Forum Settings
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 28, 2010 8:23 PM
Jul 2010
I think Sharon is the Headless Hunter...

Ahh ... Eliot is so dreamy~ ... :3
TheGreenNinjaAug 28, 2010 8:50 PM
Sep 1, 2010 2:24 AM
Sep 2010
I think it's leo/reo. When vanessa says "You", we see someone with dark hair on the stairs in a similar style to Reo's, and Elliot sees him in his 'dream'.

And I don't like Reo..thats my reason :D
Sep 1, 2010 2:27 AM

Jan 2009
I think by now we've got theories for the identity of the head hunter spanning across all the characters or so xD...
Oh except for Oz maybe... Don't think I've read any of those at least.
And I don't think anyone's said that Liam might be the head hunter either.
Am I missing any more who haven't been accused yet? xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 2, 2010 2:26 PM
Sep 2010
Oosran said:
I think by now we've got theories for the identity of the head hunter spanning across all the characters or so xD...
Oh except for Oz maybe... Don't think I've read any of those at least.
And I don't think anyone's said that Liam might be the head hunter either.
Am I missing any more who haven't been accused yet? xD

Have we accused Alice? Death Scythe to the neck, maybe...?
Or Oscar....hahaha now THAT would be a plot twist...
Sep 3, 2010 11:16 AM

Jan 2010
My thinking is that the Headhunter is a combination of elements. I think Elliot is involved, via Glen, and I think Leo is involved now too.
I believe Elliot has unwittingly created a contract with a chain, and that this chain is Leo.
We know that some chains can take a human form (eg Alice, Cheshire) and we know that humans can become chains in the Abyss (according to Alyss). Leo is from the Sablier orphanage where the Nightrays and Yura have been doing suspicious things to orphan children. Leo has told Oz that he may lose control and try to kill Elliot, in which case Oz needs to kill Leo. Leo has likely been affected by the Abyss's strong presence in Sablier, where he grew up (and where orphans are still dying or getting amnesia or communicating with their dead fathers and whatnot).
In chapter 52, Leo communicates with Elliot/Glen, telling him to call out his name. This is very similar to how Oz needed to call out Alice's name in order to form a contract.
Why would Leo wish to kill Nightrays? They are apparently responsible for the orphanage and its experiments. Leo knows Elliot is a good guy and will put an end to the orphanage once Elliot becomes duke. The quickest way to do that is by killing off all potential heirs that come before Elliot. (Will we see Duke Nightray beheaded next chapter, I wonder?)
Duke Nightray did not want Leo to be Elliot's servant until something happened in Sablier, after which he quickly changed his mind. Elliot was unconscious for the event, the same way he's gone unconscious in ch 52. But *something* happened to Leo in some way (Leo had bloodstains all over him). This may be Leo going into chain headhunter mode. Break may be calling Elliot the headhunter because he is the illegal contractor. Elliot may not have the seal on his body though because it is technically Glen that made the contract inside of him.
Also, Elliot always has a sword with him. It is quite possible for him to go unconscious and have Glen take over his body, and then kill off whoever he pleases. I am not sure of Glen's motives for killing these people, but then again, I'm not sure why he wanted everyone in Sablier massacred either. Glen's goal of course is to get his soul back and come back to life, so it makes sense that he would have the sealing stone destroyed. For whatever reason, he doesn't wish to communicate his presence inside of Elliot to the Baskervilles. Perhaps so he can ensure a complete infiltration of the Nightray household?
So that is my theory at the moment. Glen is beheading people via Elliot's body, and Leo is also beheading people as Elliot/Glen's chain. Or "chain," perhaps, because I think Leo is a genuine human being that's become "chainish" due to Nightray/Yura tampering with the Abyss's power near the orphanage.
Somehow Duke Nightray and Yura will likely be involved in all this as well, I believe. Pandora Hearts has weaved a very tangled web as of late. But the fact that Yura is recreating the Tragedy of Sablier, complete with pseudo-Baskervilles, is very peculiar. Yura is supposed to be a Jack Vessalius fanatic, so my best guess is that he's hoping to see Jack save the day via possessing Oz's body again.
Sep 12, 2010 5:54 PM

Feb 2010
-Keeper- said:

- oh and Raven being Glen's fourth chain brings me to Gil. How exactly does Raven attack? Could he be an option, too? (Just to complete the picture. I don't think he really did it.)

Well, Raven's power it's Wide Area Teletransportation, so I don't think Gil could be. Remember that time when Gil used his chain to get himself and Break (?) back from Cheshire Cat dimension to the real world.

However, I don't think that Elliot is the Head Hunter, and I suppose Break it's only supporting his acusation on the fact that Elliot was there when they found Vanessa's corpse. But as you already stated, there's no way (at least apparently) he could sliced her sister's head and played he was fainting on the floor before the head and body touched the floor. It's more probable that it is Leo (sadly D:) since what we get in some scenes before the murder.
This chapter was so damn good and by it's end I was nearly crying...the things turned to harsh for Elliot...
Jan 16, 2011 8:52 AM

Apr 2009
What. The. Crap?! O_O

Icesk8r1012 said:
Am I like the only one who is totaly pissed at dis chapter!!! In the last several chapters there has been almost no oz parts!!!! I want pycho oz back!!!! >_< I luv him all bloody and crazy plz tell me I'm not the only one!?!?!?!?!??

