Forum Settings
Forums
New
Under what conditions would you hit a girl (non-life-threatning situations)
A physical fight
21.0%
Caught her cheating
6.4%
I'm a complete Dick and abuse girls physically
7.5%
To show who's the MAN
8.8%
Never, I'm a true gentleman
56.2%
770 votes
Aug 9, 2010 9:07 PM
Aug 2010
As a male I've always known that one of the "unwritten rules" of being a guy is that YOU NEVER HIT A GIRL.

Obviously if your life is in danger you have to defend yourself no matter who it is, so this discussion won't feature that option. But what about this:

Let's say you're in a non-life-threatening verbal fight and it becomes physical, What do you do??

What about if you just caught her cheating on you with some other guy?? (oh and it's the SEX cheating, not stupid high school shit)

So under what conditions (again you can't say life threatening) would you hit a girl, or is this something that is just not appropriate.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 9, 2010 9:12 PM
Nov 2008
Equality man.

Of course I would.
Aug 9, 2010 9:16 PM

Apr 2010
No, I don't hit women, I have enough self-restraint to keep myself from doing that. But of course there's rare situations in which I'd have to break that self-restraint. Like if they don't shut up, they do something incredibly stupid, or cheat on me, especially if it's someone that I hate. Just because they're women, doesn't mean they think they can do whatever they damn well please. Some women this gets to their heads, and they think they don't deserve a slap across the face.

Aug 9, 2010 9:22 PM

Jul 2008
If I was a guy, and she hit me first.

I am the senpai that notices you.

Aug 9, 2010 9:22 PM

May 2010
This question feels like a double edge sword and depending on who hears the answer, this can get ugly.

If I were a western female living in America and say my profession is a high school teacher, I would want to hear "no" since it is unacceptable in western cultures to even strike your own children.

On the other hand, if I were a feminist (perhaps living anywhere), I would say it does not matter and it is sexist to even consider that it does matter since the feminist would view our western female high school teacher's views will just further increase the gap of equality between men and women.

However, if we look at a culture, say Japan, do you think an obedient Japanese housewife is likely to retaliate if her husband slaps her? Just a thought.

I am not voting.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 9, 2010 9:28 PM
Oct 2009
Onibokusu said:
Equality man.

Of course I would.

You push a baby out of your vagina, then call it equality.

Yeah under no conditions should a men hit a women, unless it's a playful thing.

I mean hitting women is like picking fights with people that's obviously weaker than you, that's just really coward like.
Aug 9, 2010 9:30 PM

Aug 2009
If your name was Rei Miyamoto...the yes

Aug 9, 2010 9:38 PM

Mar 2008
Onibokusu said:
Equality man.

Of course I would.

Must...resist urge...to +1

Seriously though, we all think we could slap a women, but how many of us have actually done it, and felt proud, or even felt a sense of accomplishment from it?
Mr-FreemanAug 9, 2010 9:44 PM
Aug 9, 2010 9:38 PM

Jun 2008
Akamitsu said:
No, I don't hit women, I have enough self-restraint to keep myself from doing that. But of course there's rare situations in which I'd have to break that self-restraint. Like if they don't shut up, they do something incredibly stupid, or cheat on me, especially if it's someone that I hate. Just because they're women, doesn't mean they think they can do whatever they damn well please. Some women this gets to their heads, and they think they don't deserve a slap across the face.

I love your quote, sure I'd hit a girl if she deserved it, I wouldn't do it to abuse, but cheating, doing something stupid....yeah those are legitimate reasons to break "the rule".

Also, I love that clip with Takashi hitting Rei :)
Aug 9, 2010 9:41 PM

Aug 2009
oh and one more thing, as much as I say I won't hit women(as it's against what I was taught), if it comes to a point where they really deserve to be bitch-slapped, then no mount of excuse will stop me from bitch-slappin them...take for example:
Aug 9, 2010 9:45 PM

Jul 2008
Never! If it turns into a fist fight just blockblockblock! Go for her guy friends instead!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2008
Free_Candy said:
Onibokusu said:
Equality man.

Of course I would.

I mean hitting women is like picking fights with people that's obviously weaker than you, that's just really coward like.

There was so much sexism in that post, my brain exploded.

Jun 2008
OH, I can't believe the "I'm a gentleman" option is the highest so far, talk about not having any balls.

