Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2008 9:20 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Why does the spells of the enemies have to be in German, and their weapons talk German too, it sounds horrible!
May 24, 2008 2:31 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
DarkBlue said:
Why does the spells of the enemies have to be in German, and their weapons talk German too, it sounds horrible!

It's the best German you'll hear in a while.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 15, 2008 10:04 AM

Jun 2008
*Necromances thread*

I must say, going into this right after Season 1, there's a marked shift in a lot of areas, generally for the better.

The budget was improved, the backgrounds fleshed out, new characters added, mood shifted, stage direction cleaned up... oh my...

After the generally lacklustre season one, this is turning out to be a pleasant surprise.
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Jul 23, 2008 2:33 AM

Mar 2008
The name of the episode says it all

Everything happened too fast
Jul 23, 2008 3:16 AM

Jul 2008
viny said:

A's assumes that the viewer has already seen the first season, where the character backgrounds and whatnot were all established.
Jul 23, 2008 5:04 AM

Jun 2008
blackfeather_58 said:
viny said:

A's assumes that the viewer has already seen the first season, where the character backgrounds and whatnot were all established.

It's pretty sad. This means the viewer has to sit through the mediocrity that is season one to appreciate the craft that is As.
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Jul 31, 2008 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
It's a pity since the first season was not impressing at all, but A's is said to be brilliant :)
LOL at German wands, but why is it so difficult to speak other languages :/ - it can't be too difficult to find a native German or someone who speaks it fairly good.

Fate-chan's apperance was too obvious in this one. Let's see if she can expel Vita.
Sep 14, 2008 3:19 PM

Jun 2007
why not spanish? :(
i loved the episode, specially towards the end with feito <3
Dec 10, 2008 3:50 AM

Jan 2008
Dude, wtf does Vita want :/
Feb 7, 2009 8:45 AM

May 2008
Necroposting but oh well.

The German sounds a little convincing strangely enough. Not like the random Engrish one might hear now and then.
Aug 14, 2009 6:50 AM

Jan 2009
I love Nanoha's trademark listen... <divine> to me..<buster>!!
Oct 3, 2009 8:45 AM

Jul 2008

This episode was okay, I started to miss Fate-chan ♥

Jun 16, 2010 2:39 AM

Sep 2009
So far this looks like it will be better than the first season...but did they have to make Nanoha soo incompetent?....I mean, I thought she was fairly powerful by the end of the first season. I guess she need to be weak this episode so Fate can fulfill her promise to be the one to save Nanoha. Oh well.
Jul 21, 2010 12:41 AM

May 2008
"It approaches at high speed"
"It comes"

OK I seriously lol'ed. Maybe Raising Heart needs some more English lessons.
Aug 27, 2010 5:15 AM

Apr 2009
I completely forgot that Eternal Blaze was the opening for this anime.
Sep 30, 2010 7:35 AM

Aug 2010
theeggman85 said:
"It approaches at high speed"
"It comes"

OK I seriously lol'ed. Maybe Raising Heart needs some more English lessons.

Indeed. Though it's kinda funny hearing Nanoha talk to Raising Heart.

New season looks pretty great judging from the first episode. Haven't noticed much of a change in the quality of animation but I liked the intense pacing right from the start. Fate saving Nanoha was expected, but still pretty cool. Not very fond of the german girl so far.
Oct 2, 2010 7:51 AM

May 2009
lol, when i saw that rocket Hammer i lol and rolled. They totally stole it from Battle Angel Alita. really thought people has forgotten about it.
Apr 5, 2011 6:03 PM

Sep 2009
aero said:
Dude, wtf does Vita want :/

Don't think even she knows...
Apr 7, 2011 3:23 PM

Sep 2009
Fate always makes those dramatic entrances lol
Fate FTW
Jun 9, 2011 7:41 AM

Feb 2011
Richard_Omega said:
why not spanish? :(

lol that might sound funny.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nanoha found herself a psychotic enemy.
Jun 11, 2011 2:06 AM

May 2011
saxophone15 said:
So far this looks like it will be better than the first season...but did they have to make Nanoha soo incompetent?....I mean, I thought she was fairly powerful by the end of the first season. I guess she need to be weak this episode so Fate can fulfill her promise to be the one to save Nanoha. Oh well.

