Forum Settings
Forums

Profile (anime/manga) stats don't update properly

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Dec 26, 2010 5:29 AM

Sep 2010
Shiitsu said:
Daisuken said:
It would be a nice Christmas present to finally update my anime stats... It almost have been 2 months since my stat moved a bit =/

Same here

+1
Dec 26, 2010 2:20 PM

Mar 2009
Feels like this site is falling apart... no support, news, or fixes for any of these problems that have been coming up lately. I'm amazed at how many features of MAL has been going haywire each day...
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Dec 26, 2010 3:38 PM

Dec 2010
michmecha said:
Shiitsu said:
Daisuken said:
It would be a nice Christmas present to finally update my anime stats... It almost have been 2 months since my stat moved a bit =/

Same here

+1

+2
Dec 26, 2010 3:55 PM
Jan 2010
End of season. Setting as "completed" is really a pain in the ass.
Dec 26, 2010 11:57 PM

Aug 2009
My list isn't updating either =/
Dec 27, 2010 9:56 AM

Jul 2010
Gorim said:
Im sure they are doing everything they can. There's nothing to do but sit back and wait until they fix it, though it may take a while.

Nah son. It's already been a while. It's been a damn long while. It has been so long that if Xinil posts something as simple as 'Hello' in this thread it will make people happy. At this point we just want to know that a dev is just reading the thread instead of ignoring us.
Dec 27, 2010 4:21 PM

Oct 2008
It seems one of the DB admins may have taken notice of this topic since they're linking to it...
Dec 27, 2010 4:40 PM

Mar 2009
Sealclubber said:
Nah son. It's already been a while. It's been a damn long while. It has been so long that if Xinil posts something as simple as 'Hello' in this thread it will make people happy. At this point we just want to know that a dev is just reading the thread instead of ignoring us.

Haha so true... we get no love anymore~ .... The "main" purpose of this site is and always have been to track episodes you have watched but it can't even tho that properly anymore...
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Dec 27, 2010 4:44 PM

May 2010
They've noticed.

Check out the thread Here
Dec 28, 2010 1:46 PM
Jun 2010
I have the same problem with my list.
Dec 29, 2010 6:08 AM
Apr 2009
same problem... again =)
Dec 29, 2010 9:56 AM

Aug 2010
I had a dream last night that my stats updated...(you know those dreams where your unsure if it was a dream or reality?) well i woke up and checked my profile, and they were still frozen :*(
Dec 29, 2010 10:25 AM

Jun 2010
ThorAxe911 said:
I had a dream last night that my stats updated...(you know those dreams where your unsure if it was a dream or reality?) well i woke up and checked my profile, and they were still frozen :*(

ROFL
Dec 29, 2010 11:17 AM

Dec 2010
My manga list updates just fine, but my anime list simply won't do. I got 0 entires, although when I check the list, there are more than 120. I also reckon that the MAL-signature you can make won't accept changes to the background image used.
Dec 29, 2010 5:55 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Your anime stats are not updating because of lag. The same lag that is affecting the rest of the site. I realise that users are seeing various response times for updates, from a few hours to days to weeks (and thus, if you just joined, never). There is nothing wrong with your account specifically. It's how the updates get processed. The fact of the matter is we are still grossly behind on updates due to the incredible lag that has been terrorising us for weeks.

We are aware of the lag and as frustrated by it - if not more so - than you are. Everything possible is being done to correct for it and get the site back up into working order. You can see this via the announcement threads. Until the site lag is resolved, your stats could take days or weeks to update. And if you just joined, they may be frozen until then. Manga updates are seen faster because there are significantly less of them as compared to anime.

tl;dr: We cannot go in and update your stats manually. They will be corrected when the lag affecting the rest of the site is finally resolved.

So no more +1s, "me too"s or "the mods hate us" posts. Unless you have something useful to say, I don't want to see another post in this thread until the lag has been resolved and you suspect something new is affecting the stats.

And as always, we appreciate your patience.
KinetaDec 29, 2010 5:58 PM
Dec 29, 2010 6:57 PM
May 2010
Well, I only wanted to say that I have some months and my stats haven't updated....I knew there was too much lag but I usully waited some weeks and updated correctly but like I said it's been a long time since I don't see any update and I've added a lot of hours to my MAL hahah XD

(I know there is the lag and so on, but I don't think its normal that so many months passed and my list remains the same).