It's 2010 if women want to be treated as equals, than they gotta understand that sometimes that smart mouth of theirs is gonna get them in trouble.
Aug 9, 2010 9:50 PM

Feb 2008
Sometimes it's just necessary to smack a bitch. Ex. She forgot to bring that ducksauce from the chinese place for my eggroll, there's a stain on my glass beer cup from the dishwasher, or my underwear still has a shit streak in it after being washed. Oh, and just for the lulz.
Aug 9, 2010 9:53 PM

Aug 2009
alexcampos said:
It's 2010 if women want to be treated as equals, than they gotta understand that sometimes that smart mouth of theirs is gonna get them in trouble.

^that^

bitch better learn some manners before asking for a gentleman...
Aug 9, 2010 9:56 PM

Jul 2008
I dunno about you, but somehow, I don't feel like physical violence is going to solve any problem. Not nowadays, anyways.

If your girl cheats on you and you beat the shit out of her, she might just press assault charges. XD The practical thing is a cool head. Self control is manly.

Aug 9, 2010 9:59 PM
Aug 2010
Nika-senpai said:
If your girl cheats on you and you beat the shit out of her, she might just press assault charges. XD The practical thing is a cool head. Self control is manly.

This is why genders will never have equality, you just mentioned a situation in which if it were reversed to the girl finding her boyfriend cheating on her, and she then started to beat the shit out of him, that guy would not press charges, in fact he probably couldn't even if he WANTED.
Aug 9, 2010 10:03 PM
May 2010
Onibokusu said:
Free_Candy said:
Onibokusu said:
Equality man.

Of course I would.

Sexism? From a woman?

Impossible! Only men can be sexist! Don't you know that?

EDIT: This topic is horrible, there is no real options to chose from.

If another girl was bullying my best friend (who is a girl) and absolutely refused to listen to reason, I would slap her. If it was a male I'd kick the shit out him, but you know how equality works.
11223344Aug 9, 2010 10:06 PM
Aug 9, 2010 10:08 PM
Oct 2009
Onibokusu said:
Free_Candy said:
Onibokusu said:
Equality man.

Of course I would.

What's with this over sensitive equality stuff. Feeling insecure?

You must be blind if you don't think women are shorter than men, and weight less than men on average bases.

So saying men have way more hair than women is also sexism?

Saying Seal is very black is racism?
Aug 9, 2010 10:09 PM

Jul 2008
ichigo03 said:
Nika-senpai said:

This is why genders will never have equality, you just mentioned a situation in which if it were reversed to the girl finding her boyfriend cheating on her, and she then started to beat the shit out of him, that guy would not press charges, in fact he probably couldn't even if he WANTED.

Y'know what I think the problem is? I think he could and should press charges for being assaulted. But think about it, wouldn't he get laughed out of the police station? Everyone would be "you're such a pussy, here's a woman beating on you, lololol!"

Which I think it stupid. Women may be, in general physically smaller and weaker but physical abuse can still be terrifying when it occurs in a relationship. People just don't seem to want to admit that because men are supposed to be STRONG and GAR and can always stand up for themselves and beat the woman with a well-placed backhand.

Aug 9, 2010 10:13 PM

Sep 2007
Yeah, man, I'd hit it. I'd tap dat muthafucka all night long and into the morning.
Aug 9, 2010 10:14 PM

Feb 2007
I'm a lady and if I attacked a guy I'd expect them to fight back. But I'm not going to attack anyone and I don't expect men or women to physically attack me. It is best for men and women to try and keep cool heads and use their words.

Playful pushes and whatever are fine, if it is all in good fun.

I also love how MAL is all like "oh yeah I'd totally slap a bitch," but it just seems like pseduomacho bullshit.
Aug 9, 2010 10:20 PM

Mar 2010
alexcampos said:
Akamitsu said:

I love your quote, sure I'd hit a girl if she deserved it, I wouldn't do it to abuse, but cheating, doing something stupid....yeah those are legitimate reasons to break "the rule".

Hahaha, i was thinking that too. I love the way it starts off so absolute, "I don't hit women." Then it kind of slowly gets more and more misogynistic, until he's like one of those 1930s, 'Gotta beat ma woman to make sure she knows her place!' old men.

