Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 6, 2010 4:23 PM

Aug 2010
Zoro. <3
Oct 6, 2010 4:25 PM

Nov 2008
Luffy+ Haki= epic
Boa ftw..
And yeah Zorro cutting the ship in two.. (Baratie arc anyone? :O)
Oct 6, 2010 4:36 PM

Apr 2008
I never liked Franky and I don't like him now.
Zoro on the other hand........
Oct 6, 2010 4:58 PM

Jul 2010
hahaa this was awsomee!!
Oct 6, 2010 5:08 PM

Jan 2010
Should of messed up that fake a bit more.
Oh well... LOL
Oct 6, 2010 5:17 PM

Nov 2008
looks like im one of the few that kinda like franky's new look lol

epic chapter

and to the the person that asked why luffy dodged the bullet.......in the first 2 pages of the issue boa tells him not to make a scene so he doesnt draw attention......if he'd let the bullet bounce off himself it would've drawn more attention than using haki
Oct 6, 2010 5:18 PM

Aug 2009
la_tigra said:
Luffy+ Haki= epic
Boa ftw..
And yeah Zorro cutting the ship in two.. (Baratie arc anyone? :O)

when i saw that ship get cut in 2 first thing i though was mihawks cut in baratie arc and considering zoro's the apprentice, I wouldn't be surprised if he's learnt all of hawkeyes tricks

and seriously...considering how well pampered Luffy is with Boa, I'm surprised she didn't ask to be part of his team

lolz at chopper and fake strawhats falling out

as for the $400M bounty on Luffy's head, its understandable as even though he did what he did with the tenryuubito, Impel and WB vs WG war, he was still an ant compared to the big leagues(as everyone has kept mentioning)....I wouldn't be surprised if it goes up though after this new welcome arc once they gauge his new power level
Oct 6, 2010 5:21 PM

Jun 2008
TensaiShonen said:
and seriously...considering how well pampered Luffy is with Boa, I'm surprised she didn't ask to be part of his team

Boa's a Shichibukai and more importantly the Empress of the Kuja tribe so she can't exactly just say bye bye and join Luffy's crew just like that. Not that it'd seem either of them would even want anything like that.

Besides the up-and-coming Pirate King has quite an ally in the Kuja pirates now ;P
- TAH

"Even those with fortitude have joints."
Oct 6, 2010 5:31 PM

Jun 2008
Yeah Franky looks really weird but maybe those hands are detachable or something.

Zoro cool and all i don't think i like him more with one eye. Oda should have come up with a more inspiring change.

The big question right now is if Luffy and others are gonna meet the marines and have a battle. Against the Pacifistas and all, they will really have to show us some of their new tricks.

As about the bounty i doubt that is the real bounty and that impostor didn't just put another 100milion to make himself more scary. If the world government thought of him as dead then his bounty shouldn't have changed. Now that they will learn his alive and after he probably kicks Sentoumaru's ass, they will raise his bounty at 500-550mill.
MonadOct 6, 2010 7:02 PM
Oct 6, 2010 5:33 PM

Jun 2007
Damn that was an awesome chapter! I honestly thought, dont know why, Luffy would punch them all but with just Haki he got rid of them <3
I'm a little disappointed about Zoro's eye.

Oh and I love that Oda's drawing request covers!
Oct 6, 2010 6:18 PM

Aug 2009
did Boa wanted to come with Luffy or was she just giving that fake mustache to him? Also lol at the stuff Boa packed for him.
Oct 6, 2010 6:19 PM

Jan 2010
Oda is the best shonun person ever. He never has big let downs. Im indifferent about Franky's new look.

Zoro with one eye is ok. Hopefully its NOT a power up and he just lost it.

Chopper has become my least favorite character now. He is a freaking retard.

Luffy+Haki= monstorus. Can wait to see if he has another Gear and how much he has inproved over all.

Chapter 600 better be the big reuinion and topped off with a quit but epic batlle.
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

Oct 6, 2010 6:34 PM

Oct 2008
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Zoro, the same old Zoro. xD

I'm not a fan of him being one-eyed though. :(
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 6, 2010 6:38 PM

Feb 2008
epic chapter 600 battle = sentoumaru + pacfistas vs fake sh's + crew of 100 vs the strawhats in three way battle?

that would be great.
Oct 6, 2010 7:31 PM

Sep 2007
Personally, I love everyone's new looks! Even Franky! Yush! And while Chopper is retarded, he is the team pet so we don't expect much from him anyways. :D (Hahaha I know he tries though)

I'm really hoping for some epic battles coming up soon!
Oct 6, 2010 8:21 PM

Jul 2008
Awesome chapter, loved every page of it!
"500 pairs of clothes; 1000 Lunchboxes; 5 years worth of handkerchiefs, tissues and towels; 3 years of drinkable water, snacks and silverware..."
Holy crap. Lol'd for a good long while at that >.<

Best part was when Zoro showed up right at the end, god i had a fan-gasm at his awesomeness!
Oct 6, 2010 8:29 PM

Nov 2008
tofupika said:
Personally, I love everyone's new looks! Even Franky! Yush! And while Chopper is retarded, he is the team pet so we don't expect much from him anyways. :D (Hahaha I know he tries though)

I'm really hoping for some epic battles coming up soon!

