Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2010 1:30 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was an unexpected interesting episode, especially cosidering the fact that it's about some characters we didn't know much about.
Oct 18, 2010 3:10 AM

Mar 2009
It seemed unrelated to the series at first, but then it actually gives more information about a character.
Jan 18, 2011 11:44 PM
Dec 2008
Considering the whole episode's focus was mainly on one guy's past, I hope he ends up playing a major role in things otherwise I'll be extremely disappointed. I'm fine with some filler like/background giving episodes like this one as long as it means I won't have as many "Where the heck did that come from?!?" moments

That said, I wanna see more of the TERRA director like in last ep, he's gotta be hiding some juicy secret like Jin is, right?
"Would you like a cinnamon cookie?" :P
Jan 27, 2013 8:26 PM

May 2010
That teacher looked exactly the same as the young dude
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 25, 2013 11:32 AM

Apr 2012
Easily one of the biggest WTF episodes so far, and not in a good way. Half the time I was left wondering whether this was a flashback or current episode. The teacher looking exactly like Makoto isn't explained until the very end, but in the midst of things the only logical explanation is that it is in fact him. And yet you have the trio who are clearly chibi versions of people we already know (and named the same), so you're already wondering who's a clone of who. To make things worse, they muck up random "Master" talk, "B" vs "D", and cloning nonsense. This isn't confusion because of a foreboding atmosphere. This is confusion because of frustation. I have higher expectations of RahXephon from its excellent beginning; this isn't it.
Nov 1, 2013 4:38 PM

Nov 2009
That was pretty random . . . I'm not sure what point the flash back proved other than that the master of Bahben or w/e is weird . . . Very weird . . .
Mar 4, 2014 5:42 AM

Sep 2013
So after 15 episodes im still clueless what's going on mostly
All I see every episode is random whimsical nonsense
Or am i just being dumb maybe?
Mar 23, 2014 10:52 AM

Aug 2012
Great episode, I enjoyed it. Although I'm disappointed that the guy is Makoto. He grew up to be the same bastard as his teacher.
I hope to see Helena die horribly.
Mar 26, 2014 3:46 AM

Jan 2013
alpir said:

I hope to see Helena die horribly.

+1
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Oct 5, 2015 12:01 AM
Feb 2014
Wow, this was my favorite episode so far, by far. I felt some sort of wonder watching this episode...the characters felt very genuine here, and I was totally immersed in their world for the first time this series. It gave me a similar vibe to the space flashback episodes of Trigun, my favorite episodes of that series. Little clue what people are rambling about here when they say 'what..this episode is so random and pointless.' This episode sets a very strong tone, revealed some backstory for several characters we've known little about, and gave us some small but important hints concerning the purpose and origins of instrumentalists. This will probably be very important in the coming episodes. We don't really know why anything is happening at this point, but not every episode is constructed to give you answers or solve your confusion, dude. That's part of this episode's appeal IMO.
Jan 14, 2017 10:19 PM

Oct 2012
Finally. This episode has to be the best episode thus far. Why? It's the only episode where it didn't have distracting parallels to Evangelion like the past episodes that fails to form its own unique identity. THIS episode did far better at letting us, the viewers, glean an interesting relationship between these... creatures (I presume to be Mu) and 'humans'. In fact, I'd say this episode does a far convincing job of connecting me to the 'enemy' than how NGE tried to humanize one of its 'enemies'.

Plus, for the first time in this series, the writing was better executed; the characters I've been fed so far feel so weird, uncanny, and react in... very odd ways, slow even. Here in this episode, just this quick backstory was able to paint more humanistic characters, which should had been more consistent and not come as a shock that suddenly the better episode just so happens to be one not tied directly to the present timeline.

I hope this is the point where RahXephon develops its own cast and mold and ditch trying to remix, and water down, so many scenes/situations already done far better in Evangelion.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jun 14, 2019 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
The best episode for being coherent and serving to flesh out a character. The standards are so low for this anime that just having coherence and relevance makes it the best episode lol.
Apr 4, 2020 12:46 AM

Nov 2015
if only the previous episodes were as this one instead of a story about a dude with a bunch of girls on top of him... im very disappointed at rahxephon and what i expected to be an intriguing story about musical aliens lol.

đź’˘

Jan 24, 2021 5:04 PM

Feb 2012
So at first it seems that the teacher that suspiciously looks like Makoto Isshiki may be the father of the long-haired kid, and maybe he's singling him out to avoid nepotism?

None of them have parents...because their adopted? And it turns out they are clones, intended to be instrumentalists, pilots of these prototype dolems that appear to be living rock creatures at the heart.

Young Isshiki is the long-haired kid and is considered inferior because he's not unique, he's a mass production model and the Bahbem foundation plan to raise him into another of those white-haired men like the teacher himself.

Helena was the worst of the bunch.

So at this point, Bahbem created the Mulian weapons, the Dolems, or were these something he reversed-engineered from the Mulians in order to combat them?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 26, 2021 8:33 PM

Jul 2009
Wow what an episode!

This episodes tells Isshiki, Helena, and Itsuki (Glasses Boy).

That's why the previous episode, Isshiki didn't want to meet with Helena. Due to her character's nature.

I think the Teacher Isshiki and the Child Isshiki are just clones. If you saw towards the end. There were a lot of old Isshiki people saying how the child is version 3.20. Why they old die old and probably have some sort of regressive aging process.

Both Teacher and Child Isshiki have the same VA. So it maybe confusing at first, but all clones are just clones.

Maybe that's why when we saw at an a couple of episodes back. Helena was pissed with the "Young" Clone Helena sitting on the lap of Ernst. She wanted to be picked by their "Father"

So the master was experimenting with some alien forms? Maybe that's why they know these "Mu" appearing? Were they responsible for it?

Singer for the ED has changed language from Japanese to English!

Let's go next episode!!
SomaHeirNov 26, 2021 9:29 PM
Jun 2, 2022 5:34 AM
Jan 2020
Guess it's not just a Eva rip-off anymore
Feb 22, 2023 9:24 AM

Feb 2015
I really don't understand people, this was by far the best episode.

Also why were people confused, it was clear these were clones, we had several teases about it already, the blonde girl that looks exactly like Helena(blonde "assistant") and the rumour about the head of the Foundation being immortal, Helena, Isshiki and Dr.Itsuki's implied shared history, then in this episode we have mentions of previous heads, the kids are treated like subjects, they don't have parents and the Isshiki "Professor" acts nothing like Isshiki we know until now.

I wish this series would've had merged episodes ~4~ through ~13~ or so, into about 3 episodes, most of those episodes could be entirely skipped over or only have one or two small things that add anything to the story, characters or worldbuilding, most important of all they're all kind of boring and repetitive.

Once it starts going, it's actually pretty good, even if it copies so much about NGE, but it still feels different enough.

edit: Final few episodes suck balls, this anime isn't underrated at all, it deserves its score.
SteelingMaxMar 14, 2023 11:35 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » RahXephon Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Leeonidas - Dec 17, 2008

99 by Erdgeist »»
May 2, 8:16 AM

» Is the MC a crybaby ?

Anowser - Jan 2, 2019

6 by thischeetobussin »»
Apr 6, 5:06 PM

Poll: » RahXephon Episode 1 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 20, 2009

32 by walla »»
Feb 2, 9:17 AM

Poll: » RahXephon Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

12 by Dawizz »»
Oct 8, 2023 12:09 AM

Poll: » RahXephon Episode 6 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 21, 2009

12 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 1, 2023 10:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.