Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 1, 3:59 AM

Jun 2012
Honestly, I'm starting to think Mushoku Tensei might be the best written series ever at this point (at least one that has gotten adapted to an anime). Seems like anime has really been kind of deadge for me recently, or at least in the past 5-6ish years. Mushoku has been the one exception. Also, the fact that the series leaves out crucial & good details from the LN, and is still somehow this good adapted. Is unreal. basically the anime should be even better than it already is. Of course, there's other anime that've been good. But, Mushoku has been an ongoing series for years now. And, still has somehow consistently delivered.

It's also important to note, the way Mushoku Tensei is: Is just simply rare in anime. Sure, there's childcare anime. Sure, there's ecchi anime. Sure there's etc. etc. but Mushoku Tensei has so much shit combined into one that it's 100% unique.

Beyond all of the "controversies" that are actually laughable, it's insanely rare to find someone that genuinely thinks Mushoku isn't a masterpiece.

What do you guys think?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 1, 4:03 AM
Apr 2017
If it didn't cut out important content from the novels I might agree with you.
Jul 1, 4:04 AM

Jun 2012
Reply to Yosakusan
If it didn't cut out important content from the novels I might agree with you.
@Yosakusan I agree, but the issue is. There's almost 0 anime that exists that're exactly 1:1 with the original source. What they did to Roxy was so unbelievably cringe, so people will form their whole opinion over that. But, despite that. The show is still EXTREMELY good. In my opinion.

What they did in that episode will be a stain on the entire series adaption. I have no clue why they left out all of that good shit. It was probably worth for them to extend the episode by a few minutes. (if possible lmao)
Jul 1, 4:09 AM
Jul 2023
it's definitely my favourite anime ever.
Jul 1, 4:13 AM

May 2024
Peak beyond peak. Honestly I love controversial shit in general so this is perfect for me.
Jul 1, 4:15 AM
Jun 2021
Masterpiece (char. Limit)
Jul 1, 4:15 AM

Jan 2023
I think its amazing, the most important thing they do in my opinion is the fact Rudeus is imperfect and feels like a real person.
Jul 1, 4:20 AM

Feb 2011
As of now, from all the anime I've seen I put it on the third place right behind Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu and City Hunter, but it has the potential to reach even higher.

Jul 1, 4:26 AM
Mar 2019
Isekai in generel isnt my favorite genre. But this anime is actually amazing
Jul 1, 4:27 AM
Apr 2023
Mushoku Tensei has such good writing. It’s amazing!!
Jul 1, 4:27 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Flacion
I think its amazing, the most important thing they do in my opinion is the fact Rudeus is imperfect and feels like a real person.
@Flacion people for some reason thinks that the anime is bad because of rudeus' imperfections. Where this is the whole point of the anime.
Jul 1, 4:29 AM

Sep 2016
My favorite Anime right now.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 1, 4:40 AM
Sep 2017
I can't relate with the characters, they are superficial and trash.
Jul 1, 4:43 AM
Nov 2016
This anime is alright, not the best thing ever but it's kinda decent.
Jul 1, 4:48 AM

Jan 2023
@mshfqtny
it's probably because people can't or don't want to put themselves in his place.
But nonetheless their loss for not being able to enjoy a character with clear progression, and an amazing fantasy setting.
Jul 1, 4:51 AM
Feb 2020
It's alright, 7/10.
Jul 1, 4:56 AM

Jul 2015
I'd have to aggre, that author clearly overshoot with Rudy's flaws at the beginning and making him a degenerate to such an extent early on wasn't really necessary. Greyrat genes were more than enough. Thankfully, Rudeus managed to move past his degeneracy and is now in much better place.
Anyway, I think that along with Re:Zero it is THE best isekai out there.
PiromyslJul 1, 10:53 PM

Jul 1, 4:59 AM
Mar 2023
luffy2701 said:
Isekai in generel isnt my favorite genre. But this anime is actually amazing

actually. I never thought i'd like an Isekai this much.
Jul 1, 5:00 AM

Jan 2021
Nah thats going overboard. At first they said its the best isekai, now best anime. Damn stop the glazing.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jul 1, 5:01 AM
Dec 2020
Two words, ABSOLUTE TRASH.
Jul 1, 5:01 AM
Dec 2020
Two words, ABSOLUTE TRASH.
Jul 1, 5:29 AM

Nov 2021
Mushoku tensei is the type of anime which you actually have to understand and not just blindly follow the hate train.It easily became one of my top 10 anime after season 2.
Jul 1, 5:53 AM
May 2016
Mushoku Tensei feels like a show where you are forced to watch the side characters boring life instead of focusing on the main story which was introduced in S1.