Thx for the news =D
Dec 29, 2010 9:57 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
NHS-KEMISH said:
(I know there is the lag and so on, but I don't think its normal that so many months passed and my list remains the same).
There is not some bug affecting only your account. How long stats take to update will vary from account to account and - as I said in my earlier post - some of you may not see any updates at all until the lag is fixed. This isn't like the forum where 3 hours later your post appears.

Honestly, I wish I could do something to help you but there's really nothing I can do.

I will be removing any posts that are not "useful". I don't want my post to be lost in a see of "but what about my account"s. I hope you all understand.
Dec 30, 2010 4:48 AM

Dec 2009
though I'm not DB administrator... I was thinking do you think it's possible to fix the DB by turning off the site for hours or days then let the server run so that it could focus updating the DB so it doesn't waste the computational power since the user's are offline.
Dec 30, 2010 9:57 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
With the current state of things, we'd only start lagging behind again as soon as we came online. Better just to leave things as they are until we can fix the problem itself.
Jan 2, 2011 12:18 PM

Oct 2009
Kineta said:
tl;dr: We cannot go in and update your stats manually. They will be corrected when the lag affecting the rest of the site is finally resolved.
And when will that be?
Jan 2, 2011 8:55 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Jan 5, 2011 7:36 AM

Feb 2010
Yeah it's annoying, but I'm a web designer myself and know how hard this can be. There is certainly something wrong in the database of this website, which is causing a major lag. My stats haven't been updated in months, maybe not even once since summer.

I guess rewriting the database might help, but that's gonna be a hell of a job. Anyways, I hope it will be fixed early this year as said in another thread.

Good luck!
Jan 5, 2011 5:13 PM

Jul 2008
My stats were updating fine yesterday, but I changed all of my currently watching titles to on hold earlier and now the stats have gone awol. Ooh, there we are. The stats are back from their holiday.
ToukaJan 5, 2011 6:27 PM
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Jan 6, 2011 3:39 AM

Jul 2010
My stats didn't updated in about 2 weeks... i mean this:
Completed

Watching

Can i do something? or i must just wait more, huh?
incompleteAEGISJan 6, 2011 3:44 AM
Jan 6, 2011 4:14 AM

Sep 2009
My stats didn't update for 3.5 weeks for now. Still waiting for fix (((
Jan 7, 2011 12:06 AM
Dec 2010
Similar problem. On my profile the manga stats are ok, but anime stats show nothing, while my list is working properly (I mean I have no problem with updating it). Link to page: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Altramertes
Jan 7, 2011 1:15 AM

Jan 2010
I have the same problem.
My stats are frozen and it hasn't changed for half year (since August, I think). For example, I completed 249 anime and stats show 215.
I had had similar problem before, too, but stats were frozen about 2 weeks.
What can I do? I wait for update too long. :<
Jan 7, 2011 3:34 AM

Oct 2009
I got this problem to. My profile stats aren't updating for about three weeks now.
For example, I'm watching 8 anime atm, profile still says 20.
Jan 7, 2011 4:10 AM

Dec 2009
Same problem here. I don't think my stats updated once since last november.

Do we at least know what triggers it?
I think my problem started when I properly imputed some show's "start and finished" dates and changed the style of my list.
Jan 7, 2011 7:34 AM
Nov 2008
I can never even get my list to update once I complete a show. Before I complete it, the episodes seem to update fine, but I have a lot of trouble setting it at complete, takes a few hours of me trying again and again usually.
Jan 7, 2011 7:52 AM

Oct 2008
Incase you missed:
Kineta said:
Your anime stats are not updating because of lag. The same lag that is affecting the rest of the site. I realise that users are seeing various response times for updates, from a few hours to days to weeks (and thus, if you just joined, never). There is nothing wrong with your account specifically. It's how the updates get processed. The fact of the matter is we are still grossly behind on updates due to the incredible lag that has been terrorising us for weeks.

We are aware of the lag and as frustrated by it - if not more so - than you are. Everything possible is being done to correct for it and get the site back up into working order. You can see this via the announcement threads. Until the site lag is resolved, your stats could take days or weeks to update. And if you just joined, they may be frozen until then. Manga updates are seen faster because there are significantly less of them as compared to anime.

So no more +1s, "me too"s or "the mods hate us" posts. Unless you have something useful to say, I don't want to see another post in this thread until the lag has been resolved and you suspect something new is affecting the stats.

