Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 31, 8:02 PM

Nov 2018
It's the epilogue that they adapted first for some reason. Wait until the anime ends and then watch.
Unless you wanna spoil yourself for no reason
Jun 1, 2:16 AM

Apr 2020
Why?
It‘s canon. They did a good job adapting it.
Watch it.
Jun 1, 2:21 AM

Mar 2018
too late... so this is the ending of the anime? they will not meet with each other?????????????????????
Sport Club Corinthians Paulist is the biggest football team in the world.
51 is cachaça
Jun 1, 5:37 AM
Jul 2014
Reply to Merve2Love
Why?
Watch it.
@Merve2Love Yeah it's canon - It's also the literal epilogue of the series that they adapted first for some dumb reason. Hence "Wait until the anime ends, then watch".
Jun 1, 7:18 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to Merve2Love
Why?
Watch it.
@Merve2Love Considering it's adapting chapters so close to the ending and the movie didn't include this (according to jp audience that saw the movie), it's probably not the author or series director intention to watch it first.
It may be a distribution blunder that caused it to be released before the rest of the season.
Anyway, I also skipped it and I'll probably watch it last.
Jun 1, 9:00 AM
Mar 2023
Too late bro. Shows bad anyway would have just preferred if episode 0 was the whole thing
Jun 1, 12:48 PM

Dec 2020
Well just fuck it. Didn't have any expectations from this series and the first ep was worse than average. So whatever happens don't give a shit
Jun 1, 12:49 PM

Dec 2020
Eldencheese said:
Too late bro. Shows bad anyway would have just preferred if episode 0 was the whole thing

Goated words. The thought's mutual bro
Jun 1, 1:20 PM

Jul 2019
Maybe episode 0 was intended for those who watched the two movies already...
Jun 1, 7:59 PM

Nov 2018
Reply to Merve2Love
Why?
Watch it.
@Merve2Love this is like saying you should watch zoku owarimonogatari EPs 1 and 2 before bakemonogatari
Jun 1, 8:01 PM

Nov 2018
Reply to Eldencheese
@Eldencheese well that's just you opinion. I'm trying to warn the people who might like this show
Jun 1, 8:02 PM

Nov 2018
Reply to ArtaxerxesCC
Maybe episode 0 was intended for those who watched the two movies already...
@ArtaxerxesCC this is what I think, it also crunchy rolls fault for airing this like a prologue
Jun 1, 10:12 PM
Jan 2019
So is the actual series any better? The Ep. 0 did everything wrong for an opening so after finishing it I immediately dropped the show despite having been kind of excited about it earlier. That has happened only few times in like 15 years I've watched anime...
Condition_ChaosJun 1, 10:17 PM
Jun 1, 10:36 PM

Nov 2018
Reply to Condition_Chaos
So is the actual series any better? The Ep. 0 did everything wrong for an opening so after finishing it I immediately dropped the show despite having been kind of excited about it earlier. That has happened only few times in like 15 years I've watched anime...
@Condition_Chaos Idk how to say it but episode 1 works as an introduction while episode 0 does not work, for so many reasons
Jun 1, 11:50 PM
Nov 2019
Uhhh the 0 came out first so I watched it unfortunately. However, they did it on purpose so it wont be a big problem, right 😓?
Jun 2, 1:18 AM

Aug 2019
or you could, I don't know, read the manga?
What's this new thing about considering an adaptation that isn't 100% faithful as bad? Why do you keep watching if you don't trust the director?
What a sad way to approach art.
Jun 2, 6:58 AM
Dec 2018
autistic manga fans. you know what, I'm gonna watch Episode 0 harder now just to prove a point.
Jun 2, 4:43 PM

Nov 2018
Reply to Fearfesse
or you could, I don't know, read the manga?
What's this new thing about considering an adaptation that isn't 100% faithful as bad? Why do you keep watching if you don't trust the director?
What a sad way to approach art.
@Fearfesse It isn't unfaithfully adaptation, in fact it is extremely faithful, especially in episode 0. But it's the equivalent of watching the first half of end of evangelion before you start evangelion proper.

It's not even like this in the movie version which makes it even more confusing why they did it like this
Jun 2, 5:19 PM
Jan 2014
Of course, it's odd being presented with many of the later story elements at the beginning of the series, but I don't think we can really judge the way episode 0 was handeled just yet, as we do not know what direction the anime adaptation will take. Reportedly, it could be an original ending that takes a different direction from the manga.