So, these pointless waste of time storylines aren't helping the story. It's not even world building at this point, because the drama part could have been of any age, like even in a modern show.
Jul 1, 5:57 AM

Nov 2021
Lmao how can someone be so delusional

Wait, it’s MT fan, understandable. Have a nice day.
Jul 1, 6:01 AM
Jun 2021
Peak! Peak! Peak!🙌
- ad99
Jul 1, 6:13 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
Honestly, I’m happy for you that you like it so much, but you sound quite biased, it isn’t hard at all to find people that don’t think it’s a masterpiece regardless of the “controversies”(and I include myself in such a category).

To sum up my feelings on the series, I would say that it’s solid, it had a really good first season, and at that point, I thought it had the potential to become something special if it got better, but unfortunately, in my opinion, it went in the other direction and fell off hard.

The production quality in season two suffered and the characters I liked, the world building that I was interested in and the captivating plot basically all went away, for a much too long, awkward and dull arc about Rudy’s ED and attempt to fix it at this school, though this second part of the season brought it back somewhat and was significantly better.

There are still highlights like the episode with norn and the art is still stellar even if the animation wasn’t consistent between seasons, but overall I would definitely not consider it a masterpiece and probably wouldn’t recommend the show, it’s a soft 7 for me, I enjoy it and would probably keep watching, but I can also do without it and have many anime I like much better.
Jul 1, 6:56 AM

Nov 2019
Writing is great, not exactly a masterpiece, but has moments that are masterclass.

MT stops and builds up things other isekais take for granted.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jul 1, 7:20 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Laplace_kun
Writing is great, not exactly a masterpiece, but has moments that are masterclass.

MT stops and builds up things other isekais take for granted.
@Laplace_kun well spotted.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 1, 8:15 AM

Mar 2021
ktg said:
Mushoku Tensei feels like a show where you are forced to watch the side characters boring life instead of focusing on the main story which was introduced in S1.

So, these pointless waste of time storylines aren't helping the story. It's not even world building at this point, because the drama part could have been of any age, like even in a modern show.

MT was always a drama to begin with. It follows an MC who is dealing with his past life trauma in his second life. Action and adventure in this show is nothing but a fan service. And what plot exactly is it not following since season 1 coz I feel like you are having some huge expectation without realizing it is not what the show was to begin with.
Jul 1, 8:35 AM
May 2011
An easy skip for me. Just because it takes its time, doesn't change the fact that it is another "loser gets sent to another world where he is super powerful and surrounded by girls"
Jul 1, 8:37 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to Fail_Man_X
An easy skip for me. Just because it takes its time, doesn't change the fact that it is another "loser gets sent to another world where he is super powerful and surrounded by girls"
Fail_Man_X said:
where he is super powerful

Rudy gets screwed over a lot. He doesnt go exactly ''super powerful'' defeating everything etc, in this story.
“Ha ha, the synergy between my left and right hand made them feel scared.” Ye Xiu said.
Jul 1, 11:47 AM
Jan 2022
Mushoku Tensei is just beautiful from the world building the characters, the animation emotions, and everything. It's everything I've wanted in a anime. And I can't forget the beautiful story and character development that's still coming.
Jul 1, 12:55 PM
Apr 2021
Mushoku Tensei feels less like a regular anime to me, but more like the life of Rudeus. We get to see this guy grow up from nothing and the show takes it's time to let us understand him and the people around him. I feel like the show actualy has emotional moments that are earned.

