Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 9, 2010 3:41 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah, Kuroko is annoying now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2010 4:45 AM
May 2010
so Ryoushi was a bad ass this time around i figure thats how he usually is except that fear of being seen stops it from showing opposite of Ryouko
new neko gloves!~ awesome i want some hehe

relationship has upped and dogs help save the day ahhh~

hope to see more n more and hope its stays good and gets even better!~~~
Jul 9, 2010 4:50 AM
Aug 2009
It's entertaining at least.
I won't give this more than a 7 out of 10.
Still it's getting better and better; even the useless narrator isn't as annoying as before.
Jul 9, 2010 5:02 AM

Apr 2009
Still feels like Railgun in an alternate universe where Kuroko has full range.
Her commentary wasn't as annoying as last time.

We're shown Ookami's weaknesses and Ryoushi's strengths in this ep,
But I'm not sure if that will be enough to keep me interested.

"I am a hunter!"
Made me rofl.
Jul 9, 2010 6:05 AM

Jul 2009
Where does all the hate against the narrator come from? =O
I for one love her and her remarks xD

Somewhat entertaining and I was actually surprised when they showed a bit of realism and added electricity to Ryouko's knuckles "so that even a girl could fight with them".
Though after Morino's display of sudden power and hand to hand combat I guess that moment of realism was blown away^^

Sherr said:

"I am a hunter!"
Made me rofl.
Same here
The whole scene was just so ridiculous xD
Jul 9, 2010 6:06 AM
Jun 2009
Ryuoshi: "I'll protect Ryouko-san!"

-> dropped
Jul 9, 2010 6:37 AM

Jun 2010
My impression of the main character has gone up. Whee.
Jul 9, 2010 6:41 AM

Apr 2010
Meddigo said:
Aversa said:

The prince and princess set out to save the maiden in distress.
But ones they arrive at the place of the maidens peril they get surrounded by evil soldiers, and despite the prince efforts his princess gets captured.
Now the prince calls his friends and sets out to save his princess from the hands of the evil soldiers and there king.
And with the help of 2 dogs and his friends the prince saves the princess.

Sounds a lot like Bleach to me.
Bleach is basically a fairy tail, just with some twists along the way.
And countless fillers.
Jul 9, 2010 7:11 AM

Jul 2009
Decent episode even though it doesn't play out the fairy tale parody.
Ryoushi had earn extra point from me for fighting with the bad guy one-on-one to protect Ryouko.Damn that narrator,it is necessary to sprout out line like this "RYOUKO LIKES DOGS," followed by Ryoushi walking out and untying them… "THESE ARE RYOUSHI’S DOGS!".It's like they treating us like bunch of clueless children.
I wonder what's the deal between Otohime & Urashima anyway?

Sherr said:

"I am a hunter!"
I swear that i he would say "I AM GUNDAM!" at that scene >.>
Jul 9, 2010 7:35 AM

Mar 2008
I really loved this episode. I hope it will get better. It was pretty predictable, but even then. It was cool. And that says something =P.

Damn, I want more =(
Jul 9, 2010 9:18 AM

Jan 2009
chinaboat said:
Meddigo said:
Araya said:
Meddigo said:
This episode didn't even have a fairy tale to twist! That was the only thing I liked about the first episode (how they twisted Cinderella).

It was The boy who cried wolf.
Do you know the story of The Boy Who Cried Wolf?

Cause there wasn't anything even close to that fairy tale in this episode.

I believe it was "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" but instead of the fairy tale it was a pun on Ookami's name. The narrator is supposed to be like the narration of a children's book which is usually much more explanatory than that in a book for a more mature reader; think of a parent reading it to a child; in that regard I think she's spot on. That said, I think she could be toned down by a least a third, we get it already.

I was looking forward to another over the top parody and skewering common anime tropes like the first episode. But it was your basic spunky teen action series. Unless the stuff that ZilpZalp commented on was supposed to be fight parody - I haven't watched enough action anime to recognize it (a drawback with parody, the audience needs the same reference level as the writer) if it was.

