Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 4 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 25, 9:38 AM

Nov 2011
Touka taking on this expedition mission to the ruins seemed sketchy at first.

This episode in general just had an eerie vibe from the beginning although it looks like Touka isn't intimidated by the guys talking down on him. I guess Touka still has a hard time trusting others although the woman he was working with didn't seem like a bad person.
Jul 25, 10:38 AM

Feb 2018
Nice to see that mc finally teamed up with an elf girl.

Also I like how the animation gets worse and worse each episode. A few more and it will be a full 3D CGI show with some still images here and there.
Jul 25, 10:44 AM
Sep 2015
It can't decide to be 2D or 3D so it end up as a hybrid, but the animation quality is not the worst part of this anime.
Jul 25, 11:24 AM

Feb 2019
Is this author not capable of writing villains who aren’t rapey misogynistic pieces of shit? I know it’s a cheap and easy way to get the audience invested and angry, but it’s just so cheap. I can see doing it once like last week, but running the same gimmick back this week with the dude who tried “exposing” Mist was overdoing it.

That whole scene made me so uncomfortable seeing how easily he degraded someone he doesn’t even know in public like that and then the audacity to get upset when it turns out you had the wrong person 😭 how you gonna blame her for you being wrong.

Glad Momori gave them the exact sort of death they deserved in that dungeon. Wanted to rape a woman and make her monster feed, now you’ll get the pleasure of being monster meal 🤷🏾‍♂️

At least there’s SOME decent people in this world. The Saber Tigers commander ordering a retreat because of how dangerous the ruins turned out being was refreshing. Someone actually valuing peoples’ lives isn’t something we’ve seen a lot in this story.

The direction felt so off during the Toka and Mist convo in the dungeon. Feels like there were some cuts that were happening way too quickly and also Seven Arcs can’t decide if they wanna do 3D or 2D. I still don’t understand why basic ass conversations need to switch to 3D. Just do one or the other 😭 the story is actually interesting but the production values just kill it.

Now that Toka’s partying up with Mist should get interesting. She’s obviously the elf waifu but why’s she hiding and from who? Also if the golden aura thing is a sign of demon king energy, does that mean the golden hero aka Toka’s classmate is being manipulated by it?

This Civit character they teased at the end looks interesting as well. Wonder what Toka’s got himself into by partying up with Mist lol.
Marinate1016Jul 25, 11:50 AM
Jul 25, 11:33 AM

Jul 2017
This is about just as complete as an Chogakusei's OP can get, when it comes to the visuals.

Touka reaching the Provincial City of Mils for a rest, though it's natural that he takes on an alias name of Hati Skoll to gather information for things like monster enhancement. Not forgetting that the Princess Knight is on the run due to the bounty on her head, and being disguised as an elf really has no incentive, except that she's human, not an elf, as Mist Balukas. The call from the Marquis to eradicate the Mils Ruins, both Touka and Seras Ashrain definitely have their secrets that are well-kept in order not to bring attention to each other, focusing only on the task at hand.

The Mils Ruins being similar with the Ruins of Disposal, Touka has it easy for the time being, much less the self-proclaimed Flash and his mercenaries that Touka honestly need not deal with them, though he does the deed anyways with his Paralyze and Poison on the spot. Reaching the Dragon Eye Chalice is a cinch for Touka, and even doing his skills on the gargoyle being its guardian to kill it, though he really has no need for such contrivances and instead, targets a monster that's just on the way to what he needs, with Seras forming a party with him and not impeding his path while on the way.

PIggymaru takes akin to Seras, but monsters with golden eyes are the only focus that Touka has now.

The production is rather inconsistent with 2D and 3DCG, are they trying to imitate Arifureta down to its animation as well?
Jul 25, 11:39 AM
Mar 2018
that cgi just ruining everything
Jul 25, 12:08 PM

Apr 2021
Another good episode.

I am glad he made a friend and that they can work together to fight against their foes.

Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 25, 12:18 PM
Dec 2020
Touka forms a party with Seras even though he still didn't fully trust her. Both of them also have some secrets. I would like to see how this relation will develop in the future.
Jul 25, 12:19 PM
Dec 2021
This series is great trash <3

loved the music while they were in the city.
Jul 25, 12:35 PM

Oct 2018
Weirdest decision to have the MC being CGI while even people in the background in the same shot isn't. Seems less than a budget choice and more like they believe it's actually better.
Also what is up with this wild west/cowboy background music? We had that in previous episode as well.
Just overall weird decision making.
Jul 25, 12:42 PM
May 2021
Elf is really thicc as seen in op theme, let's see when she will show her real outfit in episode lol
Jul 25, 12:49 PM

Dec 2018
oh man they're gonna blame sera for that, poor woman they attempted to r*pe her twice seriously what is wrong with these people? I like slime bro lol he's a nice character i hope the magic enhancement works and he becomes buff.
Jul 25, 12:51 PM

Dec 2018
Reply to DariusuiraD
that cgi just ruining everything
@DariusuiraD it was so blatant and awkward, yeah. it seriously interrupted scenes where I can't even see why it was needed...maybe a production issue?
Jul 25, 1:13 PM
Oct 2022
It’s pointless to comment anything on here.. I swear to god I weep for mankind’s future.
Jul 25, 1:36 PM
Jul 2013
Still Bad CGI scene mixed here and there
Jul 25, 1:53 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah the CGI movement is so slugger it looks so strange when they walking but at least today episode iit was passable .
They should just skip the damn CGs but I do not think they will do.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 25, 1:53 PM

May 2019
So that blonde girl is indeed the elf Seras as was suspected, and good thing that idiot blonde guy is dead after attempting to pay off a couple of mercenaries to have her raped and killed. Btw I think Touka was going to give them a chance to take back what they were going to do but when they doubled down and threatened to kill him he did what he did without remorse.

With Touka's deadly combo of paralyze and poison it reminds me more and more of "My Instant Death Ability is Overpowered" from this past winter season.
Jul 25, 2:15 PM
Apr 2024
Is it cheaper to use 2D animation? or just lazy? Anyway, I actually enjoyed this episode, maybe because I love to see bad guys been taken care of early on, so no worries later.
Jul 25, 2:26 PM
Aug 2021
I like the story. I know it’s been done before in many ways, but it has enough of a difference to keep me watching. I want to see how he grows and if it’s enough for his revenge(s). What’s driving me nuts is the scene-to-scene animation to 3D cgi and back to animation. They really went overboard with it this episode.
Jul 25, 2:38 PM
Apr 2021
Animation is bad, I mean you have a decent art quality at some point but sometime you have bad insertion of the caracter inside the picture...
Jul 25, 3:27 PM
May 2023
This CGI is really throwing me off. Date a live 5 had better CGI than this (I WILL die on this hill idc fight me)
Jul 25, 3:41 PM
Oct 2022
The story is interesting but the animation is terrible
Jul 25, 3:43 PM

Mar 2017
Yeah I wonder what happened to the budget, it tanked hard after ep 1

r.i.p
Jul 25, 3:43 PM

May 2021
Reply to Akiracr2
The story is interesting but the animation is terrible
@Akiracr2 Story is about the most generic stuff seen in pretty much every issekai by now.
Jul 25, 3:44 PM

May 2021
YeS! We need more shit CGI and more jarring transitions with preferably no backgrounds at all.
Jul 25, 3:50 PM
Oct 2022
MeanEYE said:
@Akiracr2 Story is about the most generic stuff seen in pretty much every issekai by now.

Yes, but it is enjoyable to me, it's a shame the poor quality in all the animation
Jul 25, 3:56 PM

May 2021
Reply to Akiracr2
MeanEYE said:

Yes, but it is enjoyable to me, it's a shame the poor quality in all the animation
@Akiracr2 Fair enough. Animation is dreadful though.
Jul 25, 4:08 PM

Jan 2021
the elf knight girl really needs sleep, please god let her sleep

Jul 25, 4:27 PM
Jan 2022
I rarely complain about animation quality, but this was worse than I'm standing on million lives

seems like our generic plot is moving along at least. would be nice to have less overtly terrible and more nuanced villains but seems that's not what this show is about, just generic fun.
Jul 25, 5:01 PM

Apr 2023
Enjoying the story but wow this has to be some of the absolute worst animation I've seen. The drawn animation is somehow as bad if not worse than the poor quality CG. Seriously though is this studio just that mediocre, or did they just have next to no budget for this? Anyway, its still interesting enough to keep watching looking forward to seeing where this all goes. A drastically large amount of sexual predators in this series so far. How that random dude just lost his marbles all because that chick wasn't who he said she was? Talk about insecure and full of themselves, I'm glad the MC doesn't hesitate to kill these types at least. I honestly wonder if they didn't just use some low grade ai to animate this. It's either that or they're genuinely just that bad at their jobs.
Hot-PantaloonsJul 25, 5:21 PM
Jul 25, 6:02 PM