Definitely in it for the long haul and reading the novels after for extra context.
Jul 1, 2:46 PM

Apr 2022
it ranges from okay-good for me overall but nothing memorable enough that it ever makes me feel the need to read the source material ahead. not when my favourite thing about the anime is sugita.
Jul 1, 3:03 PM

Oct 2010
One of the best Isekai and Fantasy series atm and the flawed characters make this way more interesting than most other series with 'morally perfect/good' character.
Jul 1, 3:58 PM
Aug 2021
The anime was a 7-8 for me, but after this season, everything changed. It is really amazing the character growth we see. Rudeus matures emotionally and morally, confronting new challenges with increased confidence and skill. His journey not only showcases his evolving magical abilities but also deepens his relationships and sense of responsibility. It captivated me from the beginning to the end. I can't wait for season 3 and for all that's coming.
Jul 1, 7:28 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to Piromysl
I'd have to aggre, that author clearly overshoot with Rudy's flaws at the beginning and making him a degenerate to such an extent early on wasn't really necessary. Greyrat genes were more than enough. Thankfully, Rudeus managed to move past his degeneracy and is now in much better place.
Anyway, I think that along with Re:Zero it is THE best isekai out there.
@Piromysl Yeah I couldn't stand Rudy at the beginning of this anime, to be honest, he was such a degenerate piece of shit there and it's a miracle I didn't drop this anime at that point, good thing Rudy has become a better person since then so I don't hate him that much now.

When I started watching this anime around 1-2 years ago or something it didn't have the "Ecchi" tag so it was a mistake from MAL because I wasn't expecting all that perverted shit from it, if I knew this anime was "Ecchi" then I would probably be more prepared to endure the dumb shit from Rudy and I don't even dislike Ecchi since I love Prison School, the Ecchi stuff is funny as hell there but in this anime the Ecchi stuff is shit.
Jul 1, 7:39 PM
Nov 2022
For me it started off as another isekai with a weird perverted MC, but it has since really grown on me and i got very invested in the story.
The character/world building is very good and watching rudy grow as a person has been amazing.
Jul 1, 7:56 PM
Oct 2013
I'm not sure I've ever watch an autobiography anime or in any other medium that perfectly enscapulate human aspect of it and how they evolved or change as story progress as much as Mushoku Tensei. Yeah, some others might shown their school day to day life, or some might have shown their work life but a whole life of a person from baby to adolescent and probably till he become old is something interesting. He showed he's stumbling take a step forward move 2 steps back sometimes 3 steps, learned from it take a step move forward again meet a new challenge or responsibility, failed again pick himself back up. Yeah, if I can say it's really close to something that we called "life".
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Jul 2, 12:02 AM
Oct 2018
It started off so well, watched every episode every week but christ almighty I felt like I wasted my time after watching the last few episodes of the season, what a let down.
Jul 2, 1:21 AM

Feb 2022
Reply to nishant0
Lmao how can someone be so delusional

Wait, it’s MT fan, understandable. Have a nice day.
@nishant0 instead of trying to insult other people in a threat that directly asks them for their views on a fictional narrative, you could have just said "don't like it mate, it's just so f*cking weird all around". Like, I am sorry, but it just doesn't work when you are trying to show your superiority to a group of people, by just behaving rude. If you really only wanted to tell people how wrong they are in enjoying the things they do, then you should probably spend your time differently. Apart from that, don't group people together based on arbitrary standards, MT fans aren't a cult, don't make this about a group bias, this was a question directed at individual people with individual responses that all range from "Love it", "hate it" to just "I don't care". This is the same as if I were to call this "classic Frieren stan behaviour" even though this has nothing to do with that. Don't interpret the fact that people enjoy a work that you don't as deranged or the product of an echo chamber, just let them be, it's none of your business really.

You too, have a nice day.
Hello, please don't take anything I say as an insult, it is not meant as an attack against you as a person. If I directly disagree with you, that does not mean I think you are wrong, I am just more correct. Oh, and if you don't understand sarcasm, then I'm a really friendly individual.
Jul 2, 1:34 AM

Nov 2021
Reply to Lucianael
@nishant0 instead of trying to insult other people in a threat that directly asks them for their views on a fictional narrative, you could have just said "don't like it mate, it's just so f*cking weird all around". Like, I am sorry, but it just doesn't work when you are trying to show your superiority to a group of people, by just behaving rude. If you really only wanted to tell people how wrong they are in enjoying the things they do, then you should probably spend your time differently. Apart from that, don't group people together based on arbitrary standards, MT fans aren't a cult, don't make this about a group bias, this was a question directed at individual people with individual responses that all range from "Love it", "hate it" to just "I don't care". This is the same as if I were to call this "classic Frieren stan behaviour" even though this has nothing to do with that. Don't interpret the fact that people enjoy a work that you don't as deranged or the product of an echo chamber, just let them be, it's none of your business really.