I think somebody asked about Elizabeth and Francoise. (Because of "Francoise" I took a guess and searched "Elizabeth et Francoise") Elizabeth Teissier and Francoise Hardy are currently two very famous French astrologers - I assume the reason for the dogs' names will be explained in future episodes.

two things:
Good call on the purpose of the narrator, I think you hit the nail on the head.

And Thanks for researching the dogs names, I google'd it as well but I think Elizabeth is an astronomer while Francoise is like a talk show host or something. Idk I feel like they might be too current to have a fairy-tale relation.

could have something to do with this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_tale_-_A_True_Story
Elizabeth Earl played by Frances Griffiths :P

or this guy, though not really a fairy tail
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Drake
Jul 9, 2010 9:43 AM

Apr 2010
oh man i am loving this anime more and more. it is a good episode and i give it a 10/10. but something tells me that development will take alot longer than it is supposed to. oh well i hope there are 24 episodes to this anime.
Jul 9, 2010 9:43 AM

Apr 2010
oh man i am loving this anime more and more. it is a good episode and i give it a 10/10. but something tells me that development will take alot longer than it is supposed to. oh well i hope there are 24 episodes to this anime.
Jul 9, 2010 10:47 AM

Apr 2009
it was alright. it's a decent show and it's fun to watch but it doesn't seem like something that'll remain in my memory after it's over, yet. still plenty of time to become something better though.
Jul 9, 2010 11:48 AM

May 2010
Ryoushi make his move... I hope there will be less Kuroko's narrator...

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Jul 9, 2010 2:20 PM

Apr 2010
This episode was OK.. but ZzZzZzzzzZzz

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Jul 9, 2010 2:27 PM

Feb 2010
Come now! Ryouko is definately Taiga! Well in a taller and more wildly dressed manner, but she's definately Taiga! She even got most of Taiga's personality, the only thing a bit off is the voice. Actually Taiga's VA is making an appearance in this show: http://myanimelist.net/character/33808/Mimi_Usami

Sorry for that... Anyway, awesome episode, I'm really getting into the story. Also that narrator is just lol. Didn't point out Ryouko's flat chest much this time around, but still...
Jul 9, 2010 3:06 PM
Mar 2010
........mhmhmhmhm........
I got 4/5.... but there is something makes me think.....
real theme what is??? mhmhm 2nd ep plot is a little serious.... 1st ep plot was hilarious... at this point I wait next ep to verify theme....
Narrator? aaaaahhhhhhh with subs it's hard follow all scenes, at this moment: trial postponed!!
there are any scenes in this ep very good, in summary it seems good anime, but its potential should be higher than seen so far. Nice ending XD
Waiting for third episode....
Jul 9, 2010 4:07 PM

Aug 2009
so ryoushi = ussop/sogeking haha
Jul 9, 2010 4:35 PM

Aug 2009
Better than the previous episode, but got too cheesy for me at the end.

4/5
Jul 9, 2010 8:00 PM

May 2009
Wow it's a very good ep
hope they don't put random stuffs in it :3

BTW
why is it called ookami-san and seven companions
if they are 8 including morino? XDD
Jul 9, 2010 10:55 PM

Jun 2008
So now it's: Taiga + Hinagiku + BiriBiri???

Oh, I guess that's why Kuroko is the narrator :P

Anyways, a better episode from the first,

and to all the people complaining about not being able to read the subs: that's not good for you, the way the subs come out, you should be able to read all of it without any problems, if you can't, I'm afraid your reading skills are below High School level :(
Jul 9, 2010 11:38 PM

May 2009
I swear Ryoushi is about to shout 'ORE WA..... GUNDAM DA!!!'
after all we got Ribbons Almark there. XD

Great episode. Ryoushi's sudden OHKO punch is a bit off for me though.

Jul 10, 2010 2:18 AM

Dec 2007
much better then the first episode!! i didnt really get into it on episode 1 but this episode was amazing!!
Jul 10, 2010 2:40 AM

Feb 2008
It bothers me that what's his face only has one eye.
Jul 10, 2010 3:17 AM

Jan 2010
Great Episode! Ryoushi was so cool in this episode.
And he indeed has a sharp eye!