My favourite part was when he said that, "...if they don't shut up" was a legitimate reason to break his otherwise well conditioned selfrestraint....
Aug 9, 2010 10:22 PM
May 2010
Option 3 ftw... WAITWUT

Ahem. I'd only hit one if she injures me badly. Like, punch me in the face or something. Fuck pregnancy. That's your unluckiness, bitch. We guys have to go through the army in my country. Fucking Hell... And what's that I hear about men capable of taking painful shit? If you say otherwise, other guys call you a fucking pussy. How'bout that for being a fucking guy? FUCK!
Aug 9, 2010 10:24 PM

Apr 2010
Muzzicans said:
alexcampos said:
Akamitsu said:

Hahaha, i was thinking that too. I love the way it starts off so absolute, "I don't hit women." Then it kind of slowly gets more and more misogynistic, until he's like one of those 1930s, 'Gotta beat ma woman to make sure she knows her place!' old men.

My favourite part was when he said that, "...if they don't shut up" was a legitimate reason to break his otherwise well conditioned selfrestraint....

That's probably how I'll grow up to be

Aug 9, 2010 10:33 PM

Oct 2009
If she was cheating and i found out or something similar then i probably would slap her but that is pretty much it.
Aug 9, 2010 10:33 PM

Sep 2007
TitanKvad said:
Let's say I and a girl were hanging from a branch from a cliff, and some aliens said they'd beam us up if I'd hit her. Σ(゚Д゚;)

What if she was the aliens the whole time and it was just a test of your character?

And then she was a zombie?
Aug 9, 2010 10:43 PM
Mar 2010
Nika-senpai said:
If I was a guy, and she hit me first.

This women is telling it how it should be. I find it ironic that any man wouldn't a hit a women back if she was abusive towards you (and meant it.) Good luck dying, men.

Also if you seriously think that you should hit a women because she's dumb or she's cheating on you, you have problems.
Aug 9, 2010 10:46 PM

Jan 2009
I grew up to where my father didn't handle alcohol well and my mother was often his target. So no i shall never hit a women.
Aug 9, 2010 10:48 PM

Mar 2009
Nika-senpai said:
If she hit me first.

and if i find myself in a situation where i see a woman bullying someone i would stop her (well if she's not the heavyweight champion 2010 that is)
Aug 9, 2010 10:58 PM

Aug 2008
Foggle said:
TitanKvad said:
Let's say I and a girl were hanging from a branch from a cliff, and some aliens said they'd beam us up if I'd hit her. Σ(゚Д゚;)

What if she was the aliens the whole time and it was just a test of your character?

And then she was a zombie?

Cast fenix down on her and conquer the universe of course
Aug 9, 2010 11:03 PM
Nov 2008
Free_Candy said:
Onibokusu said:
Free_Candy said:
Onibokusu said:
Equality man.

Of course I would.

You must be blind if you don't think women are shorter than men, and weight less than men on average bases.

Stereotyping is also sexism, as is generalising.

You post basically stated: Women are weak.

I know plenty of strong women.
Aug 9, 2010 11:11 PM

Sep 2008
She hits me first, or threatens to creditably enough for me to make the first move, or attacks someone I love and want to protect then yes.
Not only will I hit her but I will aim to hit her in the uterus or ovaries ( above them) because for a girl, that hurts, badly.

Violence fairly, I don't discriminate due to age, sex, religion, or race when it comes to it.
Beatings for all! ( is only half joking)

Aug 9, 2010 11:21 PM

Oct 2008
I'm a complete Dick and abuse girls physically (your vote)

SUPER!!!
Aug 9, 2010 11:42 PM

Sep 2008
Uh never felt threatened by a woman physically enough to hit her back. Nor have I ever had the urge to hit a woman. But I've never had a women actually really try to fight me or seriously try to do psychical harm to me. But even if she did I'd probably just subdue her not hit her. I weight twice as much as most women and if one weight as much as I do or more, they probably wouldn't be trying to fight me anyways. So it would be very hard to just simply over power her.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Aug 9, 2010 11:48 PM

Oct 2008
Hmm, if women did have equal rights, all of our perks would be gone.

Ex: Man pay for dinner, guy holding the doors/opening the doors for us or guy helping you into your jacket. I remember there was an episode of I Love Lucy for this XD

But anyways, I don't think it's right to hit anyone regardless of gender - as in the abusive way type...