Yeah, well, there was no Vincent too yet I managed to live with it.
Oz is the main character, he'll show up soon enough, while some of us will have to wait for ages to see their favourite characters.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Apr 30, 2014 5:44 PM

Nov 2011
All I have to say is HOLY SHIT at the latest chapter. No wonder tragedy is a word for party of that play.
Oct 28, 2014 2:33 PM

Jul 2014
i dont wanna believe what just happened...
Nov 15, 2014 7:08 PM

Jan 2013
Man Break is too pissed now.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Nov 27, 2015 1:44 AM
Jun 2015
I was pretty much speechless from Vannessa getting decapitated to the final page. Like, the fuck? I thought she would die but... Not so quickly! And they just started to make her likable too!
And what the fuck was going on with Elliot!? Does he have some sort of split personality or something!? I mean, Break is blind and he isn't the character to jump to conclusions so he wouldn't blame it on Elliot like that. I thought(And feared)it would be Leo/Reo since he's missing. I hope Leo is okay though.
Gilbert was protecting Sharon, that's really sweet. Some hint of Break X Lotti going on, huh? Or at least that's how I saw it. Break would probably manipulate her.
My god, can Isla fucking die already!?
I like how Alice has been dressed for this arc. She's very elegant and beautiful here. Quite the opposite for Gilbert, lol. He looks better in his usual look.

Overall, amazing chapter. Gotta keep reading!
Dec 2, 2015 8:33 AM

Aug 2014
The ending is a mind fuck. Elliot the headhunter? I wonder how that worked out.
Aug 31, 2016 7:20 AM

Sep 2014
More Lotti always good <3
Just when I was starting to like Vanessa you go and kill hear really T_T ? Feel so bad for both Elliot and her...
Wtf Break?!?!? He can't be the friggin' headhunter.
Dec 11, 2016 2:19 PM

Jan 2016
Motherfucking holy shit.

I didn't expect that! I still think someone else is the headhunter, but i wasn't expecting his sister to get her fucking head chopped off right in front of him

And little shit Philipp is also part of this mess?
Sep 21, 2017 10:35 AM

Aug 2013
Well this got crazy, like....really crazy at the end.
Dec 25, 2017 6:58 AM

Mar 2015
Holy fucking shit! A split psychopathic personality?!

But it really made sense because headhunter loves to sing and Eliot likes music and he also carries sword everywhere!

Apr 26, 2023 12:42 PM
Sep 2019
Gosh.

Of course Elliot isn't the hunter. Or, well, if he is, then he's not aware of it. 
Another person with a split personality in this manga, perhaps? Or is someone (possibly Reo) manipulating him, similar as to Vincent manipulating Gil, but much stronger?
He has absolutely no reason to kill his own sister. Even if he suspected for her to work for the Baskervilles or whatever, Elliot isn't someone who'd just kill randomly. He's more of a talker. 
So there's definitely someone controlling Elliot. 

Why wasn't Break shocked about it tho? He seemed pretty sure about Elliot being the headhunter, whereas Gil genuinely was surprised, as everyone should be. 

Also, to find out who the killer is, you need to find out how the people are killed. It wasn't a gunshot like the one at the mansion with Marie and the guy in the wheel chair. It seemed like Vanessa's head just detached from inside. As if something explode inside of her. 
Is there perhaps a chain that has the power to make people explode from inside or cutting from a distance without touching them?
Wait. 
That's how voodoo works. And Vincent likes to cut dolls... Even tho stabbing and cutting dolls is a bit different, it's kinda the same principle... maybe there's voodoo involved. 
And Ada with her occult thing seems to be the perfect match. (As I've already said in the last chapter.)
She's not the headhunter, but very likely the Queen of hearts/hurts. The headhunter either is Vincent with his dolls, or Reo, or Elliot who's not aware of it.

~

Lemme analyze it real quick:

- when running somewhere with his sister, page 41-42, Elliot sees something. Perhaps a memory or sth triggered him. 
"An act of arson... people are dying... and then–" – was this how the tragedy pf sabrie started? Was it a memory, from his previous life?
- page 42: he sees a sword with blood. Was it in his head or the present? I'm assuming a memory. Maybe?
- he collapses after that image.
- Vanessa sees and runs to him.
- "sharp pain", repeated.
That's exactly what happened to Gil, when his manipulations got triggered.
- "Elliot. Say my name..." In his head. 
Probably Reo. Was it a memory or the present (Reo calling out to him, telepathy basically)?
- Vanessa gets up, looking for Hans. 
Hans was with them earlier, right? Where did he go?
- She halts on the stairs, looking at someone.
- "You are...", she says to a black-haired person.
Likely Reo. But who knows, maybe Reo has a doppelganger or sibling? 
Or it's Glen, resurrected from the dead...
- Elliot wakes up again, seeing his sister's head fall off.

Vanessa stood with her face facing downstairs, but when her head falls off, she's facing towards Elliot, and her back is toward the stairs. Did she turn around? But why? If she wanted to protect Elliot, wouldn't she want to face the headhunter, alas the person she met at the stairs?
But. Right now it looks like Elliot wakes up right after Vanessa sees that person. There could've easily passed 2 minutes. Vanessa and that black haired person could've had a talk. Then she ran to Elliot to do whatever she wanted. Maybe she got tricked. 

Well, it's very clear at least that Elliot couldn't have killed her. He could still be the headhunter, maybe there are just more than one. And neither does the black haired person had to kill her. There could've been a third person, hiding somewhere and then killing her with a gunshot or sth. 

~~

Alright, why am I analyzing this when I don't have to wait for releases. Geez. But it felt good writing my thoughts down. Anyways. I should go read, lmao.
TimeFliesAwayApr 26, 2023 1:10 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is this better than Vanitas no Carte?

AjiX101 - Feb 17, 2022

10 by 234Mannan »»
Mar 6, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 51 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cho_Desu - Jul 18, 2010

59 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 49 Discussion

meeooowwwww - May 19, 2010

43 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 23 Discussion

Shouichirou - Jun 13, 2009

13 by de9 »»
Jan 14, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 34 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jul 10, 2009

38 by hidarslan »»
Dec 24, 2023 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.