And as always, we appreciate your patience.
Jan 7, 2011 8:14 AM
Jul 2010
It's not just you guys, so I guess being impatient won't help you, as Xinil said, it should be fixed early this year, though dunno what did he mean by saying "early" anyways waiting is all we can, and posting here won't increase your chance of your list getting updated, mines haven't updated since November, but it can't be helped, I hope it will update eventually :)
Jan 7, 2011 1:44 PM

Jul 2010
Like a lot of you, I have that problem too. But weirdly enough, this is what happened :

1. It updated properly (both Anime and Manga list, I added a few new one)

2. Just a few minutes later, the Anime stat (and Anime stat only, the manga one is still updating properly for me) went back to what it was before...

I do not know if that could be of any indication of what the problem could be, but I still wanted to point it out just in case...
Jan 8, 2011 3:32 PM
Jul 2008
Oh no I'm having the same problem now my stats not updating. look like it gonna take a long time.
Jan 8, 2011 3:48 PM
Jul 2018
Neither anime nor manga list updating =_=
Jan 8, 2011 4:00 PM

Apr 2008
ARTFX said:
Yeah it's annoying, but I'm a web designer myself and know how hard this can be.

What does that have to do with the back end?
Jan 8, 2011 5:21 PM
Apr 2010
It's a shame that a bug/Lag that greatly inhibits a major use of the site is still prevalent after 6 months

I guess the best way is still using a .txt file instant updates and not having to worry about stuff updating or not

defeats the purpose of using an aid like MALU when ever you update something when ever it goes to load it complains that the said item wasn't updated
Jan 8, 2011 5:48 PM

Jan 2011
Same problem as everyone else, to the point that I can't even edit the score of something without it immediately reverting back.
Jan 8, 2011 6:35 PM

Sep 2008
Animelist not updating AGAIN, goddammit MAL, get this fixed already...
Jan 8, 2011 9:52 PM

Apr 2008
Well on the one hand I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem. On the other hand it is kind of anoying. Any word on when this will be fixed?
Jan 8, 2011 10:06 PM

Jan 2008
I too am having this problem. I've watched anime and read manga today, updated, and nothing's changed.

Also having troubles with the forum. It shows that a thread exists, but when you click on it, it disappears. And now we have multiple threads for the same episode discussion.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 8, 2011 10:53 PM

Jul 2010
It's happening again. The "anime list is not updating" thing.
Why does it always happen anyway?
Jan 8, 2011 11:05 PM

Mar 2010
Had this problem for quite some time.. Didn't know it was so common though o.o
Jan 8, 2011 11:39 PM
Jan 2010
been 7 months since it reported the bug and have not arranged for administrators as shit
fix a bug fucking time or Reboot everything and start from scratch. (google translator)
Jan 9, 2011 1:09 AM

Aug 2010
I'm jumping on this bandwagon. My anime list on my panel does not update, though strangely my manga list does. I have no idea why.
Jan 9, 2011 6:53 AM

Oct 2009
MoonFox said:
Had this problem for quite some time.. Didn't know it was so common though o.o
Same here. I've had it for a couple of months now but it didn't strike me that it might have been something affecting someone else. I hope for this to be solved within the near future (Although it seems futile).
Jan 9, 2011 8:55 AM

Nov 2009
Yeah I noticed it when I started on the new anime for this season, the number im currently watching does not change yet they are there when I look at my list directly.

Just a bit of lag I guess?
Jan 9, 2011 11:16 AM

Sep 2008
Episodes watched doesn't update.
"Plan to Watch" anime doesn't get added into list.
Cannot accept friend requests.

Just reporting!
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Jan 9, 2011 11:25 AM

Oct 2010
One update since October, and that 1 update was back in early November.
Jan 9, 2011 11:33 AM

Mar 2008
I'm having the same problem, also when I post something on an anime discussion board it doesn't show up.

It's becoming a little annoying.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3420 by xnamelessx »»
2 hours ago

» MAL only working with VPN right now

tsukareru - Today

13 by Noboru »»
4 hours ago

» How to Disable the episode Discussion Popup for ALL series

Ninja522 - Aug 23, 2022

17 by BasicFantasyBish »»
Yesterday, 10:14 PM

» Constant captcha

Aggnog - Yesterday

2 by Serafos »»
Yesterday, 9:00 PM

» [Resolved] WHITE SCREEN, forum pages doesn't load properly

Coaghim - May 13

19 by Kineta »»
May 14, 7:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.