For now, I think we should trust the staff that the way the story has been restructured will make sense once we see the complete thing.
Let them cook.
Jun 3, 3:21 PM
May 2013
Thank you for the warning
Jun 6, 4:07 PM

Oct 2015
Reply to Merve2Love
Why?
Watch it.
@Merve2Love Amen. This. This is a level-headed person.
Jun 7, 4:50 PM

Oct 2010
So is Episode 0 gonna get its own entry or is it counted with this one?
Jun 7, 5:56 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to The_Sum_of_Zero
So is Episode 0 gonna get its own entry or is it counted with this one?
@The_Sum_of_Zero Episode 0 was moved to its own entry a couple of days ago:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/58920/Dead_Dead_Demons_Dededede_Destruction_ONA_Episode_0
Jun 7, 6:08 PM

Oct 2010
Reply to xZabuzax
@xZabuzax Ah, didn't see it cause it wasn't linked to this one. Thanks!
Jun 9, 12:54 AM
Apr 2024
Ep 0 isn't as bad as people say, but not as good as the manga's beginning
Jun 9, 1:12 AM

May 2021
vp787 said:
It's the epilogue that they adapted first for some reason. Wait until the anime ends and then watch.

In manga ep. 0 would be the last chapter?
Jun 9, 2:02 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to DigiCat
vp787 said:

In manga ep. 0 would be the last chapter?
@DigiCat chapters 90-95 out of 100
Jun 11, 1:25 PM
Jan 2018
This post is beyond stupid. Clearly they want anime watchers to watch Episode 0 before the rest of the series. Please shut up.
Jun 11, 5:32 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to OurBoySouichi
This post is beyond stupid. Clearly they want anime watchers to watch Episode 0 before the rest of the series. Please shut up.
@OurBoySouichi An anime director doesn't always make the best decision and this is one of them, how is watching the last few chapters of a manga a good idea? the spoilers will be beyond stupid.
Jun 12, 12:23 AM
Jan 2018
Reply to xZabuzax
@OurBoySouichi An anime director doesn't always make the best decision and this is one of them, how is watching the last few chapters of a manga a good idea? the spoilers will be beyond stupid.
@xZabuzax Because they arent spoilers? The director/production committee very intentionally want you to start with episode 0.
Jun 14, 3:16 AM
Sep 2016
Episode 0 means something that should be watched AFTER the main series. Take Fate Zero for example.
Jun 17, 7:28 AM

Aug 2019
@vp787 Really glad I decided to check here first lol thanks! I think I'd rather just not watch episode 0. It just seems like such a backwards decision by the director to show the epilogue or later chapters first. I'll give the actual series a shot though, it looks interesting
Jul 3, 6:54 PM

Sep 2008
Episode zero made me want to watch the whole series.
Jul 4, 2:35 AM

Dec 2015
People had no problem with X when the series did the same : promise plot points through an OAV some call 'episode 0' that would go through many events plus late revelations about characters' past before starting at the beginning with the first episode.

Crazy "spoilers" obsessed generation...
Jul 7, 10:59 PM
May 2019
I watched it and made me binge all 6 episodes, I think it was a great build up especially based on how the pacing is going in the show. If it keeps it up probably will be a new piece on my fav list. All those negative comments are understandable tho may not be appealing to the simple crowd.
Jul 11, 6:10 PM

May 2022
I didn’t know episode 0 was an epilogue. Wow that sucks but I’m still enjoying the show 6 episodes in at the time of this post.
Sep 1, 8:03 PM
Jul 2016
Too late, I fucked up 😭
Sep 3, 4:20 PM

Aug 2012
Damn I didnt know, I knew it was weird that it was called Episode 0.
Oh well... But to be fair it kinda makes me more interested in the show as a whole and I might not have watched it if not for that.
So maybe its not the end of the world to watch it first.
It kinda ended on a cliffhanger too so they didn't really go full out and spoiled us everything.

Sometimes these timeskip random scene spoilers are kinda good just for the fact that it increases interest by a lot, for example the Boruto first minute kinda made me want to read the whole manga and it was very much worth it.

More topics from this board

» English subs fixed on Crunchyroll

GrumbleDango - Sep 10

12 by DiamondDust9 »»
4 minutes ago

» Does this anime improve after episode 2, or at any point?

DiamondDust9 - Aug 25

38 by ryzxgum »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction (ONA) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Yesterday

68 by dragynfaerie »»
1 hour ago

» Can you watch Episode 0 near the end of the Series?

KingSlowDown - Sep 12

24 by Kikinho »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction (ONA) Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 12

89 by Supirosk »»
Yesterday, 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.