Jan 2020
The off putting 3D is frustrating because the rest of the time it’s not horrible. Oh well, I’m still enjoying this more than The New Gate, which hurts because that’s a better series overall imo
Jul 25, 6:13 PM
Jul 2024
That blonde adventurer was loud-mouthed trash, biggest mystery to me was why hadn't someone else wasted him already? Clearly, some of the other Party's included fairly decent people for the job they were in.
Jul 25, 6:37 PM
Oct 2019
very bad episode, wow, everything is below average, story, animation, 3D, everything, there's nothing to save in this thing, I'm just watching it to blow my mind
Jul 25, 7:33 PM

Nov 2016
I'm going hollow watching this...
Jul 25, 7:39 PM
Jun 2019
Everything about this episode felt as clunky as the CG animation they sprinkle throughout this series. I'm happy to drop it if the next episode is like this.
Jul 25, 7:54 PM

Mar 2013
Solid episode even with those weird CG usage.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 25, 7:56 PM
Apr 2023
I'm enjoying the story (as another izekai), but as everyone must be saying *this animation is awful* 😂 Makes you want to not support the show given it's so bad.

Even from the very start every background looks terrible and like it's just been dragged and dropped from a collection of cheap backdrops (and that's not getting started on the CG characters).
Jul 25, 9:21 PM

Apr 2009
Touka's standing in his room - 2D. Touka sits down on the bed - 3D. Make it make sense. I don't think I've ever wanted an interview with an anime staff as much as these just so someone can ask them what's up with the random switches. Aside from being ugly it's just bizarre.

Anyway, the reunion was much sooner than I expected. For a gal on the run Seras seems much too generous and accommodating, but it's nice to see Touka make a connection with someone in this world who doesn't betray and/or murder him. I complained in the previous episode it didn't make sense he didn't try to get more information from her, so a plus for him getting to help him out more.

I was surprised when the dudes at the tavern talking about all the powerful groups in the world didn't mention the goddess or anyone serving her. I assumed they'd be at the top or at least get a passing mention. Maybe they were just talking mercenary groups or I missed some other context?

I'd love the pacing if this were a 26 episode season. I'm still enjoying it, but we're a third done and it feels like it's barely even begun scratching the surface.
Jul 25, 10:11 PM

Nov 2012
Man, that cgi is killing me.
Jul 25, 10:23 PM

Jul 2023
So they meet again. Another ruin to explore. Another opportunity to level up.

They better tell us another cour in its first season because a single cour wouldn't be enough with wll the world building this anime is doing.
Jul 25, 11:43 PM

Aug 2013
MVP MC, that random was intolerable.
Yesterday, 1:10 AM

Jun 2023
Might as well go full 3D.
Yesterday, 1:18 AM

May 2015
MC was demolishing that dungeon so methodically that he scared the other adventuring parties! Well at least the non maniacally evil ones. Talk about keeping a low profile...
Yesterday, 1:30 AM
Oct 2022
Such a great and interesting episode, ended too much quickly for me. it's hard to wait for next episode.
Yesterday, 2:00 AM

Feb 2011
blud murdered 3 people and barely winked, and then helped save the elf girl. fantastic anime. im excited to see where this goes from here on out.

4/5

Edit: the CGI was dog shit though, I really do not like it at this point. it's horrible lol

Yesterday, 2:01 AM
May 2020
Out of one dungeon and into another for "haito"
Yesterday, 3:20 AM
Jun 2021
the story is fine but the animation is still shit, bad lighting, color palet and lot of 3d.

Yesterday, 5:48 AM

Jul 2015
Seriously, this show has only one type of villain. And they are making them so cartoonishly evil, edgy and disgusting, that I just can't take it seriously.

Yesterday, 6:21 AM

Jun 2016
people complaining about the animation 3DCGI but for me still good enough !!

this already my fav show every week alrdy
Yesterday, 7:25 AM
May 2024
A historia é ótima, agora a animação parece que foi feita por uns 10 studios diferentes provocando uma confusão danada.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» The animation

-Flaky- - Jul 25

26 by FuzzyRabbitz »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 4

151 by groudonvert »»
Yesterday, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18

78 by groudonvert »»
Jul 23, 11:34 AM

» So basically Arifureta 2.0?

Zakku- - Jun 18

27 by CheliosX »»
Jul 22, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 11

154 by KANLen09 »»
Jul 20, 3:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.