Forum Settings
Forums

Toru Furuya, voice of Amuro Char, has a 4.5 sexual affair with a woman in her 30s

New
May 21, 9:37 PM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
https://x.com/sandman_ap/status/1793118735680913872?s=46

It was reported today that Toru Furuya, 70 years old, the voice actor for Sabo, had a four-and-a-half-year sexual affair with a woman in her 30s who is a fan of Furuya. He violated her, got her pregnant, and forced her to have an abortion. [source: Bunshun]

About the weekly report:
“I, Toru Furuya, have been interviewed by the Weekly Bunshun.
I would like to apologise and inform you of the great crime I have committed.
I had an affair with a female fan for a long period of four and a half years until last September. I was attracted to her because she was straight forward and supportive, so I contacted her myself and the relationship started in a shallow way.
During our relationship, we had an argument once and I raised my hand in the air. It was the worst thing I could have done as an adult and as a human being.
I also made the unforgivable mistake of causing her to have an abortion.
I am truly, truly sorry for the deep hurt I caused the other woman, both physically and mentally.
I cannot apologise enough for betraying the trust of all my fans who have supported me over the years, disappointing them, hurting them and tarnishing my character. I have also betrayed the trust of everyone involved and caused a great deal of inconvenience.
I will sincerely make amends with all my heart and soul for the rest of my life.
I am prepared to face any sanctions.
I am sincerely sorry.“

Toru Furuya
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 21, 10:16 PM
Sep 2021
how does gramps still get it up at 70 ☠️

May 21, 10:19 PM
Aug 2018
No... my immersion is ruined. I can't look at Sabo the same way now...
May 21, 10:29 PM

Aug 2016
There is nothing wrong with abortions.
May 21, 10:33 PM

Sep 2016
Huh, guess he'll get Harvey Weinstein'ed from the industry and Sabo will get a new voice. Too bad, Kizaru's original voice already was a great loss.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 21, 10:41 PM

Oct 2013
Damn, that sounds bad. He has voiced so many iconic characters. Amuro Ray from Gundam, Yamcha from Dragon Ball, Pegasus Seiya from Saint Seiya, and many more... Well, one can be talented and skilled at one thing (here: voice acting) and respected in the industry as a professionalist, but can be way different when it comes to real life behavior. Too bad. This situation sounds way worse than already bad looking case with Takahiro Sakurai having an affair with a writer from his radio show.
AdnashMay 21, 11:02 PM
May 21, 10:52 PM

Dec 2021
Toru Furuya, voice of Amuro Char, has a 4.5 sexual affair with a woman in her 30s

4.5 Sexual Affair sounds like some really messed-up Tatami Galaxy sequel or something xD
May 21, 10:52 PM

Jun 2019
His character in Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story, the coach, was one of the central figures involved in a scandalous love affair too.

I don't care at all, other than for the sake of passing curiosity and conversation, what actors/voice actors/directors/writers/producers/musicians/painters/etc. do in their private lives. It's their business.

In some cases I don't personally care, but I understand why there is a big scandal, over some legal charges. In this case it doesn't even seem to be a legal matter - He didn't do anything illegal, so not sure why it's a big dramatic thing.

There's nothing wrong with anyone getting an abortion for whatever reason. The only thing in there I could see as even possibly having any legal implications is the line referencing about "We had an argument once and I raised my hand in the air", possibly alluding to some form of physical abuse, but if it was an isolated incident months or years ago with no physical evidence remaining I doubt there'd be any legal case brought over that.

This seems more like just some personal issue and lovers' quarrel blown out of proportion into the public limelight where it doesn't really belong.
WatchTillTandavaMay 21, 10:58 PM
May 21, 10:56 PM

Oct 2013
Dude is screwed for sure. This is the kinda thing that really puts your ability to separate art from the artist to the test. I don't really have any feelings one way or the other towards the guy, but I've had plenty of people I like end up in situations like this or other types of scandals. Prime example of why you shouldn't idolize anyone. They're all just regular people who are just as prone to fuck ups as anyone else.
May 21, 10:59 PM

May 2019
At least he made an official statement and apologize for all his sins. But he still need to get Bright slap after all.

May 21, 11:02 PM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Thread locked

Anime Discussion Rules: 5. Please refrain from posting thread topics which extend beyond the discussion of anime/manga as an entertainment medium to highly-debated social and/or moral issues. This includes but is not limited to: pedophilia, gender/racial equality, sexual orientation, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Do y'all fw Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

IssyBoy - 12 hours ago

52 by Nothing129 »»
2 minutes ago

» What's a period of anime you miss and have lots of nostalgia for?

TheBlockernator - 5 hours ago

9 by RyogiSHIKI7 »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you have animes you've rated 5 and under on your completed list, why? ( 1 2 )

melodyily - Jun 15

71 by 8oomer »»
17 minutes ago

» Modern chill anime osts like these?

Atmogenic - Yesterday

20 by pablown »»
23 minutes ago

» Seinen Big 3

JoeChip - 10 hours ago

27 by Flick_on »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.