Buuuuttttt, if I was a guy I would hit a girl if she hit me first (like, the rage, I-actually-want-to-hurt-you-bad type of way) just to stop her. I guess if the girl cheated on him then he could...? It's a grey area for me on that one XD
Aug 9, 2010 11:59 PM

Mar 2009
Nanako-chan said:
I guess if the girl cheated on him then he could...?

i don't think thats a reason to hit a woman
i mean you can talk things out or simply leave her and find a better woman
there is absolutely no reason to hit her because of that
the other way around too
a woman shouldnt hit her (Ex)boyfriend because he cheatet on her
Aug 10, 2010 12:04 AM

Aug 2010
I'd avoid anything that might lead to this kind of situation.

If I do get in this situation I'll analyze and weigh the pro's and con's, and the before and after if I do or do not hit her.

Now there are some women there that go mental and dare the guy to hit her saying, "see if I care! Go on! If you hate me so much!" blah blah blaaahh. Seen it happen. It was over an arguement that escalated into.. well.. that.

Personally, no. Fools stir up anger, while the wise will seek peace.

If it came to it, when you sense you'll almost go for it and hit her, just stare her down and walk away. Get some fresh air. Of course some will yell, "you coward!" and that usually makes it worse and garder to restrain your anger of hitting her. Hurts the pride.

Then the womans asking for it. Don't give in she'll just win.

It takes more courage to walk away than to take the easy way and physically hit the person, thinking that with this your point has been made clear.

Hitting is nothing more than frustration since you fail at explaining or talking some shitty matters over and across to the other person.

Fucking saw my parents almost kill each other. The fucking problem was, they fail to understand and land on a compromise. Their discussing divorce. Fuuuuck my life. Apparently it's hard to have a mutual understanding with one another after years of being together. HA! "till death do us part" my fucking shiny ass. >>
Thor got deleted... D:
Aug 10, 2010 12:16 AM

Nov 2008
Depends at the situation at hand.
Something cool to be placed here in the near future.
Aug 10, 2010 12:21 AM

Jan 2009
A good slap in the face just to put some female representatives at their place is sometimes necessary.
Hitting a woman sounds harsh, but no one's talking about boxing her in the nose. Slap on a chick is enough. It's considerate, not bloody, but still delivers the message quiet well.

Some women knowing how inappropriate it is to hit them, act like the own the world, the deserve to be killed or be driven by a car, so nice slap in the face will somewhat shock them but won't hurt them too much either.
Aug 10, 2010 12:39 AM

Mar 2010
No I would never hit a girl.
But I have hit a girls hand away from me but that was only cause she betrayed me and then tried to grab me to stop me from walking away.
Aug 10, 2010 1:04 AM

Oct 2009
I'm not in a position to pick a fight with anyone. Man or woman, and I doubt any of you are either. Just sayin'.
Aug 10, 2010 1:10 AM

Feb 2010
Let us pray the pimp's prayer.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2010 1:50 AM

Jan 2010
If she came scratching at me, I'd push her away.
Otherwise no.
I wouldn't hit a woman.
Aug 10, 2010 1:50 AM
Feb 2010
No. A man who has to resort to hitting a woman isn't a man at all.

But... in a life threatening situation, like if they were mugging me or something, then I'd be more than willing to open an equal-opportunity can of whoop-ass.
Aug 10, 2010 2:01 AM
Mar 2010
Finally men here are making sense.
Aug 10, 2010 2:06 AM

Sep 2009
i did hit her .....but not because of the situation that is listed above ....
Aug 10, 2010 2:34 AM
Jan 2010
I can't picture myself hitting any woman, but my mind tells me I would in a certain situation. Just can't think of what situation.

I voted "I'm a complete Dick and abuse girls physically" just for the lolz though.
Aug 10, 2010 2:42 AM
Jul 2010
Caught her cheating

Obiously..
Aug 10, 2010 3:45 AM
Oct 2009
Onibokusu said:
Free_Candy said:
Onibokusu said:
Free_Candy said:
Onibokusu said:
Equality man.

Of course I would.

Stereotyping is also sexism, as is generalising.

You post basically stated: Women are weak.

I know plenty of strong women.

How the fuck was i stereotyping and generalizing.

Women don't compete with men in content sports at a high level,

The fastest women can't outrun the fast men

The strongest women don't lift as weight as the strongest men.

This is fact, as simple as it gets.

You noticed i said "Women are weak." But didn't notice i said "on average bases?"

Obviously there are women out there that's stronger than men. But you don't say "men can grow perfect round tits too" just by looking at fat kids.

Was i stereotyping and generalizing? Or is that you can't get over the fact men and women are not created equal?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.