You too, have a nice day.
@Lucianael Well, if someone is claiming a show as some sort of objective masterpiece when in actual the show is garbage imo, so it's obvious that I'd call them delusional, but that's just I think, if you like it, good for you. I hope you keep enjoying it.
Jul 2, 2:26 AM

Feb 2022
Reply to nishant0
@Lucianael Well, if someone is claiming a show as some sort of objective masterpiece when in actual the show is garbage imo, so it's obvious that I'd call them delusional, but that's just I think, if you like it, good for you. I hope you keep enjoying it.
@nishant0 when someone calls something a masterpiece, that is not an attempt at objective judgement. We all know that there is no such thing as an objectively flawless piece of fiction, but whenever you express your view on something, you can say "that thing is perfect" without it being an attempt at an objective statement. This is simply because the mere fact that you said it, already clearly means that this is not objective. You don't have to always say "well, in my opinion..." because it can't be anything but your opinion. There is a difference between believing your opinion to be an objective truth and stating something to be "a masterpiece", because nobody believes a statement like that to be the final judgement to a piece of fiction. You are not delusional for calling something perfect, you are just expressing your view, which, as should be obvious, is inherently subjective. There is a great video about this by Joseph Anderson, where he goes over this exact thing and the simple fact that subjectivity is always implied.

In conclusion, people can call Mushoku Tensei whatever they want, they can call it a Masterpiece, the fall of human civilization or the most boring piece of fiction they ever experienced. To be clear, this does not mean, that you should ignore stating when something is your opinion, at least not when it is integral to the thing you are discussing, but in this case, the threat directly asks people to share their opinion. Nobody here is making their view to be the objective reality and if they truly were, if that was what they really believed, then you would be somewhat justified in your criticism. Though even then, the closest thing we have to an objective evaluation of art is to measure the average response, the bigger the sample size the better. By that logic Mushoku Tensei would still be inherently flawed but that would also mean that it is on average well received and thus, as objectively speaking as we can really get, an at the very least good piece of fiction. I am not a fan of taking these scores as the final solution to objectivity, simply because there are so many things that make that a bad decision, but let's ignore all that, because this doesn't matter either way. This threat is not about the total score of the show, it is about asking individual people about their experience with a narrative, that's it.
Hello, please don't take anything I say as an insult, it is not meant as an attack against you as a person. If I directly disagree with you, that does not mean I think you are wrong, I am just more correct. Oh, and if you don't understand sarcasm, then I'm a really friendly individual.
Jul 2, 2:39 AM

Nov 2021
Reply to Lucianael
@nishant0 when someone calls something a masterpiece, that is not an attempt at objective judgement. We all know that there is no such thing as an objectively flawless piece of fiction, but whenever you express your view on something, you can say "that thing is perfect" without it being an attempt at an objective statement. This is simply because the mere fact that you said it, already clearly means that this is not objective. You don't have to always say "well, in my opinion..." because it can't be anything but your opinion. There is a difference between believing your opinion to be an objective truth and stating something to be "a masterpiece", because nobody believes a statement like that to be the final judgement to a piece of fiction. You are not delusional for calling something perfect, you are just expressing your view, which, as should be obvious, is inherently subjective. There is a great video about this by Joseph Anderson, where he goes over this exact thing and the simple fact that subjectivity is always implied.

In conclusion, people can call Mushoku Tensei whatever they want, they can call it a Masterpiece, the fall of human civilization or the most boring piece of fiction they ever experienced. To be clear, this does not mean, that you should ignore stating when something is your opinion, at least not when it is integral to the thing you are discussing, but in this case, the threat directly asks people to share their opinion. Nobody here is making their view to be the objective reality and if they truly were, if that was what they really believed, then you would be somewhat justified in your criticism. Though even then, the closest thing we have to an objective evaluation of art is to measure the average response, the bigger the sample size the better. By that logic Mushoku Tensei would still be inherently flawed but that would also mean that it is on average well received and thus, as objectively speaking as we can really get, an at the very least good piece of fiction. I am not a fan of taking these scores as the final solution to objectivity, simply because there are so many things that make that a bad decision, but let's ignore all that, because this doesn't matter either way. This threat is not about the total score of the show, it is about asking individual people about their experience with a narrative, that's it.
@Lucianael I did share my opinion, I think fans like op are delusional who thinks "it's insanely rare to find someone that genuinely thinks Mushoku isn't a masterpiece." which basically meant I dislike both its fanbase and show itself. Now about the show, I mainly started it because of its world and adventure, I never really give a shit about its main character and others, they are just alright. Now it just turned into some family drama crap, which in the end MC going to ends up marring girls, so yeah this isn't really my thing anymore.
Jul 2, 2:45 AM

