Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 17, 1:10 AM

Feb 2018
Is it down in some areas? I get an error that the website is taking too long to respond

May 17, 1:18 AM
Jul 2021
YESSSSS, this is happening to me also. I can't access the website at all on any browser normally on PC. But with a VPN, I can access it on PC. On my android though, the website and app are working perfectly. This is really irritating.
May 17, 1:26 AM

Feb 2020
This site is seriously constantly broken. :C All these random bugs are so annoying.
May 17, 1:28 AM

Aug 2018
Probably. Just normal MAL things đź’…
May 17, 1:29 AM

Jan 2009
maybe region lock thing here in south east asia no vpn is needed
May 17, 1:33 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to deg
maybe region lock thing here in south east asia no vpn is needed
@deg im from south asia. region lock doesnt make sense cuz i can use MAL from my android, website and app both. This is really weird. Only the PC website isnt working, heck, the desktop version of website on the phone is working but not on the actual desktop.

Even more irritating, I am not able to join the discord, because I am not active enough??? Like damn, you cant ask for help or participate unless you dedicate you life to anime and using MAL. This is really stupid.
May 17, 1:35 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Domeoryx
@deg im from south asia. region lock doesnt make sense cuz i can use MAL from my android, website and app both. This is really weird. Only the PC website isnt working, heck, the desktop version of website on the phone is working but not on the actual desktop.

Even more irritating, I am not able to join the discord, because I am not active enough??? Like damn, you cant ask for help or participate unless you dedicate you life to anime and using MAL. This is really stupid.
@Domeoryx mal discord has more strict rules than mal forums afaik thats why i never used it too im sure they gonna say to you to complain here in the proper subforum for complaining rather than the chat focus discord
May 17, 1:37 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to deg
@Domeoryx mal discord has more strict rules than mal forums afaik thats why i never used it too im sure they gonna say to you to complain here in the proper subforum for complaining rather than the chat focus discord
@deg yeah... I just hope some Mod sees this and helps to fix it.
May 17, 6:35 AM

Jan 2009
Clear your cookies and cache (ctrl shift del) select the whole time and restart your browser
Check your DNS. Maybe a public DNS like 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 can help
Otherwise, reset your router if you have dynamic IP and check again
May 17, 8:33 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Noboru
Clear your cookies and cache (ctrl shift del) select the whole time and restart your browser
Check your DNS. Maybe a public DNS like 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 can help
Otherwise, reset your router if you have dynamic IP and check again
@Noboru thanks for replying. I had cleared cache and cookies and it hadn't worked. I do use 1.1.1.1 DNS too. Anyways, now the website is suddenly working across all browsers almost normally. It's really slow and laggy, randomly selecting things im hovering over and all. No idea what it is smoking.

Idk if it was a problem with my ISP or something, no clue honestly. I just hope it continues working and the problem doesn't crop up again in the future.
DomeoryxMay 17, 8:37 AM
May 17, 8:39 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Domeoryx
@Noboru thanks for replying. I had cleared cache and cookies and it hadn't worked. I do use 1.1.1.1 DNS too. Anyways, now the website is suddenly working across all browsers almost normally. It's really slow and laggy, randomly selecting things im hovering over and all. No idea what it is smoking.

Idk if it was a problem with my ISP or something, no clue honestly. I just hope it continues working and the problem doesn't crop up again in the future.
@Domeoryx You're welcome. Though if you already use a public DNS, you can try a different one instead or revert back to your ISP ones
May 17, 8:43 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Noboru
@Domeoryx You're welcome. Though if you already use a public DNS, you can try a different one instead or revert back to your ISP ones
@Noboru I'll remember it if anything like this happens in the future. Thanks a lot..
May 17, 10:39 AM

Feb 2018
@Noboru thanks for the reply. I didn't have to do anything but it's working fine now

May 17, 11:11 AM

Jan 2009
@Domeoryx and @tsukareru: you're both welcome regardless
There's also the "reset network settings" you could test. Or just wait until it works normal again and do something else in the meantime, lol

More topics from this board

» PLEASE bring back the functions to reply in forum games

tsukareru - May 17

18 by tsukareru »»
1 hour ago

» I presume the site is having a few intermittent issues right now... right?

Daviljoe193 - Yesterday

4 by Noboru »»
3 hours ago

» ask if i want to discuss a chapter when i change it on my list not showing up

deg - Jan 26

8 by ReaperCreeper »»
5 hours ago

» Can't click anything using Brave but Incognito mode works fine

Troord - Aug 12, 2023

8 by PirateIchigo_ »»
8 hours ago

» Fantasy Anime League User and Points counter stuck

Naoki-Saten - May 30

0 by Naoki-Saten »»
May 30, 10:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.