Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2010 1:49 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting so far, but I confess I'm having some trouble understanding the role of some characters in all of this, the plot in this regard is a little confusing.
KinetaNov 25, 2012 10:25 AM
Jun 4, 2011 9:59 AM

Apr 2009
Well for me I was expecting to be shown a map already to tell me where the hell everything is located! I mean like "Kingdom Here" next to the "Kingdom of There" bounded by this Mountain of Something or River of Whatever, uhmm you know fantasy geopolitical map staple of sort. Okay maybe I'm expecting too much so don't mind me. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 8, 2013 6:57 AM

Sep 2012
No need for a plot. You just have to beat the dark king.
Oct 15, 2014 1:19 AM

Aug 2013
Can't have a medieval fantasy-adventure without dragons.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 13, 2015 12:50 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I had forgotten that Norio Wakamoto had a rather comedic voice in this one. It's strange to hear him in the role of the thief.

The level of detail in some of the character designs (every time Karla shows up for example) is astounding. You rarely see that anymore.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 14, 2015 10:05 PM

Sep 2014
Dark Magic and Machinations. Ep 4.

Plot: Well Alan's no help with the Big Bad Beld on the move so Parn and Co move onto Valis where the King sends his Daughter Fianna as an envoy of alliance. But the Dark Witch Karla throughs this plan out but apparently not at Beld's request. Oh and there's a Black Dragon that might be the Dark Goddess Karlas. That's probably gonna make it worse.

Character: Karla is a big WTH at the moment. No doubt she's powerful but her true aim is still a mystery. How much is she playing at loyalty to Beld remains to be seen. The fact that she bears a resemblance to Leylia is another question mark.

Ghim gets a mention due to his mission being revisited with that vision Leylia, the girl he's searching for. It's a matter of debt to her mother so he's definitely got that honorable streak that Parn might seek in a master.

Parn himself gets a point for courage and sheer will. Karla may have been going easy on him but the fact that he moved and armed himself speaks to his potential. His path to knighthood is recalled with his disgust at Alain for not fighting for the fallen kingdoms and his father, who remains a part of his ideal of knighthood. The kid has an image to it and its probably taken a few hits with the deaths and jerks.

Animation/sound: Still decent. The forest of fairies did portray a enchanted place that could be beautiful and deadly well and the chase for Princess Fianna was well paced.

4/5. Karla is true Dragon to watch out for. Good luck Parn and Co.

PS: I thought it was funny when Parn passed the Princess to Etoh. It was like "Hold this. I got Witches to kill."
AarroninAug 14, 2015 10:09 PM

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Mar 25, 2016 8:02 AM

Jul 2015
Parn need to stop doing useless shit that lead to him being save every time, we got introduced to a lot of character, most are kings i assume and they all seems to be linked with the dark witch, love this anime so far !
Aug 3, 2016 12:18 PM

Feb 2015
Surprised they got out of that forest as quickly as they did; this episode seemed to be moving at a rather fast pace. Getting a little annoyed by Parn's hotheadedness all the time. He really needs to calm down.
Oct 24, 2016 5:06 AM

Feb 2014
The one blight on this series so far is Parn. He's been such a cliché shounen protagonist so far.
Feb 1, 2017 8:50 AM
Aug 2014
Well it's all pretty much worked out so far, so you can't really expect him to change.

When Parn showed up without Ghim to face the dark witch who possessed Leylia I was really expecting Ghim not to find out for a couple more episodes at least.
Feb 7, 2017 2:38 PM
Feb 2012
I'm really digging this, it's anime D&D- and that's only a good thing.
Oct 11, 2017 5:17 PM

Jul 2016
such a lovely anime. it was sad that all those soldiers died protecting the princess.
what was really cool was the barrier around parn that lazy-foot set up(i'll call him lazy-foot for now since i forgot his real name). i'm guessing sorcerers are a bit rare to find?
Feb 20, 2021 3:22 PM

Aug 2017
I like how everybody actually spends time to say the spells (except the main witch which probably indicates her power level)

Interestingly enough, Tomino once said in an interview with Anno (the one about V Gundam) that Rintaro's directing in Lodoss was great...except that he never directed anything there. I wonder if that was a mistranslation or whether Tomino was really that disconnected from the industry.

Dec 23, 2021 9:34 AM

Nov 2017
It would've been an easy ride through the Forest of No Return if everybody just stayed quiet lol. I was kinda hoping their journey in it though would be a little longer.

I wonder what kind of spell that witch casted. Like, just inhibiting someone's movements is some pretty scary stuff when you think about it
Mar 2, 2022 11:55 AM

Jan 2009
so the Witch is Leiyla or her body is possessed by that Evil Witch
Aug 23, 2022 4:56 AM
Ninja Consultant

Mar 2022
Parn is every stereotypical shounen or JRPG MC ever. xD
Beep boop
Mar 22, 2023 11:17 AM
Jan 2023
The facial expression of Deed along with the white sentry dragons are amazing.
Sep 18, 2023 12:29 PM

Dec 2022
How did evil witch lady know Princess Fiana was dispatched to send a message to Alania? Is she omniscient?

Is Kardis supposed to be a goddess? Awfully masculine voice for a "goddess". Could be that the guy hearing Kardis's voice had some kind of magical lobotomy, which would explain things.

Shaded Horizon

Jan 27, 6:15 AM
Dec 2017
boring anime. dropped.
Feb 15, 4:26 PM

Jul 2021
I love the dark medieval aesthetic.

The dragons look so cool in this show. along with the designs of all monsters and armor.

Mar 19, 4:10 AM

Sep 2016
I was thinking that this so far just feel like somone's DnD campaign, and looking it up it IS actually someone's DnD campaign! LMAO

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GlennMagusHarvey - Aug 11, 2010

50 by stupod »»
Apr 22, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki Episode 1 Discussion

Sick_Bastard - Oct 22, 2008

40 by ccernunnos »»
Apr 21, 3:12 PM

» Does the dub still hold up after 28 years?

funtime43_tr - Mar 31

3 by BthatTVK »»
Apr 1, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki Episode 12 Discussion

Veethorn - Aug 29, 2010

15 by bubba460z »»
Feb 15, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki Episode 11 Discussion

Veethorn - Aug 28, 2010

17 by bubba460z »»
Feb 15, 7:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.