I'm glad the there was less narrator that at least gives characters a more free will.
I'm not sure if I said that right...

Will most likely change this soon. || PNCH || PPFC || Anime Familia || EHC
Jul 10, 2010 4:31 AM

Apr 2009
Wow I didn't know Ryoushi had balls! Not bad, not bad at all. And lol at that ending loop XD
Jul 10, 2010 6:30 AM
Dec 2008
Needs more Kuroko
Jul 10, 2010 8:26 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
I cried as soon as the first seconds. Stupid Kuroko Arai Satomi. Die. : <
Ah well, this is good as long as Arai doesn't speak. Constantly resisting urge to bang head against table.
I just can't stand her.. =3= (She's even worse as narrator than as Kuroko >.>)

Butthurt much?
Jul 10, 2010 10:05 AM

Sep 2009
OShoranO said:
Wow I didn't know Ryoushi had balls! Not bad, not bad at all. And lol at that ending loop XD

some hated this but I like it when he said "I am a hunter...and I am the one who will catch her" or something like that...
but why a slingshot?? (at least a pistol)
and what the hell is a wolf's coating???(can someone explain it to me)

narrator is kinda annoying, thank goodness for the subs I know what the characters are saying...

well enough chatter..
episode was good, could use some improvements...
overall 4/5 for me..

CLICK!!
Jul 10, 2010 10:23 AM

Dec 2008
meh i liked the last episode, but didnt care too much for this one, since the last episode parodied cinderella, if this episode was a parody of a fairy tale i didnt catch the reference.

Kuroko STFU!!!!!
Jul 10, 2010 10:45 AM

Jul 2008
eternalblade13 said:
OShoranO said:

some hated this but I like it when he said "I am a hunter...and I am the one who will catch her" or something like that...
but why a slingshot?? (at least a pistol)
and what the hell is a wolf's coating???(can someone explain it to me)

narrator is kinda annoying, thank goodness for the subs I know what the characters are saying...

well enough chatter..
episode was good, could use some improvements...
overall 4/5 for me..

Lol with his hax accuracy if he had a pistol he would kill everyone without Ryouko being able to fight XD.

Dude was cool a moment here, it look like he is getting more and more used at being looked at so I don't expect him to keep this problem for the whole show. More badass Ryoushi is welcomed.
Jul 10, 2010 12:07 PM

May 2007
Nagi- said:
Needs more Kuroko

Jul 10, 2010 7:19 PM

Mar 2010
well it is better than the last episode
but still average...
Jul 10, 2010 8:35 PM

Oct 2008
Omg the dogs are so cute.

And loved the scenes between Urashima and Otohime. xD
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 10, 2010 9:21 PM

Jan 2010
Good. Great to watch. Still 7/7, but no less, maybe sometimes more.
Ryoshi is a great character and I really love how his feelings towards Ookami are expressed.
Jul 11, 2010 5:40 AM

Jun 2009
A so-so episode, didn't enjoyed that much. Ryoushi look so cool at the end, but what do Ryoushi means that "The one who catches Ryouko will be me" ?? and also Kuroko I mean the narrator said "Ryoushi said something quite troubling"
Does he mean by he really likes her or something else?? Anyways I kinda like the Urashima guy, pfft womanizer:DD

But looking forward to future eps:D

Jul 11, 2010 1:21 PM

Mar 2009
Really good episode, I'm really enjoying this show so far.

There are way too many good shows this season, I'm gonna have a full plate for these next 3 months.

The characters are all just fantastic, especially Miyu as Ryoushi!
When he went all bad ass...GARRR I AM A HUNTER! LMAO F****** WIN!!!

I personally like the narrator, her voice suits it and the timing is perfect.
I'll admit it does get in the way of the dialogue, but it needs to for the timing of the jokes.
It really makes you feel like you're reading the books.

As much as I know they'll never do it, I'd love them to bring the novel(s)? to the states, I know I would love these books. But Yen Press is starting to pick up some good titles in Light Novels, so I'll hope for it.

