Forum Settings
Forums

what makes you send someone a friend request?

New
Apr 29, 2:22 AM

Dec 2018
i'm curious as to what makes y'all send others a FR on here. do people on forums intrigue you? perhaps through their lists?? lmao or do you just vibe check their profiles?
*burps*  [font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Apr 29, 3:07 AM

Sep 2016
I don't, but sometimes I get random requests, I guess most of them just want to remember a profile that way, in the same way they put Anime in their lists.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 29, 4:25 AM

Aug 2020
I don't send them. I used to. No idea since most FR don't have anything written.

Apr 29, 4:47 AM

Feb 2024
I'm too shy to send friend requests, even though there are a few people here I like (based on their lists and forum activity). However, I would happily accept any, because why not?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Apr 29, 6:31 AM

Jul 2013
If the person seems like a decent and good person, I will befriend them.
Apr 29, 6:39 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to DesuMaiden
If the person seems like a decent and good person, I will befriend them.
@DesuMaiden ah i see, so what makes them seem decent and good??
*burps*  [font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Apr 29, 6:41 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Only when I know them in real life or I've met them before from other places like Discord :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 29, 6:44 AM

Feb 2020
If we have somewhat a similar anime taste or if I just happen to like that person very much.

SerafosApr 29, 8:18 AM
Apr 29, 7:04 AM

Jan 2023
I don’t send any out, and I don’t have a particular reason as to why. I’m happy to accept any albeit it’d be nice to maintain a conversation.
Apr 29, 7:08 AM

Jul 2016
These days I send them based on feel. Like if I see in the fg and I feel we have the same vibes I send a friend request. Otherwise it's just randos sending friend requests.
Apr 29, 7:10 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to 707supremacist
@DesuMaiden ah i see, so what makes them seem decent and good??
@707supremacist if they don't look suspcious or sketchy.
Apr 29, 7:18 AM

Nov 2021
Probably their taste in anime if i ever send one.
Apr 29, 7:23 AM

Dec 2021
I do not accept friend requests from others or send them out myself unless I am first sent the person's nudes.
Apr 29, 7:26 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to KittenCuddler
I do not accept friend requests from others or send them out myself unless I am first sent the person's nudes.
@KittenCuddler that sounds sketchy lol.
Apr 29, 7:33 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to BitChilly
I don’t send any out, and I don’t have a particular reason as to why. I’m happy to accept any albeit it’d be nice to maintain a conversation.
@BitChilly great, i just learned a new word from you lol thanks! a new addition to my essays xD
Apr 29, 7:34 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to DesuMaiden
@707supremacist if they don't look suspcious or sketchy.
@DesuMaiden valid‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
Apr 29, 7:36 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to KittenCuddler
@KittenCuddler hmmmm will pussy pics count??? as in cats of course
Apr 29, 9:28 AM

Jul 2013
If the person seems semi-decent, I will send them a request.
Apr 29, 11:47 AM

Feb 2018
I don't send fr anymore. But i accept fr.

Apr 29, 11:48 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to tsukareru
I don't send fr anymore. But i accept fr.
@tsukareru what conditions do you accept for friendship btw?
Apr 29, 11:53 AM

Feb 2018
Reply to DesuMaiden
@tsukareru what conditions do you accept for friendship btw?
@DesuMaiden Just don't be a pain to deal with i guess. It's a really low bar

Apr 29, 11:55 AM
Jan 2023
usually it's either, I bump into someone who I know from outside of MAL or someone who seems to have similar anime taste and appears to be a decent person

I very rarely send friend requests, but I do tend to accept them.
Apr 29, 12:01 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to tsukareru
@DesuMaiden Just don't be a pain to deal with i guess. It's a really low bar
@tsukareru it is a low bar for me, too,fyi.
Apr 29, 12:03 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
a few back and forth, compatibility primarily with life perspectives compared to anime tastes and amicability
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Apr 29, 12:06 PM

Feb 2018
Reply to DesuMaiden
@tsukareru it is a low bar for me, too,fyi.
@DesuMaiden Lmao then send me one, i dare you. Maybe i'll ignore it lol. But i don't send fr anymore and i'll stick to that ( ^▽^)ψ