thats not really it, at least i think. in the last season whenever Nanoha and Fate fought, it was Fate that won until their last fight. its mostly dependant on the situation, in this she wanted to know more about her intentions to fight her and thats probably why she didnt fight full force against the new enemy. in season one, she gave it her all against Fate in the final fight because there was a lot more at stake in that match. im sure that as the tension builds up you'll likely see far better performance ;)
Jul 22, 2012 10:59 PM

Jul 2011
This episode was a huge surprise to me, considering how the first season started. Thumbs up, all around.
Oct 29, 2012 3:05 PM

Mar 2012
It's already looking like this season will be much better than the first.
Nov 1, 2012 7:57 PM

May 2010
Hmm, I don't think it's better, just ... different. For one example of where it's *not* better, Fate coming in at the last second to save Nanoha was just too cliche. Another thing which disappoints me is the fight, which has less inventive choreography than some of the fights from the first season. However, I think the new director Kusakawa Keizou did a damn good job stepping into Shinbo's shoes, not just emulating his style, but also adding to it. He's more dynamic, which fits the tone of the show better. His sense of pacing is a bit screwy (too rushed), but it's probably more appealing to the type of people who watch this show in the first place.

I need more episodes to make up my mind, but right now I see it as neither better nor worse than the first season.
“Money can't buy dere”
Oct 29, 2013 12:27 AM

Apr 2009
Woah Lindy's actually an admiral, I thought she was just a captain (both as a naval rank and title for one in command of the ship, i.e. Asura), or maybe it's just a different title/rank system unique to TSAB.

Although Nanoha was nearly defeated there if not for the timely save by Fate, she made Vita work for it! XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 30, 2013 4:41 PM

Jan 2011
While Fate's entry was indeed cliche, it was also more badass than anything done in the first season. And Nanoha showed off her new skills, especially during training. She still lost though. Much to learn you have, young padawan. Maybe lifting an X-Wing would be better than shooting a tin can? ;)
Mar 21, 2014 9:25 PM

Aug 2013
Well Fate saving Nanoha wasn't unexpected but it still made me go "wooo!" haha. I almost feel sorry for Vita now.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 6, 2014 6:07 AM

May 2012
Pretty decent start of this second season, let's see what will happen next!
Mar 16, 2015 9:43 AM

Feb 2013
Yes for Fate!!

May 19, 2015 9:28 PM

Sep 2014
YUSSSS, Fate!!!!

"Her allies?"

"No, her friends."

OOOOOHHHHHHHHH
May 22, 2016 5:06 AM

Apr 2009
It's only the first episode, and yet it's action packed already. yeah!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2019 6:33 AM

Aug 2018
Hm.. Some wheelchair girl.. And possibly living alone?.. Well, as she's invited to celebrate her birthday by some doctor..
Is that book evil?..
I like, how Nanoha calls out names of episodes.. ;p
Nice to see that Nanoha keeps practicing after all events..
And Fate keeps being dear to Nanoha, aww.. ;p And her school friends as well.. It's just sweet.. ;p
Absorbing energy book?.. Bad news..
So 3 girls from opening are together, alright.. I thought Hayate was living alone.. And also some Vita girl.. Though, I have some suspicions that Hayate is Vita (red dressed girl)?..
This red girl doesn't play games..
Poor Nanoha.. ;/ It could have ended right there.. Yep.. That red girl is bad.. Bad! ;p
So far, good episode.. Wholesome moments of relationships, mystery created with the villain book and some girl, and introducing new characters I'm beware of.. Entertaining first episode.. ;p
Apr 17, 2022 2:51 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Bitch was reserved to Fate's mother, so I wont call this red girl like that, but she really was a prick huh?

Attacks with no warning, absolute ruthless, poor Nanoha didnt do anything wrong, it is just defending herself, I dont care any excuses this brat has, she can go take herself and that shitty attitude and get WRECK.

Hopefully now that Fate is here, she will kindly do that to that brat.
Jun 1, 2023 3:38 PM

Oct 2015
So good to see Fate and Nanoha again! And I love the other characters

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Episode 13 Discussion

aero - Dec 10, 2008

46 by Playcool »»
Apr 21, 2022 12:52 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Episode 12 Discussion

aero - Dec 10, 2008

40 by Playcool »»
Apr 20, 2022 2:45 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Episode 9 Discussion

aero - Dec 10, 2008

26 by Playcool »»
Apr 20, 2022 1:36 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Episode 7 Discussion

aero - Dec 10, 2008

16 by Playcool »»
Apr 19, 2022 2:09 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Episode 6 Discussion

aero - Dec 10, 2008

16 by Playcool »»
Apr 19, 2022 12:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.