+1 but dont pick a fight with the team pet lol xD
Oct 6, 2010 9:07 PM

Nov 2007
zoro scar on the left eye oda should have kept it on the right side. zoro looks like a kakashi knock off. well i hope its gone for good and not some power up when he opens it.
Oct 6, 2010 9:30 PM

Dec 2007
Zoro was fucking awesome in this chapters last page!!

check out my review in detail of the chapter here on YouTube!
Oct 6, 2010 10:20 PM

May 2010
now zorro looks REALLY REALLY COOL,i like his new looks !

Oct 6, 2010 10:27 PM

Jul 2010
I reckon that Zoro might have lost that eye from fighting Mihawk
Oct 6, 2010 10:31 PM
Jan 2010
I hate that zoro lost an eye. imo it woulda been better that he lost an arm instead of an eye cuz then franky can replace that arm. but he cant replace the eye. I hope next weeks chapter will be extra long. and chopper is getting annoying. franky looks weird with those arms. and i kinda figured they the SH's would probably fight the pacifistas before mebarking to merman island. that will probably happen in next chapter
Oct 6, 2010 11:18 PM
Jun 2007
Hmm, which eye did Zoro lost? Right or left? Cuz it was different in the color page..=/
Oct 6, 2010 11:21 PM

Sep 2008
Drengot said:
Hmm, which eye did Zoro lost? Right or left? Cuz it was different in the color page..=/
Oda said he messed up on the color page last week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2010 12:27 AM

Dec 2009
I hope they will beat the hell out of the fake crew soon
yuno6.jpg
Oct 7, 2010 1:35 AM

Jan 2009
Cyberwhiz said:
I hate that zoro lost an eye. imo it woulda been better that he lost an arm instead of an eye cuz then franky can replace that arm. but he cant replace the eye.

I was just thinking how awesome it would be: he could get an eye without getting a powerup. Then I saw you saying that Franky couldn't replace the eye. What makes you think that :o
Oct 7, 2010 1:55 AM

Apr 2009
holy mother of LORD

awesome chapter..

Zoro was epic

Franky awesome too xD i cant wait to see his upgrades
Oct 7, 2010 2:26 AM

Aug 2010
At the way it is looking, the straw hat crew will really be able to show their growth in the upcoming battle with the marines. There will be two pacifistas, the big guy who knows haki, and a bunch of high bounty pirates all involved, kind of like the last time they were here; it will really show a lot of contrast from before.
Oct 7, 2010 3:31 AM

May 2010
Nice chapter .
Zoro is cooler with one eye. O_+
Oct 7, 2010 3:31 AM

Oct 2008
Now thats everyone from the crew, I wonder whats going to happen with the fake Straw Hats?
Oct 7, 2010 3:52 AM

Feb 2009
Superb chapter! Im hoping next chapter to be amazing!
Oct 7, 2010 3:55 AM

Jun 2008
kickass chapter once again!
luffy used two kinds of haki !
and zoro is now able to cut ships in half too.. sweet.
can't wait to see their reunion , and find out their bounties
Oct 7, 2010 5:04 AM

Jul 2010
Franky... I was shocked when I saw him with weird body... O_O
I didn't like that to be honest, but that is okay xD
Zoro's eye... I think it's fine, he can managed somehow with just one eye xD
He looks more badass than before x3
Oct 7, 2010 6:11 AM
Jan 2010
Jesuvius said:
Cyberwhiz said:
I hate that zoro lost an eye. imo it woulda been better that he lost an arm instead of an eye cuz then franky can replace that arm. but he cant replace the eye.

I was just thinking how awesome it would be: he could get an eye without getting a powerup. Then I saw you saying that Franky couldn't replace the eye. What makes you think that :o

Well franky is mainly mechanical. i seriously doubt he can make a new working eye. but thinking about it more, it is possible that chopper will heal zoro's eye.
Oct 7, 2010 6:21 AM

May 2010
Shiken said:
no comment on the cover art cannibalism? o.O

Thank god, someone noticed. And it was asked by a MOTHER ?

Franky looks cool. Mugiwara were really missing an "oversized" member a la Gecko and DonFlamingo for the Shichibukai, Jaws for WB's crew or pretty much every member of BB's crew. Overall, I find it pretty badass, and it really looks like Franky will be able to pull off a lot of new stupid moves.

Zoro is also awesome. Looking at him like this, I actually remembered the first time he appeared in the manga, tied to that pole in Morgan's HQ. He really looked devil-ish and insane. He kinda got this look back now (but did not lose anything in the silly departement either), and that's a good thing.