Apr 29, 12:56 PM

Feb 2018
lmao classic ego situation (▔∀▔)

Apr 29, 1:04 PM

Jan 2014
I've probably sent maybe 2 or 3 request since 2014 lol

Tho I get 1-4 request every single week on here. 99.99% of them just send the request with no message attached and no comment on my profile. I'm certain they just sent it because they want to use my list as a reference, as I not only have seen a fuck ton of anime, but also my list design is very appealing to navigate through

Ever since the MAL golden years ended, about 2019, I just kinda stopped caring for the most part interacting with users on a regular basis, for multiple reasons. So it's safe to assume, that if someone sends me a blank request, I will 100% ignore it. I still don't mind talking with people every now and then for a brief time, so for the extremely rare cases when someone does actually say something, I give a response.
Apr 29, 6:33 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to tsukareru
@DesuMaiden Lmao then send me one, i dare you. Maybe i'll ignore it lol. But i don't send fr anymore and i'll stick to that ( ^▽^)ψ
@tsukareru this site is legit i.e. not sketchy...so there is nothing wrong with making friends on here.
Apr 29, 9:28 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
If I know the person or I want to get to know the person (they are particularly interesting).
Apr 30, 2:47 AM

Mar 2018
i generally only send friend requests to people i know extremely well
or am very very comfortable with. at this point in my life it's hard for
me to stay consistent per se and a lot of people, particularly younger
people, seem to want to constantly stay in touch whilst i often only
reach out to people in sporadic bursts.

Apr 30, 8:14 AM
Apr 30, 8:17 AM

Jan 2009
usually they are regulars in casual discussions but i rarely talk to them though sorry for being boring friends
Apr 30, 10:27 AM

Feb 2018
Reply to DesuMaiden
@tsukareru this site is legit i.e. not sketchy...so there is nothing wrong with making friends on here.
@DesuMaiden well i didn't say that there's anything wrong with making friends here. Just that i have grown tired of sending out fr now. Tbh many users here are friends, despite not being on my fr list.

Apr 30, 11:51 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to tsukareru
@DesuMaiden well i didn't say that there's anything wrong with making friends here. Just that i have grown tired of sending out fr now. Tbh many users here are friends, despite not being on my fr list.
@tsukareru you raise a very valid point. Thanks for pointing that out.
May 1, 10:00 PM
Dust collector

Sep 2021
When I find their profile interesting, like their design, favorites, and affinity.
May 1, 10:44 PM

Mar 2008
I almost never do because i want the validation they want me by them sending first ._.
May 2, 12:01 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Usually if I enjoyed talking to them.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
May 2, 9:09 PM

Jun 2014
I usually send one they like a lot of the same anime I do, or if they at least have good taste.

I used to send random requests, but stop partially due to self consciousness but also because I haven't interacted with any of them in years.

I'll still accept random requests, but I'd still rather actually regularly interact with the user.

I guess I don't see much of a point in sending requests anymore.
May 12, 6:40 PM

May 2022
If they seem like an interesting person, or we've talked before. I basically never send friend request though cause i'm too shy.
May 12, 6:49 PM

Jul 2013
If the person isnt sketchy, I would befriend them...if they are sketchy, I probably wont befriend them because they might be an undercover cop lol...
May 15, 9:36 AM

Jul 2010
When profile looks active and open/friendly. You can say it's random, but I don't do it often.
May 15, 11:03 AM

Jun 2023
I rarely send them but if someone has favorites I really like or they have the same hobbies I send one to get to know them more.
May 15, 2:56 PM

Jul 2013
If they arent a criminal, then I might consider befriending them...otherwise, if they are a criminal, I suspect that they might be an undercover fbi agent...

More topics from this board

» I might be going away for awhile

The-Nsider - 4 hours ago

11 by traed »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think the revolution of robots, machines and AIs will happen this century?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

25 by Zedlin »»
38 minutes ago

» Any professional artists here?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

14 by Zedlin »»
40 minutes ago

» How much IQ points do you lose when you interact with people in real life?

LenRea - Today

11 by Zedlin »»
42 minutes ago

» What are you doing right now? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Mayhem- - Dec 25, 2020

448 by Serafos »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.