Definitely watching this one!!

Urahara Out!!
Jul 11, 2010 2:25 PM

Aug 2009
Narrator saves this anime.

Episode was mehh. The only thing I like about Ookami-kun is her manliness (<3). Her tsundere-ness is too bogstandard and sickening.

But I may like this anime more as it goes on.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 11, 2010 6:05 PM

Aug 2008
aww those Japanese Akita's are cute.

It's nice to see Morita finally becoming more like a man.
Jul 12, 2010 5:29 PM

May 2008
The narrator needs to shut up sometimes. I can't read two lines of text at once and it keeps confusing me. One second I'll be reading the conversation and next the stupid narrator's lines.

This episode was meh... I was too busy hating the narrator.
Jul 12, 2010 5:50 PM
Feb 2010
Wow... this ep is great... much better than ep1.

Finally some solid character development. Lols at "I'll be the one to catch Ookami-san!".

But somehow this anime's boy and girl potential couple is seeming to be like those 2 in Medaka Box? The boy covers the girl's back so she dun have to worry. Sounds familiar rite?

What were the last few seconds of the ep for?

Jul 12, 2010 7:53 PM

May 2008
This episode definitely confirmed my love for this series. Even though it's only the second episodes, we already get to see the other side of both of the main characters, and I quite like Ryoushi's badass side and Ookami's cute side. Of course, the other side of their personalties are just as good. I'm excited to see what'll happen next in the plot, and the further development of Ookami and Ryoushi's relationship.
Jul 12, 2010 11:20 PM

Apr 2010
Seemed like a slow episode. But it seemed to focus on Ookami's other side and Morino's devotion to her for this episode.

Just by the last part of the episode, it seems like this could possibly be wrapped up in 12 episodes or a little bit more. Since they're already introducing the villains. Hopefully this doesn't get rushed like a couple series did last season.
Jul 13, 2010 10:34 AM

Sep 2008
This show is terrible.
I'll continue watching this though, because Ookami-san looks like Taiga.
That was the reason I started watching this anyway, lol.
Jul 13, 2010 2:15 PM

Apr 2009
Guh. I don't mind the narrator's voice, I mind THE NARRATOR. Come on. I don't need smartass remarks, or stating things I could figure out by myself.

Ryoushi's sudden power-up was lame, and his I'M A HUNTER proclamation even more so, but surprisingly enough, I didn't mind it all that much xp Maybe because I kind of like him.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 13, 2010 7:40 PM

Feb 2010
Narrator was funny the first episode, when she didn't talk all over the episode. Now, it was pointing to too much things that we could perfectly notice by ourselves and when it talked over the characters dialogues it turned so annoying!!
It rest the series a few points if it continue like that. Really, really I hope it doesn't.
----
Ryoushi sudden power and guts were a bit irreal, but whatsoever, I still enjoyed it. Not the fight itself but his attitude a bit more...(the manly voice he did on the phone was godly xD). I'm still thinking of him and Ringo as my favorite characters of the show º3º
Jul 13, 2010 10:23 PM

Feb 2010
I enjoy the narrator's voice, but she talks too much, and often over other characters. That is supremely annoying.
Jul 14, 2010 11:07 AM

Jun 2010
Ryoushi being a hero then Ryouko admitted he was cool
nice tandem! :D
Jul 15, 2010 12:58 AM

Aug 2008
Yeah, the narrator needs to put a fuckin' sock in it. I was reluctant at first to continue this series, but this episode was really really entertaining. I enjoyed it a lot more than the first.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Light novel ending slight summary.

Loxe - Jun 20, 2016

10 by CitrusBreeze »»
Feb 18, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MorningGlory - Sep 15, 2010

269 by waalex11 »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:36 PM

Poll: » Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 18, 2010

183 by epr0x »»
Aug 5, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Aug 11, 2010

159 by epr0x »»
Aug 3, 2023 9:59 PM

Poll: » Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 28, 2010

152 by epr0x »»
Jul 29, 2023 9:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.