Really look forward to the next chapter. So far, I think this hiatus was totally worth it.
Oct 7, 2010 7:16 AM
Jun 2008
is sentoumaru the new admiral? (looking at his new coat)
Oct 7, 2010 8:55 AM

Aug 2009
nice chapoter but zoro got his badassness back mihawk good job ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Oct 7, 2010 9:40 AM

Sep 2010
So Coollllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!Like this chap !
Oct 7, 2010 9:42 AM

Sep 2010
Cyberwhiz said:
Jesuvius said:
Cyberwhiz said:

Well franky is mainly mechanical. i seriously doubt he can make a new working eye. but thinking about it more, it is possible that chopper will heal zoro's eye.

If Zorro's left eye doesn't hurt too much, maybe it's the cool stuffs for him ;)
Oct 7, 2010 10:09 AM

Jan 2009
Cyberwhiz said:
Jesuvius said:
Cyberwhiz said:

You know it could be a mechanical eye, right? Just as much as it could be a mechanical arm :P

We're talking about a guy who built himself into a huge cyborg, I doubt he'd have trouble with just one eye
Oct 7, 2010 11:06 AM

May 2009
I don't know how he manages but rarely can one fault Oda-sensei's story telling.

I can't decide what I hate about Franky. The arms are cool, they are practically body length, but a significant part of me desperately hopes they are detachable or something. The parallel stitchings are nice and complement the girth of his torso... Whatever *lucky packet* "weaponry" lay concealed within, we may only anticipate... ಠ_ಠ

Chopper, everyone is a sucker for a good lengthy gag but dang! Figure it out already! Is his age in tonokai or human years? Regardless, +17 year old chopper should know better. Obviously something else is at play here...

Didn't really ever consider Brook staying behind, but I support the possibility.

Not buying Zoro's eye, can't imagine one eyed him kampai'ng with the Mugiwara.

Is that philosophy I read or just a random poignant sentence? (very fine line)
Oct 7, 2010 11:45 AM
May 2009
Ahh I can't wait for the next chapter!.. I wanna see Nami's new weapon invented by Usopp with her new found out technology... I wonder also if Zoro, Sanji and Robin might be able to use haki as well since their training was with big leagues especially Robin with the revolutionary army... and I'm eager to see whether Luffy have his 4th gear coming out =) Franky looks like more powerful, he might be able to do laser as well like Pacifistas and hoping for a new improved leg of his so he could move as fast as Luffy's 2nd gear...

Damn I wanna see how Luffy's combined 2nd Gear and Haki of Armament will do to the Logia type users especially the admirals XD..
Oct 7, 2010 11:55 AM

Feb 2010
Cant wait to see more of Luffy in action :P
Zoro was pretty awesome and still has his old habits XD
Oct 7, 2010 1:39 PM

Jul 2010
^^ Franky seems to bes till using Cola. well..what else. But his bottles have gotten a power-up as well ... just like everything about him
Oct 7, 2010 2:29 PM
Sep 2010
Franky looks really weird but underneath that goofy appearance there is some crazy weapons.Luffy trained with the pirate king's first mate and zoro trained with the world greatest swordsman while sanji fought a bunch of cross dressers.i wonder how powerful sanji really is?one piece is the best
Oct 7, 2010 2:44 PM

Jun 2007
dannyl said:
Franky looks really weird but underneath that goofy appearance there is some crazy weapons.Luffy trained with the pirate king's first mate and zoro trained with the world greatest swordsman while sanji fought a bunch of cross dressers.i wonder how powerful sanji really is?one piece is the best

Well it wouldn't surprise me if Sanji took a few pointers from Ivankov.
Oct 7, 2010 4:30 PM

Oct 2007
reaght said:
is sentoumaru the new admiral? (looking at his new coat)

glad someone else noticed that too, i guess hes at least a vice admiral now, if not admiral
Oct 7, 2010 4:41 PM

Nov 2009
Zorro's line about being an angel of death had Mihawk writen all over it! Will be intresting to see if that was a one off or if he has picked up some more of Mihawks qwirks. I think that Zorro cutting that ship in half was maybe Oda giving a hint that Zorro is as strong as Mihawk was back in the Baratie arc.. Pretty cool all in all!
Oct 8, 2010 12:33 AM

Sep 2007
It's frustrating to think that as careful and subtle as Luffy is being for once, these weak posers have completely blown their cover. At least Chopper is not tailing those fools anymore, and Luffy's haki training seems to have paid off in a big way. Second, the only part of Franky's design I am not digging is the arms. Everything else looks great. Lastly, Zoro's re-entrance seriously reminds me of Mihawk's debut, with him cutting a huge ship clean in half.
Oct 8, 2010 4:29 AM

Apr 2009
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

22 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.