was about then...

>it was ww1, not 2. The flying zeppelin is the clue, they didn't use such planes in ww2. So it was about 30 years between the zeppelin incident and 1942 when the Bradherley family got killed...

>...by allied plane. Think about it. Why would allied plane returning from the war conveniently crash into their mansion and just kill them? it was staged. they were killed, assassinated by other people who took part in festival, to hush the truth.

So yeah. In the end, the project wasn't exposed because of ww1 censorship, most people who took part got away without punishment, and the main orchestrator was assassinated decades later so they can get away for good
Jun 24, 2022 6:19 PM

Apr 2018
This manga was just straight up garbage... edgy for the sake of being edgy, no substance whatsoever and a pathetic premise that goes nowhere

Disgusting.
Sep 24, 2022 8:45 PM
Sep 2022
It's the last chapter, and it ends the most disgusting shit I've read. May anyone who finds their pleasurable or enjoyable born in hell.
May 13, 2023 10:25 PM

Oct 2013
What bothered me throughout the whole series is that orphans in the late XIX century knew how to read and write, so unrealistic

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bradherley's Coach Chapter 2 Discussion

Beatnik - Dec 19, 2008

5 by R0rack »»
Mar 18, 2022 9:31 PM

Poll: » Bradherley's Coach Chapter 7 Discussion

SkyFade - Oct 5, 2010

6 by sourfrog »»
Aug 14, 2021 7:19 PM

Poll: » Bradherley's Coach Chapter 6 Discussion

SkyFade - Oct 5, 2010

3 by sourfrog »»
Aug 14, 2021 6:52 PM

Poll: » Bradherley's Coach Chapter 5 Discussion

SkyFade - Oct 5, 2010

5 by sourfrog »»
Aug 14, 2021 6:42 PM

Poll: » Bradherley's Coach Chapter 4 Discussion

SkyFade - Oct 5, 2010

3 by sourfrog »»
Aug 14, 2021 6:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.