Feb 2022
Reply to nishant0
@Lucianael I did share my opinion, I think fans like op are delusional who thinks "it's insanely rare to find someone that genuinely thinks Mushoku isn't a masterpiece." which basically meant I dislike both its fanbase and show itself. Now about the show, I mainly started it because of its world and adventure, I never really give a shit about its main character and others, they are just alright. Now it just turned into some family drama crap, which in the end MC going to ends up marring girls, so yeah this isn't really my thing anymore.
@nishant0 Your opinion on the show is understandable, and I am not going to argue against that, I just want to ask, why do you feel a need to tell these people that you view as lesser, that they are delusional? If you believe that to be an obvious fact and don't care for them, why do you go out of your way to insult them?
Jul 2, 2:55 AM

Nov 2021
Reply to Lucianael
@nishant0 Your opinion on the show is understandable, and I am not going to argue against that, I just want to ask, why do you feel a need to tell these people that you view as lesser, that they are delusional? If you believe that to be an obvious fact and don't care for them, why do you go out of your way to insult them?
Lucianael said:
If you believe that to be an obvious fact and don't care for them, why do you go out of your way to insult them?
I never said it as a FACT and it isn't really going out of my way when I just have to type few words that comes in my mind while reading op's post, however if you consider it an insult then it is It's a different thing.
Jul 2, 3:02 AM

Feb 2022
Reply to nishant0
Lucianael said:
If you believe that to be an obvious fact and don't care for them, why do you go out of your way to insult them?
I never said it as a FACT and it isn't really going out of my way when I just have to type few words that comes in my mind while reading op's post, however if you consider it an insult then it is It's a different thing.
@nishant0 I hardly see how calling someone delusional was not meant to insult them, but I digress, you seem reasonable enough to judge for yourself if insulting people is a good thing or not, I think I made my point clear enough and if you disagree then I am okay with that. My only question left is, was your original message only directed at the OP, or was it also in response to messages posted by other people in this threat?
Jul 2, 3:12 AM

Nov 2021
Reply to Lucianael
@nishant0 I hardly see how calling someone delusional was not meant to insult them, but I digress, you seem reasonable enough to judge for yourself if insulting people is a good thing or not, I think I made my point clear enough and if you disagree then I am okay with that. My only question left is, was your original message only directed at the OP, or was it also in response to messages posted by other people in this threat?
Lucianael said:
My only question left is, was your original message only directed at the OP, or was it also in response to messages posted by other people in this threat?
that much is pretty obvious from my post, so figure yourself, i guess.
Jul 2, 4:07 AM

Feb 2022
Reply to nishant0
Lucianael said:
My only question left is, was your original message only directed at the OP, or was it also in response to messages posted by other people in this threat?
that much is pretty obvious from my post, so figure yourself, i guess.
@nishant0 not really though, the fact that you generalize this implies you are talking about a group, while "MT fan" is singular. "Someone" also doesn't need to refer to a single individual. "Wait, it’s MT fan, understandable" is not grammatically correct, thus I would need to assume, that you made a grammatical error, but did not make an error when it came to the word "fan" (singular). My point is not, that it is somehow a problem that you made an error when writing a message, who cares, but in this case I really am unsure how to read it.
Jul 2, 4:41 AM

Nov 2021
Reply to Lucianael
@nishant0 not really though, the fact that you generalize this implies you are talking about a group, while "MT fan" is singular. "Someone" also doesn't need to refer to a single individual. "Wait, it’s MT fan, understandable" is not grammatically correct, thus I would need to assume, that you made a grammatical error, but did not make an error when it came to the word "fan" (singular). My point is not, that it is somehow a problem that you made an error when writing a message, who cares, but in this case I really am unsure how to read it.
@Lucianael if there are group of people who thinks the same way then it also applies to them, and i’ve witnessed quite a few of them already, so you’re not entirely wrong here.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

V1P3R0P - May 26

144 by Gator »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Jun 16

582 by ssafin »»
3 hours ago

» What page to continue the LN?

LaptopZ - Jun 30

14 by Jullio »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ArimaKana - Jun 23

339 by sharinbai »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 30

304 by davidyodo24 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.